House of the Dead Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkC
I really enjoyed these since I was a little 11-year old. Now that HotD4 is out, the plot and environment's been getting slightly better.

Can't say the same for the shitty voice acting.

Hotd4 will use a machine gun as opposed to #3's shotgun and #1-2's handgun.

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/vandal_news/20050708/18/1341333214.jpg

First boss:
http://www.vidaextra.com/images/hotd4-2.jpg

SaTsuJiN
I really like the interactivity of TimeCrisis' recoiling gun more... plus its annoying to shoot off the screen to reload for HotD series...did they get rid of that?

DarkC
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I really like the interactivity of TimeCrisis' recoiling gun more... plus its annoying to shoot off the screen to reload for HotD series...did they get rid of that?
In Hotd3, you had to pump the shotgun to reload.

Smasandian
I like playing light gun games, but never do. It's too expansive to play at an arcade.

If I had the arcade system at home, then that would be a different story.

DarkC
Originally posted by Smasandian
I like playing light gun games, but never do. It's too expansive to play at an arcade.

If I had the arcade system at home, then that would be a different story.
I went to play HotD2 at the arcade that was at the mall I lived near, so it wasn't much of a hassle for me.

Lana
My friend Lauren and I play HotD EVERY time we go to an arcade.

DarkC
Originally posted by Lana
My friend Lauren and I play HotD EVERY time we go to an arcade.
What, the first one? stick out tongue I owned the first 2 HotD's on my computer, but lost them one day. Bah.

I haven't tried 3 or 4.

Smasandian
Well it still costs alot of money.

One game is like a buck in Canadian...its ridicoulous. Also, arcades are extinct, so the only time you play is a movie theatre now. And really, if you trying to get pootang, you definitly dont start up a game of Marvel Vs Capcom Super X fighting edition.

Scorpion_Master
I love HotD 2 Its awesome and i want to have the 3:rd and 4:th game to big grin What console is the new one coming to??

DarkC

Scorpion_Master
DOH!

IcePunk
Originally posted by Scorpion_Master
DOH!
Sucka laughing out loud I'm glad I've got one big grin

SaTsuJiN
lol.. they should try something different with the gun unit... if the machine gun doesnt vibrate like crazy that would suck.. sad

Spartan005
I love the House of the Dead games. I own the 3rd one for Xbox, and its pretty cool, and once you beat the game you unlock the 2nd one, which IMO is even better. The only thing that sucks is the acting... its laughable. laughing

But the next game should be cool cool

SaTsuJiN
lol..all those sega shooters had bad acting.. I love virtua cop.. "dont shoot me~" laughing out loud

DarkC
Originally posted by Spartan005
I love the House of the Dead games. I own the 3rd one for Xbox, and its pretty cool, and once you beat the game you unlock the 2nd one, which IMO is even better. The only thing that sucks is the acting... its laughable. laughing

But the next game should be cool cool
Where'd you manage to get HotD3?! It's nowhere in Canada, I swear to god.
lol..all those sega shooters had bad acting.. I love virtua cop.. "dont shoot me~" laughing out loud
It's rather pathetic in HotD2 when the women scream: "Don't come! Don't come!"

They're coming, lady. Might as well run instead of cowering against the wall.

DarkC
lol.. they should try something different with the gun unit... if the machine gun doesnt vibrate like crazy that would suck.. sad
No, they don't do that.

I played HotD4 yesterday. Made it to the second boss.

The first thing that can be said about this game is there's a shitload of more enemies. 6 at a time, minimum. 15-20 sometimes. Compared to House of the Dead 1 or 2, it had insane amounts of action.
The voice acting is craploads better too.

The reload function, you have two choices. You can either shake the gun (make the motion of forcibly ejecting a clip) or you can do the classic shoot off the screen. I stick with the shaking.

To compensate for the amount of enemies, they invented a new concept: grenades. Usually you can only use one per chapter though. Also, the machine gun is fully automatic. Point, squeeze, hold. About 20 or so bullets per clip.

You can actively choose which paths to take now, being presented with two options a chapter.

Sometimes you will get grabbed. To shake them off, you have to shake the gun violently.

Boss fights are more intense as well, so far as I can tell. That picture I posted in my first post? Think of that chainsaw-weilding juggernaut in #2, on steroids, unarmed, and with four arms.

Spartan005
Yeah, I played this one at an arcade a couple weeks ago. It was pretty good with all the new styles of gameplay.... but is this coming out to the xbox or is it just for the arcade?
Originally posted by DarkC
Where'd you manage to get HotD3?! It's nowhere in Canada, I swear to god.

It's rather pathetic in HotD2 when the women scream: "Don't come! Don't come!"

They're coming, lady. Might as well run instead of cowering against the wall.

I just picked up the third one at gamestop, and I got the gun with it cool And You thought the women's acting was bad? What about the Goldmember guy when he starts to laugh in the arena.... it was horrible laughing

Tekno Boy
Originally posted by DarkC
No, they don't do that.

I played HotD4 yesterday. Made it to the second boss.

The first thing that can be said about this game is there's a shitload of more enemies. 6 at a time, minimum. 15-20 sometimes. Compared to House of the Dead 1 or 2, it had insane amounts of action.
The voice acting is craploads better too.

The reload function, you have two choices. You can either shake the gun (make the motion of forcibly ejecting a clip) or you can do the classic shoot off the screen. I stick with the shaking.

To compensate for the amount of enemies, they invented a new concept: grenades. Usually you can only use one per chapter though. Also, the machine gun is fully automatic. Point, squeeze, hold. About 20 or so bullets per clip.

You can actively choose which paths to take now, being presented with two options a chapter.

Sometimes you will get grabbed. To shake them off, you have to shake the gun violently.

Boss fights are more intense as well, so far as I can tell. That picture I posted in my first post? Think of that chainsaw-weilding juggernaut in #2, on steroids, unarmed, and with four arms.

I thought you said he was unarmed. Boom-boom *cymbal*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.