What can a blast from the Death Star do to our Sun?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Would our Sun blow up or not.

Tarvos
If Death Star rays can react to helium in an explosive way, then:

No shit.

Might need more than one blast though. Probably not.

Wesker
Well let's see... It destroys an earth sized planet and it's planetary bombardment shields inside of 1/16th of a second...

I'd say it causes a chain reaction which will probably destroy the first three planets -at least-.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Wesker
Well let's see... It destroys an earth sized planet and it's planetary bombardment shields inside of 1/16th of a second...

I'd say it causes a chain reaction which will probably destroy the first three planets -at least-.

yea but I'm talking about a direct hit from the Death Star to our Sun.

Council#13
Hmmmm maybe maybe not cool useful post, huh?

Tangible God
You're gonna need Nai to bring in some physics and science in this, or something. The Super-laser was never fired upon a star in SW, was it?

jenzie
doubt it had the nessesary firepower to take down a sun (our sun)
it was more a "instant-death-shot" kind of weapon, and not a long lasting weapon

how long COULD it have been fired?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Tangible God
You're gonna need Nai to bring in some physics and science in this, or something.

The Super-laser was never fired upon a star in SW, was it?

Well no, but it was called the "Death Star", so who knows..

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Tarvos
If Death Star rays can react to helium in an explosive way, then:

No shit.

Might need more than one blast though. Probably not.

The sun does react to heluim in some way because most of the sun is made up of helium and hydrogen, but I dont think the death star would blow it up.

henniestevens
The Deathstar is known for the ability to destroy a planet, not for the ability to destroy a sun.. Still it might make the sun unstable and it would explode maybe...

Tangible God
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Well no, but it was called the "Death Star", so who knows.. Hmm. But I still doubt a "Star Destroyer" could live up to its name.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Tangible God
Hmm. But I still doubt a "Star Destroyer" could live up to its name.

Maybe, but no one ever said anything about the full potential of a Star Destroyer.

If something as massive as a Star Destroyer can travel at the speed of light who knows what else it's capable of.

A Star Destroyer could probably even have cloaking abilities for all we know.

Tangible God
Lol. Perhaps, but we DO know it's capabilites as far as weaponry. And the literal destruction of a planet, much less a star is far from likely.

ThoraxeRMG
Ask the people of Aldearean, Oh they died!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.