Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
I was just thinking the other day, could Qui-gon have some dark side in him?

Perhaps the counsel wouldn't allow Jinn to train Anakin, because they knew Jinn had the dark side in him. But they knew Kenobi didn't.

When Anakin was attacking the tuskin raiders in II, Qui-gon was yelling "Anakin", but I think it was Anakin who yelled "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Could Qui-gon be behind it all? That would be a hell of a plot twist, wouldn't it?

So, let me have it. I know Ush is going to give me a thousands reasons why this theory couldn't work.

But Qui-gon did have access to the files that were erased. And the counsel didn't want Qui-gon to touch Anakin's training. A lot of signs point to Jinn being the baddie.

Count Dooku is WAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to obvious.

ToMacco
Don't get me wrong, friends. I don't think Qui-gon is a bad guy. I just think he knew Anakin would have to get close to the dark side of the force, hence becoming Darth Vader.

greedo
OBI-WAN : The boy will not pass the Council's tests, Master, and you know
it. He is far too old.
QUI-GON : Anakin will become A Jedi...I promise you.
OBI-WAN : Don't defy the Council, Master..not again.
QUI-GON : I will do what I must.
OBI-WAN : Master, you could be sitting on the Council by now if you would
just follow the code. They will not go along with you this time.
QUI-GON : You still have much to learn, my young apprentice.

is there a connection???

EMPEROR
Your fleet has lost. And your friends on the Endor moon will not survive. There is no escape, my young apprentice. The Alliance will die...as will your friends.

Luke's eyes are full of rage. Vader watches him.

What do you think ToMacco...a co-inkydink?

yerssot
To, the JC on sw.c has said that the "Anakin! Anakin! NO!" lines were ENTIRELY from QGJ, so no Anakin there...

and it's quite clear they didn't want to train Anakin because he was too old!
"No he will not be trained!"
"No?"
"He's too old"

and Yoda:
"Too old to begin the training"

It's not because QGJ is a Renegade that he has the Dark Side in him

Ushgarak
Yes, I think Dooku clearly shows what QGJ would have been like if he had been going down that path. As it is WGJ was designed as being a paragon of good guy-ness- smart, wise, deadly, charming, friendly, kind, compassionate and not even tied to the failing institution of the Republic.

But what he was, was reckless (not to mention defiant). It was that recklessness that saw him grab Anakin and insist on his training.

Now, braodly, this was of course a BRILLIANT idea; QGJ had great insight on how important this boy was.

But he didn't appreciate the dangers either and by handing the job over to Obi-Wan, who believed perhaps a little too much in QGJ, his recklessness caused a lot of trouble.

But that is the limit of his failings; the Council refuses to train Anakin because they think he is too dangerous, not because of any lack of confidence in QGJ. They wouldn;t have sent him to confront the Sith if they had doubts about him.

I wouldn't worry too much about Dooku being too obvious; SW can easily be so blatant.

master harmax
Qui Gon's the good guy, plain and simple.

BTW Ush, whose Darth Rosenberg ?

LaurenE147
I think there might be a twist somewhere in the next one. There was something unspoken and left untied there. I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Ushgarak
Well, the presented mystery is Sifo-Dyas.

That whole quote is a Buffy rerfernece, Harmax.

Corran
MMmmm Buffy.

yerssot
well, a poll at sw.c showed that most think it's sidious...

Ushgarak
It very well could be, just the full logic (not to mention point) of it all escapes me.

yerssot
"Well, the presented mystery is Sifo-Dyas."

that's why I posted it

PA_Skywalker
I think Qui-Gon Jinn had alot to do whith the clone army.
Remember when Lama Su say to Obi-Wan Kenobi that Master Sifo-Dyas was the one who order the army. Well I think Master Sifo-dyas was Qui-Gon Jinn, because OBi says he was killed ten years ago, and QGJ was killed ten year ago. He must to been using a diferent name just like Dooku is Lord Tyranus
Palpatine is Lord Sidius

So he could have erase everything from the files, nobody would have known. It is just a thought. big grin

LaurenE147
Yeah, well most people thought that Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker, so that's how much that tells you

Corran
But, but, but Darth Vader DID kill Anakin, Obi-Wan said so in ANH.

LaurenE147
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
and where did you dig up that thing lauren?

and corran is right! Vader did killed Anakin... from a certain point of view

Julie
Remember your sanity is also from a certain point of view....I happen to believe you..........

yerssot
isn't that nice of you, Julie...

*waits for LaurenE's reply about the poll*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.