Adamantium vs Vibranium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
?? which ones better..and which one can cut the other?? confused

soleran30
Well lets pretend we are in the real world with that choice I would pick vibranium more practical usessmile

Is this anti-metal vibranium?smile

braz
which kind's on Caps shield?

soleran30
Caps shield is an ore and it absorbs kinetic energy vibrations if you will while the OTHER vibranium the anti-metal resonates or vibrates so quickly it can liquify any metal even adamantium.

That said I would much prefer vibranium absorbs sounds impacts from bullets jumping from tall buildingssmile

braz
so wolvie's claws couldnt penetrate black panther's suit?

Avalonofthewind
If I remember correctly, adamantium is the result of trying to recreate vibranium. Vibranium is stronger.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
If I remember correctly, adamantium is the result of trying to recreate vibranium. Vibranium is stronger.

Cap's sheild is indestructible because it is made of both:

1. Adamantium
2. Vibranium

Adamantium is unbreakable, but supposedly it can still be melted or damaged by energy or heat.

Vibranium is not indestructible, but can not be harmed by energy or heat.

So, one can take physical punishment and one can take energy punishment.

At least that was the way it was a few years back.

I read about that liquid vibranium anti-metal. So stupid.
Yay! I'm a new writer for Marvel. Nobody gives a crap what I write, so I will just do anything I want, and rewrite whatever comes to mind!
Yay, again!

long pig
I've come to defend Cap's shield!

...sad

Cap's shield is a mixture of vibranium and an unknown alien metal, when a baddie tried to recreate Cap's shield, they made Adamantium by mistake.

Cap's shield > Vibranium & Adamantium.

Adamantium is stronger than Vibranium, nothing can harm Adamantium except molecular rearrangement. Vibranium can be broken, a Vibranium mound was shattered after it absorbed an earthquake. It can be melted and bent, too.

Antarctic Vibranium is a rare type of Vibranium that basically reforms the molecules of other metals it touches.

-bows-

Thank you.

Horrificus
Um... thank you, er, Mr., uh, ... Mr. "Pig". But, I must disagree.
As per the full, drawn out explanation below, Cap's shield is Vibranium and Adamantium, created from a process that has never been duplicated. Check it out:

Captain America's only weapon is his shield, a concave disk 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds. It is made of a unique Vibranium-Adimantium alloy that has never been duplicated. The Shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. During his experiments, MacLain combined Vibranium with an Adamantium-steel alloy he was working with and created the disc-shaped shield. MacLain was never able to duplicate the process due to his inability to identify a still unknown factor that played a role in it. The shield was awarded to Captain America by the government several months after the beginning of his career.

The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainamerica.htm

(pulls pants down and farts)

Wynndar
USAgents shield was Vibranium but one guy with an Adamantium knife cut right through it and stabbed him in the shoulder...he said it was the only thing that could cut through it.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Wynndar
USAgents shield was Vibranium but one guy with an Adamantium knife cut right through it and stabbed him in the shoulder...he said it was the only thing that could cut through it.

Thor with Odinforce was able to dent the indestructible shield. Then Thor repaired it.

Dr.Doom stole the Beyonder's power and destroyed it another time. Cap fixed it with one of the Beyonder's machines. But, it turned out that it did not get repaired properly, and it broke down due to a problem at the molecular level from the machine. Pure chance somehow had the shield get repaired during a battle with Klaw, as Klaw's power somehow effected the molecular symmetry of the shield.

And, Thanos shattered it with the IG. Then Adam Warlock fixed it.

The process used to create the shield was never reproduced. And, nobody knows exactly how it was created as it is. In truth, supposedly, it was created before the invention of adamantium.

And, it was being made with Vibranium and a "steel alloy". But the scientist making it fell asleep or something goofy like that. When he woke, he found the process worked, but never found out what the x factor was, that made it a success.

long pig
Originally posted by Horrificus
Um... thank you, er, Mr., uh, ... Mr. "Pig". But, I must disagree.
As per the full, drawn out explanation below, Cap's shield is Vibranium and Adamantium, created from a process that has never been duplicated. Check it out:

Captain America's only weapon is his shield, a concave disk 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds. It is made of a unique Vibranium-Adimantium alloy that has never been duplicated. The Shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. During his experiments, MacLain combined Vibranium with an Adamantium-steel alloy he was working with and created the disc-shaped shield. MacLain was never able to duplicate the process due to his inability to identify a still unknown factor that played a role in it. The shield was awarded to Captain America by the government several months after the beginning of his career.

The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainamerica.htm

(pulls pants down and farts)
No. no ol' bean.

Cap's shield has zero Adamantium in it. It's a widely known fact that Marvel's handbook actually got it wrong when they dealt with this subject. The Hanbook is proven wrong over and over in the comics.

And that site is directly from that flawed Handbook.

Google search the story, it's true.

Horrificus
Originally posted by long pig
No. no ol' bean.

Cap's shield has zero Adamantium in it. It's a widely known fact that Marvel's handbook actually got it wrong when they dealt with this subject. The Hanbook is proven wrong over and over in the comics.

And that site is directly from that flawed Handbook.

Google search the story, it's true.

Yup, you are right. I changed the story right before you just replied.

No adamantium. Just a sleepy scientist, some vibranium, a "steel alloy" and a mystery of what happened while he was asleep.

At least that is what I read.

Wynndar
Thor with Odinforce was able to dent the indestructible shield. Then Thor repaired it.

Dr.Doom stole the Beyonder's power and destroyed it another time. Cap fixed it with one of the Beyonder's machines. But, it turned out that it did not get repaired properly, and it broke down due to a problem at the molecular level from the machine. Pure chance somehow had the shield get repaired during a battle with Klaw, as Klaw's power somehow effected the molecular symmetry of the shield.

And, Thanos shattered it with the IG. Then Adam Warlock fixed it.

The process used to create the shield was never reproduced. And, nobody knows exactly how it was created as it is. In truth, supposedly, it was created before the invention of adamantium.

And, it was being made with Vibranium and a "steel alloy". But the scientist making it fell asleep or something goofy like that. When he woke, he found the process worked, but never found out what the x factor was, that made it a success.

I know...I was just making a reference to the fact that vibranium can be cut by adamantium...I wasnt talking about Cap's shield I was talking about USAgent who has a very inferior shield. This forum is titled Vibranium vs Adamantium, so I thought I would use an example of pure Adamantium vs pure Vibranium.

Horrificus
What is that one storyline about, that talks of a vibranium "anti-metal"?
What is that about?

grey fox
What is that one storyline about, that talks of a vibranium "anti-metal"?
What is that about?

It was an Agent Zero arc where some high up government group equipped AZ to take out Wolverine , they gave him a single Anti-Metal bullet (which is vibranium which instead of 'absorbing' vibrations gives off 'vibrations') The bullet should have melted the adamantium within wolverines skeleton.

Mildor

psycho gundam
^ not what the thread really asked.

"better" is subjective. we have two types of vibranium: wakandan; which absorbs vibrations, and antarctic; which emits metal corroding wavelengths, adamantium is prey to it also. iirc all vibranium is spoken for on earth and getting it is really annoying, but the effects they have are pretty uber.

adamanitum is just hard AF after it sets, that's all it's really good for.
alicia masters cut the statue of the hulk with a vibranium sculpturing tool, so the application superiority is already sort of visible, however adamantium cuts just about anything too so it's just a slightly longer list of things vibranium can cut.

abhilegend
^Hank pym beat ultron using anti-metal IIRC.

Entity
Adamantium may be superior in overall strength n durability but I'd still rather have Vibranium simply due to its absorption of vibrations including kinetic and momentum. Thereby negating the resistance of impact and blunt force backlash.

Its why bullets just drop to the ground when they hit Black Panther without knocking him back and why he can withstand a punch from the hulk by using the soles of his boots. The vibranium in his costume, much thicker n solid in the soles of his boots, absorbs all the kinetic energy of any impacts to it.

That should also make cutting threw things much easier since it could completely negate resistance of impact during cutting.

Where as Adamantium might be stronger n able to handle much harder task over all its not going to make them as simple as the Vibranium is via the vibration absorption.

Hulkbuster1
meh against magneto they mean nothing even hulk shred wolverine in half=breaking his admantium spine.

Entity
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
meh against magneto they mean nothing even hulk shred wolverine in half=breaking his admantium spine. Don't have to break adamantium to break his spine. It's not one solid bone ya know?

Jus sayin. stick out tongue

MARVEListheBEST
in one comic book Wolverine tried to cut though Cap's shield and it didnt work, another time Hulk punched Black Panther, and it absorbed the shock from the punch and didnt do anything to him, he didnt even flinch. secondly is were talking about Cap's shield vs. Wolverine's claw, Cap's shield still takes it, contrary to belief vibranium can be broken, Cap's shield has been broken before, but he took it to an Asgardian blacksmith, who not only was able to recreated it, he infused it with Asgardian magic, like Thor's hammer has, making it indestructible, and therefore making his shield one of the most powerful things in the universe

in conclusion:
any and all forms of Vibranium is better then Adamantium

StiltmanFTW
No, just no.

Cap's shield is far more than just vibranium, it's a mix. What mix it is exactly, depends on the writer; either experimental iron alloy and vibranium or adamantium/proto-adamantium and vibranium + unknown catalyst or whatever.

StiltmanFTW
It has uru now, too.

MF DELPH
If I was making a weapon I'd use adamantium.

If I was making an armor or shield I'd use vibranium (for it's impact dampening properties).

Adamantium has a greater tensile strength. Vibranium has better sound/energy/impact dampening properties, and iirc, it's properties also allow T'Challa to run up walls.

DarkSaint85
How about a weapon made from Antarctic Vibranium?

Branlor Swift
That'd be beneficial if you could keep the effects within a foot or two

Otherwise the moment you walk into a building the thing would start dissipating everything and you'd die to death

MF DELPH
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How about a weapon made from Antarctic Vibranium?

It'd have to be a small weapon (like a bullet for a specially made non metallic gun). The more anti-metal you have the more you have to worry about other metal objects in it's vicinity losing their molecular cohesion and collapsing (as Bran mentioned). You'd want to stay away from cars, bridges, planes, etc. without the proper containment.

maxivitopowe
Why hasn't anti-v been used on wolverine?

Branlor Swift
Because Wolverine isn't 2012 Thor

maxivitopowe
Huh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.