Martian Manhunter vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
who wins this battle of the jobbers??
Apocalypse is highly resistant to telepathy due to Celestial technology, and is as strong as the hulk at various stages with increasable strength.
He can phase, and increase his durability and has molecular control. He can fire powerful energy blasts. He has countersuperspeed too, i believe.
He even has the technoorganic virus. And can't be killed, due to being a manifestation of some ideology. Immensely powerful. But he's a jobber.

MM has a myriad of powers, and is a formidable match for superman. He can phase, has Martian Vision and superspeed, as well as powerful telepathy. He can also shapeshift and absorb elements to increase his mass. He can even change the shape of his brain to his advantage. With his varied abilities, he is extremely powerful. But he's a chronic jobber.

With these abilities, these two beings should be top on their respective planets. But they aren't, because they job hard.
Who wins this battle?

Crease
No prep, MM strength and speed would be too much for Apoc. With prep Apoc wins...unless he decides to job of course. It's actually sad, Apoc's got a better chance of winning this with DC writers.

leonidas
i agree. non-jobbing mm is an uber-beast. he should win the majority. good fight.

UniOmni
None jobbing Apoc is an uber beast of an ungodly level. Strengthwise, Apoc can reach a high level and hold it for much longer than MM. Telepathy will be near useless due to the celestial tech. Durability is on Apocs side, seeing as how he can be as malleable as water and nullify damage or possibly hard as vibranium and soak the damage. The only clearcut advantage for MM is the speed. And once he tries to go to Superman+ level strength and then loses energy, Apoc can grind him. Or make him his most powerful horseman yet.

Note** I was looking at some Pictures from the MM series in the 90's and he was in Japan fighting a robot. He took some metal into his mass and used it to grow to a huge size in armor. He then fought the robot, and the Japanese were calling him the Jade Giant from some kinda movie or show. It was a harmless stereotype, and was really funny. I know Apoc can increase his size as well. It'd be crazy to see these two giants fighting in space.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Crease
No prep, MM strength and speed would be too much for Apoc. With prep Apoc wins...unless he decides to job of course. It's actually sad, Apoc's got a better chance of winning this with DC writers.

True and sad about Apocalypse having a better chance with DC writers. Apocalypse should rank much higher than most of the characters that defeat him, but for some reason he is used mostly as a plot device.
As in:
1) A 'great' threat arises in the form of Apocalypse.
2) Everyone is in great dread at the coming of Apocalypse.
3) The battle finally arrives.
4) Apocalypse jobs big time!

He is written as if he belongs in the WWE when he is (or should be when written well) a very powerful mutant (lol ....a line he is written as using a lot is when he says that he is 'as far beyond mutants as mutants are beyond humans.' And then he gets his behind handed to him).

With that said though Martian Manhunter wins.

CaptainStoic
But Jonn has terrible staying power, if he doesn't take it to Apokolypse from the door, he'll revert to class 20 in under ten minutes, Apokolypse isn't defenseless, what happens that if MM charges him, he doesn't pull the same stunt that he did with The Hulk when he turned him into War? This fight could go the distance.

spetznaz
Originally posted by UniOmni
None jobbing Apoc is an uber beast of an ungodly level. Strengthwise, Apoc can reach a high level and hold it for much longer than MM. Telepathy will be near useless due to the celestial tech. Durability is on Apocs side, seeing as how he can be as malleable as water and nullify damage or possibly hard as vibranium and soak the damage. The only clearcut advantage for MM is the speed. And once he tries to go to Superman+ level strength and then loses energy, Apoc can grind him. Or make him his most powerful horseman yet.

Apoc can be as malleable as water, but also remember that Martian Manhunter is the second (or third, if you include Plastic Man's future son) best shapeshifter in the JLA after Plastic Man. He can be as malleable as water.
More importantly he has the ability to phase shift, making it unnecessary to even use his shapeshifting. Being malleable as water is one thing .....being as pervious as air is another.

UniOmni
But can he maintain it tho?? Jonn has uber abilities, but his stamina is lacking blatantly. And Apoc can phase as well, i believe. Thats why i thought this would be a good fight.

CaptainStoic
Apokolypse just seems like he could grab Jonn, and implant him with one of his, devices, he is after all from ancient Egypt, which has given him many years of combat experience as well as improving his inteligence, this fight is too close for me to call, but I suspect if it went the distance, MM will more than likely become one of the New Horsemen.

TheKahn
The fight starts:

- Martian Manhunter goes intangible
- Apocalypse frantically starts to scan the battle field searching for him
- A fraction of a second later a hand materializes in Apocalypse's brain

MM wins.

UniOmni
Apoc can phase too i believe, correct me if wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.