Sandman vs. venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
Fight takes place in the city.

inamilist
didn't venom beat sandman by just biting him?

Darth Kal-El
Sandman crushes him. Venom's not as smart as Spider-man.

Black Adam
Originally posted by inamilist
didn't venom beat sandman by just biting him?

Really? wtf....

NoFate007
Venom's got this.

Darth Kal-El
how exactly?

inamilist
Originally posted by Black Adam
Really? wtf....

i dont know for sure

im sure ive seen people mention this before but maybe im hallucinating....

it does sound really far fetched

carnageandvenom
venom would kill sandman and yes in one of the comics he does i read it on a website

Comicbook_kid
Hey guys...just wanted to comment on the issue where Venom fought Sandman...and yes, it's true. Venom did beat the Sandman just by biting him. It happened in "Peter Parker : Spider-man" Volume #2, Issue #16. Venom was fighting Spider-man and suddenly Sandman shows up wanting to kill Venom and wanting Spidey to help him take down Venom...well, before Sandman knows what's happening, Venom takes A CHUNK (not a bite, A CHUNK) out of him...and Sandman suddenly starts dissolving; screaming "Oh my God, what did you do to me??"...Venom calmly replies "....right now, swallowing!!!" So, as it turns out, Venom ain't called "Venom" for nuthin'.....

Venom is one bad-ass mutha...don't #%$@ with Venom!!!!!!!!

spideycarnage
venom killed sandman literally..wait i just realized that them both are gonna be in the movie eek!

Black Adam
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Hey guys...just wanted to comment on the issue where Venom fought Sandman...and yes, it's true. Venom did beat the Sandman just by biting him. It happened in Peter Parker : Spider-man Volume #2, Issue #16. Venom was fighting Spider-man and suddently Sandman shows up wanting to kill Venom and wanting Spidey to help him take down Venom...well, before Sandman knows what's happening, Venom takes A CHUNK (not a bite, A CHUNK) out of him...and Sandman suddenly starts dissolving; screaming "Oh my God, what did you do to me??"...Venom calmly replies "....right now, swallowing!!!"

Venom is one bad-ass mutha...don't #%$@ with Venom!!!!!!!!

?????

How does that effect him? It's not like he's never lost parts of his sand before.

Jvenom
Also lets not forget that Sandman came looking for Spiderman because he did not think he could take Venom on his own. Isn't that what Sandman said to Spiderman?

spideycarnage
?????

How does that effect him? It's not like he's never lost parts of his sand before.

some people say that Venom has actual venom in his saliva, makes sense cause its usually white or green..i don't buy it..i guess its up in the clouds.

Comicbook_kid
I think so, I have the issue...but it's been a while since I read it. I'm going to go and re-read that issue. Venom's bite hurt Sandman NOT because he took a bite out of him, but because when he bit him, he released a toxin in his body thru his bite that was able to dissolve Sandman's body...I believe Venom is able to release a poison thru his bite that is lethal to most people...I am going to re-read that issue and make sure that is correct though...Just to make sure.

Black Adam
Originally posted by spideycarnage
some people say that Venom has actual venom in his saliva, makes sense cause its usually white or green..i don't buy it..i guess its up in the clouds.

Does sandman even have blood or something else in his body that would help the poison spread?

I alway though he was just pure sand. I really can't see how you can poison sand

spideycarnage
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
I think so, I have the issue...but it's been a while since I read it. I'm going to go and re-read that issue. Venom's bite hurt Sandman NOT because he took a bite out of him, but because when he bit him, he released a toxin in his body thru his bite that was able to dissolve Sandman's body...I believe Venom is able to release a poison thru his bite that is lethal to most people...I am going to re-read that issue and make sure that is correct though...Just to make sure.

thats up in the air, if its true about the whole toxin theory, thats probably the only time that he has done it... i cant picture the symbiots realising toxin into a victim. but then again spiders do have venom secreting out of their fangs.

Swanky-Tuna
Isn't that also something he only did once?

Mider
what the hell did they do to venom i dont get it suddenly he's so strong that he's a walking tank?

Marcus4600
He's always been a big dose of hard-to-kill. Iron Man's repulsor rays couldn't even hurt him. Whe people say only Fire and Sonics can hurt him, they mean ONLY FIRE AND SONICS CAN HURT HIM! He's even taken white phosphorus grenades and shrapnel before and stayed standing.

grey fox
Originally posted by Marcus4600
He's always been a big dose of hard-to-kill. Iron Man's repulsor rays couldn't even hurt him. Whe people say only Fire and Sonics can hurt him, they mean ONLY FIRE AND SONICS CAN HURT HIM! He's even taken white phosphorus grenades and shrapnel before and stayed standing.

I believe fire isn't that much of a problem to him now since he hopped over a big-ass raging inferno.

But even i thought that Venom taking out Sandman with a bite was a bit far fetched....

Kontraz
Originally posted by spideycarnage
thats up in the air, if its true about the whole toxin theory, thats probably the only time that he has done it... i cant picture the symbiots realising toxin into a victim. but then again spiders do have venom secreting out of their fangs.

thats the only time he's poisoned somebody THAT way, but i've seen him release toxic fumes from the skin of his suit that knock people out and sometimes put them in comas, so its not so far fetched for him to have the same toxin in liquid form oozing from his mouth

VENOMS_SPAWN
well what ever he did, what can sandman do to him?
sandman just will not able to put venom down for the count............... venom wins this one.

grey fox
Originally posted by VENOMS_SPAWN
well what ever he did, what can sandman do to him?
sandman just will not able to put venom down for the count............... venom wins this one.

Hit him with the force of a dump truck.....

VENOMS_SPAWN
he has taken more then that, besides venom is too quick.

Black Adam
Originally posted by grey fox
Hit him with the force of a dump truck.....

A dump truck weights 90 tons?

grey fox
Originally posted by VENOMS_SPAWN
he has taken more then that, besides venom is too quick.

Not really , he's living sand , he can simply reform his body backwards to meet venom on every movement. Venom's punches should go through him easily enough and then WHAM . Giant sand-fist to the face.

grey fox
A dump truck weights 90 tons?

Really ?

Black Adam
Really ?

i was asking.

I always heard sandman was in the 90 ton range.

grey fox
confused Not sure , it was just the first heavy thing to come to mind...

Black Adam
confused Not sure , it was just the first heavy thing to come to mind...

i see.

How about the hitting venom with the force of one m1 abrams battle tank plus 20 tons more? smile

there around 70 tons right?

grey fox
thumb up

Black Adam
thumb up

smile

grey fox
yes

Sparkz
Venom beat sandman by taking a chunk out of him, there were 2 reasons why sandman "died" (he is currently a beach) The first is Venom poisened him which is far fetched, because how can you poison sand, and why hasnt he done it before, second sanman couldnt retain his form without all his sand mass, which is what I think was explained in a later comic, I will have to check, but I think Sandy needs all of his body mass to keep his body intact, which is a crappy weakness, all you'd need is a kid and a bucket and spade to beat sandman.

Mider
well it would have worked better if he just spit venom at him and then the venom itself disolved to much of him for him to live

grey fox
Originally posted by Mider
well it would have worked better if he just spit venom at him and then the venom itself disolved to much of him for him to live

Nope , that would suck mider and you know it.

Originally posted by Sparkz
Venom beat sandman by taking a chunk out of him, there were 2 reasons why sandman "died" (he is currently a beach) The first is Venom poisened him which is far fetched, because how can you poison sand, and why hasnt he done it before, second sanman couldnt retain his form without all his sand mass, which is what I think was explained in a later comic, I will have to check, but I think Sandy needs all of his body mass to keep his body intact, which is a crappy weakness, all you'd need is a kid and a bucket and spade to beat sandman.

I dont think so , since he can absorb more sand to increase his mass....

Sparkz
Here we go I found the scan that explains why sandy is dieing

Black Adam
Here we go I found the scan that explains why sandy is dieing

So is that the only time he has ever lost part of his mass before?

has it ever happened before in all his other comic appearances?

Sparkz

Not a clue, but I suppose if venom hadnt swallowed the sand it would be allright cause he could get the sand back if not then well...

grey fox

Yeah , when he was in the frightful four he left craploads of himself behind , or parts were turned to glass.

Kontraz
maybe he just has to have a certain amount left. like, he can keep building upon himself infinately, increasing his size. But he can only lose enough that he goes back to what would be considered his "standard size", and to lose any more would be fatal.

Sparkz
Or maybe he needs to retain a certain amount of sand of when he first turned into the sandman

Kontraz
thats what i meant by "standard size"

Black Adam
Or maybe he needs to retain a certain amount of sand of when he first turned into the sandman

But from how grey fox was describing it it seems like he lost a lot more of his original sand then what venom bit off him.

never read so I can't be sure what really happened

grey fox
But from how grey fox was describing it it seems like he lost a lot more of his original sand then what venom bit off him.

never read so I can't be sure what really happened

I read the black and white re-prints of the frightful four issues and he was literally leaving a large amounts of sand behind.

Sparkz
I read the black and white re-prints of the frightful four issues and he was literally leaving a large amounts of sand behind.

Well the only explanation I can think of is that because the sand wasnt cut off from him he regained it later...its about the only explanation (well except for that phrase known as plot hole)

grey fox
Well the only explanation I can think of is that because the sand wasnt cut off from him he regained it later...its about the only explanation (well except for that phrase known as plot hole)

Maybe all of that sand fell through a plot-hole and back into SM.

Sparkz
Maybe all of that sand fell through a plot-hole and back into SM.

But think of all thos kids on the beach hes making happy now because of that plothole ahhh he's all heart (although I think he still shuda stayed reformed)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.