Inside Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Anybody else seeing this movie this weekend? Looks like it could be really good. Its a Spike Lee Joint although it doesn't look like his normal type of movie. Looks to have great actors too.

SnakeEyes
I really want to see it, but I think I'm going to choose to see V for Vendetta instead. wink

T.M
looks good I will be watching soon hopefully.

MildPossession
It looks like a rental for me, even with Jodie Foster in.

Solo
I might see it next week when I go to a viewing of Brick.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Just got back from watching it...

It's very watchable, but it seems a bit of a mess. There are some very funny moments (the first scene between Jodie Foster's character and the mayor is hilarious), but there's surprisingly little tension. It's definitely not the movie that the trailer portrays it to be.

production469
I'd like to see it...I'm a big Spike Lee fan.

Myth
Saw this today. Very good. Pretty predictable at times but there was a few things I didn't expect. Filmed well, and I liked the music.

lilbizlaykray
I saw this movie and it was really good. Although I was confused at times. Can anyone write an overview on this movie?

Myth
What part confused you?

Here's the gist:
Clive Owen knows he can get away with the robbery, but only feels justified in doing so because the owner got rich off cutting illegal deals with Nazis back in the day. He made himself a place to live behind one of the walls in the bank. The hole they dug was to make sure he could have a working toilet (I believe). By using fake guns, not killing anybody, and not stealing anything (except the diamonds which were off record), the cops could drop the case without too much worry. The ring was recovered from some concentration camp and was more evidence that the owner of the bank dealed with the Nazis. Finally, the diamond in Denzel's pocket was given to him so he could get a ring for his fiance.

Hope that helped. If not, tell me what part but show it using spoiler tags.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Here's something:

The whole thing fell apart thanks to that stupid, secret room.

Jen-R
Did Clive do well?

Cinemaddiction
Too much humor, too many of Spike Lee's racist bullshit/black empowerment, too many characters, and too long of a movie.

Myth
Come on, you had to have liked the middle eastern guy.

Makedde
I saw this movie yesterday and loved it! Jodie looked great, and the ending I didn't expect! The movie was brilliant, I'd see it again! smile

Wolfie
I rather enjoyed this. The racist stuff was a little much but it didn't keep me from liking it. I think it would've been better if they ended it earlier, with Clive Owen's ending monologue.

botankus
Originally posted by Wolfie
I rather enjoyed this. The racist stuff was a little much but it didn't keep me from liking it. I think it would've been better if they ended it earlier, with Clive Owen's ending monologue.

Haven't seen it, been meaning to.

It looks great. About the racist stuff, it's a Spike Lee movie so you just have to expect to put up with at least 20% of the movie to be related to racist, bigoted bullsh*t. Aside from that hip trend that's becoming old really quick, Jodie Foster is usually very picky about her roles, so I have a feeling that the movie itself is very good.

Solo
Originally posted by botankus
Jodie Foster is usually very picky about her roles
Flightplan?

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Myth
What part confused you?

Here's the gist:
Clive Owen knows he can get away with the robbery, but only feels justified in doing so because the owner got rich off cutting illegal deals with Nazis back in the day. He made himself a place to live behind one of the walls in the bank. The hole they dug was to make sure he could have a working toilet (I believe). By using fake guns, not killing anybody, and not stealing anything (except the diamonds which were off record), the cops could drop the case without too much worry. The ring was recovered from some concentration camp and was more evidence that the owner of the bank dealed with the Nazis. Finally, the diamond in Denzel's pocket was given to him so he could get a ring for his fiance.

Hope that helped. If not, tell me what part but show it using spoiler tags.

I saw it, and loved it. I was confused, but now, thanks to you Myth, I am not.

fruits
i just saw it and it was great! loved it! genius if u ask me

Nevermind
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Just got back from watching it...

It's very watchable, but it seems a bit of a mess. There are some very funny moments (the first scene between Jodie Foster's character and the mayor is hilarious), but there's surprisingly little tension. It's definitely not the movie that the trailer portrays it to be.

I pretty much agree.

Solo
Just saw it, thought it was great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.