4 Questions about Religon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Super Kal El
Was it invented to keep the masses from looting and plundering generally being out of control? Was it just a big scam? did we evolve from monkeys or was there really an adam and eve and if we are from monkeys are Asian people more evolved then us hairy bigger people?(random put is interesting)? and finally how many people in the world believe in a god of some sorts as a percentage, is there any type of scale or indicator? thx and apologies for topics that have been most likely covered Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
I am being serious about this questions though wink

Eagerly awaiting to be flamed smokin'

Storm
According to a poll done by Harris Interactive in December 2005, the number of those who believe in the existence of God is down to just 82% (94% in the August 2000 poll also done by Harris). Eight percent definitely don' t believe in any gods and 10% aren' t sure.
This are figures for America solely.

Super Kal El
So in 5 years could the mass disasters of destruction shaken some believers? 911,Tsnumai, Earthquake, Hurricane Katrina, Bird Flu (Still Pending), Sars, War, and general pain and suffering and starving people, why would God allow these things unless he has forgot us for the moment or believes we brought this upon ourselves (maybe we have) , I'm tired of people saying he works in mysterious ways! - Regardless interesting statistics

debbiejo
Originally posted by Super Kal El
So in 5 years could the mass disasters of destruction shaken some believers? 911,Tsnumai, Earthquake, Hurricane Katrina, Bird Flu (Still Pending), Sars, War, and general pain and suffering and starving people, That's why they're saying we're living in the "End Days." roll eyes (sarcastic)

O Green World
believes we brought this upon ourselves (maybe we have)

Maybe you have? OFCOURSE you have! Why else would he let it happen? It's what many christians call sin...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by O Green World
Maybe you have? OFCOURSE you have! Why else would he let it happen? It's what many christians call sin...

Many? not all? eek! laughing

soleran30
Was it invented to keep the masses from looting and plundering generally being out of control? Was it just a big scam? did we evolve from monkeys or was there really an adam and eve and if we are from monkeys are Asian people more evolved then us hairy bigger people?(random put is interesting)? and finally how many people in the world believe in a god of some sorts as a percentage, is there any type of scale or indicator? thx and apologies for topics that have been most likely covered Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Eagerly awaiting to be flamed smokin'

Yea know what, way back when religion first came around it was to help identify the unknown (strangely enough its still used in that fashion today.)

As it evolved it also served to give man hope, hope that there is something greater then the suffering they experienced everyday ie poverty, hunger etc. Fear that if they don't live under certain rules the punishment they would receive would be far worse in death. etc etc I believe you could write a dissertation on this but my favorite piece is

God as described by man is supposedly omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent...............do the math see if it equals the sum of its parts cuz your free will allows you to do this, which by the way God already knows what your conclusion will be before you do because of the trio 3 I just postedsmile

Gregory
I'd say religion was "invented," if you want to use that word, to explain the unexplained, as soleran says. After that, who knows. Not me, at least. Even unto the time of Christ, I believe that there was large Jewish sects that didn't believe in any sort of afterlife, and a lot of pagan Greeks didn't really believe in heaven or hell, so saying that it evolved to give us hope is certainly not universally true, but I suppose that's part of it. A

It would be more proper to say that humans and monkeys evolved from a common ancestor, but, yes. It's not proper to say, however, that Asian people are "more evolved," as if evolution is some straight arrow that starts with the apes, goes through the hairy people of the world, and lands on the Asians. Each race evolved to fit its environment.

xyz revolution

Eagerly awaiting to be flamed smokin' some more questions

5. If God existed, why do so many people go against it? Do you honestly believe we're all the same?

6. If god invented us all in a great master plan, and is monitering our every move, why are we all classed as "evil" as it is written in the holy bible?

7. What do you define as god?

I define god, or allah, as the origin of how things happen. Therefore, science is god.

apoc001
I hate to say it, man, but all these questions can only be answered by you. We can tell you what we think, but it's up to you to choose what you believe.

Evil Dead
not so much "out of control".......more "under control". Even if civilization were Utopian with none of what you mentioned, religion would have still been created in attempt to control others........much like telling a Retarded kid the boogie man will eat him if he doesn't do what you say.

was, is and always will be.

did we evolve from monkeys or was there really an adam and eve and if we are from monkeys are Asian people more evolved then us hairy bigger people?(random put is interesting)?

no sir. Monkeys evolved from completely different primates.......who evolved from other primates........who evolved from other primates........we merely share a common primate ancestors many, many, many, many branches down on the evolutionary tree.

There are no differences in races of human. The homo-sapien had already fully evolved before venturing out and encompassing the globe. The differences in "races" today is merely do to different groups of humans living in different environments and adapting to them and/or imbreeding early on resulting in all future offspring sharing the same genetic traits as the all share the same basic genetic make up as their imbred ancestor.

This would be like comparing the snow leopard to the leopard. The only differences are in coat and coloring......as the snow leapord adapted to it's specific environment, which required further insulation in a colder climate and lighter coloring as camoflauge.

too many.

debbiejo
I will never admit I ever came from a monkey............I'm sorry, but I just won't..............There must be some other way...........They're just soooo disgusting................ sick

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
I will never admit I ever came from a monkey............I'm sorry, but I just won't..............There must be some other way...........They're just soooo disgusting................ sick

Yes and I will never ever admit that I have dark hair...dark hair is just soo disgusting sick ...no wait, it's just a fact...many people have dark hair, not all as it is with the monkeys, but many anyways...cool.

debbiejo
It's not a true fact, just a theory.......and there are other theories as well, just not widely known of or accepted..........Besides brown hair is just soooooooo cool, actually chestnut.

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's not a true fact, just a theory.......and there are other theories as well, just not widely known of or accepted..........Besides brown hair is just soooooooo cool, actually chestnut.

It being a theory doesn't mean that it can't also be a fact....and if it is true (and at this point I am assuming it is) it is a fact....besides, brown hair is also just a theory...if you want to go skeptic, why not go all the way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.