Scarlet Witch, universal Vs global

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GalacticStorm
Just got hold of the latest All New Official Handbook.

Theres NO mention in Dormammus bio of him being taken over by Scarlet Witch and used to battle Dr Strange as we saw in Avengers:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8211124689.jpg&s=x10

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8210592979.jpg&s=x10

As some of the Avengers said about the Kree Army Wanda could have just created him along with many other things out of thin air.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8211051841.jpg&s=x10

This all begs the question just how far did Wandas reality warp reach? Was it just a global alteration as Roma stated?

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8211192045.jpg&s=x10

If Wanda can just create a life-like Dormammu construct and possibly a Kree Army (in Disassembled) then its perfectly reasonable to believe Roma. Her statement also happens to be the only on panel reference to the scale of Wandas reality warp.

The presence of the Kree Army in House of M was the only thing supporters of the universal range notion had to support their argument, a notion supported by the assumed capture and use of Dormammu which they said illustrated her ability to affect other realms and therefore her range. Now that we know she just created a construct out of thin air and given Romas comments it seems likely that the Kree Army we saw on Earth in House of M were also constructs and that Wanda did indeed only warp the Earth.

Juntai
That's so messed up, lol.
House of M was a convoluted mess.

thesilverspider
HMmmmm..............

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
That's so messed up, lol.
House of M was a convoluted mess.

It was nothing compared to what we've had from Infinite Crisis so far or even what we got with Identity Crisis. sad

The follow on titles are really good tho (Son of M, Deadly Genesis)

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
It was nothing compared to what we've had from Infinite Crisis so far or even what we got with Identity Crisis. sad

The follow on titles are really good tho (Son of M, Deadly Genesis) What was the convoluted mess in Identity Crisis? That was pretty straightforward mystery.. There was no random unexplained constructs of other races or characters, or any confusion as to what took place.

Infinite Crisis, I can give you that, but it's only messy if you haven't read a lot of DC. People who know most of post-crisis history are in understanding of most of what's going on -to this point-, as it still has yet to unfold.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
What was the convoluted mess in Identity Crisis? That was pretty straightforward mystery.. There was no random unexplained constructs of other races or characters, or any confusion as to what took place.

Infinite Crisis, I can give you that, but it's only messy if you haven't read a lot of DC. People who know most of post-crisis history are in understanding of most of what's going on -to this point-, as it still has yet to unfold.

You've got me wrong. Its nothing compared to those minis i.e they were much better. wink

GalacticStorm
Any other thoughts? wink

grey fox
Meh from what i understand House Of M was pretty sucky , although i do like the look of Son of M and the various mutant related after effects ( i hate mutants being so over crowded , culling them down really helped)

Marcus4600
I can definately concur with the prior statement of Identity Crisis. Justice League bested by a peak human with some enhancements. no

It definately speaks well of Wanda's abilities if she can make a construct that duplicates the powers of Dormammu. Pretty crazy stuff. To be honest, I thought House of M had a few great points to it, but there were some messy points as well. I still wonder if Genis Vell should have been able to see through the constructs, of if Wanda was powerful enough to block his cosmic awareness.

DigiMark007
In one of the other "M" arcs (I want to say "House of M: Mutopia X" or something similar), the world between realities (I forget the name) that Captain Britain is in charge of is affected by her power, and they say that she caused something that could cause the multiverse to collapse in on itself. One of the Celestials was ready to destroy universe 616 before everything got worked out to save the other universes.

By that estimation, she's multiversal in her power, not just global or universal.

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007
In one of the other "M" arcs (I want to say "House of M: Mutopia X" or something similar), the world between realities (I forget the name) that Captain Britain is in charge of is affected by her power, and they say that she caused something that could cause the multiverse to collapse in on itself. One of the Celestials was ready to destroy universe 616 before everything got worked out to save the other universes.

By that estimation, she's multiversal in her power, not just global or universal.

WHOA , multiversal .....damn that like...damn thats a crap load of power in the hands of someone mentally unstable. I think Wolverine was on the right path about killing little miss maximoff....

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Sparking off something as a side effect of reality manipulation doesnt equate Scarlet Witch to a multiversal power. The chaos wave wasnt shown or stated anywhere to be generated or maintained by Scarlet Witch. Its something she set off through her tamperings. She accidentally ripped a hole in the branes between worlds which sparked off the chaos wave which went on to affect Otherworld and potentially could have collapsed the multiverse if allowed to run rampant. Legion nearly achieved the same thing by causing a tear in reality through his time/space manipulations back in Legion Quest. The problem with the Chaos wave was later solved merely by closing the tear in reality.

Sparking something is different to creating and maintaining something.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Sparking off something as a side effect of reality manipulation doesnt equate Scarlet Witch to a multiversal power. The chaos wave wasnt shown or stated anywhere to be generated or maintained by Scarlet Witch. Its something she set off through her tamperings. She accidentally ripped a hole in the branes between worlds which sparked off the chaos wave which went on to affect Otherworld and potentially could have collapsed the multiverse if allowed to run rampant. Legion nearly achieved the same thing by causing a tear in reality through his time/space manipulations back in Legion Quest. The problem with the Chaos wave was later solved merely my closing the tear in reality.

Sparking something is different to creating and maintaining something.

smile Fair enough. I was just bringing it up for discussion. Cosmic hoo-doo is far from my realm of expertise. wink

GalacticStorm
So until we get her bio in about 6 months theres nothing on panel to tell us that the Scarlet Witch did anything but warp Earth 616 as Roma suggests with her reference to a "global alteration"

As she stated, this global scale reality manipulation tore a breach in the branes between realities sparking off the oft referred to "chaos wave". Theres nothing which states Wanda generated it, as opposed to setting it off by warping reality and inadvertently tearing causality as a side effect. Thus while Wanda unwittingly was responsible for it she never generated it. Her actions were the catalyst that sparked it off.

leonidas
you got tired of waiting for demi to finally show, didn't you . . .?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonidas
you got tired of waiting for demi to finally show, didn't you . . .?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Uh-huh. big grin

GalacticStorm
Its added to my faves anyway. wink

Crimson Phoenix

Marcus4600
Originally posted by grey fox
WHOA , multiversal .....damn that like...damn thats a crap load of power in the hands of someone mentally unstable. I think Wolverine was on the right path about killing little miss maximoff....

I think that once she finds out her kids might be alive, then things may change. I have a feeling her and Wondy may have actually had children. In all honesty, she was driven mad by postpartum depression. I kinda felt sorry for her.

GalacticStorm

GODSCRIBE
GS, what program do you use to download comics?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
GS, what program do you use to download comics?

Download comics? Id never dream of such a thing. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.