JLA vs. Team 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
JLA:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash
Martian Manhunter
Plastic Man
Hawk Man

Team 2:
Thor
Captain America
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Emma Frost
Mr. Fantastic
Angel
Iron Man

Each team gets one week of prep. time. Who wins?

Tulika
Thor, Hulk and Silver Surfer could definetly take this one alone. No chance in HELL the Justice League's taking this.

batdude123
^ no

TheKahn
Originally posted by batdude123

Each team gets one week of prep. time. Who wins?

Are there any limits on how they use their prep time? I mean can they just use to plan or can they use the week to power themselves up and/or gather weapons?

Tulika
As you haven't mentioned otherwise, King Thor is easily enough to take on over half the team, and Silver Surfer can eradicate the rest. The Hulk is a back-up for beating some left-overs. Even if the JLA had a sucker's luck and took out KT and SS, they'd have only a couple of men standing, just enough to give Emma Frost and Iron Man a few minutes of play time.

batdude123
Originally posted by Tulika
As you haven't mentioned otherwise, King Thor is easily enough to take on over half the team, and Silver Surfer can eradicate the rest. The Hulk is a back-up for beating some left-overs. Even if the JLA had a sucker's luck and took out KT and SS, they'd have only a couple of men standing, just enough to give Emma Frost and Iron Man a few minutes of play time.

I never said anything about King Thor. I said plain regular old Thor.

AJ4LIFE
Originally posted by batdude123
^ no

yes

batdude123
Originally posted by TheKahn
Are there any limits on how they use their prep time? I mean can they just use to plan or can they use the week to power themselves up and/or gather weapons?

The smart ones of the team do the planning, and the Powerful ones power themselves up. Seem fair? Good. :evil face:

batdude123
^ * evil face

Tulika
Then you need to be more specific. All characters are the current versions if not stated otherwise.

If Thor is Classic, they'll be facing more trouble. I'll still give this to the Marvel group, but not easily.

batdude123
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
yes

no

batdude123
The fight could really go either way. I could picture either side winning especially with preperation time.

TheKahn
I'm leaning towards the JLA. I think they could make better use of their prep time. Superman goes sundipping for a week, Wonder Woman gets the god-wave powered up, and the Flash grants every member of the JLA with even greater super speed (not to mention slow down the other team once the fight starts).

The Marvel team only has 3 flyers that could actually make a difference (Thor, Surfer, Iron Man). That leaves the rest of their team on the ground and therefore practically useless. And most of their team could either easily be killed or K.O.'ed by the Flash or mind-raped by MM (I don't think Emma is in his league and she wouldn't last very long anyway).

That really leaves Thor and Surfer against the entire league (as their increased speed would make them nearly impossible for most of Marvel characters to hit them). Now Thor and SS are still a considerable challenge but I think the JLA's superior numbers would win it for them.

batdude123
^ yes

xtrubeastxcs
I'm leaning towards the JLA. I think they could make better use of their prep time. Superman goes sundipping for a week, Wonder Woman gets the god-wave powered up, and the Flash grants every member of the JLA with even greater super speed (not to mention slow down the other team once the fight starts).

The Marvel team only has 3 flyers that could actually make a difference (Thor, Surfer, Iron Man). That leaves the rest of their team on the ground and therefore practically useless. And most of their team could either easily be killed or K.O.'ed by the Flash or mind-raped by MM (I don't think Emma is in his league and she wouldn't last very long anyway).

That really leaves Thor and Surfer against the entire league (as their increased speed would make them nearly impossible for most of Marvel characters to hit them). Now Thor and SS are still a considerable challenge but I think the JLA's superior numbers would win it for them.

agreed, especially since SUPERMAN has been sundipping

batdude123
Yeah, I think JLA with prep. is the victor here.

GODSCRIBE
drink Sprite.

batdude123
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
drink Sprite.

How the hell is this a spite thread? The teams are basically matched pretty even.

MrHeavySilence
Hawkman can simply bombard Angel with the electric mace. Emma and Martian can duke it out (although I'm fairly sure Emma is stronger psionically), Green Lantern can think of a giant spoon and scoop up all the ground superheroes like Captain America into space, Flash moves fast enough to discover the frequency of Iron Man's force fields, propels himself through and gives Stark a whooping, and Plastic Man can wrap Angel and hurl him into something (use your imagination). Batman freezes Mister Fantastic with fermionic gas, Flash, Superman, and Wonder Woman throw down with Thor, Hulk, and Silver Surfer, who probably won't be able to do anything against superspeed-propelled superman punches.

batdude123
^ yes

UniOmni
OR Surfer can gift all of his teammates with portions of the PC, and it becomes a raping in Marvels favor. He's done it before. Ask KG.

JOE NUNEZ
its not fair, giving reed 1 week of prep marvel wins.

batdude123
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
its not fair, giving reed 1 week of prep marvel wins.

The prep time is not just used for strategy, it is also used for powering up and things like that.

badabing
Team 2 takes it.

Superherovandal
Seriously this is an extremely close battle this could go either way.

Mider
superman takes out thor while WW wraps up SS in her lasso to restrain him while the hulk and thor get taken out, hulk gets punched 100 times before he can do anything, then they go and beat up on SS and WW puts her sword into him and kills him yup sounds good to me

Dizzle
(most coherent pro JLA argument so far, I'll refute this one)

Meh, I'd personally doubt the prep time thing. Surfer can sundip himself as well, possibly to even greater effect than Superman. (I'm assuming we ignore the Godwave... It puts her at abstract level, she'd take out every single guy here times a billion at the same time if she used it) Reed and Tony far outclass Batman's intelligence, and Surfer is at least as fast, if not faster, than Flash, with a MASSIVE power advantage. Any blitzing Flash might do will be countered with a beam that turns him into a sandwich.

Hulk can jump. Amazingly accurately. The ones that count are immune/resistant to telepathy. The thing is, Thor, Surfer, Reed, Hulk, and Iron Man is more than enough to take down the JLA team as is.

Hulk won't go down that fast, though I agree he can be taken down by quite a few JLAers. Reed was given buttloads of prep, he isn't going down without taking a couple with him. Tony also prepared, I'd imagine his armor would be a bit tougher than normal. He's no slouch, powered up or not.

The Marvel team has several options here, which is why I think they'd win. Firstly, as has been mentioned, Surfer can endow power cosmic. He can basically give superpowers, as seen by his enchantment of Shalla Bal's soul. What he can do with it, I don't know. Tony Stark can also get Iron man suits for everyone if need be. Imagine Hulk with armor, flight, and lasers. Again, giving prep is risky, because being specific is really really hard, as guys like Reed and Batman can pull out ANYTHING if ou give them 2 weeks.

Unprepped, Surfer kills Flash and Superman very very quickly. (solar energy drain or knite) After that, he probably should square off with Martian Manhunter to minimize losses, as he's an extremely powerful telepath himself. Honestly, I see it taking all of 30 seconds. Thor and GL can fight, which would itself be an epic struggle. Tony can at the LEAST distract Wonderwoman until Surfer finishes with Manhunter and kills him. Hulk can jump at her and help, if need be. From there, thjey gangrape GL, since either Thor or SS can match him very evenly in power. (Surfer dominates him in speed and is almost exactly the same in terms of powers) The rest of the JLA don't matter a lot.

The real problem with the JLA offense is that Surfer is too damn powerful. I, in all honesty, see him doing very well against the entire team minus GL. He just has EVERYTHING. Truly a cosmic force.

Marcus4600
You gave Tony Stark prep time? Then this happens:
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2900/kingdomcome4188neverendingbatt.jpg
Then Thor and SS mop the rest up.

Dizzle
No, see, that's what happens when you give the UN a very large button that says "Do Not Press".

CaptainStoic
No one seems to take into account that these are heros, and they have certain ethics. They wouldn't just pig pile up on the last man standing they would fight one on one. Remember this isn't the Brotherhood of Satan vs the Hall of Gretins!

Thor vs Wonder Woman - My vote goes to Thor winning.

Captain America vs Batman - Captain America wins

Silver Surfer vs Superman - Silver Sufer sucks the sun bath out of him.

Hulk vs Green Lantern - Lobo beat Hal in a fight so I don't see why the Hulk can't do the same unless he loses by bfr, in which case The Hulk will just jump right back... bfr is cheap so I'll stick with the Lobo nearly knocking Hal the hell out scenario which took place in that Legion comic a few years back... Hulk wins.

Emma Frost vs Martian Manhuter - Psionically she will peel Jonns brain like an orange. physically he'll slap the sh*t out of her, I vote for Jonn holding onto his sanity long enough to get in close enough to crack her diamond ass.

Mr. Fantastic vs Plastic Man - Stalemate they both get twisted up and wind up french kissing each other, I really hate Plasticman, hopefully the Crisis will get rid of him.

Angel vs HawkMan - Hawkman is physically stronger than Angel, Hawkman wins.

Iron Man vs Flash - Flash wins.

grey fox

Co-signed

Marcus4600
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
No one seems to take into account that these are heros, and they have certain ethics. They wouldn't just pig pile up on the last man standing they would fight one on one. Remember this isn't the Brotherhood of Satan vs the Hall of Gretins!

Thor vs Wonder Woman - My vote goes to Thor winning.

Captain America vs Batman - Captain America wins

Silver Surfer vs Superman - Silver Sufer sucks the sun bath out of him.

Hulk vs Green Lantern - Lobo beat Hal in a fight so I don't see why the Hulk can't do the same unless he loses by bfr, in which case The Hulk will just jump right back... bfr is cheap so I'll stick with the Lobo nearly knocking Hal the hell out scenario which took place in that Legion comic a few years back... Hulk wins.

Emma Frost vs Martian Manhuter - Psionically she will peel Jonns brain like an orange. physically he'll slap the sh*t out of her, I vote for Jonn holding onto his sanity long enough to get in close enough to crack her diamond ass.

Mr. Fantastic vs Plastic Man - Stalemate they both get twisted up and wind up french kissing each other, I really hate Plasticman, hopefully the Crisis will get rid of him.

Angel vs HawkMan - Hawkman is physically stronger than Angel, Hawkman wins.

Iron Man vs Flash - Flash wins.

I agree with that up until Iron Man. Since there is prep on both sides, more than likely Stark has prepped everyone with a countermeasue, so I think he could take that fight. No prep though, I don't know how he'd pull it off.

Tshern
How about sundipping Silver Surfer just like he did in Infinity Crusade?

During the week of prep Iron man and Reed will invent a machine that gives them force field so that during the battle they can be safe while Emma mindrapes DC team. MM is a telepath, but Surfer would take him out in the beginning.

A week of prep for Reed and Tony is more than enough to give the majority to Marvel team. SS can give power cosmic to other heroes and so forth. Marvel takes a definite majority.

Juntai
Originally posted by Marcus4600
I agree with that up until Iron Man. Since there is prep on both sides, more than likely Stark has prepped everyone with a countermeasue, so I think he could take that fight. No prep though, I don't know how he'd pull it off. No amount of prep could prepare Tony for Flash.

Marcus4600
He does have Reed's help though.

MattDay
Im think this is more evenly matched then a few of the gossipers reprive. Take into account the preparation isn't batman a very resourceful individual, im surprised no one has mentioned this, on top of this a sundipped superman can resist the force of imperiex, surfer wont be taking a win so easily if at ALL.

the others are all so varied it's a complete mis mash of abilites which would be for a good battle if it was to be in a comic, marvel fans dont take marvels side on one man (SS) because the JLA have fought beings more powerful than even him.

(true knowledge comes to light in admitting you know nothing)

Marcus4600
Originally posted by MattDay
Im think this is more evenly matched then a few of the gossipers reprive. Take into account the preparation isn't batman a very resourceful individual, im surprised no one has mentioned this, on top of this a sundipped superman can resist the force of imperiex, surfer wont be taking a win so easily if at ALL.

the others are all so varied it's a complete mis mash of abilites which would be for a good battle if it was to be in a comic, marvel fans dont take marvels side on one man (SS) because the JLA have fought beings more powerful than even him.

(true knowledge comes to light in admitting you know nothing)

The Silver Surfer doesn't really need to battle him. He could just contain him inside the board, tie his life essence to another planet, etc.

cajun2de
Originally posted by Marcus4600
The Silver Surfer doesn't really need to battle him. He could just contain him inside the board, tie his life essence to another planet, etc.

or he could drain all the juice out of supes.....

UniOmni
Sundipped kryptonians scream "drain me!!," at least to my eyes. All that energy flowing around...... Thor could probably drain it, and then blast it back at MM tenfold. Ashes litter the arena. Flash is the biggest problem by far. Plus with Surfer giving out the PC, this fight gets really ugly fast.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Dizzle
(most coherent pro JLA argument so far, I'll refute this one)

Meh, I'd personally doubt the prep time thing. Surfer can sundip himself as well, possibly to even greater effect than Superman. (I'm assuming we ignore the Godwave... It puts her at abstract level, she'd take out every single guy here times a billion at the same time if she used it) Reed and Tony far outclass Batman's intelligence, and Surfer is at least as fast, if not faster, than Flash, with a MASSIVE power advantage. Any blitzing Flash might do will be countered with a beam that turns him into a sandwich.

Yea, the Godwave would end things rather quick but so would Thor's Godblast. wink
Personally, I would put the Flash and Surfer in the same league in terms of speed as both have done some pretty amazing things (although the Flash does have far more combat speed feats). The key for either side to win (and either side certainly could win) is in matching up properly with their opponents. Flash vs Surfer would be a very bad match up.

Hulk can jump. Amazingly accurately. The ones that count are immune/resistant to telepathy. The thing is, Thor, Surfer, Reed, Hulk, and Iron Man is more than enough to take down the JLA team as is.
As most of the JLA has not only flight but also super speed (even without alteration by the Flash) so I doubt the hulk jumping in the air will be a effective attack. And those without telepathic resistance/immunity face the possibility of being turned against their own team.

Hulk won't go down that fast, though I agree he can be taken down by quite a few JLAers. Reed was given buttloads of prep, he isn't going down without taking a couple with him. Tony also prepared, I'd imagine his armor would be a bit tougher than normal. He's no slouch, powered up or not.

The problem with the Hulk, Reed, and Tony is that they only have about human reaction times and reflexes. And given their opponents, that is a major disadvantage to overcome. I mean I don't think many of the Marvel team can take too many infinite mass punches by the Flash or the Manhunter's intangibility.

The Marvel team has several options here, which is why I think they'd win. Firstly, as has been mentioned, Surfer can endow power cosmic. He can basically give superpowers, as seen by his enchantment of Shalla Bal's soul. What he can do with it, I don't know. Tony Stark can also get Iron man suits for everyone if need be. Imagine Hulk with armor, flight, and lasers. Again, giving prep is risky, because being specific is really really hard, as guys like Reed and Batman can pull out ANYTHING if ou give them 2 weeks.

To be honest, I don't know the details of the Surfer sharing the power cosmic with others sad and it very well could turn this fight into a curbstomp in his favor. But if his team only gets a fraction of his power or it some how diminishes him to do this, then I think the JLA still has the advantage (if anyone does know the details please share them)

Tony handing out armors would be a very good tactic but with the speed discrepancy I still not sure if that would really make that much of a difference. (Again depending on the details of the Surfer sharing the Power Cosmic with the others)

Unprepped, Surfer kills Flash and Superman very very quickly. (solar energy drain or knite) After that, he probably should square off with Martian Manhunter to minimize losses, as he's an extremely powerful telepath himself. Honestly, I see it taking all of 30 seconds. Thor and GL can fight, which would itself be an epic struggle. Tony can at the LEAST distract Wonderwoman until Surfer finishes with Manhunter and kills him. Hulk can jump at her and help, if need be. From there, thjey gangrape GL, since either Thor or SS can match him very evenly in power. (Surfer dominates him in speed and is almost exactly the same in terms of powers) The rest of the JLA don't matter a lot.

If the JLA are going to win they have to be very careful with how they match themselves up with the marvel team. The only one who can really stand against the Surfer is the Green Lantern (which he should be able to do thanks to the speed increase by the Flash). Trying to have Superman fight the Surfer is a damn good way to get the boy scout killed. So I would have speed enhanced Batman, Plastic Man, and Flash take on everybody except Thor and Surfer (honestly I think the Flash could do it by himself, you gotta love the infinite mass punches evil face ).

That leaves Thor And Surfer against Sundipped Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, & Hawkman (all with enhanced speed). I would pit the GL, MM, & Wonder Woman against Surfer and Superman & Hawkman against Thor. Even then it would be a hard fight but I think the JLA could take it with their superior numbers.

The real problem with the JLA offense is that Surfer is too damn powerful. I, in all honesty, see him doing very well against the entire team minus GL. He just has EVERYTHING. Truly a cosmic force.

I agree that the Surfer is by far the biggest challenge and if they don't fight smart then he very well could be the reason they lose. However I think that if you match his energy manipulation powers with the GL and add two extremely fast, strong, and skilled fighters then you could take him down.

Wolverine2006
Team 2 definitely wins

batman2505
Batman can kick all their ass with a week of prpe this isn't even a fair fight for team 2 they gana get slaughtered

Validus
I don't care much for team debates with so many battling it out but this bothers me.

Originally posted by CaptainStoic

Or we could use the example of Hal beating the original Mongul in hand to hand combat while he had broke bones. Take into account the OG Mongul was stronger than Superman and all. Or we could use the example where Hal instantly amped his strength to overwhelm Kilowog during Emerald Twilight. Or the million other times Hal owns people hand to hand. Sorry but Hulk doesn't have a shot in hell of beating a Green Lantern on Hal's levels. You're better of trying to debate Hulk over Superman again.

S.S
As soon as someone bad mouths GL,Ion is sure to follow........thumb up

badabing
Originally posted by batman2505
Batman can kick all their ass with a week of prpe this isn't even a fair fight for team 2 they gana get slaughtered
Batman is good with prep but so is Reed Richards.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.