Did Darth Vader ever master Shien/Djem So?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revolver Ocelot
I remember Anakin being very good at it, but not a master of it...

Did Vader ever master it?

Tangible God
Sure.

Darth Traya
It depends. His form in the OT is based on Djem So, but's it's basically a bunch of power strikes...

Revolver Ocelot
Maybe he was a bit too clunky to continue practising Shien, and then created a new Form, based off Djem So, so he can rely more on his strength rather than agility.

Tangible God
That seems reasonable, since great skill with a saber was rarely needed in the Empire's day.

Wesker
Actually, he started working on Djem So/Shien right after AOTC, and was pretty damn proficient by ROTS. However, with the limited mobility and the inconvenience of using both hands (Keep in mind he can't do certain maneuvers with those arms because of his outfit; he also can't twist to the side, roll things over his wrist, etc.), Vader improvised the style. It's still reliant on power and aggressiveness, but he uses it mostly one-handed. Watch ESB and you can see.

If I had to answer the question literally, I'd say he did not master the form; he basically went into a custom form right after he fell to the dark side (Which is a trend).

bogen
i agree, also that if he was to try and perfect djem so/shien he would be wasting time because he could just rely on his far more proffictiont skills at that other one, forgot the name.
it's HEAPS arrgressive

Master Kadub
I think that probably by the time Anakin has returned from AOTC he has mastered a many of fightin style's.....

He is proficient....

bogen
aye

Tarvos
No, he had mastered Shii-Cho during AotC (duh) and then started working on Shien.

He only knew Shien and Shii-Cho.

To answer your question, though, Vader had most likely modified the Shien form to fit his own body, thus creating a new unnamed subform. That's just my input, though.

((The_Anomaly))
Well, Dooku said that Anakin was the best practitioner of Shien/Djem he had ever seen...so..

I'd say he had "mastered it"....

Wesker
I'm pretty sure the new Darth Vader novel explains this.

ESB - 1138
He had 20 years to perfect any form he was working on.

Captain REX
Whatever he uses, it is based off of Shien/Djem So.

I tend to think that most of the styles are based off of Forms, rather than 'This is exactly how a Form (blah) fighter would fight!'

ThoraxeRMG
Did Palpatine teach Vader anything when he was a Dark Lord?

Revolver Ocelot
He was a Sith Lord apprentice, of course the Emperor did...

Although he doesn't show much in the movies.

Wesker
Yeah, he showed him how to be Tarkin's *****.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Did Palpatine teach Vader anything when he was a Dark Lord?

I'm sure Palpatine taught Vader a lot of things.

Revolver Ocelot
Yeah, he showed him how to be Tarkin's *****.

Well, who wouldn't be Tarkin's *****? smile

Wesker
Leia. She was all player hating on Tarkin.

Revolver Ocelot
She's a **** anyways. Hell, even Chewie would bend over for Tarkin.

Wesker
Damn, that's just too much information. You're fired. Pinkslipped. Bad...

countfroggy
well did he ever the master of pluggin inthe wall to power himself up? cuz if he could not master that then he could not breathe or celebrate christmas?

Blaxican_Hydra
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
She's a **** anyways. Hell, even Chewie would bend over for Tarkin.

HAHAHAA I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT. well not really....but the convept is...yeah. Ew he's just so old. all shriveled....EW!

Janus Marius
You gave that way too much thought.

Revan Ecks
Originally posted by countfroggy
well did he ever the master of pluggin inthe wall to power himself up? cuz if he could not master that then he could not breathe or celebrate christmas?

WTF? What the f**k?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.