Astaroth (FF II) vs. Tibarn (FE: Path of Radiance)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Twilight Janick
Both are fliers, the first being the winged beast who guards the Ribbon inside Pandemonium (FF II), the second being the Hawk King of Phoenicis.

The setting is inside the hangar bay of the Invisible Hand.

Twilight Janick
Astaroth is a tough angel, nearing in difficulty the Emperor in FFII if it wasn't for the HP number. Tibarn can deal some damage to King Ashnard, a Black Knight-type of foe.

Hoshi
remember that tibarn is fast like hell !!! , probaly much faster than max , and he has more exp than astaroth since tibarn lived hundreds of years and is tha strongest of the bird tribes.

Twilight Janick
Right, Tibarn has the advantage of speed, but Astaroth has almost as much experience as Tibarn does. Because he/she was there overseeing the construction of Panedmonium.

Hoshi
you are right , ALMOST , thast means tibarn has another advantage , even if it is a small one .

Twilight Janick
Speed is Tibarn's only real advantage. I'd assume Astaroth has the same attack power with his/her lance as would Tibarn with his beak/talons.

Astaroth was there in the beginning of Pandemonium: In ages past, the Lord of Hell constructed Pandemonium. I assume here it is about Tibarn's lifespan that we're talking about here.

Hoshi
remember tibar uses a special armor that allow him to become in the animal form as much time as he wants and also increases his power.

Twilight Janick
The speed advantage and attacks are only present when this special armor is activated. This armor seems light, however.

Hoshi
remember that tibarn know the skies of all the world , Astaroth doesnt know the skies so well since he was "stuck " in that fortress if you know what i mean.

Twilight Janick
Correction: Tibarn knows the skies of Tellius only.

The fight is held inside the hangary bay of the Invisible Hand (ROTS), so the knowledge of the skies of either protagonist is irrelevant. Astaroth's post inside Pandemonium is about as large as the hangar bay of the Invisible Hand.

Hoshi
ops you are right , i forgot about that .But even if tibarn only has the speed advantage he would win by logic.

Looks like we are the only ones that know anything about fire emblem , how sad.

Twilight Janick
Astaroth has a heavier armor than Tibarn's in his hawk form. I believe his armor is as heavy as the Black Knight's, only it is cursed instead of blessed. Even considering that curse, he/she can be hurt.

Hoshi
i think tibarn is faster than astaroth , even if both of them are without any armor , but astaroths armor make him slower, just a bit, just like the black knights armor does with him , but tibarns armor make him faster and more agile.

Twilight Janick
Without armor: same speed (or Tibarn is slightly advantaged)

With armor: Tibarn's way faster. That's like the Enterprise-B would attempt to strike down a Venator.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.