Was didn't Count Dooku have a "Darth" name?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Like Darth Tyranus or something.

FistOfThe North
A typo, my bad. I meant, why Didn't Dooku have a "Darth" name..

Faunus
I don't get it. . . Does Darth Tyranus ring any bells?

ThoraxeRMG
It was Darth Tyranus, too bad no one knew that.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Faunus
I don't get it. . . Does Darth Tyranus ring any bells? laughing out loud he asked if Count Dooku had a darth name and he said Darth Tyranus in his first post. laughing

Fistothenorth, are you talking to yourself?

Darth Subjekt
hey man, pass whatever it is youre on...thats gotta be some good shit!

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
laughing out loud he asked if Count Dooku had a darth name and he said Darth Tyranus in his first post. laughing

Fistothenorth, are you talking to yourself?

Meaning I've never heard of Darth Tyranus. I've heard of Lord Tyranus. Like is Darth Tyranus his name or not.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
hey man, pass whatever it is youre on...thats gotta be some good shit!

smile

I don't abuse drugs but I can sell you some crack of the purest grade that you can smoke up. Pipe not included though.

smokin'

Tangible God
I may be wrong, but now that I think about it, do you actually hear Dooku called DARTH Tyranus in the movies?

Rayvann
Originally posted by Tangible God
I may be wrong, but now that I think about it, do you actually hear Dooku called DARTH Tyranus in the movies?

Yes

Tangible God
Where?

Rayvann
Where?

At the end of AOTC when Sidious greets Dooku.

Tangible God
Doesn't he say: "Welcome home, Lord Tyranus?"

Rayvann
Doesn't he say: "Welcome home, Lord Tyranus?"

Yep.

Tangible God
So we DON'T hear a "DARTH Tyranus," do we?

Captain REX
It's implied. Lord Vader, Lord Sidious...?

Revolver Ocelot
Or maybe, Sidious was trying to insult Dooku by comparing him to a Dinosaur-like creature.

Captain REX
...sure.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Or maybe, Sidious was trying to insult Dooku by comparing him to a Dinosaur-like creature. Wow and I guess Maul was insulted by being named after something Lions do to little children.

Wesker
Wow and I guess Maul was insulted by being named after something Lions do to little children.

Better than Darth Jacko.

Revolver Ocelot
Wow and I guess Maul was insulted by being named after something Lions do to little children.

Well you never know >_<

Ganner Rhysode
I'm fairly sure he's referred to earlier in the movie (or mayhap by Yoda) as Darth Tyranus.

Darth Subjekt
What about in the crawl? Or does that say Dooku? I don't think he was mentioned as such in the beginning, cause the Jedi thought, "He's a political idealist, not a murderer."....."you know Count Dooku was once a Jedi, he couldn't assassinate anyone...its not in his character." So they didn't know in the beginning that he was a Sith. OB1 found out on Geonosis. And he still called him Dooku. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone but Sidious called him Tyrannus. And it was Lord at that.

Darth POW
If he was called Lord, doesn't that mean 'dark lord'
which is like darth really i think,,, ninja

Ogami Itto
"I was hired by a man called Tyranus" -Jango Fett

Tangible God
I just watched AOTC, and never, not once, is Dooku ever called "Darth" Tyranus.

jediknight337
He does have a Darth name its Darth Tyranus.

vpokdekjyafmidp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ way to read the previous posts!

Tangible God
The question is, do we hear it said in the film? And the answer is no, we do not.

Ogami Itto
Although he is never referred to as "Darth" Tyranus his Sith name is indeed, Darth Tyranus!
He wanted to keep that quiet, but someone forgot to tell Jango laughing out loud

Anyway why would he call himself Tyranus when hiring Jango? unless Fett was in on the whole Sith returning thing!But then why would he tell Obi wan this?? What the f**k?

Captain REX
While we don't hear it in the film, it's implied, and then posted everywhere else on Lucas products, such as Dooku action figures. A lot of them said Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus, or even just Darth Tyranus.

Captain REX
Oh, and Dooku saying his name was Tyranus when he hired Jango...well...if Jango said 'Oh, Count Dooku hired me to assassinate Senator Amidala!' the Republic would be pissed. It was a precaution.

Lörd Sorgo
Owned by the Databank.

"With the Clone Wars in full effect, Count Dooku -- now Darth Tyranus -- fully embraced the ancient teachings of the Sith."

Captain REX
w00t.

Ushgarak
Darth/Lord = interchangeable.

That's as far as this thread needs to go.

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by Captain REX
Oh, and Dooku saying his name was Tyranus when he hired Jango...well...if Jango said 'Oh, Count Dooku hired me to assassinate Senator Amidala!' the Republic would be pissed. It was a precaution.

he was referring to being cloned not assassinating Padme!!! rolling on floor laughing

Darth Nepulis
Someone make this clear, is Dooku AT ALL in Episode II called 'Darth Tyranus?'

Someone said at the end Sidious said "Welcome home, Lord Tyranus.'
Is this true?

Tangible God
I'm a freakin' broken record:

Not once, in either Attack of the Clones, or Revenge of the Sith, is the Sith Lord known as Count Dooku, EVER reffered to as "Darth" Tyranus.

countfroggy
He does have one and here is a phrase that yoda would say to you if he could " Slap yourself you must."

Blaxican_Hydra
Sorry Tangible we don't speak Spaish..or Russian for that matter. Say it in english.

Tangible God
I don't speak Spaish either.

We never hear Dooku called Darth Tyranus. He's only ever referred to as LORD Tyranus.

Can't get much simpler than that. *slaps the froggy noob and Blaxican*

DarthBanevv
This topic has been beaten to death. We all know his name is Darth Tyraunus.

nelsonjames
>>This topic has been beaten to death. We all know his name is Darth Tyraunus.<<

. . . and this is why as a film buff, you can't have a logical discussion with a fan. Obviously everybody doesn't, or didn't know. The answer was no. Dooku was never referred to as Darth anything in the films. Any other assumptions are just that, since all other Sith Lords in the "movies" are referred to by their Sith name and nothing else. Vader is never referred to by Palpatine as Skywalker again after being given a Sith name. Maul is known by nothing else. Sure, a good movie that treats it's audience as being somewhat able to figure stuff out doesn't have to spell everything out, but it's easy in this case to question whether Dooku had attained that Darth title or not.

And no EU stuff doesn't come into it, nor action figures or anything else that's not in the film. If you have to go to an outside source to completely make your case, then it wasn't completely clear.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by nelsonjames
>>This topic has been beaten to death. We all know his name is Darth Tyraunus.<<

. . . and this is why as a film buff, you can't have a logical discussion with a fan. Obviously everybody doesn't, or didn't know. The answer was no. Dooku was never referred to as Darth anything in the films. Any other assumptions are just that, since all other Sith Lords in the "movies" are referred to by their Sith name and nothing else. Vader is never referred to by Palpatine as Skywalker again after being given a Sith name. Maul is known by nothing else. Sure, a good movie that treats it's audience as being somewhat able to figure stuff out doesn't have to spell everything out, but it's easy in this case to question whether Dooku had attained that Darth title or not.

And no EU stuff doesn't come into it, nor action figures or anything else that's not in the film. If you have to go to an outside source to completely make your case, then it wasn't completely clear. Why did you revive a 7 year old thread just to stand on a soapbox?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.