Total Recall : Ending?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
If you watch the movie Total recall, you are given two seperate endings to the movie. Its a movie about a man(Arnold S) who suposidly get his mind wiped at this agency and then becomes somewhat a spy.he then travels to mars to learn things.

My Question for you though is, Is his mind really Screwed up from the Recall or is he really a spy who had his memory erased?

Comments?

Myth
Haven't watched it in a while, but I believe he was a bad guy who willingly had his mind erased.

DarkWizard
This is the only movie that never stops confusing the shit out of me.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by DarkWizard

laughing out loud I need to agree, But I think its all in his head due to the ending where he gets the girl saves the day JUST like they said would happen at Recall.

T.M
Originally posted by Myth
Haven't watched it in a while, but I believe he was a bad guy who willingly had his mind erased.

same here. I haven't watched it in years either.

Originally posted by DarkWizard

Again same here, I don't have a clue what is going on in it.

Wolfie
I love the ending to this. It really makes you think. Is he a spy that had his memory erased? Is it just the recall? No one can answer this and I haven't tried to decide an answer I'm happy with 'cause I like not knowing the answer.

EPIIIBITES
The way I see it, they left it open ended on purpose...two very plausable endings...

The whole movie could've been real (and his memory had been previously tampered with before "Recall" so he flips out...and the story goes from there...)

or

Was only real up until "Recall" (and could've been the thrill ride they promised, cleverly adding in the memory tampering and flipping out bits at "Recall" as part of the adventure).

Bardock42
I love that movie, and I am quite happy with both endings, so I never really decided for myself which one I believe to be correct. I think they portray that quite well. The movie is like the Matrix, just good.

Vinny Valentine
I need to agree with Bardock, its just a good movie.

T.M
Originally posted by Wolfie
I love the ending to this. It really makes you think. Is he a spy that had his memory erased? Is it just the recall? No one can answer this and I haven't tried to decide an answer I'm happy with 'cause I like not knowing the answer.

Have to agree.. It is a lot better not knowing. This is the same with Pulp Fiction for me and the briefcase.. I don't want to know what was in it because it would spoil the whole idea of it.

K.Diddy
I like to believe the whole movie is basically a dream

Tired Hiker
Dude, you guys, do you remember Kuato?!! eek!

T.M
Originally posted by Tired Hiker

That part disturbed me the first time I watched it..

Pandemoniac
Been a while since I saw it, but was it not about Hauser having his personality uploaded in to a database, to refit his body with a new, innocent and insusceptible one? All in order to evade his enemies while conserving his body as it is being used rather safely by some average Joe. And about crafting a plan that would lead his body back to himself so he can take it back again when the heat clears?

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Tired Hiker

laughing out loud He was sick,I liked the girl with 3 boobs big grin

RZA
U mean these?

Picture not allowed on the board.

Remember Benny? "Baby you make me wish I had three hands!"

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/9206/totalrecallbenni28sm.jpg

This is one of my favorite all time flicks!

My favorite quote from the movie, "Die Benny!....Die!!!!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.