DE Sidious vs Freedon Nadd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revolver Ocelot
Setting is on the Dune Sea. They start approximately 20 meters away from each other.

Who wins? I'm leaning towards Nadd myself.

Rayvann
Mr. Nadd

Darth_Glentract
Nadd takes this.

IKC
Nadd.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by Rayvann
Mr. Nadd

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Nadd takes this.

Originally posted by IKC
Nadd.

Illustrious
Funny how everyone who has posted has said Nadd, but the vote actually has Sidious right up there.

Hint: that's why you don't use polls.

Faunus
Nadd, in a relatively difficult fight.

zephiel7
I say Freedom's Nad wins

Illustrious
Just noticing how there's been 6 people who voted for Sidious, but not a single one of them have posted anything.

Darth Kal-El
Nadd wins. Barely.

ThoraxeRMG
Sidious

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Nadd wins. Barely.
Originally posted by zephiel7
I say Freedom's Nad wins
Originally posted by Faunus
Nadd, in a relatively difficult fight.
Originally posted by IKC
Nadd.
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Nadd takes this.
Originally posted by Rayvann
Mr. Nadd

Well, that has to tell you something.

Revolver Ocelot
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Sidious

That's what you call a C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

jollyjim311
Well Nadd did take over a planet with only a blaster and a short lightsaber, but Sidious took out a whole fleet with his force storm. I don't know enough about Nadd (I'm not sure anyone does) to say who would win. Anyone have anything on Nadd? I'm asking all the people who said he would win. How good is he in saber to saber combat? How are his force skills? Has he shown us any feats that are as good as Sidious?

Council#13

IKC
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Well Nadd did take over a planet with only a blaster and a short lightsaber

No he didn't. KOTOR is wildly inaccurate and KOTOR items are not canon anyway.

Revolver Ocelot
Hm, those force storms are pretty uber... If he gets one off, does Nadd die?

((The_Anomaly))
Probably, But I don't know enough about Nadd. But his name is almost a singular of "Nads" and so, it makes me laugh...

huh

Deception
Well Nadd did take over a planet with only a blaster and a short lightsaber, but Sidious took out a whole fleet with his force storm. I don't know enough about Nadd (I'm not sure anyone does) to say who would win. Anyone have anything on Nadd? I'm asking all the people who said he would win. How good is he in saber to saber combat? How are his force skills? Has he shown us any feats that are as good as Sidious?

Just to let you know, feats dont mean jackshit. Unless you can put them into context.

jollyjim311
Exactly. All we have for Freedon is feats.

Familiar?

I don't know enough about Nadd (I'm not sure anyone does) ...How good is he in saber to saber combat? How are his force skills?

I can't just assume that he would win because we don't know much about him, and I don't know why you guys are.

IKC
I can't just assume that he would win because we don't know much about him, and I don't know why you guys are.

This is a nonsensical position. We know arguably even less about Ragnos, are we now going to say he can't beat opponent X?

jollyjim311
Originally posted by IKC
This is a nonsensical position. We know arguably even less about Ragnos, are we now going to say he can't beat opponent X?

True, but what we know about Ragnos is that he is "The best of the best." What we know about Freedon is that he took over a planet, we don't know exact conditions and such.

Revolver Ocelot
Freedon Nadd trained Kun, and Kun became uber... I'd place Nadd right under Kun. Some would place him above Kun.

jollyjim311
Sidious kind of beat Luke, and Luke became uber, it's all gut feelings backed up by occasional facts as far as Freedon goes. I can't say one is the clear victor, I'm sorry.

Revolver Ocelot
Nadd was also trained by Sadow. Granted, Sadow was 600 years out of shape, but he still probably taught him some nifty things.

jollyjim311
Yes, I realize he was good, but we have no means of comparing him to DE Sidious.

Sidious was trained by Plagueous (spelling?), he probably learned some nifty things also (Not DE Sidious, but, you get the point).

Faunus
Apparently little or nothing unique. . .

jollyjim311
Hey, Sidious was good...not on this level, but good. Anyway, that was my point, who knows how much Freedon learned from Sadow.

Revolver Ocelot
Apparently little or nothing unique. . .

It's possible he could create life / stop people from dying.

It's impossible that Plagueis created Anakin (too many timeline issues) so it was either Sidious or the force.

Also, his will keeps Vader alive at the end of the ROTS novel.

jollyjim311
Cool, and that is PT Sidious. DE is way better. How good is Nadd in saber to saber skills or force powers? Is he offensive, defensive, what? Let's not just jump to the conclusion that he could win.

zephiel7
-We know that Sadow caused a star to go supernova (which is comparable to DN Luke's ability to manipulate blackholes.)

-Freedon Nad learned from Sadow, so he is far from inept with Sith alchemy.

-Considering what Nad could do in his relatively weak spirit form (toss around Vodo, trigger an avalanche) his actual form would be far more devastating.

-He conquered Onderon, although by what means, is inconclusive. If it was single handedly, with a short lightsaber and sith magic, then that puts this feat a little higher up.

-A Mandalorian in KOTOR 2 said that Freedon Nadd was far more terrible than Revan or Malak. We cannot be sure of the credibility of this statement.

Sidious

-DE Sidious did create a gargantuan force storm. At first we believed the emperor's force lightning was unblockable, because Luke and Vader were both pwned by it. However later, we see Mace and Yoda block it with ease. Suddenly our assumptions that lightning was unstoppable changed. The same could happen with force storm. Luke and Leia blocked the technique. We can safely conclude that Nadd was stronger than either of them (since its only DE)

So from this I say Nadd wins.

Revolver Ocelot
-We know that Sadow caused a star to go supernova (which is comparable to DN Luke's ability to manipulate blackholes.)

Sadow used a ship, Luke used Force TK with no alchemy/dark magic. Sadow is more powerful though, mostly for his Massassi trick and that Luke's black hole was a small, artificial one.

-Considering what Nad could do in his relatively weak spirit form (toss around Vodo, trigger an avalanche) his actual form would be far more devastating.

I suppose, but he was not a Sith spirit for very long. 300 years, right?

-A Mandalorian in KOTOR 2 said that Freedon Nadd was far more terrible than Revan or Malak. We cannot be sure of the credibility of this statement.

Both of 'em are far more terrible than Revan or Malak.

-DE Sidious did create a gargantuan force storm. At first we believed the emperor's force lightning was unblockable, because Luke and Vader were both pwned by it. However later, we see Mace and Yoda block it with ease. Suddenly our assumptions that lightning was unstoppable changed. The same could happen with force storm. Luke and Leia blocked the technique. We can safely conclude that Nadd was stronger than either of them (since its only DE)

Luke and Leia and Jaina blocked it with a force spell that combined all three of their Force potential... He was against 3x full potential Skywalkers... God knows how deadly that is.

Illustrious
For the last time: Aleema used Sadow's ship to make 10 stars go supernova. Sadow used an entirely different technique. Aleema "ripped the cores" from the stars, by the looks of it, Sadow fired something resembling sith lightning into the star and made it go supernova.

It mentioned the Sidious was caught off guard, and that he destroyed himself. Force Illumination is not conclusive.

Faunus
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
It's possible he could create life / stop people from dying.

Is that why he suggested that he and Anakin would ''discover'' the secrets of his Master?

Sidious already stated in RoDV that Anakin was conceived by the power of the Force.

RotS Novelization = Bull.

tdtd
We know Nadd was extremely powerful during his life and I'd put him on par with Kun, certainly not above him since we know very little of him as a living human. Either way he is above DE Sidious.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by tdtd
We know Nadd was extremely powerful during his life and I'd put him on par with Kun, certainly not above him since we know very little of him as a living human. Either way he is above DE Sidious.

Okay, cool... why?

tdtd
Why to which part?

jollyjim311
Why do you think he would win? It's safe to say he was powerful, but how powerful? There is nothing to say that he could beat DE Sidious, unless you could provide some evidence, or, at least, a strong argument based on fact. I'm not saying that DE Sidious would necessarily win, I'm saying we don't know enough about Freedon to assume that he could beat DE Sidious, and until then, I'm saying Sidious because he has shown us a powerful mastery of the force (force storm and such).

tdtd
Right but I'm going to say that Nadd as a spirit alone was powerful enough, Nadd seduced Kun to the dark side, Nadd force pushed Vodo as a spirit, Nadd had Sadow's teachings which already in my book would give him more knowledge of ancient Sith techniques, and make him more powerful than Sidious. Although if I'm correct, Sidious learned the force storm on Korriban.

Revolver Ocelot
Right but I'm going to say that Nadd as a spirit alone was powerful enough, Nadd seduced Kun to the dark side, Nadd force pushed Vodo as a spirit, Nadd had Sadow's teachings which already in my book would give him more knowledge of ancient Sith techniques, and make him more powerful than Sidious. Although if I'm correct, Sidious learned the force storm on Korriban.

I think having Sadow's knowledge would be a enough to put him above Sids for now, assuming he tries to destroy Palpy before he sets off a Force Storm.

But I'm not sure he learned the Force Storm on Korriban... he visits there in Empire's End, but he doesnt learn anything from Ragnos/Sadow/Kressh/Simus whoever is there.

tdtd
I wonder where he learned that force storm.

Faunus
I wonder where Luke ''learned'' his lightning attack.

tdtd
You mean created

Wesker
So it's 100% that he created it?

tdtd
Yea Wesker unless I'm wrong and I am never wrong(Sarcasm), it's 100% that Luke created emerald lightning. Maybe it was to combat the Vong or maybe he just felt like being innovative, who knows.

Wesker
Where's your source for this, tdtd?

tdtd
If I say I read the book I would be lying, so my source is Wikipedia, unless you want me to find another source.

Wesker
I edited Wikipedia last month to say that Marka Ragnos could kill Luke by smothering him in his ass crack. You might want to try another source.

Faunus
Originally posted by tdtd
You mean created

I was being sarcastic. . .

And Janus, I'm inclined to say that Luke created the technique, as well. We've never seen anything remotely like it before, nor has there been even a mention of it before in EU. I dunno, but I doubt that any other Jedi had devised an attack to slaughter Vong warriors, considering all other likely candidates for something so bold had Vongsense: if Kyp had known it, he would have owned the slayers he fought, instead of falling to them.

tdtd
I didn't read the novels where it should say that he created it, but I bet NAI did.

Faunus
It's never stated that he created it, but it's the most likely conclusion. As for the book: The Unifying Force, by James Luceno.

Revolver Ocelot
Whoa, isn't that the book where Jacen becomes some sort of Force God?

Yeah, I didn't feel like reading that one.

tdtd
If anyone is portrayed is a force God, it's only Luke. And I'm assuming the unifying force is the last of the NJO novels which means I have 18 to read before it... Great, this is going to be a productive summer with the world cup..

Revolver Ocelot
No. In this book, Jacen becomes the most powerful. He "joins with the Force" or some crap and becomes uber... more powerful than Luke.

Or so I've heard.

tdtd
I think I know what you're talking about and if I'm correct that's already the DN novels, and he doesn't become more powerful than Luke.

Mysterious Man
Originally posted by Wesker
I edited Wikipedia last month to say that Marka Ragnos could kill Luke by smothering him in his ass crack. You might want to try another source. laughing

Faunus
No, that's in TUF. And he doesn't become more powerful than Luke: he just enters a state in which he temporarily becomes such a focused conduit to the Force that he vaporizes Onimi. Any Jacen so far would be WTFpwned by Luke.

tdtd
I've always wanted to know if Ragnos really does have horns or if he's wearing that war helmet Ludo Kressh put on him. He seems a lot scarier if the horns are part of his body. If not, I want to see what he looks like without the helmet. Probably bald or a receding hairline.

Revolver Ocelot
It looks like a helmet.

tdtd
Damn so my perception of my hero have been wrong all this time. Without that helmet Ragnos is a bald, helpless old half breed... GREAT

Wesker
Yeah, it's part of the helmet. Btw, Faunus... I wouldn't doubt that Luke may have created it considering its nature OR even recreated it (Since EU is like a living document of sorts. For all we know, Revan or Bane might use something like that in future EU sources), I just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Or rather, from a decent source. Wikipedia has some pretty poor information and a lot of randomly drawn conclusions that are clear bias, such as Kun using Makashi, Sidious being the most powerful force user of all time, Revan being the most badass of all time, etc. There's a lot of generalizations and unsupported claims made in Wikipedia articles that aren't in the source text or worse- are twisted and taken out of context.

tdtd
Yes I agree with you Janus, however I haven't read TUF so that was the only source I could get it from.

Wesker
I haven't read any of those books either, because IMO they took Luke and made him from being a good jedi and solid character to someone who fell to the dark side (DE series) which was totally out of character, and later on he just became stronger than Yoda, which was horrible. Realistically, Yoda should be the only real Force God on the jedi's side.

tdtd
Or Artoo..

Mysterious Man
I haven't read any of those books either, because IMO they took Luke and made him from being a good jedi and solid character to someone who fell to the dark side (DE series) which was totally out of character, and later on he just became stronger than Yoda, which was horrible. Realistically, Yoda should be the only real Force God on the jedi's side. True,Ive read this book,like the others,it's crap.I like every other EU except Post-ROTJ Eu,the only good things to come out of it were:
The Thrawn Trilogy
Crimson Empire Comics
X-Wing Books

And thats about it,the other EUs are perfect in my book.

Revolver Ocelot
Yeah, I stopped changing wiki of Palpatine from "Most Powerful Uberest Darkest Dark Lord of the Sithest Sith Lord of all time" to "Most Powerful Uberest Darkest Dark Lord of the Sithest Sith Lord of modern times".

I used to changed it nearly every week >_<. Bah, if that's what they want to believe, so be it...

Faunus
Yeah, it's part of the helmet. Btw, Faunus... I wouldn't doubt that Luke may have created it considering its nature OR even recreated it (Since EU is like a living document of sorts. For all we know, Revan or Bane might use something like that in future EU sources), I just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Or rather, from a decent source. Wikipedia has some pretty poor information and a lot of randomly drawn conclusions that are clear bias, such as Kun using Makashi, Sidious being the most powerful force user of all time, Revan being the most badass of all time, etc. There's a lot of generalizations and unsupported claims made in Wikipedia articles that aren't in the source text or worse- are twisted and taken out of context.

Agreed. You saw my arguments with darthsith about Wiki's use.

Wesker
I did. He needs to get a grip. Wiki is the path to the Noob Side of KMC.

Faunus
Idiocy leads to desperation. . . Desperation leads to Wiki. . . Wiki leads. . . to the Noob Side.

Wesker
"The moderators never told you what happened to your father."

"They told me enough. They told me you flamed him."

"No. I am your father, n00b! LOL WTF BBQ!!!111"

"Noooooooooo!"

Faunus
Stepping back three years. . .

''How did my father die?"

''A young n00b named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to n00bism, helped the KMC hunt down and destroy the Jawas. He betrayed and restricted your father."

In TPM:

''That's impossible! The n00bs have been extinct for a millenia!''

RotS:

''Become my n00prentice.''

''I. . . will do as you ask.''

''The Queer is strong in you. . . A powerful n00b you shall become.''

*jibberish*

''Once more, the n00bs will rule the galaxy! And we shall have peace. . . ''

tdtd
You bastards are hilarious

Wesker
Damn, Faunus took all the good lines.

Faunus
I pwn, n00b.

Wesker
Only a n00b deals in absolutes. I will do what I must. *Draws saber*

tdtd
lol

Faunus
Only a n00b deals in absolutes. I will do what I must. *Draws saber*

You will try. *draws lightsaber and attacks*

Wesker
*Instead of fighting, whistles and forty Magnaguards pop up* lol, n00b!

tdtd
This vs. thread has been replaced by "Whose Line is it Anyway"

Wesker
Only I'm not Canadian or British or black, so I lose the show by default.

tdtd
hahhah... What's the tall guy's excuse?

Wesker
Dude, he's RYAN STILES. That's like being born royalty. He can't even help being that amusing; it just happens.

tdtd
I know who he is lol, I tend to find him funnier than Colin.

Wesker
They're the original Odd Couple there.

Illustrious
That's only because the points don't matter.

Wesker
Of course they don't matter. It's all just for fun.

Illustrious
Yeah, until they declare someone a winner.

tdtd
I'm glad they hardly have women on that show. Everytime a woman is on there she's very dull, and the odd "man" out. It's pretty much Ryan, Colin, and Wayne.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.