Gladiator vs Apocolypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimrod009
A battle of two heavy hitters.

Let's say neither are their usual jobbing selves and are in fact fighting to the upmost of their abilities, using all powers at their disposal.

As much as I'd like to see Apoc get an impressive win under his belt, I think Glads speed may be too much to deal with here. Although Gladiator's powers do play more into the hands of Apoc, he wouldn't be able to get an easy win over Apoc as someone like Magneto in this instance.

It would be a long battle, but my money's on Glads...he has much bigger feats to his name.

As a side note, it was pretty awesome when these two almost squared off in the cartoon. Apoc was a beast in that! cool

juggernaut66666
ill go with apoc glads got owned by gambit he had a hard time beating colossus

soleran30
Glads is the monkey punch boy Superman in Marvel.

Gladiator would so wreck Apoc its silly.

Darth Kal-El
Apocalypse takes it. 6/10.

Redatom65
good fight

my money goes too

:-/

i guess
Gladitor 6/10

King KAM
Apoc makes a big huss and fuss, talks a whole bunch of shit, and then loses and goes to sleep for like 2-3 years, wakes ups and gets beat up by cable again.

Validus
Gladiator

grey fox
Apocalypse at his best was stalemating Loki , the guy who get's his ass kicked by just about ever major marvel hero who has seen thor.

Gladiator at the other hand at 'His very best' rips stars apart with his bare-hands. Apocalypse get's such a beating that he wouldn't come out of his pyramid for a few thousand years , hoping that gladiator would have died of old age at that point.

jasofisc
IF the fight would have gone on in the cartoon Apoc would have owned Gladiator I don't know about the comics though Apoc always seems to find a way to let me down.

TheKahn
Originally posted by grey fox
Apocalypse at his best was stalemating Loki , the guy who get's his ass kicked by just about ever major marvel hero who has seen thor.

Gladiator at the other hand at 'His very best' rips stars apart with his bare-hands. Apocalypse get's such a beating that he wouldn't come out of his pyramid for a few thousand years , hoping that gladiator would have died of old age at that point.

^cosigned

vold
What cartoon did glads fight apoc?!?!?!

GODSCRIBE
Gladiator bores a hole into Apocs head via his eye beams.

Lucid Lui
Poccy Lips has no chance.

nimrod009
Originally posted by vold
What cartoon did glads fight apoc?!?!?!

It was in the 90s X-Men cartoon. Apoc grabs Lilandra, Glads talks tough for a bit and flies at Apoc but he teleports away, Glads leaves a dent in the wall. It would have been a great fight, they were both written pretty well for the cartoon.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by nimrod009
It was in the 90s X-Men cartoon. Apoc grabs Lilandra, Glads talks tough for a bit and flies at Apoc but he teleports away, Glads leaves a dent in the wall. It would have been a great fight, they were both written pretty well for the cartoon.

yup, that was a great episode.....although Glads powers fluctuated greatly throughout the saga. in one episode Juggernaut wasnt even able to hurt him, in the next episode Rogue is able to trade blows with him.

Wonder Man
I think Apocolypse is top guy. He beats Surfer or Thanos or Gladiator.
I haven't followed every event of Apoc. but his character suggests that he could defeat something like the Destroyer by being in it or fighting it from the outside.

Xplosive

In cartoon, it was pretty clear that Apocalypse was more powerful being than Gladiator and in cartoon it was pretty clear Apocalypse was more powerful than in himself in comic.
In cartoon he would own Gladiator pretty easily. He would own Juggenaut pretty easily. Actully he was in higher league.

Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
yup, that was a great episode.....although Glads powers fluctuated greatly throughout the saga. in one episode Juggernaut wasnt even able to hurt him, in the next episode Rogue is able to trade blows with him.

Excatly. Apocalypse always defeated X-Men very easily+Cable+Bishop and in cartoon Apocalypse even killed whole X-Men team+Bishop with one blast, completely deatominizing them. He destroyed future in cartoon, almost erased whole existence in cartoon. No matter what power attacked him, never hurt him one iota. (In cartoon most powerful telepath in existence combined were needed to destroy Apocalypse, and even then Xavier said they could only do that because Lazarus chamber was gone. He was POWER). Cartoon Apocalypse was a monster he should have been in comic always.

nimrod009
Originally posted by Xplosive
Excatly. Apocalypse always defeated X-Men very easily+Cable+Bishop and in cartoon Apocalypse even killed whole X-Men team+Bishop with one blast, completely deatominizing them.

That was awesome! He just got mad and expanded himself to giant size and blasted them all to instant death...hugely impressive.

Anyhow, I still pick Glads for the majority here due to his speed. Has Apoc got any impressive showings against speedsters? I'll happily be proved wrong if he has. smile

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by grey fox

Bingo.

Lucid Lui
Gladiator wins.

Rewmac
I don't thinks so...Apoc got this more than Gladiator. Glad couldn't even beat Thor, had problem with beating Colossus and yep Gambit owned him with a pack of cards...And that Juggernaut stuff isn't comparing. Classic Juggernaut would beat the crap out of him. Since Gambits cards were useless against him.

grey fox
Originally posted by Rewmac
I don't thinks so...Apoc got this more than Gladiator. Glad couldn't even beat Thor, had problem with beating Colossus and yep Gambit owned him with a pack of cards...And that Juggernaut stuff isn't comparing. Classic Juggernaut would beat the crap out of him. Since Gambits cards were useless against him.

That was gladiator Jobbing he's marvels ***** , and as such has to get his ass kicked to make people look better.

Lucid Lui
Why do people always ignore the fact that Gladiator completely owned Thor aswell? Easily.

Selective memories?

Rewmac
He beated Thor right, but selective memories what happened, He said Thor is too powerful for him to be beaten.

Lucid Lui
So Gladiator has a selective memory aswell. Dandy.

Rewmac
http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorglads41dl.png

leonidas
Originally posted by Rewmac

and apoc couldn't get a win over loki -- had to trap him with his tech and even THAT couldn't hold him for more than a minute or two. and thor CRUSHES loki. not a good comparison . . .

Rewmac
Hey, I didn't know about that..So basically we got fights that aren't really real proof..Then I say Gladiator could beat Apoc then in someway. But this isn't really a fight I wanna see in a comic big grin

Xplosive
Originally posted by leonidas
and apoc couldn't get a win over loki -- had to trap him with his tech and even THAT couldn't hold him for more than a minute or two. and thor CRUSHES loki. not a good comparison . . .

Yes, but you can also say, High Evolutionaty owend Thor, but couldn't beat Apocalypse.

Xplosive
That was awesome! He just got mad and expanded himself to giant size and blasted them all to instant death...hugely impressive.

Anyhow, I still pick Glads for the majority here due to his speed. Has Apoc got any impressive showings against speedsters? I'll happily be proved wrong if he has. smile

I remember him fight Quicksilver (when Apocalypse was at one of his weakest state ever in comic), when Quicksilver used his super speed, but Apocalypse said super speed is useless against him. But it's really not good at all to compare Gladiator speed and Quicksilver.

Wolverine2006
Apoc, is related to Tupac so he definetely wins anyways...but could Apoc beat Hulk...if so he could definetely kill Gladiator

Autarch
Apocalypse never does what his comic book writers allege he can do...I mean, between the mass-energy and shapeshifting alone he should be pretty much unstoppable. Of course, Magneto should be able to control all matter since observable material properties are pretty much 100% caused by electro-magnetic phenomena, but that's how comic logic goes.
Gladiator's powers are vast, but vary almost randomly every time we see him with no clear explanation as to 'why'. His powers are also specific, he can do certain things very well but doesn't possess the arbitrary expansiveness that Apocalypse does.
So, unless Gladiator can outright kill Apocalypse by brute force, a well-written Apocalypse wins through versatility and near omnipotence.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I think Apocolypse is top guy. He beats Surfer or Thanos or Gladiator.
I haven't followed every event of Apoc. but his character suggests that he could defeat something like the Destroyer by being in it or fighting it from the outside.

What the f**k? are you smoking man? Thanos/Silver Surfer/ Destroyer/ Gladiator are so far above him it's not even funny. Thanos pimp slap his ass, SS will blast hm into oblivion, Gladiator will fly his ass into the sun and leave his ass their, Asgardian Destroyer will beat his over hype ass into a coma.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.