Ska-Punk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Otus

Otus
Damn, no-one has sent reply... sad

PINBALL
The only sca i like is dropkick murphys real big fish....okay i gues...

Otus

PINBALL
whatever...

Eis
The only ska-punk band I like is Ska-P.

Murda Mase
I like Sublime..um and some other ones I forget there names.

cool_dudes_rule
what is ska-punk? well i think ive heard reel big fish before, not sure.

PINBALL
Ska punk is punk with horns and other stuff like that.

Jabba the Hutt
I used to be into Ska (Call it ska for short. Its alot easier) Some good ska bands are: Reel Big Fish, Skankin' Pickle, Mustard Plug, The Toasters, Catch 22, The Aquabats (my favorite), Big D and the Kids Table, and Streetlight Manifesto.

Ska is basically punk with weird twist. The highest pitched strings on the guitar are mostly used, and horns are added. Horns as in, Trumpets, Trombones, Tubas, and Baritones. Most ska bands have a Saxophone player too. (Usually Baritone sax) I saw a ska band once with a Clarinet player. Anyway, ska is known for its overall being different than any type of genre. Avid ska fans and bands usually like to wear bright, flashy, unmatching clothes. And of course something with a checkerboard design, as checker is sybol of ska.

el_barto
I like ska, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Operation Ivy, Mustard Plug, and Assorted Jelly Beans are my favourites.

Evil Dead
no such thing as ska-punk as punk isn't a musical genre......whereas ska actually is, a mixture of reggae and jazz. Punk was a social movement.........many punks never, ever played an instrument in their life. Those who did played rock music......."punk music" was simply music played by punks.......be it rock, pop or country-western. Hell, a group of punks hanging together playing covers of Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash songs is punk music as it is merely music played by punks.

I used to dig ska. I listened to alot of skankin' pickle, bosstones, ruder than you, etc......

fruits
well, i'm in a ska band, love ska. mustard plugs, catch 22, less than jake, reel big fish, forces of evil, and the mighty mighty bosstones are just a few of my fav ska bands. ska was like, really big just a few years ago and then now it's kind of died and there's definantly less fans, but im one. it's just such upbeat hip music, don't see how you coudln't like it.

AlkalineTrioRox
ALKALINE TRIO! Doez anyone agree with me? Come on people! rock

...by the way, Otus...Ur sig turns me on... devil

SnakeEyes
Alkaline Trio is not ska...

PINBALL
Alkaline don't be so stupid,,,

Burner
I ****ing love Ska. Five Iron Frenzy is my favorite band ever. Others I love are Catch 22, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Aquabats, Buck-O-Nine, Goldfinger, The Planet Smashers, Reel BIg Fish, The Skatalites, The Slackers, The Specials, and The Toasters. I need more.

<3 Ska

I also like Punk music a lot, but I lack a good amount of it.

RedAlertv2
I like Operation Ivy, Less Than Jake, the Aquabats, and Sublime. But thats about it

~Flamboyant~
The Aquabats have to be the coolest people that have ever existed.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
The Aquabats have to be the coolest people that have ever existed.

yes

I met them after a gig.... shook hands with them and everything... They're also kick ass live.

droolio

Burner

SelphieT
Reel Big Fish kicks ass dude! I love em'! And I love SKA too! Specially the Specials, Bad Manners, the Coventry Automatics, and tons others

~Flamboyant~
Catch 22 is pretty good.

There are also a few local-ish Ska bands from where I live that are okay. Including: Drop It Jeffrey, Patent Pending, and The High School Football Heroes.

fruits
umm, i just wanna bump this one up cuz ska is amazing.....reel big fish is my favorite band of basically all time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.