Why can't hulk beat superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue nocturne
Can someone just explain to me why?

King_Mungi
Speed and versitility

golem370
He can but Superman's fanboys can't admit it.

ChaoticReign
Well the biggest most prominant issue is speed. Hulk its so much slower than superman it would be like if he was fighting a statue. And two is versatility. Superman can fly. This allows him to avoid hulks jumping and attack from a distance if needed. Supermans heat vision is as hot as the sun and if he really poured his energy into it, its extremely likely that the hulk would be toast.

edit: Oh and ignore golem he hates superman and likes to try and insult both the character and the fans at every chance he gets.

StyleTime
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Speed and versitility
Superman only needs speed or versatility to win lol.
Originally posted by golem370
No. No he can't. He simply does not have the powerset to compete. There is no fanboyism involved.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by ChaoticReign
Well the biggest most prominant issue is speed. Hulk its so much slower than superman it would be like if he was fighting a statue. And two is versatility. Superman can fly. This allows him to avoid hulks jumping and attack from a distance if needed. Supermans heat vision is as hot as the sun and if he really poured his energy into it, its extremely likely that the hulk would be toast.

edit: Oh and ignore golem he hates superman and likes to try and insult both the character and the fans at every chance he gets.

Has anyone seen the hulk respect thread hulk has smacked quicksilver while he's running and spiderman too how is he not fast???

Creshosk
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Has anyone seen the hulk respect thread hulk has smacked quicksilver while he's running and spiderman too how is he not fast??? Umm. . . because quicksilver and spiderman are slower than frozen molasses in the middle of january in antarctica compared to Superman?

*looks at spiderman repect thread where Spiderman dances around hulk like hulk was standing still*
*looks at hulk respect thread where Hulk mananges to hit spiderman*

Also there is such a thing as PIS.

batdude123
Seriously, I just think that HULK fanboys just can't admit it. Superman is on an entirely different level than Hulk. Superman would either:
1) Fibrate his fists through Hulk's skull and through his brain.
2) Keep moving around him and contiually keep pounding him with his fists before Hulk can even say "Me no like men with capes!"
3) Stay out of Hulk's range and fly up and just keep toasting him with his heat vision.... The possiblities are really endless. Hulk has absolutely NO chance of ever winning their fights. End of story.

Darth Macabre
Has anyone seen the hulk respect thread hulk has smacked quicksilver while he's running and spiderman too how is he not fast???

Well Hulk moves aproximately 300-400 miles an hour....Now let's cut Supermans speed in half...Which is almost half the speed of light...Half the speed of light > 300-400 miles an hour. wink

Creshosk
Technically we don't really know what superman's top speed is. he's preformed quite a few feats that exceed light speed.

Scoobless
i read somewhere that Hulk had a kind of sixth sense... is this true?

Validus
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Superman vs The Hulk isn't really a good matchup, if you think about it. It's a wonder why they fight in so many crossovers.

Both of them are really strong. One keeps getting stronger as he gets angrier. The other can exceed light speed, project the heat of a star from his eyes, freeze the oceans with his breath, see through anything but lead, and hear a pin drop half-way across the world.

The real question is, what idiot decided that Superman vs The Hulk was a good fight?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Scoobless
i read somewhere that Hulk had a kind of sixth sense... is this true?

Yes he can see Ghosts and sense magic, while Superman can see a persons soul.

Blue nocturne
I don't see what's stopping hulk from getting angry to the point where he just knocks supes.

BobbyD
Hulk can beat Superman. However, w/o stupidity and/or a major brain fart on Clark's behalf, in theory he never should.erm

soleran30
Because Superman just BFR's him without even letting the Hulk realize how fast he was hitsmile

Blue nocturne
The hulk can knock people into orbit.

batdude123

Yes, but how is he gonna be able to hit Supes into orbit when he won't even be able to see him? Superman wins this, done deal.

soleran30

Yeah but see Superman can Fly so getting back down is easy. The problem ensues when Superman speedblitz's Hulk and Hulk cannot fly back to earth.

Hence speedblitz and BFR Hulk turns into a popsicle.

james1865
Although they are probably equal in strength, Superman is faster, can fly, has heat vision etc. Way too much versality for the Hulk. How would the Hulk even touch him? The only two mainstream heroes that I would favor over Superman would be Silver Surfer and Thor.

Blue nocturne
What if they fought in an alternate dimension where the arena has no limit.

Validus
Originally posted by BobbyD
Hulk can beat Superman. However, w/o stupidity and/or a major brain fart on Clark's behalf, in theory he never should.erm
This I agree with. Superman is not a newbie to this type of fight and he'd sure as hell have to fight like one to lose to Hulk.

vpokdekjyafmidp
because hulk is homosexual

batdude123
Originally posted by vpokdekjyafmidp
because hulk is homosexual

What the f**k?

xtrubeastxcs
Well um, superman has thrown people in to orbit easily... and uhhh.... he kinda flew through a moon and it split in half one time.... do the math

vpokdekjyafmidp
Originally posted by BobbyD

BobbyD, I agree!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Creshosk
Technically we don't really know what superman's top speed is. he's preformed quite a few feats that exceed light speed.

Yeah I know...I was just giving an example of half of Supes speed, showing that the Hulk's speed is a crawl (if that) to Supes.

What if they fought in an alternate dimension where the arena has no limit.

lol Ok, now you're just grasping at straws.

Blue nocturne
I'm just saying without throwing hulk to space can supes beat hulk?

Darth Macabre

Yes, Hulk shouldn't even be able to touch Supes.

Validus
Yes, Hulk can be knocked out as seen numerous times. The crux of the matter is that Hulk can't logically beat Superman unless it involves Clark fighting like a dolt.

Ex11B
Originally posted by golem370

Yes

Dynamic One
Why then ever did Supes lose to Doomsday then? Supes should have never lost that fight why, because he can fly and he had other ways of engaging Doomsday besides punching. I know Supes has the ability of flight, and heat vision and frosty mc frost breath, but if you look at the way Supes initially attacks an opponent it is usually very physical. Supes is a physical fighter, and usually uses his other abilities as a fallback plan. Superman also fights to the level of his opponent. truthfully if well written a Superman fight with the Hulk should not last that long, because he's able to land punches faster than most opponents can react and they should be KO'ed. But the pysche and god encrusted ego of Supes steers him towards fighting towards the strength of the opponent. Why? Because he has to prove that he is better on the same level that everyone operates, anything else and he would have to look for a new name. So Superman, even in bloodlust mode, would for a majority of the fight go toe to toe with the Hulk, and depending on which Hulk we are talking about, this will be in favor of the jade giant.

Validus
Originally posted by Dynamic One
Why then ever did Supes lose to Doomsday then?
Doomsday has super speed too. That's basically the kicker here.

Dynamic One
Originally posted by Validus
Doomsday has super speed too. That's basically the kicker here.

But he couldn't fly. Someone posted earlier that Hulk can move 300-400 mph. if thats true then on some level that is superspeed, being faster than your average human or mutant can move.

Validus
400mph and he might as well be standing still compared to Clark. Supes mentioned he had difficulty keeping up with DD during their first and second fight and in Gog Wars he just casually runs over 5-6 Gogs at once. Not saying he's a lightspeeder but certainly fast enough to keep up.

leonidas
thing is, supes is arguably as strong/stronger than hulk (unless hulk goes REALLY REALLY INSANELY nuts), MORE invulnerable AND way WAY faster with a vast array of powers to use against him.

hulk's only chance is if supes stands toe-to-toe and even that is not a SURE win. if supes uses all his powers, hulk simply cannot win. he's got a better chance, oddly enough imo, against doomsday.

Juntai
But he couldn't fly. Someone posted earlier that Hulk can move 300-400 mph. if thats true then on some level that is superspeed, being faster than your average human or mutant can move.
Superman died AFTER Doomsday, remember that. He did not lose, even in death.

Superman struggled to keep up with Doomsday in their encounters, Booster claimed he was faster than Flash, Guy Gardner claimed Doomsday was too fast for him to think, as he didn't even get a defense up with his yellow ring before Doomsday could run over him and smash his head on a rock. Doomsday speedblitzed the JLA.

He showed the ability to leap great distance. Someone is borrowing my Death of Superman comic at the moment, but I believe the last bit of distance, which was stated on a sign as 50 miles to the edge of Metropolis, he cleared in one jump and landed in the middle of the city. While jumping Superman found that Doomsday could control his fall, choosing his direction.

In Hunter Prey when Superman tried to fly away, Doomsday aimed his hand at him and shot his knuckles through the air, and through Supes' shoulder, and reeled him back in.

mighty adam
Originally posted by Creshosk
Technically we don't really know what superman's top speed is. he's preformed quite a few feats that exceed light speed. superman only go's 90 speed of light. thats fast but not flash speed and if you say superman can hang with flash when it comes to speed then you are really stupid. when zoom and flash was fighting superman even said he couldn't even see them thats how fast the flash can really move.

mighty adam
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
because hulk is homosexual why we getting up tight about comics. lol

mighty adam
oh and yes superman can beat hulk. but only 7/10 hulk could win too. the comic writer's will never let hulk lose by throw in space bs. superman just too fast too smart to lose the hulk. plus they both are good guys they would just go beat up doomdays together.

Femi32
Originally posted by mighty adam
superman only go's 90 speed of light. thats fast but not flash speed and if you say superman can hang with flash when it comes to speed then you are really stupid. when zoom and flash was fighting superman even said he couldn't even see them thats how fast the flash can really move.

In space, Superman is beyond light speed.

badabing
If the fight started in a city as a toe to toe brawl, Supes would realize fast that the angrier the Hulk got = Hulk with increasing strength, endurance, etc. Supes then would lure him to an open, unpopulated area to resume the fight where he could use all his speed and flight more effectively. I think he probably figures out just to let Hulk calm down and may avoid a fight all together. Brains beats brawn.

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
If the fight started in a city as a toe to toe brawl, Supes would realize fast that the angrier the Hulk got = Hulk with increasing strength, endurance, etc. Supes then would lure him to an open, unpopulated area to resume the fight where he could use all his speed and flight more effectively. I think he probably figures out just to let Hulk calm down and may avoid a fight all together. Brains beats brawn.

Yeah I mean Superman isn't some dumbass that would just stand toe to toe with someone who kept getting stronger the angrier he gets. He knows all the variety of power he has at his display and would use them effectively. Hulk goes down HARD.

badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Yeah I mean Superman isn't some dumbass that would just stand toe to toe with someone who kept getting stronger the angrier he gets. He knows all the variety of power he has at his display and would use them effectively. Hulk goes down HARD.
I know Hulk would lose at the end unless Supes does try to duke it out. But people really get pee-oed if someone says that Supes beats Hulk and that's it. I just try to put a spin on it where the Hulk loses due to Supes brains and not necessarily because the Hulk is one dimensional .

Sixth_Winged
because superman can kill hulk quickly from his base level considering his speed and own base strength. Give hulk time to get uberly pissed off enough to make him move comparably fast and as strong and you have a match.

Validus
Originally posted by leonidas
thing is, supes is arguably as strong/stronger than hulk (unless hulk goes REALLY REALLY INSANELY nuts), MORE invulnerable AND way WAY faster with a vast array of powers to use against him.

hulk's only chance is if supes stands toe-to-toe and even that is not a SURE win. if supes uses all his powers, hulk simply cannot win. he's got a better chance, oddly enough imo, against doomsday.
That's another thing. I'm not even sure Hulk would take the majority if Superman didn't use his speed. Clark is strong enough to hold the moon in place against gravity that was constantly increasing and he along with Wonder Woman deadlifted The Spectre who has a body composed of Eternity if only for a short time. His strength is just as insane as Hulk's and if Hulk does get too strong, Superman isn't above taking a quick trip to the sun. That's actually becoming a common thing for him to do these days.

MuffinmanMike
Look, I'm unbiased(I am not a fan of Hulk and I hate Superman) and I STILL think Supes beats the hell out of Hulk.

Even savage, ultra pissed, WHATEVER. Superman is more than strong. He is fast enough to dodge anything the Hulk throws at him, AND he can fly if he needs to recuperate.

spetznaz

Here's a simple analogy:

You have 2 people with the following traits:

Adam:
- A very intelligent person in BIOLOGY.
- The more he studies biology the more intelligent he gets in biology.
- He can study biology to the extent that he moves from being 'very intelligent' to becoming a veritable GENIUS in bio.

Eve:
- A GENIUS in biology.
- A genius in physics.
- A genius in chemistry.
- A genius in mathematics
- A genius in engineering
- A genius in philosophy
- A genius in history
- A genius in geography
- A genius in civics
- A genius in commerce and fiscal strategy.

Alright, that is the set up.

Assumptions:
i) Assume that the two will be facing off against each other in an all out knowledge competition ....a form of 'genius-exam' that mixes aspects and facets from the SAT, the GMAT, the GRE, the MCAT, the LCAT ....everything ....even TOEFL is thrown in the mix.
ii) To make things better for Adam, assume that he is given enough time to study as much BIOLOGY as he wants, thus moving from VERY INTELLIGENT IN BIOLOGY to being a GENIUS IN BIOLOGY. However since Adam is only great in bio he is sorely lacking in all the other subjects/loci.

Now, the super-examination is handed out.

Results:
The conclusion is simple .....Eve will literally wipe the floor with Adam! Why? Because Adam is only a threat when it comes to one area (in other words he is UNI-dimensional), while Eve is a threat in myriad areas (in essence, she is OMNI-dimensional).
Even if Adam is allowed to reach genius level he will still lose the exam battle .....because he has no answer for Eve's genius profeciency in the other subject areas.

Adjustment:
The above issue (crisis for Adam) is so profound that an adjustment could be made and STILL lead to Adam failing.
For instance Adam is at genius level now in biology.
However let's say the test administrator decides to GIVE HIM THE ANSWERS TO THE BIOLOGY PART of the exam. What happens?

Same thing .....Eve wipes the floor with him! Why? Because even if Adam got 100% correct in bio, he would still be deficient in every othe r subject area.

Inferences:
This is pertinent to the Hulk/Superman situation as follows.
The Hulk is uni-dimensional ....his major ability is his strength (he also has a healing factor, green skin pigmentation, green hair pigmentation, green nails, the ability to see ghosts, and the ability to locate where he first turned into the Hulk through instinct ....but his major, and viable, strength is literally that: his strength).
However take Superman .....he starts at a higher strength level than the Hulk (although, theoretically, the Hulk can reach Superman levels ...i.e. from 'very intelligent' to 'genius' with a 'cheat sheet') BUT healso has other advantages (both offensive, like heat vision, arctic breath, super breath; and perceptive, like his sensory strengths such as his various 'visions,' superhearing etc where he can know someone is approaching simply by hearing them half a world away).
Then there are other physical strengths, such as the ability to fly PLUS prodigious speed (which approaches the speed of light, and in some cases exceeds it).
Superman just simply has too much variety and scope for the Hulk.

As Cosmic Cube once said, the two are not in the same level.

p.s: The only reason the Hulk and Superman are put in the same level is because they are, arguably, the 'flagship powerhouses' for Marvel and DC respectively (there are stronger people than both, but they are the flagship powerhouses). Apart from that the Hulk is simply not in the same level as Superman.....in the same way that Adam is not fit to stand before Eve.

Juntai
superman only go's 90 speed of light. thats fast but not flash speed and if you say superman can hang with flash when it comes to speed then you are really stupid. when zoom and flash was fighting superman even said he couldn't even see them thats how fast the flash can really move. Superman can fly in multiples of lightspeed. He's done it numerous times. He's even been known to have gone about 20 times lightspeed.

Validus
He could be 1% lightspeed. More than fast enough to curbstomp Hulk.

inamilist
LOL

you made a post like that in the Hulk vs Superman thread spetz that was also funny

good show!

Dynamic One
People really need to stop this Superman vs. Shenanigans. becasue SUpes is a very badly written character. i can't even say i dislike supes, because at one point an time i liked him, but i hate his writers. They created a character that at anytime can surpass his "limits" on the cop out notion that he was holding back. There's no point to superman, there really isn't. There's nothing he can explore, nothing to relate to. All DC can do is just create these out of the blue villains with impossibel strength then when superman fights them its like, "ohh he reached down deep, oh he took a dip and the sun and went super sayjian 1,000,000. It's the same concept with superman everytime, he's become impossibly formulaic. You can't put Superman up against any other than abstract cosmic beings. Superman is a walking plot device and is not a character worth debating because he keeps a cop out in his wallet right next to his american express card.

Validus
Read the current Superman arc in Superman and Action along with All Star. Good stuff that doesn't involve Clark punching his problems away. I'm not a fan of that Superman either but written well, he's great. I refer to the punch his problems away Superman as Loeb's "Powerman". smile

Dynamic One
If Superman was well written then he'd be great. This is true because i'll take the opposite stance he's this all powerful being and he's just trying to fit in with regualr everyday people. Thats the interesting things with Clark. then you have this all powerful being who struggles with his god complex. And argues with himself daily, "why shouldn't i just take over the world?" There are some people in the DC verse that I liek Bats (though he's gettint o that Superman level), the question, and green arrow. these are superheros that can be related too. I'm not saying make superman liek these charcters, but give this dude some more depth. Put him in a fight where his super powers are a disadvantage, or make him refelct on who he is. Put him in a situation where he is at odds with a majority of the hero's. Supes has a lot of potential, wow i type a lot. but DC doesn't explore it.

Creshosk
superman only go's 90 speed of light. thats fast but not flash speed and if you say superman can hang with flash when it comes to speed then you are really stupid. when zoom and flash was fighting superman even said he couldn't even see them thats how fast the flash can really move. When did I ever say he could hang with the flash?
Have you seen the Flash's Nuke Evac trick?

Did you do the math?

Then you should now that Flash moved at hundreds of times the speed of light. even upwards of thousands.

And guess what? You're that Guy who accused me of being a DC fanboy for being well informed and using logic to form my opinions. As opposed to you who just prevoed once again to not know what the hell you're talking about.

why we getting up tight about comics. lol I blamed the stick lodged up your ass personally. Though it could be the way you were raised by your maternal parent.

Validus
If Superman was well written then he'd be great. This is true because i'll take the opposite stance he's this all powerful being and he's just trying to fit in with regualr everyday people. Thats the interesting things with Clark. then you have this all powerful being who struggles with his god complex. And argues with himself daily, "why shouldn't i just take over the world?" There are some people in the DC verse that I liek Bats (though he's gettint o that Superman level), the question, and green arrow. these are superheros that can be related too. I'm not saying make superman liek these charcters, but give this dude some more depth. Put him in a fight where his super powers are a disadvantage, or make him refelct on who he is. Put him in a situation where he is at odds with a majority of the hero's. Supes has a lot of potential, wow i type a lot. but DC doesn't explore it.
I'm telling you, you'd love the current arc running in the Super books. He's powerless so it's just Clark Kent dealing with a lot of stuff and figuring out how to help the world without powers. Very good writing.

All-Star is just plain old, silver age style fun. #3 is one of my favorite single issues in awhile.

roughrider
I don't see what's stopping hulk from getting angry to the point where he just knocks supes.

Not to say crossovers are the be-and-end all, but Hulk has had at least three cracks at Superman over the decades. For all the claims that no one can stand toe-to-toe with an enraged Hulk, Superman has successfully outbrawled and outpunched him each time.
And stop with the Doomsday comparisons. DD has regenerative twists to his body that Hulk doesn't have.
Writers will use whatever PIS or CIS they feel like to entertain a reader, anyway. One issue, Hulk gets knocked out by Namor or Titanus; another, a whole team of Avengers can't stop him.
Hulk can be a tough match for many characters, but Superman's versatility puts him a class above.

Juntai
I'm telling you, you'd love the current arc running in the Super books. He's powerless so it's just Clark Kent dealing with a lot of stuff and figuring out how to help the world without powers. Very good writing.

All-Star is just plain old, silver age style fun. #3 is one of my favorite single issues in awhile. I'm loving all star Superman as well. I always find it being among my favorite books each time it drops.

Did you read the latest issue of the Up Up and Away series?
I think Clark will deny you-know-who. And if he doesn't, that'd be insane.

inamilist

All-Star is just plain old, silver age style fun. #3 is one of my favorite single issues in awhile.

all star is amazing

i didnt know 3 was out yet smile

hurray!!

JohnR
Superman should beat the Hulk practically every time, but the super-speed argument is getting tiring. The instances of Superman showing Flash-level speed are very rare. Yes, he has some high-level speed feats, but these could be considered as out-of-character as him not having any super-speed at all.

Superman doesn't even move Mach speed in combat (usually), let alone light-speed. Neither does Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel. Their really high speed showings seem just as stupid to me as writers ignoring their super-speed. If we went by some sort of average, how fast are any of them in combat? 100 mph?

Juntai
Originally posted by JohnR
Superman should beat the Hulk practically every time, but the super-speed argument is getting tiring. The instances of Superman showing Flash-level speed are very rare. Yes, he has some high-level speed feats, but these could be considered as out-of-character as him not having any super-speed at all.

Superman doesn't even move Mach speed in combat (usually), let alone light-speed. Neither does Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel. Their really high speed showings seem just as stupid to me as writers ignoring their super-speed. If we went by some sort of average, how fast are any of them in combat? 100 mph? Superman in recent times does frequently enough just speedblitz opponents and rids himself of the problem.

JohnR
I think there's a difference between "speed blitz" speed and combat speed. Could Superman speed blitz the Hulk? Sure, but then what? Just how fast does Superman usually move in combat?

Superman seems quick, but not one-million-punches-in-a-second quick. Superman's speed should give him an edge in combat, but not an automatic win.

I don't doubt that Superman can move faster than Spider-Man, but how often does he dodge blows as well? Just how fast is Superman if he really uses his super-speed in combat? I could buy thousands of miles per hour since he can move much faster than a bullet, but that should be his limit barring plot devices.

Tshern
Sure, but usually when we are considering matches we don't think how would they be written in comics, but how would it really turn out if they gave everything they've got.

Juntai
Hm?

Juntai
Or

Juntai
Dodges Mongul until he's completely winded?

Juntai
Another part of that same fight ^

Tshern
I dislike Supes like hell, but still I say he wins easily. Of course it wouldn't be wise for Superman to fight toe-to-toe, but he isn't stupid enough to do that. He could speedblitz, fry him and whole lot of other stuff. There's no way Hulk pulls out victories if Supes doesn't let him do so.

spetznaz
Originally posted by JohnR
I think there's a difference between "speed blitz" speed and combat speed. Could Superman speed blitz the Hulk? Sure, but then what? Just how fast does Superman usually move in combat?

Check the scans Juntai posted.

With Superman's speed advantage alone, the Hulk wouldn't even be able to TOUCH him. Superman could dodge the blows, swarm all over the Hulk, or simply vibrate too fast for the Hulk's blows to strike solid matter!

Actually it does come as close as one can to an automatic win ......unless the character he is matched up against is a) As Fast b) (even better) Faster c) Omnipresent (like Ion, in which case speed doesn't matter much since he is literally 'everywhere'), or d) has some exotic ability that negates the speed advantage (eg speed wouldn't work against the Spectre for instance).

The Hulk has none of the above (since what he is, when distilled, is a green-hued brawler with enormous strength), and thus in such a case the speed levels of Superman make it essentially an automatic win.

Again check the scans above.

As for speed I have other scans that show his speed capabilities (including one where he breaks the speed of light).
BTW, you seem to have a problem with the top speed of Superman. Do you have the same problem with the Silver Surfer being able to go at a 'many times the speed of light,' or is that alright?

meep-meep
Originally posted by Tshern
I dislike Supes like hell, but still I say he wins easily. Of course it wouldn't be wise for Superman to fight toe-to-toe, but he isn't stupid enough to do that. He could speedblitz, fry him and whole lot of other stuff. There's no way Hulk pulls out victories if Supes doesn't let him do so.

Even if they fought toe to toe Supes would still win. His superior speed, equal strength and physical durabilty is enough for him to walk away from this fight the winner.

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
I'm loving all star Superman as well. I always find it being among my favorite books each time it drops.

Did you read the latest issue of the Up Up and Away series?
I think Clark will deny you-know-who. And if he doesn't, that'd be insane.
It'd be cool to see for one issue at least. Such a tease though. sad

JohnR
Originally posted by spetznaz
BTW, you seem to have a problem with the top speed of Superman. Do you have the same problem with the Silver Surfer being able to go at a 'many times the speed of light,' or is that alright?

Not as travel speed. If the Silver Surfer starts punching people thousands of times per second, it'll seem even more inconsistent than for Supes.

JohnR
I guess we'll have to chalk up Superman's battles against Darkseid as proving that Darkseid has Flash-level speed.

Tshern
I meant that they would fight with negated speed difference so that Supes would go blow to blow with Hulk without dodging. And yeah, I know Supes would still win. I apologize the incoherency of my previous post.

samishe
I belive that if they fought toe-to-toe Hulk would win. His physical strength is still greater than Supes.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by samishe
I belive that if they fought toe-to-toe Hulk would win. His physical strength is still greater than Supes.

agreed.

Tshern
But Supes has a definite advantage in endurance.

Validus
It can be. His base level is a good deal below Supes.

samishe
It can be. His base level is a good deal below Supes.

True, but the longer they fight, the stronger Hulk would become.

manjaro

becuase superman has said on a few occasions that even when he is figting his bitterst enemies he's still only using a fraction of his power.. cuz he's afraid that his unfettered rage would destroy the Earth...
look at his death matc h with Doomsday, the whole time he was just trying to restrain him or get him away from innocents, he wasnt blood lusted or anything and doomday went down regarldless

it makes sense to me that he is holding back cuz look at what happened when luthor was controlling Kon-el...he was owning the shit outta every body like a real top tier super duper strong guy. even casually swatting away the like of starfire, and cyborg like they were nothing...and he's only about 40 or 45% of supes full potential(could be cuz he's still a teenager)

so i believe that superman's strentgh far out strips hulk, but thats just me....i dont know how mad one can get or how much of an adrenaline surge one can experice but hulk would have to be really really really amped to match superman's full potential..strentgh coupled with speed and versailty...vision powers.... hurricane breath big grin sonic clap(which hulk has too) and a wwhole gambit of other shit, hulk is going down.....no matter what incarnation......well maybe warhlk with his energy manipulation sword tingies could find the right frequency of radiation to disable him, but thats about it as far as i see it

Validus
True, but the longer they fight, the stronger Hulk would become.
Thor stalemated Hulk for an hour. Clark would end the fight much quicker due to the speed factor.

samishe
Thor stalemated Hulk for an hour. Clark would end the fight much quicker due to speed factor.

I have no doubt that Supes wins this if uses his full speed.
We are talking now about toe-to-toe fight. Like boxing match.

roughrider

And Clark has won that way, too.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Tshern
I meant that they would fight with negated speed difference so that Supes would go blow to blow with Hulk without dodging. And yeah, I know Supes would still win. I apologize the incoherency of my previous post.

Without the speed difference? Well, than it's more even. But it's silly to take away all of supermans powers in order to make the match "fair" if you ask me.

So, I think if superman decided to go mano a mano with Hulk without the speedd advantage the fight would probably be a stalematein my opinion. I'll tell you why. Their strength levels are roughly equal and that's being generous to Hulk. Superman and Hulk both have ridiculous feats to their credit. The Hulks regenerative properties give him something but I've never seen Supermans flesh charred anyway. I'd guess they are about equal in durability. Maybe Superman gets a very slight advantage. Fighting techniques between the two aren't exactly similiar. Superman is probably the better fighter of the two considering mindless or savage Hulk pretty huch only rely on throwing haymakers. So, although Superman seems to have more advantages I'll give the Hulk the benefit of the doubt and make it a stalemate.

samishe
Originally posted by roughrider
And Clark has won that way, too.

One word. Fanvoted.

samishe
Originally posted by meep-meep
Without the speed difference? Well, than it's more even. But it's silly to take away all of supermans powers in order to make the match "fair" if you ask me.

So, I think if superman decided to go mano a mano with Hulk without the speedd advantage the fight would probably be a stalematein my opinion. I'll tell you why. Their strength levels are roughly equal and that's being generous to Hulk. Superman and Hulk both have ridiculous feats to their credit. The Hulks regenerative properties give him something but I've never seen Supermans flesh charred anyway. I'd guess they are about equal in durability. Maybe Superman gets a very slight advantage. Fighting techniques between the two aren't exactly similiar. Superman is probably the better fighter of the two considering mindless or savage Hulk pretty huch only rely on throwing haymakers. So, although Superman seems to have more advantages I'll give the Hulk the benefit of the doubt and make it a stalemate.

Hulk's strength IS greater than Supes. Superman has limit. Hulk doesn't.

Validus
Speed counts for that too. Toe to toe, Hulk can't touch him, period. Trying to make circumstances where he can just shows his inferiority.

spetznaz

Hulk's strength is NOT greater than Supes .....what it has is the POTENTIAL to be greater than Superman, that is if the Hulk is given sufficient time to achieve that level in the first place.
There is a huge difference between being something and having the potential to be something.

For instance China has the potential to be a bigger world power than the United States.
However that is only potential (and many things could, and probably will, happen to derail such an eventuality .....particularly when it comes to socio-demographics).
China has the potential ....but that is all that it has: potential. The US is still the top-dog in the pound.

meep-meep

Hulk's initial strength isn't greater than Superman's. Like I said before they both have great strength feats making them roughly equal in that category. Hulk has the Potential for unlimited strength but that also depends on how long the fight goes on for. My guess is that each have the ability to score a knockout but due to his physical durability and greater endurance I think Superman has a greater chance at doing it. But to give Hulk the benefit of the doubt I'll speculate and say he has greater strength, but not by much. And again I'll give Hulk the benefit of the doubt and say it's a stalemate.

samishe
Hulk's strength is NOT greater than Supes .....what it has is the POTENTIAL to be greater than Superman, that is if the Hulk is given sufficient time to achieve that level in the first place.
There is a huge difference between being something and having the potential to be something.

For instance China has the potential to be a bigger world power than the United States.
However that is only potential (and many things could, and probably will, happen to derail such an eventuality .....particularly when it comes to socio-demographics).
China has the potential ....but that is all that it has: potential. The US is still the top-dog in the pound.

You're comparing two different things.
You say that during the fight Hulk won't be able to reach that level of strength that's greater than Superman's. I'm saying that he could reach strength level greater than Supes in fact.

grey fox

samishe

DraconaInVolata
Knowing the way it would be written in a comic, Superman would just fight hand to hand, like he did in DC vs Marvel, but he still outclasses Hulk in that department. However, on these forums, Hulk gets whomped.

grey fox
12,000,000,000,000 tones?? Wikepedia says different.

I swear i read somewhere that he can lift twelve billion ton's ( at an estimate of course)

grey fox
Originally posted by DraconaInVolata
Knowing the way it would be written in a comic, Superman would just fight hand to hand, like he did in DC vs Marvel, but he still outclasses Hulk in that department. However, on these forums, Hulk gets whomped.

Seriously whomped.

samishe
Originally posted by grey fox
I swear i read somewhere that he can lift twelve billion ton's ( at an estimate of course)

Ok. confused I just thought he's a little bit weaker.

Validus
You can't really put a number on his strength. It's portrayed as sufficient enough to accomplish whatever job needs to be done.

DraconaInVolata
Originally posted by grey fox
Seriously whomped.

I think this would be a good portrayal
http://www.obleek.com/stuff/ww2ol/pwned/pwned6.jpg

grey fox
I think this would be a good portrayal
http://www.obleek.com/stuff/ww2ol/pwned/pwned6.jpg

thumb up Nice

roughrider
One word. Fanvoted.

Once was fanvoted. It happened two other times as well.

grey fox
Originally posted by roughrider
Once was fanvoted. It happened two other times as well.

Name them please.

spetznaz
12,000,000,000,000 tones?? Wikepedia says different.

1) Wikipedia is not a concrete source .....it is best to use Superman's portrayal in comics.

2) Even then, what does Wikipedia say? It states the following:
"Inevitably, Superman's powers have grown again since then, with Superman possessing enough strength to hurl mountains and, with effort, stop entire planets in their orbits."
Now, how much strength does one need to hurl mountains, or for that matter to stop a planet's orbit?
Thus when you say Wikipedia says otherwise what do you mean?

You are grasping at straws now Samishe .......furthermore it is interesting that in Grey Fox's post (where he compared the Hulk and Superman) you only concentrated on just that one part. Does that mean you had no answer for the other comparisons? Or maybe, horror of horrors, you agreed with them (although I'm pretty certain that cannot have been the case .....after all Superman is a DC character)?

Anyways .....I am curious: How strong do YOU think Superman is? If you had to give a figure, what would it be?
Would you say he has the ability to lift the awe-inspiring, mind-boggling, reality-rending figure of a ......wait for this ....100 tons?
(even though were that the case he wouldn't be able to lift two M1A1 Abrams tanks at the same time, since each weigh around 69.5 tons, and goodness help him if he needs to lift a Cruise Ship which can weigh between 70,000 to 100,000 tons!)

Just remember that DC has a different strength system than Marvel ....but all the same I am curious as to what strength level you think Superman is at. Should be interesting.

Wolverine2006
Hulk can, and we tear Supes apart

inamilist
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Hulk can, and we tear Supes apart

we?

Wolverine2006
I meant he

inamilist
lol, ah, that makes a lot more sense

Wolverine2006
Yes....almost too much sense

batdude123
Originally posted by inamilist
lol, ah, that makes a lot more sense

Actually I think the "we" part makes more sense than this. stick out tongue

TheKahn
I wonder why people seem to forget that individuals far weaker than Superman have knocked the Hulk out before. sad

Wolverine2006
Ya I would just tear the comic in half, or the very popular lighting it on fire in front of a Superman fan...Hulk and I would taste sweet victory off the tears of that pudgy boys face

batdude123
Ya I would just tear the comic in half, or the very popular lighting it on fire in front of a Superman fan...Hulk and I would taste sweet victory off the tears of that pudgy boys face

Explain to me how in the hell does Hulk even get a glimpse at Superman before he gets his ass knocked out?

Wolverine2006
by eating his face

batdude123
by eating his face

doh roll eyes (sarcastic)

DraconaInVolata
Hulk rip

batdude123
Hulk rip

yes

Wolverine2006
That was a joke...

...People have hit Superman without Superspeed before...a sad ex. is Batman

DraconaInVolata
That's what we call bad writing.

batdude123
That's what we call bad writing.

That's not exactly bad writing, it's just that Superman didn't want to smash Bruce's face in. yes

dman2008
That was a joke...

...People have hit Superman without Superspeed before...a sad ex. is Batman

no

Without any Kryptonite or magic Batman loses horribly to Supes as seen in Death in the familly and Superman Sacrifice.

Please actually read some Superman Comics

lifeisaglich
yeah and superman is not always in superspeed mode.

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by dman2008
no

Without any Kryptonite or magic Batman loses horribly to Supes as seen in Death in the familly and Superman Sacrifice.

Please actually read some Superman Comics

And WTH r u talking about...I'm saying Batman has hit him...and it was when Superman was evil from Posion Ivy

TheKahn
And WTH r u talking about...I'm saying Batman has hit him...and it was when Superman was evil from Posion Ivy

Superman has sated multiple times that he holds back when fighting people. Why does he do this? Well first of all he doesn't want to accidentally hurt even bad guys and secondly there are only a few beings in the DC universe capable of actually hurting him. A Superman using only half of his potential could easily handle the Hulk.

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by TheKahn
Superman has sated multiple times that he holds back when fighting people. Why does he do this? Well first of all he doesn't want to accidentally hurt even bad guys and secondly there are only a few beings in the DC universe capable of actually hurting him. A Superman using only half of his potential could easily handle the Hulk.

Hell no...Hulk would kill him.

Lazer vision...doesnt do anything

Superspeed...anyone remember Speeddemon?

Flying...jumping miles in the air

Superstrength...Limitless strength

Ice breath...does nothing

X-ray vision...does nothing

inamilist
alright, in this picture we have Man-Thing burning the Hulk's head.

This is an EXTREME durability and regeneration feat for the Hulk, if its not in the respect thread, it should be, considering the acid is a OHKO to characters with cl100 str and mega enhanced durability

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1952/manthingresistance7uv.th.jpg

notice how it is damaging the hulk.

Superman's heat vision can apparently be as hot as the sun. Superman burns Hulk to death very easily and quickly, from a range beyond the hulk

batdude123
Originally posted by inamilist
alright, in this picture we have Man-Thing burning the Hulk's head.

This is an EXTREME durability and regeneration feat for the Hulk, if its not in the respect thread, it should be, considering the acid is a OHKO to characters with cl100 str and mega enhanced durability

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1952/manthingresistance7uv.th.jpg

notice how it is damaging the hulk.

Superman's heat vision can apparently be as hot as the sun. Superman burns Hulk to death very easily and quickly, from a range beyond the hulk

HOTTER than the sun. wink

Validus

Flat out wrong. Heat hotter than the sun will do something to almost anyone. Hulk isn't a cosmic character.

Speed Demon - Speed of Sound
Superman - Speed of light

Nice try.

no expression

Wolverine2006
Hold on I got one the will make u cry...if I find it

Wolverine2006
Here it is but its kinda small

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Hulk+healing+factor/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/ ;_ylt=A0Je5m2gqCxEhUcARjGjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNW
N0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11tb41o66/EXP=1143863840/*-http%3A//www.incrediblehulk.com/healing.JPG

Wolverine2006
As I said before nothing^

inamilist
Here it is but its kinda small

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Hulk+healing+factor/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/ ;_ylt=A0Je5m2gqCxEhUcARjGjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNW
N0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11tb41o66/EXP=1143863840/*-http%3A//www.incrediblehulk.com/healing.JPG

there wouldnt be anything left to regenerate from

only carbon ash

TheKahn
Hell no...Hulk would kill him.

Superstrength...Limitless strength

Ice breath...does nothing

X-ray vision...does nothing

Laser vision - might kill the Hulk outright. Once again Superman's heat vision is hotter than the sun and the hulk has been severely burned by much lower temperature. A constant attack of heat vision with no reprieve for the Hulk to heal could win it.

Superspeed - Only someone with a complete and total lack of knowledge of Superman and Speeddemon would compare their speeds.

Flying - Superman flys and the Hulk jumps. All jumping does is reduce your mobility. As the Hulk lacks any means of propulsion he would not be able to actually change his direction after he left the ground.

Superstrength - Hulk potentially has unlimited strength. His base level isn't that high and Superman's speed makes it impossible for the Hulk to hit him no matter what his strength. Also, far weaker individuals that Superman have k.o.ed the Hulk before.

Ice breath - could serve to momentarily contain the Hulk. Eventually he would become angry enough to break free but it still could be useful.

X-Ray vision - confused its not an offensive attack.....

Validus
http://members.lycos.co.uk/shurukudemon/superscans/PCsuperman-vs-hulk1f-spliced.jpg

Nothing indeed. shifty

batdude123
Big freakin' deal! Of course if you give Hulk TIME to heal he will in a few short minutes if not, seconds. However, Superman would just keep beaming Hulk until he sees a pile of ashes on the ground. Hulk wouldn't heal from that, he isn't immortal you know. wink

Wolverine2006
http://members.lycos.co.uk/shurukudemon/superscans/PCsuperman-vs-hulk1f-spliced.jpg

Nothing indeed. shifty

Thats either PC Supes or he has just got alot weaker from then

Heres the Smart Hulk that no one likes hitting him

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Hulk+vs+superman/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/ ;_ylt=A0Je5mg5qixEOpYAxQejzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNW
N0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12c6eccgd/EXP=1143864249/*-http%3A//www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/Hulkdc.jpg

Validus
Thats either PC Supes or he has just got alot weaker from then

Heres the Smart Hulk that no one likes hitting him

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Hulk+vs+superman/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/ ;_ylt=A0Je5mg5qixEOpYAxQejzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNW
N0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12c6eccgd/EXP=1143864249/*-http%3A//www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/Hulkdc.jpg
Hulk's strength is limitless right? He should crush any Superman by your definition. Or are you saying Hulk has a "limit"?

Wolverine2006
He didnt have enough time to get angry enough...but if he did get angry enough since his strength is limitless he could

Validus
How much time do you think Hulk needs to match Superman?

batdude123
Cross-overs aren't cannon. You know that, right Wolverine2006?

samishe
You can't really put a number on his strength. It's portrayed as sufficient enough to accomplish whatever job needs to be done.

Where did you get that from?? confused

samishe
1) Wikipedia is not a concrete source .....it is best to use Superman's portrayal in comics.

2) Even then, what does Wikipedia say? It states the following:
"Inevitably, Superman's powers have grown again since then, with Superman possessing enough strength to hurl mountains and, with effort, stop entire planets in their orbits."
Now, how much strength does one need to hurl mountains, or for that matter to stop a planet's orbit?
Thus when you say Wikipedia says otherwise what do you mean?

You are grasping at straws now Samishe .......furthermore it is interesting that in Grey Fox's post (where he compared the Hulk and Superman) you only concentrated on just that one part. Does that mean you had no answer for the other comparisons? Or maybe, horror of horrors, you agreed with them (although I'm pretty certain that cannot have been the case .....after all Superman is a DC character)?

Anyways .....I am curious: How strong do YOU think Superman is? If you had to give a figure, what would it be?
Would you say he has the ability to lift the awe-inspiring, mind-boggling, reality-rending figure of a ......wait for this ....100 tons?
(even though were that the case he wouldn't be able to lift two M1A1 Abrams tanks at the same time, since each weigh around 69.5 tons, and goodness help him if he needs to lift a Cruise Ship which can weigh between 70,000 to 100,000 tons!)

Just remember that DC has a different strength system than Marvel ....but all the same I am curious as to what strength level you think Superman is at. Should be interesting.

Listen spetznaz, i know he could lift FAR above 100 tonnes. I doubted that he could lift 12000000000 tonnes only because i read somewhere(not sure where) exact number of tonnes he could lift and it was under 12000000000.
Why you people always turn everything personal?!
Again i have no doubt supes wins in this fight.
All i said was that Hulk doesn't have strength limit, Supes has. And anyone who'll argue with that is simply overrating him a little or just a fanboy.

DarkCrawler
Listen spetznaz, i know he could lift FAR above 100 tonnes. I doubted that he could lift 12000000000 tonnes only because i read somewhere(not sure where) exact number of tonnes he could lift and it was under 12000000000.

Then it isn't official.

Juntai
Why you people always turn everything personal?!
Again i have no doubt supes wins in this fight.
All i said was that Hulk doesn't have strength limit, Supes has. And anyone who'll argue with that is simply overrating him a little or just a fanboy. Supes doesn't have a strength limit either, in fact, he can amp ALL of his powers...as he stresses he draws in more and more solar energy and amps with it. And he's severely dimishing the life of our star by doing it.

TheKahn
Supes doesn't have a strength limit either, in fact, he can amp ALL of his powers...as he stresses he draws in more and more solar energy and amps with it. And he's severely dimishing the life of our star by doing it.

That dick! mad

Juntai
Originally posted by TheKahn
That dick! mad It's still a LONG time down the road though, lol.

MattDay
strength with these two is limitless, they will always raise to the physical challenge no matter what so that goes out the window.

Judging by overall skills, speed, feats, and so on... supes wins pretty much all the time, dont forget he could do a cannon ball like charge at near light speed which would make hulk atleast be bruised, winded and flew through a couple of mountains.

inamilist
It's still a LONG time down the road though, lol.

pfft

6 billion years may be a long time for you

Validus
Where did you get that from?? confused
Logic

grey fox
Supes doesn't have a strength limit either, in fact, he can amp ALL of his powers...as he stresses he draws in more and more solar energy and amps with it. And he's severely dimishing the life of our star by doing it.

Superman : Killing our ancestors slowly....

Autarch
I've always related more to Superman (especially pre-crisis supergenius Superman) more than the other DC heroes. I always did like Heinlein more than Asimov *shrugs*. Demigods, I think, are a lot more entertaining than some screw-up with some random superabilities.

Jarshewa
Has the hulk dies in any universe?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>