Team Flash Vs. Team Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
O.K., it's the ultimate showdown between the speedsters and the ringsters...the Flashs' and the Green Lanterns' in an all out battle...

TEAM FLASH :

1. Jay Garrick
2. Barry Allen
3. Wally West
4. Bart Allen (Kid-Flash)
5. Professor Zoom (Reverse Flash)

VS.

TEAM LANTERN :

1. Hal Jordan
2. Kyle Rayner
3. Alan Scott
4. Kilowog
5. John Stewart

SO, WHO WINS THE WAR BETWEEN THE SPEEDSTERS AND THE RINGSTERS ???

There's no prep, and the fight takes place on and around a large, desert planet the size of Jupiter in another galaxy....

Validus
There's nothing the Lanterns can do to stop from being blitzed with Infinite Mass Punches right off the bat. If they're allowed to get going, however, the Flashes are screwed.

ALEMASTER
well in fact the flashes (speedsters) would win for there ring works as fast as they think and there will power determins there strength so this would happen

speedsters team speed blitz and pummel them until there on the floor then they will kick ths s**t out of them even if they did manage to put a shield up there will power would be screwed after the the pumeling

Wally West
Team Lantern wins. Lanterns can move at superspeed too and have been shown to have autoshields. And they just have way to much versitility and power with their rings.

grey fox
Team flash.

The ring works at 'the speed of thought' . The average humans thought speed is 0.6 milliseconds. To the flashes that is like watching a fat-man compete in a hundred mile cross country run.

The only one who won't be able to infinity mass punch the 'Ringsters' to death is Jay Garrik who (As noted in IC) has problems keeping up with the current flashes.

Also is this Ion-Kyle or just your basic GL Kyle ?

Validus
Wouldn't make sense to use Ion.

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
Wouldn't make sense to use Ion.

Then team flash definitely wins....

thesilverspider
Lanterns win unless a speed blitz from the get go(what Ion said)
but I still see the lanterns winning the majority.

grey fox
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Lanterns win unless a speed blitz from the get go(what Ion said)
but I still see the lanterns winning the majority.

How ?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Validus
There's nothing the Lanterns can do to stop from being blitzed with Infinite Mass Punches right off the bat. If they're allowed to get going, however, the Flashes are screwed.

Indeed. Thats what it al depens on. The OP needs to make it clear whether the GL's are already going. Or is there a large distance between the two teams?

If not, Validus is right.

batdude123
I see this fight lasting all but a microsecond.

jrodslam
Comicbook_kid needs to state if there is distance between the two teams and/or if the Lanterns are already going.

grey fox
Originally posted by jrodslam
Comicbook_kid needs to state if there is distance between the two teams and/or if the Lanterns are already going.

Has a Gl shield ever been broken ?

jrodslam
Originally posted by grey fox
Has a Gl shield ever been broken ?

Ofcourse. But when concentrated on really hard, its ALMOST impossible.

If something is life-threatening, the ring woulf automatically protect the wearer. The shield wont break then.

grey fox
Ofcourse. But when concentrated on really hard, its ALMOST impossible.

If something is life-threatening, the ring woulf automatically protect the wearer. The shield wont break then.

But can the shield hold back the force of a white dwarf star ?

Also , couldn't the various flashes just vibrate through the shield ?

jrodslam
But can the shield hold back the force of a white dwarf star ?

Also , couldn't the various flashes just vibrate through the shield ?

The shield took supernovas and 300 megaton blasts(that Superman may not have survived). Im pretty confident it can block out the force of a white dwarf star.

Ive personally never seen a Flash vibrate through the shield. Maybe someone else has, but i sure havent. Ive never seen a Flash vibrate through any type of shield really. I dont have every Flash appearance, but wouldnt that mess up his molecules? Since most shields are energy based? I could be wrong though.

grey fox
Doubt it , and a supernova varies with the white-dwarf star's nova usually being one of the most powerful....

Dizzle
I've seen Wally get through one forcefield, but he actaully needed Hal to rearrange the particles for an instant in order for him to do so.

Is this Alan Scott as Sentinal or as a GL? Sentinal would likely murder all of them, but if it's all normal GL's, the Flashes kill them pretty easy. WAY too much time control.

jrodslam
What is it that you doubt?

Has anyone ever seen a white drarf star's nova? Flash hit with the force of a white dwarf star. Not its nova. When he hit Reverse Flash, it didnt even make a sonic boom if im not mistaken.

batdude123
The shield took supernovas and 300 megaton blasts(that Superman may not have survived). Im pretty confident it can block out the force of a white dwarf star.

Ive personally never seen a Flash vibrate through the shield. Maybe someone else has, but i sure havent. Ive never seen a Flash vibrate through any type of shield really. I dont have every Flash appearance, but wouldnt that mess up his molecules? Since most shields are energy based? I could be wrong though.

I've seen GL Kyle struggle to keep up a shield in the middle of a nuclear explosion and you're saying that they can hold up through novas?

grey fox
What is it that you doubt?

Has anyone ever seen a white drarf star's nova? Flash hit with the force of a white dwarf star. Not its nova. When he hit Reverse Flash, it didnt even make a sonic boom if im not mistaken.

Because comic book writers are stupid Jrod , if we were on the payroll it would be stated clearly when supes is going over lightspeed and wally's is hitting someone hard enough to cause their entire body to liquefy.

jrodslam
Originally posted by batdude123
I've seen GL Kyle struggle to keep up a shield in the middle of a nuclear explosion and you're saying that they can hold up through novas?

Youre bringing up a low end feat. Im not saying GL's can hold up through a nova in a hypothetical sense. Im saying they have done it as its already been done. They can do it.

jrodslam
Because comic book writers are stupid Jrod , if we were on the payroll it would be stated clearly when supes is going over lightspeed and wally's is hitting someone hard enough to cause their entire body to liquefy.

laughing Indeed they are. But still. Flash hit with the force of the star and not its nova. I wish we were on the payroll.

grey fox
laughing Indeed they are. But still. Flash hit with the force of the star and not its nova. I wish we were on the payroll.

Indeed , i'd be taking power-pack off the line and bring back slingers....

Magee
At the climax of a Supernova, the star releases more energy than all other stars in the universe combined, however I know things are different in the comic book world wink

Wally West
None of the Flashes could reach lightspeed quick enough before the Lantern's reacted and had their shields up.

Many Green Lantern's have been seen to move at superspeeds anyway which requires incredible reflexes and reactions, go to the Kyle Rayner respect thread and theres a scan of him keeping up with Flash (Wally). John Stewart was fast enough on the draw to stick Superman in a construct when he was moving at superspeeds in the Sacrifice arc. And, someone correct me if I'm wrong as its ages since I read it and it might not be in continuity, but theres a JLA issue where Flash gets put into a bubble by some Green Lantern and he is stuck in it for ages and has to ram himself into a mountain at huge speeds to break it, and breaks his nose in the process.

Team Flash be screwed, that Green Lantern team is badass.

Edit: Forget what I wrote about Zoom, I thought it was Zoom II, the Flashes have even less chance now.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Wally West
None of the Flashes could reach lightspeed quick enough before the Lantern's reacted and had their shields up.

Many Green Lantern's have been seen to move at superspeeds anyway which requires incredible reflexes and reactions, go to the Kyle Rayner respect thread and theres a scan of him keeping up with Flash (Wally). John Stewart was fast enough on the draw to stick Superman in a construct when he was moving at superspeeds in the Sacrifice arc. And, someone correct me if I'm wrong as its ages since I read it and it might not be in continuity, but theres a JLA issue where Flash gets put into a bubble by some Green Lantern and he is stuck in it for ages and has to ram himself into a mountain at huge speeds to break it, and breaks his nose in the process.

Team Flash be screwed, that Green Lantern team is badass.

Edit: Forget what I wrote about Zoom, I thought it was Zoom II, the Flashes have even less chance now.

Oh, I was thinking Zoom II as well... Whatever, Wally by himself can take all of the GL's by his lonesome, provided this is old school Alan, as opposed to Sentinel. Even if the Lanterns can get up shields, time isn't exactly an object to Wally... As soon as the fight starts (and probably a good amount before the GL's react... Wally's been clocked reacting withint microseconds, picoseconds, etc) he can stop time and kill them at his leisure. Flash is crazy.

grey fox
Originally posted by Dizzle
Oh, I was thinking Zoom II as well... Whatever, Wally by himself can take all of the GL's by his lonesome, provided this is old school Alan, as opposed to Sentinel. Even if the Lanterns can get up shields, time isn't exactly an object to Wally... As soon as the fight starts (and probably a good amount before the GL's react... Wally's been clocked reacting withint microseconds, picoseconds, etc) he can stop time and kill them at his leisure. Flash is crazy.

Very crazy.....

Wally West
Since when can Flash stop time?

TheKahn

Green Lanterns can alter time too.... shifty

jrodslam
Flash doesnt really stop time. He just moves so fast time is stopped to him. GL has stoped time. Or maybe it was due to things happening so fast as well. Either way, both are capable of time travel and or nulling time.

Dizzle
Flash doesnt really stop time. He just moves so fast time is stopped to him. GL has stoped time. Or maybe it was due to things happening so fast as well. Either way, both are capable of time travel and or nulling time.

Basically. Because of this, the winner will naturally be the one who pulls it off first. And I'm definitely willing to bank on the Flashes being faster.

When I say stop time, I mean taking speed from everyone in the area. He DID drain the entire Earth, a few GL's shouldn't be too much of a problem.

jrodslam
Basically. Because of this, the winner will naturally be the one who pulls it off first. And I'm definitely willing to bank on the Flashes being faster.

When I say stop time, I mean taking speed from everyone in the area. He DID drain the entire Earth, a few GL's shouldn't be too much of a problem.

True. Hal, however has been capable of moving at lightspeeds. When GL's are operating close to eachother, their power becomes amplified. Speed. power etc.

Also true Flash did trake speed from an entire planet. They were also willing to give it to him. To this day, i still dont gethow that works cause Flash needs to be touching the person or at least in arms reach. This fight CAN be a good one. It just depends on alot of things.

Comicbook_kid

Hey guys, just wanted to elaborate on something that seems to be confusing some people...

Yes, both teams are on opposite sides of the planet before the fight begins. Sorry for not making that clear before. Team Flash is on one side of the planet, Team Lantern is on the other side. Now remember that the planet they're on is several times larger than our solar system's Jupiter. So, both teams will already be up and running once they meet...
So, with this bit of knowledge, which team will be victorious???

Also, what is the difference between the original standard Alan Scott GL and Sentinel GL? And also, can someone explain what Ion Kyle is? How is this different from regular Kyle GL?

Validus
Well, Ion was a god in every sense of the word. Normal Kyle isn't. Sentinel is an amped up Alan to put it simply.

And I'd give Team Lantern the wins now.

jrodslam
Same here. Lanterns win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.