Asgardian Destroyer vs the Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
We've had a lot of Destroyer-vs threads lately; I figured this match-up was inevitable. Still, I'll make it a little more interesting.

How would the Destroyer do against Sentry if...
1) YOU were animating it.
-- or --
2) if a tactical fighter (Batman, Iron Man) were animating it...
-- or --
3) does it even matter?

Personally, I don't think it matters, though a tactical mind would make the job go faster.

Ex11B
What a fight it would be.

grey fox
Me- I'd screw it up and be too busying disintegrating crap to even notice as i got speedblitzed....

Bats - He wins , no screwing around just a simple win....

TheKahn
Personally I tend to think it really doesn't make that big a difference as the power difference between the Destroyer and just about anybody else would be enough to ensure victory. Also the Destroyer's programming would take over in most cases no matter who is using it.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/destroyer.htm

"The Destroyer was mystically endowed by Odin with its own intelligence and personality and was "programmed" by Odin to battle and to destroy, especially to destroy the first being it sees on becoming activated. Usually, a human being or Asgardian who projects his or her life force into the Destroyer will be unable to assert his or her own sentience over that of the Destroyer itself. Hence, that human being or Asgardian will be unable to control the Destroyer. Only Odin, Thor, and Loki have proved capable of subjecting the Destroyer's will to their own after each used his own life force to animate the Destroyer."

Jesse7
Sentry...

guy222
Originally posted by Mindship
We've had a lot of Destroyer-vs threads lately; I figured this match-up was inevitable. Still, I'll make it a little more interesting.

-- or --
-- or --
3) does it even matter?

Personally, I don't think it matters, though a tactical mind would make the job go faster.

Dread One FTW

Wonder Man
Sentry. I have to say i don't like how the heros scamed some of his power from him so they could play with it.

Symmetric Chaos
If it's me I'd just one shot him

Batman would toy with him.

It doesn't matter.

Stupid Rookie
Destroyer should win this. I mean the machine was created by the gods to fight the Celestials. I don't think Sentry is strong enough to defeat it.

Not so sure about who needs to be animating it.

guy222
Guy Destroyer FTW happy

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindship

-- or --
-- or --
3) does it even matter?

1) the destroyer would totally override my mind and do as it does best, destroy.

2) batman and the like most likely aren't powerful enough to take control of the destroyer, thor had to battle it in his mind to take control, batman can't hope to win that fight.

3) it matters cause only a select few have been able to control it fully:
-thor
-odin
-loki
-garm
-desak

BUT....anyone else who has animated it gets warped into a violent being (like the hulk) and their violent repressed emotions/memories get used by the destroyer.

if batman were to animate the destroyer armour the murder of his parents will be the only emotion he will be able to express and the destroyer will use it as fuel to keep destroying things....namely the sentry.

Galan007
Originally posted by grey fox
Me- I'd screw it up and be too busying disintegrating crap to even notice as i got speedblitzed.... laughing out loud

Sirius77
Either way he's getting one-shotted.

Batman might be cruel.

This is spite.

King Kandy
Sentry could maybe win by Telepathy. Probably not.

psycho gundam
the destroyer's weakness is the soulless body that animates it, the destroyer's consciousness tries to prevent anything from harming the body because if the persons body dies, their soul dies as well and the destroyer is inert again.

sentry just has to find the body to win.

the Darkone
Doesn't matter, Asgardian Destroyer will kill Sentry. If Thor can't defeat it what makes you think that Sentry can do any better. Thor has teleport the last time he fought Destroyer (Thor vol.2 1-3) it Killed Thor with it's Disintegration Beam, basically Sentry is dead as horse sh**.

tkitna
Originally posted by the Darkone
If Thor can't defeat it what makes you think that Sentry can do any better.

Because Sentry is superior to Thor

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by tkitna
Because Sentry is superior to Thor laughing out loud

Doesn't really matter who uses it. I would pwn with it.

the Darkone
Originally posted by tkitna
What the f**k?Because Sentry is superior to Thor

Only thing Sentry is superior to Thor,is that he is a nut case and you can't count on Sentry he is like a woman on "PMS" too damn emotional.

BTW, Destroyer beats him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.