Wolverine runs the Marvel gauntlet with a twist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badabing
Wolverine has all his usual mutant abilities but now he also has 85 ton class strength. How far does he get?

1) Captain America
2) Saber Tooth
3) The Lizard
4) Doc Ock
5) Spiderman
6) Carnage
7) Colossus
8) Ironman
9) Juggernaut
10) Apocolypse

Validus
Iron Man

Black Adam
gets to ironman. where he's either incinerated from the air or picked up and made useless by the magnetic repulsors.....

inamilist
at 85 tonnes? I still think he has trouble with Doc Oc and Carnage, but I would assume that a strength boost of that kind comes along with a durability boost as well....

I'm still going to say carnage 5-6/10

but he is definatly stopped at IM

spetznaz
Originally posted by Black Adam
gets to ironman. where he's either incinerated from the air or picked up and made useless by the magnetic repulsors.....

Yep ....he is simply not getting past Stark.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Black Adam

yes

spetznaz
Since Wolverine8888 is back (as 'Capt it Up') it will be interesting to see what sort of misspelled nonsense he tries to shove down our throats when he claims that Wolverine would beat the gauntlet!
After all, if he thinks Wolverine can beat the likes of Namor and Superman, then he must believe that Wolverine can waltz through Iron Man and Juggernaut.

After all, it is 'Wulbereen' we are talking about.

Wolverine2006
Wolverine would run this gauntlet twice

jrodslam
Be nice spet. sad

DraconaInVolata
Originally posted by Wolverine2006

They said that he had class 85 strength, not superspeed, flight, or anything beyond that.

He still gets whomped by Spider-Man.

TheKahn

doh

I'm curious, did you even read who was in the gauntlet before you said that? Be honest now...

Iron Man: force field, flight, normal repulsor, magnetic repulsors
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2166/ironmanrepulsors6vp.th.jpg

Juggernaut: (assuming it's classic) force field, greater strength and durabiltiy

Apocalypse: Energy blasts, Teleportation, Superhuman Strength, Speed and Stamina, Size-Shifting, Force field generation, Telepathy, Psychokinesis

inamilist
Originally posted by DraconaInVolata

He still gets whomped by Spider-Man.

wink

sort of off topic, can wolverine's claws hurt a symbiote? Have they ever been shown to? (Didnt he fight venom at one point?)

Validus
Iron Man's new Extremis armor is no joke. Wolverine isn't messing with that.

Black Adam

Your hilarious laughing

DraconaInVolata
Originally posted by inamilist
wink

sort of off topic, can wolverine's claws hurt a symbiote? Have they ever been shown to? (Didnt he fight venom at one point?)

No, they can't. The symbiote heals immediately. Wolverine cut off a hand when the clone was taking someone over, and the clone completely regenerated the hand. He's fought Venom before, and when there's no jobbing involved, Venom wins easy.

Also, check the Iron Man respect thread. My fiancee says that he put scans from New Avegners when Iron Man was dragging Wolverine around when using low power magnetics.

zachrivard
Originally posted by spetznaz
Since Wolverine8888 is back (as 'Capt it Up') it will be interesting to see what sort of misspelled nonsense he tries to shove down our throats when he claims that Wolverine would beat the gauntlet!
After all, if he thinks Wolverine can beat the likes of Namor and Superman, then he must believe that Wolverine can waltz through Iron Man and Juggernaut.

After all, it is 'Wulbereen' we are talking about.

hes back??

Black Adam
No, they can't. The symbiote heals immediately. Wolverine cut off a hand when the clone was taking someone over, and the clone completely regenerated the hand. He's fought Venom before, and when there's no jobbing involved, Venom wins easy.

Also, check the Iron Man respect thread. My fiancee says that he put scans from New Avegners when Iron Man was dragging Wolverine around when using low power magnetics.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/443/magnet1b2op7gj.th.jpg

Wolverine2006
Wolverine can still knock Carnage out...there is no way Spider-man can beat him...and I dont care about what type of armor Ironman has his magnetics arent strong enough to hold Wolverine down...Wolverine would kill this gauntlet...

...and in the character ownage thread theres a pic of Wolverine slashing the crap outta of Apoc

inamilist

thats what i figured

Carnage has his way with the class85 wolvie

DraconaInVolata
Wolverine2006, read the post above you. Wolverine goes flying like a rag doll, and what does Spider-Man have?

Smarter than Wolverine
Faster than Wolverine
More versatile than Wolverine
Precognitive abilities.

He get's punked.

inamilist
Wolverine can still knock Carnage out...

he wouldnt get within 10 feet of him

Sixth_Winged
Ironman. With Class 85 for Wolverine, it would make him into a monster coupled with his durability. However ironman just have the range and versatility advantage and can keep away from him easily.

Wolverine2006
he wouldnt get within 10 feet of him

Ya he would...hes stronger than Carnage he would grab a tendril and knock him around the place

Validus
Wolverine can still knock Carnage out...there is no way Spider-man can beat him...and I dont care about what type of armor Ironman has his magnetics arent strong enough to hold Wolverine down...Wolverine would kill this gauntlet...

...and in the character ownage thread theres a pic of Wolverine slashing the crap outta of Apoc
He doesn't need the magnetics, though they will certainly help. He has super speed reaction times now and a high level healing factor enough to grow new organs. Wolverine gets FUBAR.

Sixth_Winged
Ya he would...hes stronger than Carnage he would grab a tendril and knock him around the place

Dude Carnage can just let go it before he even go a chance to pull it.

inamilist

while like 18 other tendrils sliced his face apart :P

Not to mention that carnage has been known to use his suit to create projectiles (Spiderman Unlimited #2, also the last issue of Maximum Carnage, Im sure he has done it other times, thats just what springs to mind)

strength and fighting skill are meaningless here

OH, and carnage is faster than wolvie by a long shot

TheKahn

Of course you don't roll eyes (sarcastic)
How about lifting him 3 inches off the ground? That is all it would take. yes

Do you even look at the powers a character has before you claim Wolverine would beat them or do you just figure that if Wolverine manages to touch them with his claws one then he can automatically kill that character with impunity?

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Dude Carnage can just let go it before he even go a chance to pull it.

And then what Carnage gets KNOCKED THE F**K OUT!!!!

Sixth_Winged
And then what Carnage gets KNOCKED THE F**K OUT!!!!

riiiight....because he can extend his arms to Carnage who is far away from him.

spetznaz

Black Adam just posted a scan whereby Wolverine is getting dragged by IronMan's magnetic (and the funny thing is, if you read the actual comic, IronMan wasn't even trying to yank Wolverine ....what he was intending to do was simply disarm some people ....but he still ended up nabbing Wolverine as well).

Anyways ....serious question Wolverine8888 ...I mean Wolverine2006.

Tell me one viable way that Wolverine could use to beat IronMan. Just ONE way (that has to be viable ....thus no PIS, the IM armor is not defective, the armor is not being piloted by Stark's butler Jarvis, Stark is not sleeping inside the IM armor, a meteorite doesn't strike the armor, the Scarlet Witch doesn't start to unravel reality around IronMan, Mr Mxy doesn't pop over from the DCU to replace Stark with boiled asparagus etc etc etc).
Just one VIABLE way that Wolverine could use to defeat Ironman (and that takes into consideration Wolverine's abilities as well as IronMan's, meaning that Wolverine doesn't get Doom's intellect, Superman's speed, Surfer's energy manipulation etc etc , and IronMan doesn't try to beat Rhino at jobbing. The only thing 'extra' that Wolverine has is class-85 strength).
One way that Wolvie could beat IronMan that has logic in it.

p.s: If you happen to be reading this W8888 aka Capt-it-up, please feel free to comment on a way Wolverine could defeat IM.

Wolverine2006
What Carnage going to do run away, or run at Wolverine like a Maniac

hhhmmmmm....Psychopath or Skilled Warrior

The Fake Macoy
Viable way Wolverine beats IM, in one word: liquor. Also, since he's only got a strength upgrade, Spidey's still WAY faster than him, so I say he stops at 5. Of course, IM definately will beat him if he gets to IM somehow.

DraconaInVolata
Carnage doesn't run at people. He hacks them to death. I'm posting something from Carnage: It's a Wonderful Life. This is one of two books written to give you insight on Carnage's Mind. Carnage doesn't use his bare hands, ever.
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/9207/carnagewl119fq.jpg
Also, this is one from Mind Bomb, if you're wondering how he'd kill Wolverine, easy.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5629/carnagemindbomb01page230ov.jpg
6 claws does not equal dozens of tendrils.

Wolverine2006
SO what does that have to do with anything Carnage still dies...and Spider-man definetley dies

TheKahn
SO what does that have to do with anything Carnage still dies...and Spider-man definetley dies

Do you realize that key element of debating is actually providing evidence to support your augments not to just stubbornly demand that your favorite character will win no matter what anyone else says?

I don't like to call anyone a fanboy, but if you want others to value your opinions about fights you have to do more than this, imo.

spetznaz

Still waiting for a viable way in which Wolverine could defeat Iron Man.

(It is perfectly understandable if you cannot come up with any .....I didn't expect you to anyways, at least not a logical method)

MuffinmanMike

Then Tony looks at his watch, goes 'HOLY CRAP I'M LATE' and beats the crap out of Wolverine 3 times just to be safe.

Wolverine2006
Wolverine would slice off anything Carnage had to throw at him...rip him in half and then beat the crap outta Spidey because he would with out superstrength. PROOF enough for u?

TheKahn
Wolverine would slice off anything Carnage had to throw at him...rip him in half and then beat the crap outta Spidey because he would with out superstrength. PROOF enough for u?

The issue they are raising with Carnage is that he can attack from multiple directions against Wolverine. Given that he only has claws on his two arms, they claim he could not block/cut more than a dozen tendrils attacking at once from different directions (they have also posted scans showing Carnage doing this).

If you wanted to refute their claims a good way to start would be to show a scan of Wolverine blocking multiple incoming attacks. This would support your claim that he could defend against Carnage's attacks long enough to get in close.

MuffinmanMike

Yeah look at Wolverine getting out of that magnetic field.

Woo, he sure doesn't look like he's annoyed that he has absolutely no hope of getting out. His "Oh shit I'm not getting out" look doesn't say a thing. Yep. And Iron Man looks like he's putting a lot of effort into it. You can tell by his little Dr.Strange impression that he's stressing his armor to the limit.

Yep. No way a man who does this kind of thing on a daily basis could be someone who has been more of a liability in fights against Magneto.

Actual proof would be nice.

Sure he'll hack away at Carnage. Just like Spidey punches away at it. Getting nowhere. Strike 1.

Spidey he'll probably beat if only for the fact that the tables are turned and now Wolverines the one with greater strength instead of Spidey. But no, he has never "beat the crap outta spidey". Not normally. Strike 2.

And proof would require more than "Wolverine2006" telling me Wolverine wins. Strike 3.

Get off my forums.

Wolverine2006
Dude I dont want to get tutored...If Carnage does throw multimple attacks at him Wolverine grabs a tendril and smashes him into the ground. Then Wolverine tears him in half

meep-meep
Originally posted by badabing
Wolverine has all his usual mutant abilities but now he also has 85 ton class strength. How far does he get?

1) Captain America
2) Saber Tooth
3) The Lizard
4) Doc Ock
5) Spiderman
6) Carnage
7) Colossus
8) Ironman
9) Juggernaut
10) Apocolypse

He gets stopped at 8 or 9. Probably 8.

MuffinmanMike
Dude I dont want to get tutored...If Carnage does throw multimple attacks at him Wolverine grabs a tendril and smashes him into the ground. Then Wolverine tears him in half

But see here's the deal.

The symbiotes aren't stupid. Carnage is a psycho, yes, but he's not an idiot.

Wolverine grabs a tendril, and about 30 more rip through his chest and out the other side with his heart.

Sixth_Winged

Problem is, Carnage can release those multiple attacks as projectiles not attached to his body. Being connected to carnage isn't a necessity for his "constructs". They would disperse moments later like Spider-man's webbing.

capt it up
Problem is, Carnage can release those multiple attacks as projectiles not attached to his body. Being connected to carnage isn't a necessity for his "constructs". They would disperse moments later like Spider-man's webbing.
venom has destroy caranage and spiderman has beaten venom so please tell me how I wolverine with 85 ton strength can't win?

MuffinmanMike
Oh jesus here it goes again...

Y'know for a supposed Captain America fanboy, you have said VERY little supporting Cap.

Also. A beats B. B beats C. A does not automatically beat C. Stop making that ****ing excuse.

capt it up
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
Oh jesus here it goes again...

Y'know for a supposed Captain America fanboy, you have said VERY little supporting Cap.

Also. A beats B. B beats C. A does not automatically beat C. Stop making that ****ing excuse.
who said im a capt fan boy?
what excuses all I here from u all the time is how much u hate wolverine and u hardly ever use prove so please don't talk to me about making excuses, some of ur arguements were less then nice or even on topic.

meep-meep
I suppose I could see him being taken out as early as 6 consdering Carnages crazy sympiote suit. If he scrapes by Carnage he for sure f*cks up The big C but it's down hill from there.

DraconaInVolata
Not many people hate Wolverine. It's just when people don't accept that he has limits do things get really, really dumb. Also, there are some instances in his comics where he honestly shouldn't do some things, or when he wins against an opponent where he shouldn't, there's an outside factor involved.

capt it up
Not many people hate Wolverine. It's just when people don't accept that he has limits do things get really, really dumb. Also, there are some instances in his comics where he honestly shouldn't do some things, or when he wins against an opponent where he shouldn't, there's an outside factor involved.
trust me there more wolverine hater then fan boys on this forum.
who deos wolverine beat he should not? I love hearing what people say on this matter

DigiMark007
Why does everyone think Cl 85 strength would allow him to touch Spidey? Carnage is stupid enough to get caught. Spidey isn't. And there's no rational reason why Logan is fast enough to ever touch Spidey....and any fight I've ever seen between them supports this (Secret Wars is a good example). And the "One claw slash would kill Parker" argument is weak too. So would one bullet among dozens (hundreds?) that hurtle towards him in countless fights, provided it hit the right place. And bullets coming from multiple guns are faster (see: much faster) than Wolverine, and are in more places at once.

Yeah, it would be a long fight. But just a long win for Spidey...he can still be knocked out, damaged, can have his breathing passages webbed shut, etc.

Speed >>>> Strength
Speed > Strength/Moderate Healing

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by capt it up
who said im a capt fan boy?
what excuses all I here from u all the time is how much u hate wolverine and u hardly ever use prove so please don't talk to me about making excuses, some of ur arguements were less then nice or even on topic.

I don't need FEATS to dislike a character. You DO need feats to prove a character can do something that's not obvious.

And you chose the name as a disguise to come back. It was obvious who you were but you snuck back in as a Cap fanboy. This is before you publically said you were "Wolbereen8888"

inamilist
venom has destroy caranage and spiderman has beaten venom so please tell me how I wolverine with 85 ton strength can't win?

if he gets close enough to carnage to somehow, i dont know, slice and dice him, then he can probably win

however, not withstanding the fact that symbiotes are highly resistant to physical damage or this kind, carnage can attack at a range with several tendrils that are capable of slicing into wolvie from multiple angles

These are fast enough to catch spiderman, so they are easily capable of catching wolverine

He can also shoot these same razor sharp projectiles out of his suit at great speeds

Even if he gets close with his claws, carnage can make BIGGER and more deadly weapons with the symbiote that, wont take wolvie's arms or head off, but will certainly chop his flesh into itty bitty bits, enhanced strength or no

DraconaInVolata
Carnage doesn't run at people. He hacks them to death. I'm posting something from Carnage: It's a Wonderful Life. This is one of two books written to give you insight on Carnage's Mind. Carnage doesn't use his bare hands, ever.
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/9207/carnagewl119fq.jpg
Also, this is one from Mind Bomb, if you're wondering how he'd kill Wolverine, easy.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5629/carnagemindbomb01page230ov.jpg
6 claws does not equal dozens of tendrils.

Please click on the links people. Carnage, crazy as he is, is an artist with that symbiote. Imagine if Kyle Rayner were just as nuts, and had a symbiote.

capt it up
if he gets close enough to carnage to somehow, i dont know, slice and dice him, then he can probably win

however, not withstanding the fact that symbiotes are highly resistant to physical damage or this kind, carnage can attack at a range with several tendrils that are capable of slicing into wolvie from multiple angles

These are fast enough to catch spiderman, so they are easily capable of catching wolverine

He can also shoot these same razor sharp projectiles out of his suit at great speeds

Even if he gets close with his claws, carnage can make BIGGER and more deadly weapons with the symbiote that, wont take wolvie's arms or head off, but will certainly chop his flesh into itty bitty bits, enhanced strength or no
wolverien ahs shown to keep up with spidemran, he not as fast yes but he fast enough. he can dodge a good amoutn of carnages attacks as he get sup close, he can also unlike spiderman take the damage. also unlike spiderman , when spidemran fights carnage spider sense is sue elss becuase it does not work with carnage or venom correct? that would make spiderman not as fast with his dodging but see wolverine hyper sense would still work meaning he not losing any of his dodging abilties. also wolverine can cut amazingly fast

capt it up
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
I don't need FEATS to dislike a character. You DO need feats to prove a character can do something that's not obvious.

And you chose the name as a disguise to come back. It was obvious who you were but you snuck back in as a Cap fanboy. This is before you publically said you were "Wolbereen8888"
snuck back on LOL? a lot of people new who I was I told them

capt it up
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Why does everyone think Cl 85 strength would allow him to touch Spidey? Carnage is stupid enough to get caught. Spidey isn't. And there's no rational reason why Logan is fast enough to ever touch Spidey....and any fight I've ever seen between them supports this (Secret Wars is a good example). And the "One claw slash would kill Parker" argument is weak too. So would one bullet among dozens (hundreds?) that hurtle towards him in countless fights, provided it hit the right place. And bullets coming from multiple guns are faster (see: much faster) than Wolverine, and are in more places at once.

Yeah, it would be a long fight. But just a long win for Spidey...he can still be knocked out, damaged, can have his breathing passages webbed shut, etc.

Speed >>>> Strength
Speed > Strength/Moderate Healing
(Wolverine vs. Spiderman nuff said? #48) wolverine has a little fist fight with Spiderman and seems to have had the upper hand in the battle.

(Spiderman vs. wolverine) this fight happen in the grave yard and ended with a tie

(Marvel Knights Spiderman #14) Spiderman passes out after being stabbed by wolverine.

Mider
eighty five super strenght? what the hell? wolverien???????? thats soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid he doesnt make it past carnage. like venom he wont even notice the blades, and carnage will just cut his freaking head off from there, his healing factor aint like slades or deadpools were you can servive SUPER mortal injuries like getting your heart ripped out or your head cutt off.

capt it up
Originally posted by Mider
eighty five super strenght? what the hell? wolverien???????? thats soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid he doesnt make it past carnage. like venom he wont even notice the blades, and carnage will just cut his freaking head off from there, his healing factor aint like slades or deadpools were you can servive SUPER mortal injuries like getting your heart ripped out or your head cutt off.
his head can't be cut off not when he ahs adamtium laced bones.
also in (wolverine 32 by mark miller) he had his head cut off more then once and he still a lvie.
also slades healing factor is no were enar wolverine just to let u know.
Wolverines heart exploding
http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7d8c86d68ot.jpg

Mider
thats pretty weak if you ask me carnage should go inside him and then expand outwards and then kill him there end of fight not hard at all

Sixth_Winged

And because venom beat carnage, spider-man beat venom, you think Wolverine can do the same?

Read maximum carnage, Carnage was manhandling both of them together along with others. The venom assimilating carnage was only a plot twist that ignores previous encounters with carnage.

sdw
I'm not a Wolverine fanatic by any means, but what makes him unique (without enhanced strength) is that he's a threat to most anybody and still somewhat vulnerable...he drew blood on Thanos (I know it was a crossover but they still had him do it) but has a tough time dealing with Elecktra...the point is everyone on the list would have to respect the danger he presents them, at that enhanced strength I see him lasting until Iron Man who has too many answers for him...

grey fox
If Jobberine can somehow get past Carnage (Which i doubt considering all the evidence gathered) he'd get whomped by Colossus.

It's been prove that Wolverine can be ripped in half if pulled correctly (I'm assuming that like his ultimate doppleganger Wolverines spine ligament...thing DAMMIT I FORGOT WHAT IT'S CALLED..... isn't laced with adamantium)

Not only that but theirs an entire thread dedicated to proving that Wolverines claws can't penetrate Piotr's organic metal body.

sdw
I'll give you that...judging from "Colossus:Bloodline" his powers seemed to have increased quit a bit the way he handled Sinister...

grey fox
Originally posted by sdw
I'll give you that...judging from "Colossus:Bloodline" his powers seemed to have increased quit a bit the way he handled Sinister...

Damn straight

samishe
I used to be Wolverine fan before i read this thread down

grey fox
Originally posted by samishe
I used to be Wolverine fan before i read this thread down

Lol....

TheKahn
Originally posted by grey fox
If Jobberine can somehow get past Carnage (Which i doubt considering all the evidence gathered) he'd get whomped by Colossus.

It's been prove that Wolverine can be ripped in half if pulled correctly (I'm assuming that like his ultimate doppleganger Wolverines spine ligament...thing DAMMIT I FORGOT WHAT IT'S CALLED..... isn't laced with adamantium)

Not only that but theirs an entire thread dedicated to proving that Wolverines claws can't penetrate Piotr's organic metal body.

Some individuals are of the opinion that Wolverine's bones are somehow connected together by some means that makes them inseparable. no expression I don't understand how he could possibly move if that was the case but then again there is a lot I don't understand about Wolverine...

Sixth_Winged
Personally, i think it's just a bad case of ignoring human anatomy smokin'

TheKahn
Personally, i think it's just a bad case of ignoring human anatomy smokin'

yes

I like the improvements you've made to that sig Sixth Winged thumb up

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by TheKahn
yes

I like the improvements you've made to that sig Sixth Winged thumb up

lol yeah. thanks big grin I figured out i was wasting the left over space for the sig so i filled it in.

capt it up

first off wolverien with 85ton strength would beat the hell out of colossus. that thread that says wolverien can't get through colossus also says he can't becuase he not strong enough , but with 85 ton strength he easiliy strong enough and would kill colossus very easiliy.
also ultimate wolverine is nuthing like Nomral universe wolverine. wolverien can not be ripped in haft in the normal universe

capt it up
Some individuals are of the opinion that Wolverine's bones are somehow connected together by some means that makes them inseparable. no expression I don't understand how he could possibly move if that was the case but then again there is a lot I don't understand about Wolverine...
they are. also u act as if that be the craziest thing. honestly I can name 100 or more things in marvel that are a lot crazier.

inamilist
they are. also u act as if that be the craziest thing. honestly I can name 100 or more things in marvel that are a lot crazier.

here we call those things PIS smile

capt it up
here we call those things PIS smile
so ice PIS? namor flying PIS? scot not blasting his head of PIS?

TheKahn
first off wolverien with 85ton strength would beat the hell out of colossus. that thread that says wolverien can't get through colossus also says he can't becuase he not strong enough , but with 85 ton strength he easiliy strong enough and would kill colossus very easiliy.
also ultimate wolverine is nuthing like Nomral universe wolverine. wolverien can not be ripped in haft in the normal universe

That's an assumption. We really don't know what the strength requirements would be to pierce Colossus with adamantium. It might be 85 tons, but it could just as easily be 90 tons or 100 tons (ect.). erm

capt it up
That's an assumption. We really don't know what the strength requirements would be to pierce Colossus with adamantium. It might be 85 tons, but it could just as easily be 90 tons or 100 tons (ect.). erm
not at all . colossus seems the think wolverine claws can easiliy cut him

TheKahn

But the problem is, imo, there has never been a reasonable explanation for it. I would be willing to accept it, along with a myriad of other comic book conventions, but I hold the companies to a certain standard and as it stands there is no reason according to the information I'm aware of for Wolverine to have an inseparable skeleton.

inamilist
so ice PIS? namor flying PIS? scot not blasting his head of PIS?

iceman is explained through a series of random mutations that have been covered elaboratly in the past 20 years as Marvel has tried to bring their comics in line with modern science

actually, all of them are fairly well explained once you drop your sense of disbelief

however, a solid skeletal structure that is impossible to tear is not explained through that, as it deliberatly goes against simple physical laws and biological functions

if you had a connection between the bone in your upper arm and your shoulder, you wouldnt be able to move it properly, ball socket joints are specifically made to not be connected, to connect them would hinder wolverine

even the ultron model that was made of pure adamantium had a molecular rearanger so that he could move. Marvel seems to think that solid adamantium cant move, so ill go with that too smile

capt it up

TheKahn
not at all . colossus seems the think wolverine claws can easiliy cut him

He could be wrong, it could just be hyperbole, or he could be right. The point I was making was that there really isn't anyway for us to know for sure.

capt it up
iceman is explained through a series of random mutations that have been covered elaboratly in the past 20 years as Marvel has tried to bring their comics in line with modern science

actually, all of them are fairly well explained once you drop your sense of disbelief

however, a solid skeletal structure that is impossible to tear is not explained through that, as it deliberatly goes against simple physical laws and biological functions

if you had a connection between the bone in your upper arm and your shoulder, you wouldnt be able to move it properly, ball socket joints are specifically made to not be connected, to connect them would hinder wolverine

even the ultron model that was made of pure adamantium had a molecular rearanger so that he could move. Marvel seems to think that solid adamantium cant move, so ill go with that too smile
ice man powers are neevr explained enough to make more sense then wolevrien skeleton. ice man goes form solid ice to human imagin that. a dude goes from beeing only ice back to having organs and such.
scot power was never explained either.
nbor was the reason namor can fly.

capt it up
He could be wrong, it could just be hyperbole, or he could be right. The point I was making was that there really isn't anyway for us to know for sure.
dude honestly it would

King KAM
He still loses to Cap, because now when he swings his claws at the shield he will hit it so hard his claws will break

capt it up
Originally posted by King KAM
He still loses to Cap, because now when he swings his claws at the shield he will hit it so hard his claws will break
not at all. claws can't break

soleran30
He would get stopped at Iron Man

inamilist
ice man powers are neevr explained enough to make more sense then wolevrien skeleton. ice man goes form solid ice to human imagin that. a dude goes from beeing only ice back to having organs and such.

thats what i mean

what you have described are the characters individual powers

nowhere is it stated that one of wolverine's powers is having a connected skeleton. In fact, as the child from "origins" he wouldnt have been able to move if his bones were connected, but he is running around in a field

yes, other powers abuse conventional science, but we arent talking about a superpower

TheKahn

King KAM
not at all. claws can't break yes they can,and becuase caps shield is harder, it would win

capt it up
Regular bones are connected by ligaments and other types of connective tissue which any respectable super strong character could easily exceed the shear strength of. The problem is that Marvel has never explained how or if his skeleton is connected. My problem is that it has been depicted as such but never explained. Personally, I would consider it PIS as just having your bones coated with metal wouldn't affect the ligaments and connective tissues and you can't have a hard connection between bones in a human skeleton and still have a full range of motion.

To me it seems that they have actually realized this problem which is why to see the bones not connected in the AOA, Marvel Zombies, or Ultimate Universes.
all the prove shows they are connect in the normal universe im sorry but thats how it is.

capt it up
yes they can,and becuase caps shield is harder, it would win
Both are on breakble. neither is realy any ahrder u can't bnreka them so no it would not.

by the way how have u been my friend

soleran30
yes they can,and becuase caps shield is harder, it would win

LOL Wolverine at class 85 would destroy Cap..................believe I know this!

TheKahn
all the prove shows they are connect in the normal universe im sorry but thats how it is.

wallbash

I'm not making myself clear. What I'm trying to say that the reason some people think that Wolverine's inseparable skeleton is PIS is that Marvel has either been too lazy or to uncreative to ever think of a reasonable justification as to why it is inseparable. Their current description of his power set and the history of his gaining his adamantium doesn't provide that answer. The problem is that we have evidence of a feat but no explanation for it, and some consider PIS to apply in those cases.

soleran30
Wow Kahn I wouldn't go there man...............I explained this eons ago with diagrams to boot from grays anatomy and wikismile

capt it up
wallbash

I'm not making myself clear. What I'm trying to say that the reason some people think that Wolverine's inseparable skeleton is PIS is that Marvel has either been too lazy or to uncreative to ever think of a reasonable justification as to why it is inseparable. Their current description of his power set and the history of his gaining his adamantium doesn't provide that answer. The problem is that we have evidence of a feat but no explanation for it, and some consider PIS to apply in those cases.
I see

King KAM
Both are on breakble. neither is realy any ahrder u can't bnreka them so no it would not.

by the way how have u been my friend they both arent unbreakable, marvel has said itself on numerous occasions that caps shield is more durable, giving cap the edgeOriginally posted by soleran30
LOL Wolverine at class 85 would destroy Cap..................believe I know this! and how do you know this?

grey fox

Actually the were.

Scott's is solar/electrical energy he absorbs and fires from his eyes. It's something to do with light refraction changing it's state from basic light to his concussion beams.

Namors is supposedly Psionic , the wings are just purely aesthetic.

capt it up
they both arent unbreakable, marvel has said itself on numerous occasions that caps shield is more durable, giving cap the edge and how do you know this?
when have they ever said that? please tell me

capt it up
Actually the were.

Scott's is solar/electrical energy he absorbs and fires from his eyes. It's something to do with light refraction changing it's state from basic light to his concussion beams.

Namors is supposedly Psionic , the wings are just purely aesthetic.
yes I knwo they explained how he shoots it but they never explained how he does not lose his head or fly back wards

King KAM
when have they ever said that? please tell me in just about every marvel handbook.

capt it up
in just about every marvel handbook.
dude I own every marvel hand book please give the years.

hey kam how have u been man..............if u did not know already it wolverine8888

soleran30
they both arent unbreakable, marvel has said itself on numerous occasions that caps shield is more durable, giving cap the edge and how do you know this?

How its simple!~

Captains Shield is more durable but certainly not as hard!

Diamonds are very very hard and yet brittle. Caps shield is more durable because along with the adamantium allow it has vibranium and that just dissapates kinetic energy making it virtually indestructable.

Adamantium is just very very hard.........doesn't dissapate energy like vibranium.

At most importantly I know because I am who's I am and thats how it is! Lol no seriously no one has broke his claws in adamantium in continuity I doubt it will be that shield.

grey fox
yes I knwo they explained how he shoots it but they never explained how he does not lose his head or fly back wards

Well technically force is equal , ergo if Scott can knock Wolverine out of a building with a blast he should be thrown back with the same force. Unfortunately as i pointed out in the Green Lantern versus Flash's thread the writers are stupid.

Jabba the Hutt
Wait so is capt it up wolverine8888, or is Wolverine2006 wolverine8888?

King KAM
dude I own every marvel hand book please give the years.

hey kam how have u been man..............if u did not know already it wolverine8888 whaddup brudda!!!Originally posted by soleran30
How its simple!~

Captains Shield is more durable but certainly not as hard!

Diamonds are very very hard and yet brittle. Caps shield is more durable because along with the adamantium allow it has vibranium and that just dissapates kinetic energy making it virtually indestructable.

Adamantium is just very very hard.........doesn't dissapate energy like vibranium.

At most importantly I know because I am who's I am and thats how it is! Lol no seriously no one has broke his claws in adamantium in continuity I doubt it will be that shield. good points, but i still feel like with 85tons of force behind it it could break

inamilist
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt

i think its all the same person

batdude123
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt

Cap it up is wolverine8888.

soleran30
whaddup brudda!!! good points, but i still feel like with 85tons of force behind it it could break

Why Wolveirne's chest doesn't explode when the Hulk punchs him (although that would be cool)

capt it up
i think its all the same person
wat the hell thats an insult. 2005 does nto sue evidence and plus I never hide who I am from my friends ask kam I woudla todl me if on wolverine 2006

capt it up
whaddup brudda!!! good points, but i still feel like with 85tons of force behind it it could break
nuthing man how u been

King KAM
Originally posted by soleran30
Why Wolveirne's chest doesn't explode when the Hulk punchs him (although that would be cool) skin to skin doesnt work like that, and the adamantium has alot to do with it

soleran30
Well thats wht I mean if his chest has Adamantium and it can take hits from the Hulk who's hand doesn't break hitting things like Cap's shield then Wolverine's claws should do fine.

However claws aside they are very close in a h2h fight before a 85 ton upgrade.................the 85 ton upgrade seals the deal

King KAM
Originally posted by soleran30
Well thats wht I mean if his chest has Adamantium and it can take hits from the Hulk who's hand doesn't break hitting things like Cap's shield then Wolverine's claws should do fine.

However claws aside they are very close in a h2h fight before a 85 ton upgrade.................the 85 ton upgrade seals the deal not if wolverines durablility, hasnt changed

capt it up
not if wolverines durablility, hasnt changed
are u serous man? if he hit capt with a glanceing blow he be nocked out

soleran30
If it was Ultimate Cap mabe but boyscott cap takes a dirt nap

King KAM
are u serous man? if he hit capt with a glanceing blow he be nocked out caps been hit by the hulk, and rarely does cap ever get hit, we all know that he is harder to punch than spidey

jrodslam
caps been hit by the hulk, and rarely does cap ever get hit, we all know that he is harder to punch than spidey

What the f**k? Cap harder to punch than Spidey?

With or without the shiled?

capt it up
caps been hit by the hulk, and rarely does cap ever get hit, we all know that he is harder to punch than spidey
? I highly doubt that. alsoc an u show evidence of capt taking a full hit from hulk

PS: were is rage?

King KAM
? I highly doubt that. alsoc an u show evidence of capt taking a full hit from hulk

PS: were is rage? read captain america volume 1, issue 74, not only does he take punches from the hulk he drops him with 1 kick

not sure

capt it up
read captain america volume 1, issue 74, not only does he take punches from the hulk he drops him with 1 kick

not sure
wait are u talken about the time were capt trips hulk.

dam I wonder were he is. have u seen armando any were?

Jabba the Hutt
so uhh yeah. anway, wolverine dies probably at carnage.

Thanos_6383
Originally posted by badabing

1) Captain America
2) Saber Tooth
3) The Lizard
4) Doc Ock
5) Spiderman
6) Carnage
7) Colossus
8) Ironman
9) Juggernaut
10) Apocolypse

Careful,some people ALREADY think Wolverine can lift 85 tons laughing

Darth_Erebus
Since you invented a character then so can I. I'm giving Captain America class 200 strength and he curbstomps Wolverine at #1.

Next Venom_girl
He gets past Apocalypse on jobber-aura alone.

DraconaInVolata
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Since you invented a character then so can I. I'm giving Captain America class 200 strength and he curbstomps Wolverine at #1.

If he had class 200 strength, would he look like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/41/Liefeld_captain_america.jpg

Once again, fear the man-boobs of death!

Etrigan
O.o

Where did you find that?

grey fox
Originally posted by Etrigan
O.o

Where did you find that?

In Loeb thread....

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Etrigan
O.o

Where did you find that?

In the trash with the rest of Liefeld's art?

grey fox
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
In the trash with the rest of Liefeld's art?

lol

Thanos_6383
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus

Hahahahahahahahaha.cool eek!

badabing
Bump

meep-meep

But what about the shoulder joints needing to not be connected? If Wolverine's bones were completely connected he wouldn't be able to walk much less swing an arm or turn his head.

Validus
If he had class 200 strength, would he look like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/41/Liefeld_captain_america.jpg

Once again, fear the man-boobs of death!
One of the great mysteries of life is figuring out what could motivate someone to draw like that.

meep-meep
I don't want to know^

TheKahn
Originally posted by Validus
One of the great mysteries of life is figuring out what could motivate someone to draw like that.

offer of money + lack of skill = abomination

batdude123
I don't really think it's THAT bad, I just think that his muscles need to be toned down a bit.

TheKahn
Originally posted by batdude123
I don't really think it's THAT bad, I just think that his muscles need to be toned down a bit.

What the f**k? Cap has one BIG titty and one LITTLE titty. Drawing male characters with uneven breast implants is just about as bad as you can get. I mean it looks like Cap could breastfeed the Hulk with his moobs.

batdude123
What the f**k? Cap has one BIG titty and one LITTLE titty. Drawing male characters with uneven breast implants is just about as bad as you can get. I mean it looks like Cap could breastfeed the Hulk with his moobs.

Oh yeah, now that I look at it, you're right.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by batdude123

You DO realize he's facing straight ahead, right?

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by meep-meep
But what about the shoulder joints needing to not be connected? If Wolverine's bones were completely connected he wouldn't be able to walk much less swing an arm or turn his head.

Actually:

Cyclops creates a portal between this dimension and one filled with red energy. His eyes are a gateway to this dimension.
Iceman lowers to temperature in a controlled area to the point he creates beams of ice*fast moving temperature lowering streams* and BECOMING ice is simply rearranging atoms.
Namor is a mutant with the mutant ability to fly.

Wolverines skeleton? That's a toughy. Gee maybe his bones are coated and fortified with adamantium, and his body is CONSTANTLY healing the poisoning? That was simple enough.

On top of that, the human skeleton HAS to be able to move in order to allow YOU to move. If his arms are connected directly, he'd be unable to move.
This is not the same as "how does Mr.Fantastic/The Thing move?"(And before you ask, Mr.Fantastic has squishy cells that take the place of organs as well as stretch and absorb impact so he really only mimics bones in the fashion he's used to, and Thing I believe has superthick and durable bones). This is a normal skeleton coated/fortified by metal. He has to be able to move.

Nice job W8888. Your lack of knowledge of the Marvel Universe has just shown through. No one ever has a reason to take you seriously(granted I don't think anyone ever did...).

badabing
Bump

xtrubeastxcs
when did wolverine get class 85 strength....?

inamilist
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs
when did wolverine get class 85 strength....?

Just for this thread

Thunderstrike
He gets to 5.

capt it up
wtf are u talken about? he only get to 5? how does wolverine with 85 ton strength no beat the hell out of spiderman.

Thunderstrike
Because strength doesn't make much of a difference if you can't hit what you're aiming at. You can target China with a nuke, but if you hit England you've f*cked up royally.

capt it up
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Because strength doesn't make much of a difference if you can't hit what you're aiming at. You can target China with a nuke, but if you hit England you've f*cked up royally.
funny seeing how wolverine has hit spiderman quite a few times. u are beyond help i sware

Thunderstrike
Do you have the context or are you going to keep posting crap you can't back up?

capt it up
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Do you have the context or are you going to keep posting crap you can't back up?
me posting crap? ur the one sayign wolevrien can't hit spiderman lol.
(Wolverine vs. Spiderman nuff said? #48) wolverine has a little fist fight with Spiderman and seems to have had the upper hand in the battle.

(Spiderman vs. wolverine) this fight happen in the grave yard and ended with a tie

(Marvel Knights Spiderman #14) Spiderman passes out after being stabbed by wolverine.
here are the issue numeber of there three fights.

Thunderstrike
Seems, ended in a tie, and a cheap shot. Lest we forget Wolverine wasn't supposed to use his claws.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>