whats more powerful in the SW universe, Love or The Force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spekdah
" Dont be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed, the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of .........love?"

Sesse
Love the Force and a powerful ally you have.

spekdah
so you can can love the force but nothingelse, that would be cool if you could f**k the Force

spekdah
I suppose you could 'love' to use the force to get a f**k

Thorinn
laughing

Well I would say the force is stronger, but the jedi use the force to keep peace, because they love the people who want peace instead of conflict.

and i'm reading what I posted and it doesn't make sense. erm

Darth Nepulis
An interesting question indeed.

Tangible God
By what type of power are you referring to? Power as in, raw, brute power. Physical power?

Or the mental type?

Darth Subjekt
overall I;d say love. And keep in mind love isn't always a positive thing. Anakin truly loved Padme and wanted to save her, then that love turned to love of power, love of control, and so on and so forth. You wouldn't say that its good for someone to love crack...same type of situation.

Love does in fact conquer all, and it went full circle....Love conquered Anakin, turning him eventually evil...then love (for a son) conquered the Sith (Vader who took out Palps) and turned him good again and saved him.

I hope I made SOME sense...I'm kinda drunk, lol. drunk

Jedi Priestess
What if you use the force to love yourself? shifty

<---more than kinda drunk laughing out loud

Tarvos
Then... Wha?

If Jedi loved themselves or the people they save, they'd be breaking the code. So in term, Jedi don't care about anyone.

Tangible God
Those wacky Jedi, they're the guys you love to hate for using the Force by not loving anyone.

Tarvos
Yep.

They're playa hatas.

Vada hatas.

Vada Playa Hatas.

Tangible God
Especially Yoda. Even Luke asked why he was being a "playa-hata."

Tarvos
"Yoda, why ya bein' a playa-hata, you know that I still must confront Lord Vader!".

Tangible God
Vada goes gangsta. Something I always dreamed of from the minute I first saw ANH... back in 1986.

Tarvos
Well, the voice of Vader is a black guy... shifty

Tangible God
Heh, know every time I watch the Lion King, when I see Mufasa falling down the cliff, a vivid image of Vader with a mane on his knees yelling for Simba pops up.

Tarvos
That happens when I watch all Disney movies with his voice. His voice is the villain's voice.

Tangible God
Same goes for the whole PT whenever Mace is present. I can't help but picture him in deep conversation with Obi-Wan or Ki-Adi-Mundi concerning whether or not they should give Padme a foot massage. Pulp Fiction ruined Mace for me.

Tarvos
I've never seen Pulp Fiction. What's it about? Sex? Drugs? All of the above?

Council#13
What's more powerful; shooting lightning bolts out of your hands/pushing-pulling things around/jumping 30 feet in the air/seeing into the future/moving extremely fast/etc. or willing with all your heart?

Tangible God
Originally posted by Tarvos
I've never seen Pulp Fiction. What's it about? Sex? Drugs? All of the above? Sex. Drugs. Killing gay rapists. Hilariously clever shit I won't forget even 50 years from now.

Lyn
Originally posted by Council#13
What's more powerful; shooting lightning bolts out of your hands/pushing-pulling things around/jumping 30 feet in the air/seeing into the future/moving extremely fast/etc. or willing with all your heart?
Well of course I'm going to go with "willing with all your heart". wink stick out tongue

Actually, any other place I've seen an actor from SW or see them since... feels odd. I can't watch them without thinking of whatever they did in SW. My Dad and brother can't watch the scene between Anakin and Padme on Mustafar because of the MTV Spoof.

DiamondBullets
Love.

Eleonora
The two concepts are deeply connected, especially if you interpret the force as the Holy Spirit or something related to that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.