The Map (thing)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rickyduck
Ok, everyone saw the map thing on the blast doors, but it was impossible to read.

The circled bit sais: 'I am here' and shows a small chamber sayiong 'The Swan' with a rubber duck thing in it.

The big question mark in the middle has writing saying: 'Designation unknown. Purpose unknown. Relation to D.I.H.G unknown.

Dont consider that anything has been done if anything is left to be done ' - The italics are translations of Latin

There are also many other chambers, or 'Hatches' drawn on the door, like: The Staff, The Flame, Arrow (which we've seen), CV II, CV I, H3, CV IV and three dotted chambers, one saying C42, one scribbled out, and another nor labelled, but with 'I think we're over the same wavelength' written on it.

Next to that it sais: 'Why so many Dharmatel relays in such an untenable location'

javascript:checklength(document.vbform);

There's loads of sentences around the diagram, like 'The disease worsens with treatment, the remedies worse than the disease', 'Stationwide failure of Dharmatel intranet', 'P.RD - Every 6-8 months', 'The Swan: (4,8,15,16,23,42) Home of H.G Delegation Inspection 12.07.81'.

'Fatalities: 5' 'Complete Shutdown in effect' 'Possible CVII Inactive since incident'
'CVI highly unlikely' 'Multiple escape conduits blocked after incident'

'Activity unstable for D.I.H.G' 'Suspected shutdown date 10.28.84'

'Kev-4? Possible location of zoological research facility' 'Cadaceus station believed to of been abandoned due to AH/MDG incident of 1985 or possible catastrophic malfunction of calberous system'

'No safe location dharmatel servers/hub/cobling for infrastructure'

There's also poetry written over it: 'Lift up your heart, Lift up your Heart, Lift up your heart.' and ' I think, therefore I am depressed'
and (translated from latin) 'The wrath of the gods is great, but it certainly is slow' 'Save yourself from hell'

And theres equations written on it like: 'x4(squared) y8 z15

and the square root of 16, 64, and 255

All the main chambers are joined up with lines. And the ends have crosses on them. This is all I have so far.

Also, theres an arrow pointing with text saying: 'Known final resting place of Magna Hanso, The Black Rock'

I found two links to decent picture of this 'Map':

http://hypno.griffithweb.com/template_images2/lost_dharma_decoded-751672.jpg

http://www.thetailsection.com/uploaded_images/cleanwall-707484.jpg

Second ones better

rickyduck
I forgot to put, we've seen 'The Staff' aswell

Darth Macabre
So the blocked path, leads to the center of it all? They had to block it off from all the sites (Swan, Flame, Staff...) due to the incident?

rickyduck
hmm. Maybe. But i found a new orientation, of Station 'The Goblet', which isnt mentioned.

http://www.thetailsection.com/procedure.swf

Darth Macabre
Wow...Was that real, or fan made?

If it's real...Why is it unwise for them to travel away from the shore? What's out there? (Other then Sharks)

Ok...About the map....The person who drew this, was obviously under the 108 time constraint...So he was the only one in there for a while....What did he want to survey though? If him needing to survey something, that means he wasn't part of the D.I....And if he wasn't part of the D.I. why was he on the island? Was it Kelvin whom drew the map? Desmond perhaps?

rickyduck
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Wow...Was that real, or fan made?

If it's real...Why is it unwise for them to travel away from the shore? What's out there? (Other then Sharks)

Ok...About the map....The person who drew this, was obviously under the 108 time constraint...So he was the only one in there for a while....What did he want to survey though? If him needing to survey something, that means he wasn't part of the D.I....And if he wasn't part of the D.I. why was he on the island? Was it Kelvin whom drew the map? Desmond perhaps?

I think it was real. I wouldn't know, but there wasnt something on the 'map' showing the goblet station. And why use a different scientist for each station?

Also, it mustve been either Desmond or Kelvin, or another htach worker, and they wouldve been alone. Kelvin couldve just been another survivor. But most likely a D.I guy. And whats with the 'Dharmatel'? And Vercetti. And Magnus Hanso?

Cerberus is mentioned on the map. He's the 'gatekeeper' to hell. On this its a device. One next to each station. The security system maybe?

Marth18
"Save yourself from hell" yea thats scaring me but it also has (Square root of 16 which is 4 square root of 65 which is 8 but then it was square root of 255....)

Darth Macabre
Cerebus has to be the Security System....but the Save yourself from Hell part is really starting to get me wondering.

rickyduck
square root of 255 = 15.968. thats 15 & 16 in both i should think.
Cerebus has to be the Security System....but the Save yourself from Hell part is really starting to get me wondering.

me to, but it may just be some more random writing

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by rickyduck
square root of 255 = 15.968. thats 15 & 16 in both i should think.

me to, but it may just be some more random writing

Hell, it may not even be right. I mean it even says it on the map that it's speculation...Maybe Cerebus, and Save yourself from hell could be speculation as well.

So yes random writing, but wrong random writing.

rickyduck
maybe, but we dont have enough information to know yet

Darth Macabre
Oh of course not....Nothing's written in stone. Especially with this show.

rickyduck
but its leading to something. maybe the guy with glass eye drew it?

Darth Macabre
but its leading to something. maybe the guy with glass eye drew it?

Why would he draw it in the Swan though? Why not the Arrow?

rickyduck
maybe he did, just no-ones seen it. there is 4 (he mentions a seventh hatch) maybe 5, or 6 (the goblet and the crossed out 1) unseen hatches that could of had lockdown aswell.

choosewisely
so maybe more hatches with more peeps in them....like desmond

rickyduck
Originally posted by Marth18
"Save yourself from hell" yea thats scaring me but it also has (Square root of 16 which is 4 square root of 65 which is 8 but then it was square root of 255....)

i just found out its 225 not 255

rickyduck
Originally posted by choosewisely
so maybe more hatches with more peeps in them....like desmond

yep

Lord Paradise
http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x17/blastDoorMap.jpg

rickyduck
my ones better stick out tongue

QuincE
Well obviously Magnus Hanso has a relation to the "Alvar Hanso" of the Hanso Foundation. Which supports the dharma initiative. Since Magnus Hando had crashed on the island with the "Black Rock" it's no coincidence the hatch was placed on that specific island.

rickyduck
Originally posted by QuincE
Well obviously Magnus Hanso has a relation to the "Alvar Hanso" of the Hanso Foundation. Which supports the dharma initiative. Since Magnus Hando had crashed on the island with the "Black Rock" it's no coincidence the hatch was placed on that specific island.

I thought they'd chose the island because of its electromagnetic qualities

trayner
In the ep where sawyer and michael are on the raft
and the shark is swimming past if you look real close you can see one of those "hatchs" logos on it

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by trayner
and the shark is swimming past if you look real close you can see one of those "hatchs" logos on it

Yeah I remember seeing/hearing that.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by trayner

You didn't even have to look close, it was right there in your face.

rickyduck
I thought they'd chose the island because of its electromagnetic qualities

wasnt it the swan logo?

rickyduck

Lee-San28
wooooo to confusing for me?????? but arnt you geting mad a the show for keep putting more twists on it and no answers!!!!!

Marth18
well that keeps people to keep watching

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Lee-San28
wooooo to confusing for me?????? but arnt you geting mad a the show for keep putting more twists on it and no answers!!!!!

Not really.....In my opinion, theres no need for answers just yet. Because most of the answers probably parallel the question. "Where are they?". And if you get that answer, then the shows over.

Clone
hey, duck! my brother said your thread is amazing blah blah blah! roll eyes (sarcastic) he's saying something about how he should have made this topic thing, whatever!

laughing out loud he's mad cuz he is still banned! laughing out loud i have always told him he shouldn't be all arragont about his gaming stuff! no i dont know why anybody likes this show.... thumb down you guys should watch, Sex and the City! now that's a great show! yes

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Clone
hey, duck! my brother said your thread is amazing blah blah blah! roll eyes (sarcastic) he's saying something about how he should have made this topic thing, whatever!

laughing out loud he's mad cuz he is still banned! laughing out loud i have always told him he shouldn't be all arragont about his gaming stuff! no i dont know why anybody likes this show.... thumb down you guys should watch, Sex and the City! now that's a great show! yes

That's been over for like 2 years....Yeah, good call.

Clone
That's been over for like 2 years....Yeah, good call.

mad Sex and the City is the greatest show ever made! mad

Darth Macabre
mad Sex and the City is the greatest show ever made! mad

Still doesn't erase the fact that it's over.

Clone
Still doesn't erase the fact that it's over.

I never said it wasnt over! mad

Darth Macabre
I never said it wasnt over! mad

Well, if a shows over, not many new episodes to really watch, are there?

Clone
Well, if a shows over, not many new episodes to really watch, are there?

guess what? the sky is blue. . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

stop stating the obvious!

i said Sex and the City, in my opinion, is the best and greatest show ever made! never did i say the show was in continuos! if you are unable to comprehend the simple message that i am trying to say then you are truly LOST! *music: thump*

now just please leave me alone laughing out loud

Darth Macabre
Leave you alone? You're the one whom came into the Lost thread and told us to watch another show.

But as for leaving you alone, sure will, we've strayed from the topic which is the map.

But if I were you, I'd be creaful with the trolling.

Clone
Leave you alone? You're the one whom came into the Lost thread and told us to watch another show.

But as for leaving you alone, sure will, we've strayed from the topic which is the map.

But if I were you, I'd be creaful with the trolling.

i came here with the intention of giving Duck a message, that is all! you insulted my all time favorite show and i retaliated, its just a given. if it will make you feel better i actually like the show LOST! Jack and Charlie are my favorites! I can't help but watch the show because my brother keeps talking about it!!!!!!! "if i were locke", "if i were sayid" blah blah! if you like to go back to the main topic, sure bud! whatever!

you will actually take what i told you seriously? leave me alone? laughing out loud

Darth Macabre
i came here with the intention of giving Duck a message, that is all! you insulted my all time favorite show and i retaliated, its just a given. if it will make you feel better i actually like the show LOST! Jack and Charlie are my favorites! I can't help but watch the show because my brother keeps talking about it!!!!!!! "if i were locke", "if i were sayid" blah blah! if you like to go back to the main topic, sure bud! whatever!

you will actually take what i told you seriously? leave me alone? laughing out loud

Never insulted the show at all....Just simply stated it's over, so theres not much to watch.

But Rick, I never knew the question mark was the symbol for Dharma....Where did you get that from?

Marth18
If i were Clone, id stop being annoying.........but im not
(Page 3 mine, thanks bye)

Ness
ya finnaly i get to see wtf that this meant.. lol thanx dude

Marth18
LOL

rickyduck

happy Im greatful

Never insulted the show at all....Just simply stated it's over, so theres not much to watch.

But Rick, I never knew the question mark was the symbol for Dharma....Where did you get that from?

Not my work, quoted from www.thetailsection.com

But, I found out what dharma means (roughly) Everyone has 'Dharma' or a duty, to do a job. If you dont do this 'duty' you get bad karma, and are reborn as a lesser animal etc.

For example, a burger firm sets out an advertisement that it has sold a billion burgers. Hindus would see this as boasting. They're advertising that theyve killed millions of cows just for the luxury of other people, while chopping down millions of trees just to slaughter animals. Furthermore this stops rain/causes pollution causing millions of other animals to die etc. This is not doing your dharma to animals. Which gives you bad karma etc. Yes, the description on wiki is different but :

According to Dr.Pandurang Vaman Kane, the word "Dharma" acquired a sense of "the privileges, duties and obligations of a man, his standard of conduct as a member of the Aryan community, as a member of the caste and as a person in a particular state of life."

JustOwnin
My thread! pokey

Shadowfighter
woah! look at the map again and look at where it says "Malum consilium quad mutari non potest", it means (this is weird) "Evil deliberation dining table change not power"

Shadowfighter
the latin key is wrong in some ways

Jabba the Hutt
So the map was a map of all 6 hatches....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.