Superman Returns in IMAX 3D...ummm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EPIIIBITES
This is a lame, lazy effort to bring attention back to theatre going and ticket sales...

How do people not realize how completely uncool and unartistic this is.

1) Only 20 mins of the film will be in 3D! This totally ruins the continuity of the visual look and feel of a movie.

2) There will be CUES to tell you when to put on your glasses. How totally lame...the last thing I want when I've settled into a film...for so many reasons.

3) It's not a 3D Film! If you watch a 3D IMAX film (Sigfreid and Roy: The Magic Box did it well, among others) the 3D element is taken into account in the very creation of the film itself...thinking of what will be on the forefront and background, and most importantly, thinking of putting in ideas that purposely look cool as 3D.

For me, I find the whole idea of 70mm films in IMAX pretty gross because of the picture quality and the chopping of the ends.

Let's just leave it be people and wait for Cameron's Battle Angel Alita to see it done right.

Cinemaddiction
IMAX is overrated and worthless, anyway.

DarkWizard
Never wasted my time trying to get to the IMAX, here.

EPIIIBITES
For those out of the loop on Battle Angel, here's a news article from AnimeNewsNetwork.com. This film will basically do for this generation what Star Wars did for mine...

------

"In an interview with NPR, about his "Aliens of the Deep" Imax documentary film, James Cameron was asked about his next feature movie, "Battle Angel."

In 2003 Cameron confirmed that Battle Angel was in pre-production, and in the recent NPR interview he states that Battle Angel, " We're in pre-production right now on a project called Battle Angel, which is something I've been working on for several years, and we're just finishing up the shooting draft right now, we've been designing it, its a big science fiction film. A couple things that will be interesting about this project, even though its a live-action film, the main character will be done with CG animation, and the second thing that's interesting is that we'll be shooting it in 3D using the stereo imaging system that we've been developing for the documentaries."

In the past Cameron has stated that he would like to do more than one Battle Angel movie and that motorball, a central plot point of the third part of the Gunnm manga, might make its way into the plot towards the second Battle Angel movie."

EPIIIBITES
For those out of the loop on Battle Angel, here's a news article from AnimeNewsNetwork.com. Watch for it to come out in IMAX 3D given his current track record...and it'll probably do for this generation what Star Wars did for mine...

------

"In an interview with NPR, about his "Aliens of the Deep" Imax documentary film, James Cameron was asked about his next feature movie, "Battle Angel."

In 2003 Cameron confirmed that Battle Angel was in pre-production, and in the recent NPR interview he states that Battle Angel, " We're in pre-production right now on a project called Battle Angel, which is something I've been working on for several years, and we're just finishing up the shooting draft right now, we've been designing it, its a big science fiction film. A couple things that will be interesting about this project, even though its a live-action film, the main character will be done with CG animation, and the second thing that's interesting is that we'll be shooting it in 3D using the stereo imaging system that we've been developing for the documentaries."

In the past Cameron has stated that he would like to do more than one Battle Angel movie and that motorball, a central plot point of the third part of the Gunnm manga, might make its way into the plot towards the second Battle Angel movie."

EPIIIBITES
sorry 'bout the double post

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Why didn't you just throw out the Superman subtext, and start a thread entitled 'Battle Angel'?

How weird.

EPIIIBITES
This is breaking news about Superman that just came out a couple days ago...and the Battle Angel thing was relevant but not the point of my thread.

Maybe a thread should be started about BA...cause it's probably gonna be the movie event of the decade...good point.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Even excluding the double post, you've already written more about 'Battle Angel' in this thread than you have about 3D IMAX 'Superman'! Why not just ask a mod to change the title of this thread?

EPIIIBITES
'Cause I don't want to change the title of this thread...it's about the artistic decision made to show some of a movie in 3D.

The BA thing was just something that came to mind as I was writing about it and thought would interest people (all I did was copy and paste an article. I hardly wrote anything about it)...and I haven't any plans to talk about it further.

Are you like a moderator, er...?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Er, no, er. I just, er, thought your, er, post was peculiar, er. Perculiar, er, things inter-er-est me. Er.

EPIIIBITES
?

Wolfie
Never bothered to find an IMAX, especially for another crappy Superman sequel.

botankus
You'll have to excuse Krunky for his jarbled English. He's been beating up on whobdamandog a little too much, and has suffered the aftereffects. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.