Thor (without Mjolnir) vs. Hercules .. in a Fist Fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
Thor has given the Hulk a good fight... without Mjolnir... but he loosed this match

how he would do against Hercules ?

juggernaut66666
had been done it was a stalemate

Betageuze
wouldnt it be a great fight....

i mean... dont underestimate Thor without Mjolnir.... he has given a brutal Hulk a good fight... but in the end... hasnt a chance

ok... perhaps a stalemate would be fair.....

juggernaut66666
no it has happened in comics it was a stalemate fight

jrodslam
Slight edge to Herc. Hes a better h2h combatant.

DarkCrawler
I'd say the result would be quite same as in Blood Oath...edge to Herc.

leonidas
yep. in blood oath thor himself acknowledged that herc was the better h2h combatant. herc would have choked thor out had thor not used his hammer.

batdude123
Hercules would more than likely beat Thor without Mjolnir.

King KAM
Originally posted by leonidas
yep. in blood oath thor himself acknowledged that herc was the better h2h combatant. herc would have choked thor out had thor not used his hammer. thor didnt use his hammer, zeus hit hercules with a lightning bolt.

and herc would kill thor

CaptainStoic
Yea they stalemated, in a match that lasted for months.

leonidas
Originally posted by King KAM
thor didnt use his hammer, zeus hit hercules with a lightning bolt.

and herc would kill thor

it was thor. herc tells thor he cheated, thor says the sky is like his arms but they reach up to the heavens or something like that.

the gods are asking zeus to STOP the lightning, but it was thor you unleashed it.

herc>thor in h2h and is probably slightly (very slightly) stronger. no hammer herc wins the vast majority, methinks, unless thor loses it and goes warrior mad.

paolo2143
everyone seems to be using bloodoath to conclude that hercules is better h2h and maybe stronger too but i totally disagree it flies in the face of 40 years of marvel history,what about thor 221 where h2h thor is clearly getting better of herc or even their very first encounter where herc acknowledges to himself that thor is EASILY his equal in strength and his hammer makes a mockery of his own mace,at the very least thor has always held his own h2h against herc and has always been shown to be as strong if not stronger especially in the silver age.

leonidas
Originally posted by paolo2143
everyone seems to be using bloodoath to conclude that hercules is better h2h and maybe stronger too but i totally disagree it flies in the face of 40 years of marvel history,what about thor 221 where h2h thor is clearly getting better of herc or even their very first encounter where herc acknowledges to himself that thor is EASILY his equal in strength and his hammer makes a mockery of his own mace,at the very least thor has always held his own h2h against herc and has always been shown to be as strong if not stronger especially in the silver age.

that's true but in general we tend to use more current depictions as the more accurate ones. herc has also done much better against hulk than thor did without his hammer. wasp has said he is the strongest avenger they ever had.

there is evidence for both, but i still say herc.

JohnR
I think it would either be a stalemate or Thor would win.

Strength: tie or slight edge to Hercules
Skill: tie or slight edge to Hercules
Overall: Hercules on paper, but Thor does well against foes who should beat him.

Thor 5.5/10

badabing
This ones way too close. Does anyone have any pics that they can post of previous battles Thor and Herc had.

Mr Master
Has anyone seen that comic where Hercules battles Thor hand to hand, and then ends up lifting Manhattan Island?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Mr Master
Has anyone seen that comic where Hercules battles Thor hand to hand, and then ends up lifting Manhattan Island?

Well then, here it is.

Psyquis52
Dear God! eek! That's almost as awesome as when Hulk held up a mountain! I'd say Hercules wins.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Dear God! eek! That's almost as awesome as when Hulk held up a mountain! I'd say Hercules wins.

I personally think its more impressive. Herc basically curles and island while Hulk braced a mountain on his back. That feat is much easier than curling an entire island imo. Especially considering Hulk only had it braced on his back for a few seconds. Both feats are impressive however.

Psyquis52
I wasn't going to be the one to say that it's more impressive 'cause I didn't want to call down the fury of Hulk fanboys. But if you're willing to take the stand more power to ya brother.

jrodslam
Indeed i am. My pwer to me Happy Dance

leonidas
Originally posted by Psyquis52

only until you realize it never really happened. herc was telling a story to a girl and made the whole fight up. it was a silly issue. but funny.

now in a copy of marvel team up he DRAGGED manhattan island by hand. impressive, but lifting it? never happened . . .

(ps -- that's why scans aren't always reliable -- they don't have the surrounding context)

blackfog
I love Thor but sadlly without Mjolnir Hurcs got this.

CaptainStoic
Didn't they already fight under these conditions? I may be wrong, because it was a long time since I read the comic, but I thought they stalemated.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Betageuze
Thor has given the Hulk a good fight... without Mjolnir... but he loosed this match

how he would do against Hercules ?

Under normal circumstances, Thor and Herc are pretty much equal in strength, but when Thor loses his inhibitions, he starts tapping into his "godliness" which boosts his strength such that he can easily knock around the Surfer and Beta Ray Bill, the latter being roughly as physically strong as Thor or Hercules.

However, I think it's probably fair to say that Hercules should have better grappling skills due to his Greek heritage. It's probably quite fair to say that under normal circumstances, like boxing heavy weights, both have one punch knock out power.

So, under normal circumstances, whoever gets a good punch in early can knock the other out, but if it comes down to grappling, Hercules takes it.

The only exception to the above conclusion is a King Thor, who has no inhibitions, or an insane Thor. As stated above, the strength of Thor in these states is amplified well beyond his purely physical strength through tapping into his innate power.

King KAM
Hercules is the man, and thor shall not ever defeat him without PIS in hand to hand,

Hercules is far thor's superior in grappling, hercules is a GREAT wrestler who should outclass thor by multiples in strength, he also is older, and has way more h2h considering that his pantheron wars far more often than thor's

paolo2143
loved thor 356 hercules was at his magnificent comedy boastful self he is a loveable rogue but the very fact he made up that story to impress the children shows that he does have doubts about who is stronger himself or thor.I do agree leonadis that people ae tending to neglect history and just look at the present when trying to compare power levels but the trouble with this is they fluctuate so much being an old timer i still go by the way the characters were portrayed when they were first created by stan and jack as their opinion should count more than anyones since they created the characters and knew how strong and powerful they meant them to be.Thor was definitely marvels top dog then and as i said was always shown to be at least as strong as herc and as good a fighter and also could stand toe to toe with an enraged hulk defenders 10 being a classic example.

Tshern
Here's Herc telling the aforementioned story
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2443/hercmanhattan2du.jpg

paolo2143
sorry king kam but i disagree we ae not not talking about mythology here we are talking marvel thor and hercules and there is no way herc shold be or is way stronger than thor, they are virtual equals in strength and h2h herc is better wrestler but i think thor has always been a better brawler ,pure fistfight could go either way.

Mr. Valentine
no, herc would win after a good fight i would say herc takes this about 5.5/10 he is a better H2H fighter

leonidas
Originally posted by paolo2143
loved thor 356 hercules was at his magnificent comedy boastful self he is a loveable rogue but the very fact he made up that story to impress the children shows that he does have doubts about who is stronger himself or thor.I do agree leonadis that people ae tending to neglect history and just look at the present when trying to compare power levels but the trouble with this is they fluctuate so much being an old timer i still go by the way the characters were portrayed when they were first created by stan and jack as their opinion should count more than anyones since they created the characters and knew how strong and powerful they meant them to be.Thor was definitely marvels top dog then and as i said was always shown to be at least as strong as herc and as good a fighter and also could stand toe to toe with an enraged hulk defenders 10 being a classic example.

that's fair enough, no doubt. i think more recently though, marvel has opted to make herc the (very) slightly physical superior. thor is certainly the more powerful overall, but i think marvel wanted to boost herc a little and so since he can't beat thor while he has his hammer, i think they figured it was all right to have him at least seem superior to thor when he DOEN'T have the hammer. it is very close, no doubt, but again, i give the advantage to herc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.