Captain America Vs. The Lizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
I have a five year old daughter (almost six) who already loves comics and she asked me a very good question today....

"Who would win in a fight between Captain America and The Lizard?"

The more I thought about it, the more stumped I was. I told her I don't know...that was a very good question and I would have to get some help on this one...

Could Cap take down one of Spidey's most fearsome and savage foes? Hmmmm, I don't know and I thought this would be a good fight....so, let's say the fight takes place down in the NYC sewers and Cap has his shield and The Lizard is out for blood....who wins?

triplethreat99
Captain America would dominate the Lizard.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by triplethreat99
Captain America would dominate the Lizard.

That's what I thought too....at first!! And the more I thought about it, the more I scratched my head...

The Lizard is bigger, stronger, faster, has razor sharp claws and teeth, can regenerate, heal rapidly, and climb surfaces, and can use his tail as a powerful weapon. Not to mention the fact that he has a tough, scaley hide that makes him hard to hurt...

Sure Cap has his shield, but when Cap's got tails, teeth, claws, coming at him from someone that is about 10 times stronger than himself on top of him with dagger-like fangs at his throat, is a shield enough? Spidey has trouble with the Lizard, and would probably be Lizard-food by now if it wasn't for his strengh and speed...Cap's strength and speed are enhanced, but nowhere near the Lizard's. So, how exactly would Cap win?

NBT x 20
The lizard!

Redatom65
Captain has taken down more experienced more powerful adversaries. Captain America knows every fighting style. If Spidey can beat him then cap can beat him

grey fox
Lizard , he's much stronger,faster and can tear out caps throat with relative ease.

samishe
Originally posted by grey fox
Lizard , he's much stronger,faster and can tear out caps throat with relative ease.

Agreed, Lizard could tear Cap apart.

Etrigan
LIzard would beat Cap 7/10.

Sixth_Winged
i dunno anymore, Cap's jobber aura is too daunting...

samishe
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
i dunno anymore, Cap's jobber aura is too daunting...

LOL nice signiture.

Sixth_Winged
Thanks stick out tongue i tweaked it a little bit from version .1. Now Logan has a say..............for 4 secs of course big grin

MadMel
lizard, i reckon...he is stronger, faster, and has healing abilities...plus he can control a large army of reptiles to distract cap.

samishe
Originally posted by MadMel
lizard, i reckon...he is stronger, faster, and has healing abilities...plus he can control a large army of reptiles to distract cap.

To distract?
To EAT is the right word.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Redatom65
Captain has taken down more experienced more powerful adversaries. Captain America knows every fighting style. If Spidey can beat him then cap can beat him

Nah.... Spidey hurts his fists punching the Lizard.... Cap would break his bones doing the same

Cap isn't fast enough to avoid him or strong enough to hurt him

There's a Spidey quote i like when refering to the Lizard:

"He's Three times as strong as one Spider-Man, but luckily, he's only half as smart as two of us"

samishe
Originally posted by Scoobless
Nah.... Spidey hurts his fists punching the Lizard.... Cap would break his bones doing the same

"He's Three times as strong as one Spider-Man, but luckily, he's only half as smart as two of us"

He isn't really strong like three spiders, is he? I always thought he's class15.

grey fox
Originally posted by samishe
He isn't really strong like three spiders, is he? I always thought he's class15.

So did i ?

Murda Mase
Lizard could beat him.

Just because Spider-Man can beat Lizard doesn't mean nothing, because Spidey would own Cap too.

Thanos_6383
Lizard feasts on Captain America

Scoobless
Originally posted by samishe
He isn't really strong like three spiders, is he?

I doubt it.... good quote though ... smile

Lizard has had various strength levels depending on the circumstances of his mutation.... he has always been stronger and more durable than Spider-Man though.... in fact i think his skin is bullet-proof to small caliber weapons

And he is a very cunning fighter

Murda Mase
Plus most of Spider-Man's villians are stronger then him or powers that are better.

Thats part of what makes his books so good, watching him overcome the odds.

batdude123
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Plus most of Spider-Man's villians are stronger then him or powers that are better.

Thats part of what makes his books so good, watching him overcome the odds.

yes

meep-meep
Originally posted by Scoobless

Only half as smart as two of us? Is spiderman saying that the Lizard is as smart as one Spidey? I know that can't be what he means to say. Somebody help me out here...

grey fox
Originally posted by meep-meep
Only half as smart as two of us? Is spiderman saying that the Lizard is as smart as one Spidey? I know that can't be what he means to say. Somebody help me out here...

I had that in mind as well when i read it ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.