Shimarra vs Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
wow! It has been a long time! Mace gets 3 hours to read over a data pad on the vong and shimarra gets armor and his amphistaff. Who wins?

tdtd
I would take the supreme overlord over Mace. It took Luke all he's got to take down the overlord after destroying the army.

Darth Avis
I also think the overlord but luke DESTROYED THE ARMY.

tdtd
Right, and Luke had time to study the Vong, Mace wouldn't have a clue how to defeat them.

Darth Avis
note the data pad part in the beggining...

Faunus
I'd take actual combat experience over a datapad anyday. Shimrra would probably take Mace after a difficult duel.

Where does the battle take place? In a non-bioengineered enviroment, Mace may be able to find an advantage in the Force, and his shatterpoint ability's potential uses.

Darth Avis
On earth in NYC smile

Wesker
The Vong should be retconned out of Star Wars for sheer queerness.

Darth Avis
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!

tdtd
Queer or not the Vong are sexy

Darth Avis
erm

Wesker
This from the man who digs gay Luke.

tdtd
Luke isn't gay, don't be jealous because he's more man than you.

Wesker
I don't think I could be jealous of Luke. I mean, he lived on a desert planet with his narrowminded uncle for twenty years, lost his hand, and got shocked for like ten minutes.

Darth Avis
And Became UBER.

tdtd
And made out with his hot sister.

Council#13
And married one hot woman

Darth Avis
Back on topic. Mace is the second strongest PT jedi. Will the overlord realy beat him?

tdtd
1. Yes because Mace knows nothing about the Vong.
2. NJO Luke, who is superior to Mace in all walks of life, had great difficulty against the overlord...

Illustrious
Originally posted by tdtd
1. Yes because Mace knows nothing about the Vong.
2. NJO Luke, who is superior to Mace in all walks of life, had great difficulty against the overlord...

Not in New York, there's too much for Mace to drop on his head.

Luke has so many inconsistent and fluctuating showings that it's impossible for anyone to place him. I could just as easily say that the showings Mace put on in the CW series would beat Shimrra.

tdtd
Ah lol. Forgot about good old New York

Darth Avis
But this is not Teh uber mace frum teh CW. this is ROTS mace and can he drop things on the overlords head before getting hit with a blast bug. A good slab would take mace a moment to break off and by then he will be blow to bits.

Captain REX
I wish to note that the whole 'jealous of Luke' thing there was the stupidest thing I've read in here yet.

I say Mace, because I hate the Vong.

And 'Teh uber mace frum teh CW' should be the same or even not as good as 'ROTS mace' because it takes place before Episode III and Mace has suffered no crippling injuries and has no reason to have gotten worse other than no longer being a cartoon.

Continue...

tdtd
I'm glad you approve Rex, my life would be empty without your input.

Alkaselzer
I know.

Faunus
Originally posted by Darth Avis
But this is not Teh uber mace frum teh CW. this is ROTS mace and can he drop things on the overlords head before getting hit with a blast bug. A good slab would take mace a moment to break off and by then he will be blow to bits.

The SW Databank sez that he ''single-handedly'' decimated the droid army and seismic tank on Dantooine. So. . .

And Avis. You have Ganner whirling around the Great Door, battering Vong and deflecting the projectiles. I don't think Mace would have much trouble dodging one of those things and letting it bring down a small building, then just WTFchucking things at Shimrra.

Darth Avis
That was ganner possesed by the force. Normal Ganner will get pwned by a few powerful YV warriors. And Can mace bring down a small building? If he can destroy a droid army how did he get shot like a ***** in Shatterpoint?

Faunus
Jee, having your lightsaber sabotaged can tend to do that to you. . .

Read my post. I said that the blast or thudbugs could bring down a building. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Mace could do so himself by putting pressure on a building's shatterpoints.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Faunus
Jee, having your lightsaber sabotaged can tend to do that to you. . .

Couldn't he of dodged? he didnt deflect every blast the droid army shot at him...

Faunus
Avis, have you even read Shatterpoint? He doesn't know that his lightsaber was messed with: he gets ambushed, tries to defend himself with his lightsaber, and gets knocked out by the stun bolts that pass through its weakened blade. Later, we have him deflecting bolts from gunship turrets and dozens of insane guerilla warriors.

Darth Avis
i read it last year actually and forgot a large portion of it.

jollyjim311
Plus dodging Bugs won't matter. It says Shimarra gets an amphistaff and armor. No bugs.

Traya
Originally posted by Faunus
The SW Databank sez that he ''single-handedly'' decimated the droid army and seismic tank on Dantooine. So. . .

And Avis. You have Ganner whirling around the Great Door, battering Vong and deflecting the projectiles. I don't think Mace would have much trouble dodging one of those things and letting it bring down a small building, then just WTFchucking things at Shimrra.

Please don't tell me you accept the CW Cartoon as canon...

Borbarad
Originally posted by Darth Avis
That was ganner possesed by the force. Normal Ganner will get pwned by a few powerful YV warriors. And Can mace bring down a small building? If he can destroy a droid army how did he get shot like a ***** in Shatterpoint?

Shatterpoint is pretty much the Mace-Bible:
- arriving on Haruun Kal he gets ambushed by two guards who think of themselves being lucky to have survived a fight against naked Mace.
- he gets hit by a stun bolt which passes through his sabotaged saber but still manages to escape that little trap
- he takes down two gunboats which have blaster turrets
- Depa (who is still inferior to Mace) picks up two lightsabers and redirects 7 blaster bolts fired from two different directions into a hole on a gunship while she flies on a gunship herself (so she's moving, gets shot from two different directions and redirects the bolts into a small hole on another moving target)
- Mace little "fist fight" with Kar Vastor (movement so fast it was "invisible" to Kar - he blocks two strikes and hits Vastor on different body parts 6 times in less than a second)
- even if the CW cartoons are exeggareting the actual action - fact remains that Mace took down the seismic tank on his own

So I think Mace might be able to win this fight if he has an enviroment to destroy with force powers and can use his Shatterpoint ability (which works on the enviroment too) to find weak points. Giving him some knowledge (datapad) before the fight (armor weak spots, force immunity, amphistaff properties) might also help.

tdtd
Traya whether you like it or not, the cartoons are somewhat Canon

Xepeyon
Originally posted by tdtd
Traya whether you like it or not, the cartoons are somewhat Canon

No...That's not true.......That's IMPOSSIBLE!

NOOOOOOO!

tdtd
lol

Wesker
I never got the impression that Mace was THAT uber from reading Shatterpoint.

kamikz
Me neither actually....oh well.

((The_Anomaly))
No, I didnt either.

And the CW cartoons are somewhat canon, in terms of basic events and story. But not the uber abilities that the Jedi/ Sith seem to have. It contradicts the movies to say that they can do those things.

Faunus
Originally posted by Traya
Please don't tell me you accept the CW Cartoon as canon...

Star Wars Databank, not cartoons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.