World of STARCRAFT!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/worldofstarcraft/news.html?sid=6146918

Fresh off the heels of the World of Warcraft success, Blizzard brings us World of Starcraft, a Sci-Fi MMO set in the space universe of Starcraft. In addition to the original three races, there will be a fourth unnamed race, and a variety of character classes available to each.

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/089/reviews/932394_20060331_screen001.jpg

too bad this is 99.9% an april fools joke.. could be an amazing game if they really did it

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. this (if it were seriously to be in development sometime down the road) would be quite a mistake... MMO based on RTS... in my personal opinion RTS doesnt cross over into full-blown RPG well... WoW's fault was that they added too many BS classes that werent anywhere near the warcraft series classes

however.. considering thats a photomanip... I'd say those sprites were ripped off of StarCraft : Ghost.. which in fact, is a good game idea.. I just really hate the cartoony crap.. it had its novelty in war3 and wow.. but now its just getting a bit tired for me

DarkC
That was excellent photoshopping.

BackFire
lol @ the robot with the yellow explamation point over his head.

MadMel
hehehe yah laughing

b-dan
I totally saw this coming now that Star Craft: Ghost is out whats next World of Diablo

forumcrew
diablo could just be called diablo 3, as its already that type of game and not an RTS conversion

Jedi Shmedi
I think it's a gamespot April Fools joke wink

Edit* hehe didn't notice the spoiler line at the bottom

JKozzy
Originally posted by b-dan
I totally saw this coming now that Star Craft: Ghost is out whats next World of Diablo

Uhh.....

Starcraft: Ghost is NOT out... erm

MadMel
depends on whats country mate...shifty...evil face

MarioX
its out in quarter 4 2006 dude u dont have it nobody has it

Lana
There's a long while before it's out....

MadMel
dude..i was kidden. hence the 'shifty' and 'evil face'..SC G aint coming out for a while

CommandahKeen
Starcraft Ghost is moving to the next gen consoles, so it's been delayed indefinitely dude.

SaTsuJiN
I dont think people will purchase it for next-gen consoles looking the way it does... its called next-gen for a reason afterall

edit : rofl! its not even on their website anymore http://www.blizzard.com/ (SC : Ghost)

JKozzy
Yep, that means it won't be out until 2009 probably stick out tongue

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by b-dan

Already is "World of Diablo" Its Called "Guild Wars" The makers of Diablo Teamed up with Some people from Blizzard to make GW.

It even feels like Diablo in 3rd person, down to the rare item colors, unique items, Identifying... everything! Flesh Golems in D2 are basically Minions in GW, same graphics and everything, same armour (based on Diablo 2) In GW. (based on the graphics + functions, only expanded)

The only difference is that you can not get any weapons or Armour with say 17 attributes.

Anyways, an ACTUAL "World of Diablo" Would just be using the name "Diablo" to sell copies, I mean look at how many similar MMORPGs there are out there, Everquest, FF XI, Elder Scrolls, Guild Wars, WoW.....

List goes on if you include Tabula Rasa, Auto Assault, City of Villains / Heros, Star Wars Galaxies, Matrix online etc etc.

Mišt
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
I mean look at how many similar MMORPGs there are out there, Everquest, FF XI, Elder Scrolls, Guild Wars, WoW......

*slaps* sneaky2

Anyways, World of Starcraft? I'd hit itshock

Koala MeatPie

Mišt
schmoll No excuses.

MadMel
laughing out loud...it'd be nice if it was real...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.