KMC GFX Club?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

H.S.
Should KMC have a GFX Club for the Sigmakers? I think it would be an awesome idea. wink

NBT x 20
What's GFX?

BakaXero
Originally posted by H.S.
Should KMC have a GFX Club for the Sigmakers? I think it would be an awesome idea. wink
care to elaborate?

taft
What would be the point?

TOH
Originally posted by NBT x 20
What's GFX?

Originally posted by BakaXero
care to elaborate?

Originally posted by taft
What would be the point?

*joins*

What?

Lana
Gfx = lazy shorthand for graphics.

I personally don't see much of a point, the sigmakers tend to all stick together as it is and we really don't need something that would be seen as elitism from other people.

NBT x 20
Yea! Because i'm still in training!! stick out tongue

H.S.
Originally posted by Lana
Gfx = lazy shorthand for graphics.

I personally don't see much of a point, the sigmakers tend to all stick together as it is and we really don't need something that would be seen as elitism from other people.
I hought you said it was a good idea..

Lana
I said it'd be cool.

Doesn't mean I think it's necessary though.

H.S.
O I C.

NBT x 20
Originally posted by NBT x 20
Yea! Because i'm still in training!! stick out tongue

H. S. 6
I'm all for it, but... how would we decide who joins? What would we do? Why do I smell the faint scent of burning popcorn in my basement? erm

So many questions...

Agon
I don't think KMC should have a Graphics Club. But I do think we can expand on the Signature Forum Part. Like maybe add a render Subforum. Or add something like a render/c4d subforum, where people can post their arts if they make any, and this way we would expand and not have to rely as much on other forums for stuff.

Lana
Well, I've been asked about both render and tutorial subforums, and have knocked down both ideas.

That I know of, only Ken, DW, and myself have ever actually made renders, and I'm the only one who's written any tutorials (because Barker's too lazy to finish his stick out tongue). So it's not something that people here do a lot, and you shouldn't really repost things that other people have made without permission.

As for other art, there's an Artwork forum where any other art can go, the sig forum used to be a subforum of it.

DigiMark007
Hmmm, yeah, and more subforums are a slippery slope anyway, especially since the duel forum just went up recently.

And I render my own stuff often enough (and I'm sure there's assorted others that do as well), but don't bother to post them anywhere...mainly from laziness.

BakaXero
i only render with images i use no expression

H. S. 6
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hmmm, yeah, and more subforums are a slippery slope anyway, especially since the duel forum just went up recently.

And I render my own stuff often enough (and I'm sure there's assorted others that do as well), but don't bother to post them anywhere...mainly from laziness.

But do you render render, as in, whip out the pen or lasso, zoom in, and extract that sucker?

Because that's a pain in the ass. And I've only done it once. stick out tongue

Lana
Originally posted by H. S. 6
But do you render render, as in, whip out the pen or lasso, zoom in, and extract that sucker?

Because that's a pain in the ass. And I've only done it once. stick out tongue

I've done it a few times. It's definitely a pain.

You should see the one I started the other night....holy crap I think I was insane to bother trying it blink

Alliance
I prefer the zoom in and extract method..mainly because I don't know how to render...laughing out loud

A club would be interesting, but I'm definately not convinced.

taft
when i render things, i usually use the quick mask happy, cuz it doesnt have to be flawless

Alliance
what are we defining as a "render"

Fatal Smoke
I have tis extension for CS2 that renders almost instantly...I'll give the name when I get home...

taft
Magic Wand?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Fatal Smoke
I have tis extension for CS2 that renders almost instantly...I'll give the name when I get home...

Yeah, but for a render to be done well, it has to be done precisely.

It's harder than it looks. erm

Lana
Originally posted by Alliance
what are we defining as a "render"

An image that has the background cut out and is saved as a PNG so that it's transparent.

Alliance
oh...so my sig is considered a render because its a cut out shape?

i.e. so certain parts are transparent?

H. S. 6
oh...so my sig is considered a render because its a cut out shape?

i.e. so certain parts are transparent?

No. A render, in this sense, is an image that has a transparent background, so only the main focus (character, object, etc.) is left.

Alliance
ok..so when i cut out a figure and use it in a sig...thats a render. I always thought a render implied a 3D graphics program.

Fatal Smoke
The attachment is called vertus fuid mask...It's supposed to work really well, but I haven't invested enough time to figure it out fully...

DigiMark007
I never use the lasso thingy....I'd go insane. But there's easier methods, and I actually don't mind rendering stuff. It opens up the number of images you can use a ton, rather than needing to find pngs all the time.

....on a side note, I'm pretty sure Iron Man is one of the most sig-friendly characters in the world. I have yet to see a bad sig with him in it, and DC's recent sig is a prime example, as is Smoke's above me. smile

Lana
ok..so when i cut out a figure and use it in a sig...thats a render. I always thought a render implied a 3D graphics program.

Well, there's two types of renders; one is images rendered in a program (like 3D or fractals), the other refers to an image cut out for use in signatures, wallpapers, etc. Usually on here when we use the word render we're referring to the latter.

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I never use the lasso thingy....I'd go insane. But there's easier methods, and I actually don't mind rendering stuff. It opens up the number of images you can use a ton, rather than needing to find pngs all the time.

....on a side note, I'm pretty sure Iron Man is one of the most sig-friendly characters in the world. I have yet to see a bad sig with him in it, and DC's recent sig is a prime example, as is Smoke's above me. smile

Pen tool's best for rendering I've found yes I think there's something similar in Gimp called paths.

LanceWindu
I'm a Pen Tool whore. yes

I need to get rendering again, so...Lana, would it be alright if I opened up a single thread for my renders in the main Signature forum when I get more done?

Lana
If you want to do that, go right ahead.

Eternal Turmoil
Well, I've been asked about both render and tutorial subforums, and have knocked down both ideas.

Meany!!! stick out tongue

Alliance
I dont think they deserve their own forums...its just a part of making a good sig.

DigiMark007
Pen tool's best for rendering I've found yes I think there's something similar in Gimp called paths.

Yeah, pretty much the same thing...my first few I didn't know about it though and went half insane with the lasso. erm

Fatal Smoke
I'm tellin ya, try Vertus Fuid Mask...

Alliance
nothing beat the good old slow, yet perfect eraser tool

Lana
I've used the eraser, lasso, and pen tool to cut out images....

Pen tool works best in my opinion. It gives you the most control and it's the easiest to fix your mistakes with.

H. S. 6
I've used the eraser, lasso, and pen tool to cut out images....

Pen tool works best in my opinion. It gives you the most control and it's the easiest to fix your mistakes with.

yes

Barker
Barker's too lazy to finish his stick out tongue
Here's what I have so Far, It it helps Anyone no expression

Fatal Smoke
Originally posted by Fatal Smoke
I'm tellin ya, try Vertus Fuid Mask...

Fatal Smoke
Originally posted by Barker
Here's what I have so Far, It it helps Anyone no expression
I wonder where I've seen that style... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.