Martian Manhunter vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gflash
I say the Martian takes this one.

CaptainStoic
I've got to go with the Hulk on this one, Manhunter has poor endurance, so if the Hulk can somehow resist his TP then I think he will beat him into jelly. IMO Manhunters only saving grace is his TP he does possess flight, but The Hulk has beaten fly boys before.

badabing
Stupid Martian can't play mind tricks on Hulk. Hulk is stronger and greener. Hulk smash!

Hit and Run
MM definitely has more advantages and should take the majority. However, Hulk has shown incredible willpower in the past, so beating him via telepathy is iffy. And Hulk has shown very high tolerance to the pain from being phased through by Vision.

Hulk's biggest chance here would be to use his signature thunderclap move effectively, but even then, it's iffy if that can help him too much against the Martian.

Basically, I'd say MM 7-8/10

Validus
I hope you guys are kidding. This isn't a comic book so J'onn doesn't have to job to make others look better.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2899/jla81eu2sy.th.jpg

That's what a non jobbing MM looks like.

badabing
Originally posted by Hit and Run
MM definitely has more advantages and should take the majority. However, Hulk has shown incredible willpower in the past, so beating him via telepathy is iffy. And Hulk has shown very high tolerance to the pain from being phased through by Vision.

Hulk's biggest chance here would be to use his signature thunderclap move effectively, but even then, it's iffy if that can help him too much against the Martian.

Basically, I'd say MM 7-8/10
Hulk is greener and stronger. No one beats Hulk. NO ONE! Just being a fan boy on this one. big grin

batdude123
All J'onzz has to do is become intangible and put his hand in Hulks head and pull out his brain.

Hit and Run
Originally posted by Validus
I hope you guys are kidding. This isn't a comic book so J'onn doesn't have to job to make others look better.

That's what a non jobbing MM looks like.
MM kicks ass. It's a shame he loses more fights than every other member of the Big 7 combined.

He needs more showings like that.

ChaoticReign
Definately MM. Too many possibilities for him to lose.

TheKahn
Originally posted by batdude123
All J'onzz has to do is become intangible and put his hand in Hulks head and pull out his brain.

In addition to intangibility he has invisibility, super speed, and flight. No matter how strong the Hulk becomes he should never be able to lay a hand on MM. The brain pulling trick could work or he could just turn invisible and wait for the Hulk to transform back to Banner.

Validus
I prefer the "steal a few hundred thousand tons of mass from the Earth and squash him" technique.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3245/japan59bu1ok.th.jpg

TheKahn
I prefer the "steal a few hundred thousand tons of mass from the Earth and squash him" technique.

surprise

I don't know what to say...

Horrificus
MM

badabing
The Martian can't beat this:

Wally West
J'onn is to versatile to lose to Hulk really, in a comic he'd probably try going toe-to-toe with Hulk and forget his powers and get knocked out though, then Superman would come and save the day.

He could just turn intangible until Hulk reverts to Banner.

meep-meep
MM all the way.

Juntai

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3245/japan59bu1ok.th.jpg In the latest JLA Classified, MM went microscopic in size.

Mindship

...whooaa...

1. As long as he doesn't go toe-to-toe, MM wins, by a number of ways (and I like Hulk!)
2. Someone needs to beef up the MM Respect Thread. If done right, KMC may see MM in a new light, just like with Namor.
3. #2 could happen if MM trades in his Village People costume for something cool.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mindship
...whooaa...

1. As long as he doesn't go toe-to-toe, MM wins, by a number of ways (and I like Hulk!)
2. Someone needs to beef up the MM Respect Thread. If done right, KMC may see MM in a new light, just like with Namor.
3. #2 could happen if MM trades in his Village People costume for something cool.

laughing

I have to agree on all points thumb up

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindship
...whooaa...

yes

batdude123
There's no way that somebody like MM with soooooooooooo much versatility could lose to a one-dimensional opponent like Hulk, imo.

Darksaint
Don't forget MM's telepathy; MM surpasses Prof. X. He constantly scans the minds of EVERYONE on earth on a daily basis, and has done numberous mind swipes.

badabing
Originally posted by Darksaint
Don't forget MM's telepathy; MM surpasses Prof. X. He constantly scans the minds of EVERYONE on earth on a daily basis, and has done numberous mind swipes.
Wouldn't be easier for the Martian to read Hulk's mind and realize all he needs to do is calm him down?

Metalmanx
I don't really believe this to be much of a fight at all.

I mean, if you want to get technical, Martian Manhunter is more powerful than Superman. And Superman can take the Hulk out with his abundance of different, efficient powers.

MM has this one in the bag, in my opinion. Super strength is the worst thing to use against MM.

spetznaz
Random picture of MM taking out UltraMan (the evil Superman from another dimension):

Ownage:

http://www.monitorduty.com/mdarchives/earth2.jpg

Anyways, Jjon is said to be the most powerful being on DC earth for a reason.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Darksaint
Don't forget MM's telepathy; MM surpasses Prof. X.

That's debatable. Professor X in 616 has never used the full extent of his abilities. When they were unleashed, combined with Magneto's rage, you got Onslaught.

Anyway, MM wins this.

mighty adam
mm is a beast he has too many powers to lose to the hulk. plus he is too fast and his strength is up there with the hulks. im a big hulk fan but mm takes it.

grey fox
Mind rape ensues.

Psyquis52
I concur. MM wins this one.
Can't MM shape change as well?
So he reads Hulks mind and turns into Betty or Rick Jones or someone and Hulk is so shocked by what he sees that he calms all the way down and subdues to a constant mental impression to sleep. Did I say that right?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
That's debatable. Professor X in 616 has never used the full extent of his abilities. When they were unleashed, combined with Magneto's rage, you got Onslaught.
Fernus > Onslaught

Superherovandal
seriously Onslaught is Xavier plus magneto and we all know that in MU that EM powers affect psionics meaning that Xavier could never ever be that powerful telepathically speaking.

Thunderstrike
Meh. I don't wanna debate Prof's powers. I could make a whole essay about Onslaught and such, but I'm gonna stick to the topic.

Martian Manhunter wins.

Superherovandal
I think we can all agree on that.

bigboygreen
Hulk squashes him into green goup.

Dayscribe
Originally posted by bigboygreen
Hulk squashes him into green goup.

Too bad Hulk sucks.

MM wins via mind-rape, or just tearing Hulk's organs out, or by many other ways.

Crease
Much like Superman, reading someone debating Hulk possibly defeating MM is a clear sign of the apocolypse.

king creole
MM

Megadragon15
The win definitely goes to the Oreo loving Martian Manhunter.

bigbran
MM 10000/10000

jasofisc
MM wins if he's written right he can take out just about anyone

Jimmy-Chan
J'onn wins the majority, but if they're both written as they usually are, it wouldn't be easy.

bigbran
Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
J'onn wins the majority, but if they're both written as they usually are, it wouldn't be easy. Ya, he might have little bit of difficulty getting that last 10000th win in a row...

Soljer
Originally posted by bigbran
Ya, he might have little bit of difficulty getting that last 10000th win in a row...

He said 'if they are both written as they usually are.'

Meaning, the Manhunter has to sit there and pretend like he's a whipping post, and the Hulk gets his MASSIVE Jobber aura.

And the Manhunter would STILL take 10/10.

Martian_mind
Lol to true Jonn has a better healing factor and can turn into a hulklike state of being Id post but i dont yet know how to do a link

Brutacus
Originally posted by Soljer
He said 'if they are both written as they usually are.'

Meaning, the Manhunter has to sit there and pretend like he's a whipping post, and the Hulk gets his MASSIVE Jobber aura.

Jobber Aura????

Ok hulk does win against some powerful characters, still he also loses to some very weak characters.

DevilGoblin
MM would last 3 seconds. The Hulk would destroy him as he destroyed the Vision.

Hulk 10/10

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by Soljer

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

other proof you are only an hulk detractor laughing laughing out loud

Hulk wins 10/10 and do me a favour start reading hulk comics....(please)

xmarksthespot
Let me guess? DevilHulk?

Start being sane please.

juggernaut66666
Luk at teh hulk hiz big grin and vhery angry he winzzzzz!!!!!

guy222
Originally posted by gflash
I say the Martian takes this one.

hulk savage
still easy win cool

Martian_mind
Not really, no

guy222
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Not really, no

i still like hulk for the majority
sound fair wink

Martian_mind
Meh wateva floats your boat.but that doesn't mean hulk wins

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Accel
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3245/japan59bu1ok.th.jpg no expression

Martian_mind
We know all that,were just to tired to debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.