The Watchers vs. The Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Major battle that would tare a galaxy or two in half. The Celestials have misused their powers for the last time and the Watchers aren't going to sit around and let it happen again. Which side wins?

inamilist
arent they already at war?

batdude123
Yes, but this is the final battle with every single being on the battlefield.

Sixth_Winged
The celestials....i don't think it escalated into a full-scale war in 616, but it seems that the watchers were pretty much fighting a hopeless battle.

inamilist
lol

do the watchers have individuals with powers like Exitar or TOAA?

how does the average watcher compare to a Celectial

In the What if? where surfer doesn't betray galactus, he is able to just remove a watcher from existance, and thats a weak galactus....

batdude123
The have Uatau. lol.

golem370
Fantastic Four 398 to 400 it really happens

batdude123
^ Who wins?

Wynndar
F4 turn the tables and allow the Watchers to win...but since they have a code not to interfer, the Watchers couldnt take an active role in preventing their own destruction.

guy222
Originally posted by batdude123
Major battle that would tare a galaxy or two in half. The Celestials have misused their powers for the last time and the Watchers aren't going to sit around and let it happen again. Which side wins?

Celestials>Watchers

grey fox
Dont the Watchers outnumber the celestials ?

Endless Mike
Didn't a Watcher nearly destroy the universe when fighting Galactus?

guy222
Originally posted by grey fox

A Watcher tells Quasar there are ten billion of us

Guess how many Celestials big grin

guy222
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Didn't a Watcher nearly destroy the universe when fighting Galactus?

when

was that a what if issue

grey fox
Originally posted by guy222
A Watcher tells Quasar there are ten billion of us

Guess how many Celestials big grin

About 20 ? Maybe 35 ?

Tyrant
About 20 ? Maybe 35 ? There's like a galaxy full of them...
when

was that a what if issue The last Galactus Story.

The Watcher that let Galactus go, destroyed half the universe, and then battled Galactus until the end of the universe.

Symmetric Chaos

It's possible. There have been an implied infinite number of Watchers (a WhatIf referred to "Watchers watching Watchers" ad infinitum but I don't know if it's canon)

There are supposedly a limited number of Celestials though.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Tyrant
There's like a galaxy full of them...

or maybe a universe, i'm not sure...

aside from vague references, i don't think it was ever firmly established just how many they are, or where they come from...

although some hint at Eternity as their progenitor...

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It's possible. There have been an implied infinite number of Watchers (a WhatIf referred to "Watchers watching Watchers" ad infinitum but I don't know if it's canon)

There are supposedly a limited number of Celestials though.

In an infinite number of universes there would be an infinite number of Celestials as well

quanchi112
to me the celestials beat their asses.

norrinradd43
Celestials win...

guy222
Originally posted by quanchi112
to me the celestials beat their asses.

they do

lordboo
how many KNOWN watchers and celestails are they?

King Kandy
I think that the overall power of the races may be equal... the Celestials are stronger as individuals, but there are more Watchers.

guy222
Originally posted by King Kandy
I think that the overall power of the races may be equal... the Celestials are stronger as individuals, but there are more Watchers.

KK, have u read the X 51 series

King Kandy
KK, have u read the X 51 series
Nope.

guy222
Originally posted by King Kandy
Nope.

Pretty good last issue

Comparsion with Celestials and Watchers

Monolith Gatherer. Uatu couldn't do anything

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This is a curbstomp for The Celestials.

Tyrant
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
or maybe a universe, i'm not sure...

aside from vague references, i don't think it was ever firmly established just how many they are, or where they come from...

although some hint at Eternity as their progenitor... They come from Eternity. We have Eternity himself saying it, and we have a narrator saying it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
This is a curbstomp for The Celestials. indeed it is.

Wonder Man
Watchers know more. They are like the near omnicant beings in marvel as far as anyone under the Entities are concerned.
Watchers win.

guy222
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Watchers know more. They are like the near omnicant beings in marvel as far as anyone under the Entities are concerned.
Watchers win.

Celestials>Watchers

Wonder Man
You kidding. The Watchers can just by Watching defeat their enimies.
They can know all their plans and find out each ones weaknesses.

guy222
You kidding. The Watchers can just by Watching defeat their enimies.
They can know all their plans and find out each ones weaknesses.

Exitar and Arishem destroyed The One

Uatu could do nothing when the Monolith Gatherer arrived

Celestials' scope of power exceeds the Watchers

Wonder Man
Well at least admit if they ended up going hand to hand combat the Watchers remind you of Tibaten that are highly skilled fighters. They'd just pull out the tiger strike and praying mantis and it'd be done.lol

guy222
Well at least admit if they ended up going hand to hand combat the Watchers remind you of Tibaten that are highly skilled fighters. They'd just pull out the tiger strike and praying mantis and it'd be done.lol

Otay big grin

I wish we could see Uatu act. He took out Aron easily

guy222
Exitar and Arishem destroyed The One

Uatu could do nothing when the Monolith Gatherer arrived

Celestials' scope of power exceeds the Watchers

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9945/x51v112of1219vc8.th.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8973/x51v112of1220vo1.th.jpg

smile

Kutulu
Celestials win hands down. Watchers can see what they do but that doesn't mean they can fathom what the Celestials are capable of. Each Celestial is more powerful than a cosmic cube; a Watcher got knocked out by the Hulk. 'Nuff said.

strengthkills
Originally posted by Kutulu
Celestials win hands down. Watchers can see what they do but that doesn't mean they can fathom what the Celestials are capable of. Each Celestial is more powerful than a cosmic cube; a Watcher got knocked out by the Hulk. 'Nuff said. Hulk hasnt kod a watcher.

Mr Master
Celestials are more powerful than Watchers.

No one can say for sure who's Race is larger.

There's a Universe full of Celestials.

Kutulu
Originally posted by strengthkills
Hulk hasnt kod a watcher.

My bad, the watcher does get blasted in the face though:
http://comics.ign.com/articles/770/770132p1.html

llagrok
My bad, the watcher does get blasted in the face though:
http://comics.ign.com/articles/770/770132p1.html

Lunatik kicked one in the nads.

quanchi112
celestials would crush the watchers.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
There is nothing The Watchers can do except WATCH themselves die one after another.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
There is nothing The Watchers can do except WATCH themselves die one after another.

psycho gundam
when maelstrom was collapsing the universe, the watchers wanted to intervene but were too powerless. they were almost glad to see the arrival of the celestial mothership due to their awesome power but they to didn't act and the watchers felt even more helpless

guy222

wavey

quanchi112
There is nothing The Watchers can do except WATCH themselves die one after another. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Sorry for the double post earlier.

Alfheim
Dunno man Celestials get their cock stroked like no mans business. One Asagardian Destroyer chopped off a Clestials arms and took multiple hits from the Celestials and a race of Watchers cant give The Celestials a good fight?

I dunno man.

MartianMindsMom
Originally posted by Alfheim
Dunno man Celestials get their cock stroked like no mans business.

Reported !

guy222
Dunno man Celestials get their cock stroked like no mans business. One Asagardian Destroyer chopped off a Clestials arms and took multiple hits from the Celestials and a race of Watchers cant give The Celestials a good fight?

I dunno man.

Arishem and Exitar killed "The One"

Alfheim
Arishem and Exitar killed "The One"

Im not sure who that is and im not sure how that changes anything.

Maestro
Im not sure who that is and im not sure how that changes anything.

It was the leader and strongest of the watchers.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Maestro
It's the leader and strongest of the watchers.

Well Ok that was two on one. So not suprising.

Kutulu

I dunno man.

The Asgardian Destroyer got annihilated with no long term damage to any of the Celestials involved. You forgot to mention that the next box showed the Celestial regrow it's arm out of energy within seconds.

The Asgardian destroyer was also powered by not only the Eternals Uni-mind but also all of the skyfathers based around earth: zeus, Odin, etc., that's the only reason it lasted as long as it did.

Alfheim
The Asgardian Destroyer got annihilated with no long term damage to any of the Celestials involved. You forgot to mention that the next box showed the Celestial regrow it's arm out of energy within seconds.

I didnt forget to mention it. I didnt mention it because I thought it was irrelevant. If the Destroyer had been fighting one celestial it could have done even more damage therefore the celestial would have taken more time to regenerate but it couldnt because it had several other celestials to fight.

You also forgetting it was a combined assault on the destroyer that put it down. It was not a one on one fight. If it was it may have been different.

The Asgardian destroyer was also powered by not only the Eternals Uni-mind but also all of the skyfathers based around earth: zeus, Odin, etc., that's the only reason it lasted as long as it did.

No it was not. The destroyer was powered by Odin and all the Asagardians except. Thor. I think a whole race of watchers would be more powerful than Odin and the Asagardians because one Watcher seems to be on par with Odin.

Utrigita
In my Openion It would be a small victory for the Celestials close to stalemate.

Utrigita
No it was not. The destroyer was powered by Odin and all the Asagardians except. Thor. I think a whole race of watchers would be more powerful than Odin and the Asagardians because one Watcher seems to be on par with Odin.

Actually it was in a sort of way powered by the other skyfathers since they have all incanted it with there power all the panthoens on earth, Odin, Zeus Vishnu, and so forth I believe that was what he meant.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Utrigita
Actually it was in a sort of way powered by the other skyfathers since they have all incanted it with there power all the panthoens on earth, Odin, Zeus Vishnu, and so forth I believe that was what he meant.

When was this?

Utrigita
When was this?

Cannot remember but it all happened when the destroyer was first created. A being that had a part ore the hole sum (don't know for sure) of every Pantheon on earth.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Utrigita
Cannot remember but it all happened when the destroyer was first created. A being that had a part ore the hole sum (don't know for sure) of every Pantheon on earth.

Well at any rate one of the things that makes the destroyer powerful is who inhabits it. A race of watchers is more powerful than a race of Asagradians, but maybe thats why the destroyer lasted longer than the uni-mind then.

starlock
Celestials for the win

Kutulu
I didnt forget to mention it. I didnt mention it because I thought it was irrelevant. If the Destroyer had been fighting one celestial it could have done even more damage therefore the celestial would have taken more time to regenerate but it couldnt because it had several other celestials to fight.

You also forgetting it was a combined assault on the destroyer that put it down. It was not a one on one fight. If it was it may have been different.

Let's look at the fight:
http://img2.putfile.com/main/5/13616081621.jpg
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5475116
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5475117
^^ here destroyer lops off a celestial's arm. Now watch how long it takes to regrow it completely:
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5475118
The Celestial regrew the limb in two boxes, brand new as if nothing happened. Notice how the same Celestial casually deflected the disintigration from the Destroyer like it was nothing. One Celestial would have defeated the Destroyer by himself, it just would have taken longer.

If you read the full story of that arc, all of the skyfathers were involved in lending their strength to the Destroyer, in addition to the Eternals forming the uni-mind to help, in addition to all of the gods of Asgard except Thor adding into the mix as well. Destroyer powered by Odin alone would not be as big and powerful as he was in that arc.

On top of that, here is an picture stating that the Celestials were old even when the watchers were young, and shows that Uatu was unable to comprehend what they were doing:
http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=x51v112of1219vc8.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=x51v112of1220vo1.jpg

Alfheim
One Celestial would have defeated the Destroyer by himself, it just would have taken longer.

Well that was a complete waste of time. Thats what I was trying to say and youre still forgetting the destroyer took shots from several celestials to bring it down. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hell if you look carfeully I think theres even a panel were the destroyer ducks a blast shot at him from a celestial.

Furthermore the Unimind got destroyed because it took hits from two celestials and not one.

If you read the full story of that arc, all of the skyfathers were involved in lending their strength to the Destroyer, in addition to the Eternals forming the uni-mind to help, in addition to all of the gods of Asgard except Thor adding into the mix as well. Destroyer powered by Odin alone would not be as big and powerful as he was in that arc.

On top of that, here is an picture stating that the Celestials were old even when the watchers were young, and shows that Uatu was unable to comprehend what they were doing:

Well heres the question. I think One watcher is about as powerful as a Sky father. How many skyfathers were there? Do the number of skyfathers equal the number of the whole race of watchers. Also all the other asargdians are much weaker than Odin or Thor for that matter and it doesnt seem to be alot of Asagardians. Asagard seems like the size of a small country.

The people involved in making the destroyer seem to much less than the race of Watchers and in total the watchers seem more powerful.

Kutulu
Well that was a complete waste of time. Thats what I was trying to say and youre still forgetting the destroyer took shots from several celestials to bring it down. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hell if you look carfeully I think theres even a panel were the destroyer ducks a blast shot at him from a celestial.

Yes the destroyer ducked a blast, but he was reduced to slag in a few pages nonetheless. He faced the entire Celestial host because DUH! that's how they travel together. One single Celestial was able to deflect his disintigration beam no problem, and they can regenerate near instantaneously any injuries that the destroyer causes, so basically it would have lost against a single Celestial, just taken longer. Thanks for trying. roll eyes (sarcastic)

How do you figure a single Watcher is Skyfather level? When have you seen a single watcher destroy a galaxy on-panel in just a few panels?

In the fight with the Celestials, the Destroyer was fueled by at least 3 skyfathers, maybe more. The Hindu god, Zeus, and Odin, I remember off of the top of my head, I'll see if I can dig up a scan, but there were probably more than that.

Alfheim
Yes the destroyer ducked a blast, but he was reduced to slag in a few pages nonetheless. He faced the entire Celestial host because DUH! that's how they travel together. One single Celestial was able to deflect his disintigration beam no problem, and they can regenerate near instantaneously any injuries that the destroyer causes, so basically it would have lost against a single Celestial, just taken longer. Thanks for trying. roll eyes (sarcastic)

My point is that the fight would have obvoulsy lasted longer. It did well considering there were so many of them.

Against one celestial it would have still lost but I dont think it would be a total curbstomp.

How do you figure a single Watcher is Skyfather level? When have you seen a single watcher destroy a galaxy on-panel in just a few panels?

When was this? Didnt Thanos take on Odin in Asagard? I didnt think Thanos was more powerful than a watcher.

In the fight with the Celestials, the Destroyer was fueled by at least 3 skyfathers, maybe more. The Hindu god, Zeus, and Odin, I remember off of the top of my head, I'll see if I can dig up a scan, but there were probably more than that.

Look you're wasting your time arent there more Watchers than the people who helped make the destroyer?

Kutulu
My point is that the fight would have obvoulsy lasted longer. It did well considering there were so many of them.

Against one celestial it would have still lost but I dont think it would be a total curbstomp.

True it would not be a curbstomp, but basically the Destroyer didn't have what it takes to even take down one Celestial by itself, and that was when it was fuelled by several pantheons worth of mystical energy. It just shows how much more powerful even a single Celestial is than a skyfather. Keep in mind that one Celestial individually is more powerful by a large amount than a cosmic cube. A single Celestial was able to hold an entire universe inside of it during one Fantastic Four arc.

To top it off, Celestials have killed watchers in the past, yet I have not heard of watchers killing off Celestials even once.

That could be argued. Thanos has better showings than Uatu for instance. In an alternate reality of What If (non-canon), Galactus feasted off of the energies of a Watcher and it was roughly equal to the living energies of an entire planet.

True that there are more watchers than that, but there are far more Celestials than just the fourth host as well. Those were just the Celestials who were monitoring the Earth's development. There is said to be an entire Galaxy filled with Celestials. There are possibly thousands, maybe even millions, of Celestials within 616.

llagrok
Let's look at the fight:
http://img2.putfile.com/main/5/13616081621.jpg
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5475116
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5475117
^^ here destroyer lops off a celestial's arm. Now watch how long it takes to regrow it completely:
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5475118
The Celestial regrew the limb in two boxes, brand new as if nothing happened. Notice how the same Celestial casually deflected the disintigration from the Destroyer like it was nothing. One Celestial would have defeated the Destroyer by himself, it just would have taken longer.

Celestials are beings made out of pure energy aren't they? I thought their supposed armor was nothing but a shell.

Kutulu
Originally posted by llagrok
Celestials are beings made out of pure energy aren't they? I thought their supposed armor was nothing but a shell.

True, this is why the Celestial was able to recreate it's arm effortlessly. Their armor is just a holding pattern for the energy contained within, and they have shown in the past that they are more than 3 dimensional; they can exist in several places simultaneously, and can create machines like the Godstalker as servants. They can bend time and space around an attack, such as when the One Above All (Celestial, not the Marvel god) opened a whole in time and space to bypass Thor's godblast.

Here is a bio on the Godstalker, basically a Celestial 4 dimensional robot:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/godalk.htm

Some scans on the Godstalker:
http://superherochat.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99894

Alfheim

True that there are more watchers than that, but there are far more Celestials than just the fourth host as well. Those were just the Celestials who were monitoring the Earth's development. There is said to be an entire Galaxy filled with Celestials. There are possibly thousands, maybe even millions, of Celestials within 616.

Bloody marvel retcon. Watchers lose.

Galan007
Originally posted by Endless Mike
In an infinite number of universes there would be an infinite number of Celestials as well There's at least one complete Universe full of Celestials, (FF #319)..

Kutulu
Originally posted by Galan007
There's at least one complete Universe full of Celestials, (FF #319)..

If we're including alternate universes, in Earth-X the Celestials made the watchers their slaves.

Galan007
If we're including alternate universes, in Earth-X the Celestials made the watchers their slaves. I'm just talking about the mainstream MU. smile

Kutulu
I'm just talking about the mainstream MU. smile

Earth-X is Universe-9997, so it technically falls under continuity as an alternate universe within the multiverse that houses universe-616 (mainstream). stick out tongue

Alfheim
Hey if were talking 616 how many Celestial are there?

Kutulu
Hey if were talking 616 how many Celestial are there?

There are Celestials spread about, in addition to an entire Galaxy filled with them. Exact number is unknown, but possibly anywhere from thousands to millions, maybe even more.

Alfheim
There are Celestials spread about, in addition to an entire Galaxy filled with them. Exact number is unknown, but possibly anywhere from thousands to millions, maybe even more.

Ok watchers die. I thought it was like millions vs 7.

Mr Master
There's at least one complete Universe full of Celestials, (FF #319)..

Correct, I was just about to mention that.

Galan007
Hey if were talking 616 how many Celestial are there? Once again, there's at least a Universe full of them...

Exact numbers are purely speculatory, but to think several billion Celestials exist, wouldn't be too much of a stretch, imo.

Alfheim
Once again, there's at least a Universe full of them...

Exact numbers are purely speculatory, but to think several billion Celestials exist, wouldn't be too much of a stretch, imo.

Yeah I guess I was just making sure. Again the watchers die hard. Hate celestials anyone that stresses Norse gods i have beef with.

Mr Master
There are Celestials spread about, in addition to an entire Galaxy filled with them.

It's a Universe full of Celestials.

Exact number is unknown, but possibly anywhere from thousands to millions, maybe even more.

I have no idea what that number is.

Mr Master
There is said to be an entire Galaxy filled with Celestials.
There are possibly thousands, maybe even millions, of Celestials within 616.

There's actually an entire Universe full of Celestials.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1631/celta9.th.jpg

I don't know how many of them though.

Each Celestial while created by Eternity, explodes into Reality from a "Black Galaxy"

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5835/celestialbornqb7.th.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3858/c2pp2.th.jpg

How do you figure a single Watcher is Skyfather level?

Watchers are above Skyfarthers.

When have you seen a single watcher destroy a galaxy on-panel in just a few panels?

Uatu held a baby Universe in his hands, and then placed it inside him:

This baby Universe was re-created from nothingness by the "High Tribunal" of Watchers:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4498/timelinesareuniverses14ta7.th.jpg

"The High Tribunal have a gift for you, We have crafted it from the fringes of Alternity,

It is small, keep it safe"

Uatu says,

"I place the High Tribunal's gift inside me; A Tiny Universe"

btw. Celestials for the Win.

Alfheim
You know wiki says that The watchers were able to fight off the celestials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watcher_(comics)

In the above mentioned Fantastic Four story line, the Celestials, who are also self-appointed judges of whether a species deserves to survive, had given the Watchers a "thumbs down." But the Watchers as a species have grown to become so powerful that it would take the Celestials eons to produce the energy needed to eliminate them.

The above story is What If The Avengers fought Galactus

Galan007
In the above mentioned Fantastic Four story line, the Celestials, who are also self-appointed judges of whether a species deserves to survive, had given the Watchers a "thumbs down." But the Watchers as a species have grown to become so powerful that it would take the Celestials eons to produce the energy needed to eliminate them.

The above story is What If The Avengers fought Galactus It took eons for the Celestials to gather this energy, because they were going to literally kill every Watcher in existence, .

And the boldened text you provided isn't from a What If...

It's from the same comic where Sue explodes Exitar.... (FF #400)?

Alfheim
It took eons for the Celestials to gather this energy, because they were going to literally kill every Watcher in existence, .

Well doesnt that mean if they cant kill them off the watchers can fight them?

And the boldened text you provided isn't from a What If...

It's from the same comic where Sue explodes Exitar.... (FF #400)?

Oops.

Galan007
Well doesnt that mean if they cant kill them off the watchers can fight them? No.

The entire race of Watchers vs. the whole lot of Celestials = Watchers have NO chance.

I'd wager that just a handful of Celestials could defeat all the Watchers.

Alfheim
No.

The entire race of Watchers vs. the whole lot of Celestials = Watchers have NO chance.

ok im confused here. Did I just read the celestials wanted to bump off the watchers but couldnt? What were they saying that the celestials could but it would just take a long time?

Kutulu
ok im confused here. Did I just read the celestials wanted to bump off the watchers but couldnt? What were they saying that the celestials could but it would just take a long time?

That was eradicating all of the Watchers, everwhere, from existence forever. Not going from planet to planet, but affected every single watcher within Eternity all at the same time. It was stated that it would take Eons, which to Celestials and Watchers who are in the billions of years old, isn't very long at all. It also shows it was within their powerset to do, so it may seem like a very long time to humans, but to beings that old it is relatively short.

Mr Master

I agree.

I doubt that.

One Watcher was able to handle a Young Universe and place it inside him.

The Celestials in the end win,
but it wouyld take many more than a handful to take them all out.

Alfheim
That was eradicating all of the Watchers, everwhere, from existence forever. Not going from planet to planet, but affected every single watcher within Eternity all at the same time. It was stated that it would take Eons, which to Celestials and Watchers who are in the billions of years old, isn't very long at all. It also shows it was within their powerset to do, so it may seem like a very long time to humans, but to beings that old it is relatively short.

Ok got it.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Mr Master
I agree.

I doubt that.

One Watcher was able to handle a Young Universe and place it inside him.

The Celestials in the end win,
but it wouyld take many more than a handful to take them all out.

In an alternate universe arc where Galactus consumed that universes' version of Uatu, he didn't grow huge, he just was satiated about the same amount that he would have been eating a lush planet full of life (which is still a humongous amount of energy, don't get me wrong, it was enough to satisfy him for many months). In the alternate arc where he consumed a Celestial he grew thousands of feet tall from the huge influx of energy.

This IMHO shows the energy level difference between the two species.

Mr Master
In an alternate universe arc where Galactus consumed that universes' version of Uatu, he didn't grow huge, he just was satiated about the same amount that he would have been eating a lush planet full of life (which is still a humongous amount of energy, don't get me wrong, it was enough to satisfy him for many months). In the alternate arc where he consumed a Celestial he grew thousands of feet tall from the huge influx of energy.

This IMHO shows the energy level difference between the two species.

Celestials>>>Watchers ... I agree.

But the Watchers aren't pushovers.

Like I said and posted,

a single Watcher was able to place an actual baby Universe inside himself.

The High Tribunal of Watchers re-created that baby Universe from nothingness.

If Uatu can do it, then it's within the powerset of all Watchers,
which means Watchers give the Celestials a fight ... but lose in the end.

Alfheim

If Uatu can do it, then it's within the powerset of all Watchers,
which means Watchers give the Celestials a fight ... but lose in the end.

Thats what I was thinking. I didnt think the watchers were as powerful as the celestials but I thought an average celestial would be at least skyfather level.

Mr Master
Thats what I was thinking. I didnt think the watchers were as powerful as the celestials but I thought an average celestial would be at least skyfather level.

Both Watchers and Celestials are far beyond Skyfather.

But if I had to compare the average Watcher to the average Celestial I'd put it like this:

(1 - 10)

Celestials 10

Watchers 7 - 8

Alfheim
Both Watchers and Celestials are far beyond Skyfather.

But if I had to compare the average Watcher to the average Celestial I'd put it like this:

(1 - 10)

Celestials 10

Watchers 7 - 8

Well when I mean skyfather, like Odin in Asagard. , but Odin outside I think would be high herald.

llagrok
Well when I mean skyfather, like Odin in Asagard. , but Odin outside I think would be high herald.

Odin's pretty much omnipotent in Asgard.

Mr Master

Celestials>>>Watchers>>>Skyfathers (in any setting)

guy222

A Watcher told Quasar, there's Ten Billion of us

I am pretty sure, same amount of Celestials

Celestials defeat the Watchers. Exitar easily slew the leader known as "The One"

Alfheim
Celestials>>>Watchers>>>Skyfathers (in any setting)

Look stop the backchat! Ok I dont know what im talking about. laughing out loud

guy222
Originally posted by llagrok
Odin's pretty much omnipotent in Asgard.

He was

Uatu met Odin to discuss Thor's future

Mr Master
Look stop the backchat! Ok I dont know what im talking about.

We all learn as we go. smile

Alfheim
We all learn as we go. smile

I should check out your thread when I get time. Shame I used to be into cosmic stuff, but I havnet picked up a comic in ages, wanna start agin soon though.

Kutulu
I should check out your thread when I get time. Shame I used to be into cosmic stuff, but I havnet picked up a comic in ages, wanna start agin soon though.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t425758.html

Good stuff. smile

Mr Master

The Cosmics is an ever changing season.

I'm still picking up new info all the time,
my thread and views within it has evolved from the point it started.

I post my own discoveries and I discuss subjects with other Cosmic aficionados
and together we come up with the most sound explanation based on the Panel evidence.

I think it's come a long way. smile

Alfheim
The Cosmics is an ever changing season.

I'm still picking up new info all the time,
my thread and views within it has evolved from the point it started.

I post my own discoveries and I discuss subjects with other Cosmic aficionados
and together we come up with the most sound explanation based on the Panel evidence.

I think it's come a long way. smile

yeah and stuff does get retconned for starters I noticed that Ego at one point and Stranger were abstract.

guy222
yeah and stuff does get retconned for starters I noticed that Ego at one point and Stranger were abstract.

Ego made Galactus run

Alfheim
Ego made Galactus run

and got beaten by surfer. Ego is an elder of the universe. the elders are not abstract.

guy222
and got beaten by surfer. Ego is an elder of the universe. the elders are not abstract.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5800/fantasticforceno07p21yh2.th.jpg

Utrigita

Not from everywhere just from the mainstream 616 and as far as I know all the watchers was gathered on that planet.

Alfheim
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5800/fantasticforceno07p21yh2.th.jpg

Er whats that got to do with Ego. Ego the living planet right.

guy222
Er whats that got to do with Ego. Ego the living planet right.

Ego is a living planet

Scan shows Celestials and Watchers about to fight

Watchers lost

Kutulu
Ego is a living planet

Scan shows Celestials and Watchers about to fight

Watchers lost

I love that scan, so epic.

guy222
I love that scan, so epic.

I agree

Celestials are wondrous

Will u read the new Eternals mini?

Kutulu
I agree

Celestials are wondrous

If I can get my dirty paws on it. stick out tongue

starlock
I agree

Celestials are wondrous

How are you kind sir?
Hope you have a good weekend smile

Celestials win

guy222
If I can get my dirty paws on it. stick out tongue

Ordered mine big grin

guy222
Originally posted by starlock
How are you kind sir?
Hope you have a good weekend smile

Celestials win

Doin well. Lots of work so far

How's ur day

I will. U have a blessed weekend smile

Celestials win. I hope Thor doesn't interfere with Celestial judgment again

Wonder Man
Celestials are tough and i like them o.k. but the Watchers could probably take them apart one piece at a time. I know; opinions are like a#$holes, everyone has one...so there's mine.
This isn't so far fetched a fight by the way.

guy222
I respect everyone's opinion smile

Celestials and the Watchers have met twice. Uatu seemed powerless when the Monolith Gatherer arrived

The Celestials passed judgment on the Watchers. Exitar received the code from Arishem and slew the leader known as The One

Wonder Man
I admit i don't know as much about the two groups as most of the people in this forum. Space gods are a major player but i don't see them as advanced as Galactus or as powerful.
Watchers i think are awesome because theyre so unified sorta like the Stepford sisters used to be at the X-mansion.

guy222
Celestials are wondrous. I like Big G. Marvel just doesn't use him correctly

I agree, the Watchers are powerful

rougeredmage
it has been clearlty established i would arguee that celestrials and watchers are multidimentional beings. my evidence> the watchers are aware of events in alternate universes and able to watch them >> then read earth x heralds the watchers break their oath and help destory celestrial embreos.

the watchers are multidimential fom the ego the living planet arc of exiles ie beware the timebreakers......

now if we accsept that every watcher and celestrial appearnce is cannon due to their multiversal nature.... then the watchers must win as they have a methord of fighting the celestirals by atrition.... ie preventing celestrial embreos from developing thus culling their numbers.

guy222
Earth X

When the Celestials and Watchers met in FF #400, Exitar slew The One

Celestials>Watchers

Wonder Man
Thus stated they could also effect the fate of most any being making them more powerful than those who pass judgement...Correct or No?

guy222
http://i109.imagethrust.com/t/686190/fantasticforceno07p21yh2.jpg

http://i104.imagethrust.com/t/686167/f440004.jpg http://i107.imagethrust.com/t/686168/f440005.jpg http://i112.imagethrust.com/t/686169/f440027.jpg http://i120.imagethrust.com/t/686170/f440028.jpg http://i117.imagethrust.com/t/686171/f440029.jpg http://i109.imagethrust.com/t/686172/f440030.jpg

quanchi112
http://i109.imagethrust.com/t/686190/fantasticforceno07p21yh2.jpg

http://i104.imagethrust.com/t/686167/f440004.jpg http://i107.imagethrust.com/t/686168/f440005.jpg http://i112.imagethrust.com/t/686169/f440027.jpg http://i120.imagethrust.com/t/686170/f440028.jpg http://i117.imagethrust.com/t/686171/f440029.jpg http://i109.imagethrust.com/t/686172/f440030.jpg The celestials are so powerful.

guy222
They are

iceman24567
Originally posted by quanchi112
The celestials are so fat. Fixed wink

psycho gundam
celestials>watchers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.