ESB Emperor...ROTJ Anakin...OT Yoda???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EPIIIBITES
Lucas has been tampering with his precious films bit by bit for a long time now (most substantially since the SE).

The actors who played ESB Emperor and ROTJ Anakin have been ditched...the voice of ESB Boba has been replaced...and the list goes on.

So who's next on the chopping block...Frank Oz?

What's stopping Lucas from going back and digitizing OT Yoda? (like he's done in TPM)

Comments...

((The_Anomaly))
I liked the Palpatine change, but I hate the ROTJ Anakin ghost. It annoys me, Anakin should not look like that. Both Yoda and Obi look like they did (age wise) when they died, Anakin should look like an older man, not a 22 year old with long hair.

And on your Yoda note, I've heard that Lucas intendeds (Eventually) to release TPM as well as redo the OT with Digital Yoda. I hope he does, the CG Yoda is far better. At the very least he should make TPM Yoda CG so that the PT Yoda is all the same. But I still think he should do it with the ESB and ROTJ Yoda.

Cascador
Out of respect for Frank Oz he won't make Yoda digital in the OT, but he will make him digital in the Phantom Menace thats for sure...(doll looked terrible anyway). There's no need to change him, cause there were no saberfights in the OT...I think why they especially want to make him digital in TPM is because he looks nothing like Yoda. He looks even older than Yoda. I didn't mind the emperor being ditched in ESB...afteral its strange that they are played by two different people (three actually) altho the woman and the guy who did the voice gave an excellent performance, it has my respect, but it still stays strange. Young Anakin in the OT...for some reason it makes sense...for some reason it doesn't. I have given the explenation a hundred times...I'm not gonna do it again, cause I bet it's not gonna change your opinion that it bugs you anyway.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I hope he does, the CG Yoda is far better.

....ummmm.

chinabing
Another pointless OT thread? TPM puppet looks great.

Sesse
Dumping Sebastian was a terrible mistake.

http://www.x-mencharacters.com/images/Sshaw.jpg
Here he looks happy and grateful in this scene but the new Anakin looks just like Hayden Christensen who smiles due to his payment earned from a 3 minute long posing gig! Shame on thee Gorge Locust...
http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~pcrutchl/supercres/thumbs/hayden2.jpg

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by chinabing
Another pointless OT thread?

Ive come to the conclusion that he's trying to singlehandedly trying to revive this section. laughing out loud

Thorinn
I'm glad they replaced the old man with hayden, it mark's the death of anakin at his young age, darth vader is the one who lived the next 20 something odd years, until his death.

it would make sense that when you acheive the enlightment or whatever they call it when they become spirits, that anakin would be young, when he truly died.

EPIIIBITES
I thought I'd put it in this forum 'cause it has to do with what Lucas did to Yoda in TPM...and if he'll do it again. There's still the 6 movie box set to come out...

(I hope it comes in the form of a big death star!)

Tangible God
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I liked the Palpatine change, but I hate the ROTJ Anakin ghost. It annoys me, Anakin should not look like that. Both Yoda and Obi look like they did (age wise) when they died, Anakin should look like an older man, not a 22 year old with long hair.

And on your Yoda note, I've heard that Lucas intendeds (Eventually) to release TPM as well as redo the OT with Digital Yoda. I hope he does, the CG Yoda is far better. At the very least he should make TPM Yoda CG so that the PT Yoda is all the same. But I still think he should do it with the ESB and ROTJ Yoda. Ditto.

jainasolo55
Originally posted by Thorinn
I'm glad they replaced the old man with hayden, it mark's the death of anakin at his young age, darth vader is the one who lived the next 20 something odd years, until his death.

it would make sense that when you acheive the enlightment or whatever they call it when they become spirits, that anakin would be young, when he truly died.

i agree yes

jainasolo55
the only thing that really bothered me was the boba fett voice change he sounded so cool! err that pisses me off so bad! mad

Jedi Priestess
Why does this bother people. He had what 2 lines? I just dont get this type of nitpicking. no expression

Alliance
The Anakin change was fine, better to have him "die" in ROTS than to replace him with a random old chubby man.

The Fett voice change didn't bother me either...i like Morrison's voice much better.

As far a changing OT yoda to digital? I doubt that. I think it would mess too much with scene to have a blatantly digital yoda in a real background. Puppet yoda fits fine in his swamp and CG yoda is great in teh Prequels...however! I bet that TPM yoda will be replaced with ROTS yoda. I hate that TPM puppet...It barely looks like yoda.

Traya
WTF? Hayden looks like some sex crazed paedophile, whilst Sebastien Shaw actually looks like a kindly old man...

thetruepower
What have people got against Hayden?

Jedi Priestess
Oh please don't get them started. cry And I really wish people would learn to spell the word pedophile considering how much it gets tossed around on this forum.

PVS
its spelled 'paedophile' as well as 'pedophile'

i dont see the connection with hayden though. nothing about that scene said "i want to touch children". as for me, i got more of a stoned slacker vibe from hayden. notice he only really looks at luke for like 1 second and then he's just staring off into nothing. "wooooooow....far out man...do you think they can tell i'm stoned?"

Jedi Priestess
Edit: Oh wait, I dont really care anyway laughing out loud

PVS
the time has come. execute order 420

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/hayden420.jpg

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Edit: Oh wait, I dont really care anyway laughing out loud

dont care about what?

Tarvos
Sebastian was great as Anakin. It showed that he really was once a good person.

Revolver Ocelot
Nah, changing Yoda in ESB and ROTJ would be way too major. Yoda's fine the way he is.

PVS
but the question is not whether or not it would be good,
but whether or not GL is twisted and evil enough to do it.
i say yes he is

darth vraya
Originally posted by Thorinn

it would make sense that when you acheive the enlightment or whatever they call it when they become spirits, that anakin would be young, when he truly died. that's deep big grin

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by PVS
but the question is not whether or not it would be good,
but whether or not GL is twisted and evil enough to do it.
i say yes he is

Eeeeeexactly. And I think he is.

Sad thing is, imagine being all these actors/artists he's cut out of the movies. I'd be pretty P'd.

"Yeah, i'm in Star Wars...wait a second...no I'm not"

If he cuts Oz who worked genius w/Yoda...oh boy...

Revolver Ocelot
He's not that stupid. Only a complete idiot would do that.

DeVi| D0do
I think you're being far too optimistic...

I'm willing to bet that at some stage we'll be watching the OT in complete CG, with the only elements from the original cuts being the voice tracks... and even then they'll have been tampered with too...

PVS
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
He's not that stupid. Only a complete idiot would do that.

*sigh of relief* yeah, you're right. next thing you know someone's going to claim that GL is stupid enough to make a SW film devoid of any genuine comedy and hoist the burden of comic relief of some loony tunes slapstick cartoon while leaving all other dialogue dull and lifeless.......oh shit...

xpac13
you are all gay ****. star wars is so queer, fagets

Tangible God
Originally posted by xpac13
you are all gay ****. star wars is so queer, fagets Ha! He says this because he lost his penis in a mix up with a rabbi.

xpac13
hey i was just kidding around . i love star wars my favorite is # 6

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by PVS
*sigh of relief* yeah, you're right. next thing you know someone's going to claim that GL is stupid enough to make a SW film devoid of any genuine comedy and hoist the burden of comic relief of some loony tunes slapstick cartoon while leaving all other dialogue dull and lifeless.......oh shit...

Excellent! lol....poignant and funny...I'm all about the tongue in the cheek baby. Whoo!

EPIIIBITES
I agree with those who said that Yoda fits the OT...as a puppet he appears a bit old and tattered...and that's good cause for Lucas probably not wanting to change it...

...but come to think of it, how much older would he really look in 20-30 years...he's so old to begin with it probably makes no dif...

...so he's gonna change it anyways! Drats!

chinabing
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I'm willing to bet that at some stage we'll be watching the OT in complete CG, with the only elements from the original cuts being the voice tracks... and even then they'll have been tampered with too...
GL is partly there.

On the DVDs, he digitally replaced Obi-Wan and Vader in their Death Star lightsaber duel, mostly where they were background. You can tell, their motions are far too smooth.

Tangible God
I think those were stunts to begin with though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.