Terry and Rock VS Ken and Sean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2D_MASTER
I thought this would be a good battle. Two masters and two students.
personally i think Terry and Rock would beat Ken and Sean. Sean is pretty weak and was easily beat by ken in SF III. While Rock gave Terry a good match up until it was interrupted by Grant. Rock seems to also have better experience. So i think Rock would beat Sean, with relative ease. Terry would have trouble with Ken, but i think he would win. If Terry did lose to Ken, i think Ken would be exhaused, and Rock would finish the left overs. What do you guys think?

shin_remy
Terry vs Ken --> ok

Rock vs Sean --> Not Okay, Rock kicks Sean's ass.

SEAN SUCKS!!!!!!

This Match is more Ken vs Terry and Rock ALONE

Ken can't win this

ken lose, even he is my favorite sad

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by shin_remy
Terry vs Ken --> ok

SEAN SUCKS!!!!!!

Ken can't win this

Shin remy OMG we agree jawdrop

2D_MASTER
Terry vs Ken --> ok

SEAN SUCKS!!!!!!

Ken can't win this

Yeah thats what i think too. But Im shure that there are people out there who think otherwise, just watch.

green evil
Ken can hold his own against both individually anyways.

unrealman
Sean been beating by the following

1 Ryu ( he casually beats Sean many times with out break a sweat)

2 Got beat by some random joe in US Martial Arts Tournament before the elimination round

Sean's Double impact ending

In a forest, Sean, in the foreground, is being blown away by Ryu, who
has just launched a Hadoken, in the background.)
Sean: "Uwaaah!"
(Sean tries to get up, wiping his mouth, looking ticked. An image of a
serious Ken appears aside him.)
Sean: "Damn it! Let's try that again!"
Ken: "In order to be the best, you must defeat Ryu! Don't come back until
you've done that!"
(Ken's image turns into a picture of Ken, wearing a white shirt, along
his wife Eliza, who has a white dress. Ken's serious expression turns
into a happy one, giving the thumbs-up sign, and with a kiss mark on his
cheek.)
Ken: "I must go. Good luck!"
(Sean gets up in a ready position, with a flaming aura around him. But
still, he is blasted away by Ryu's Hadoken.)
Sean: "Uwaaah!"
(A concerned Ryu extends his hand towards Sean.)
Ryu: "Wait a minute, Sean! Are you fighting me because Ken told you to do
so?"
(Once again, Sean gets up, flaming about. He then attempts to execute a
jump kick on Ryu, with lightning flashing all around him.)
Sean: "Shut up and fight!"
(Yet again, Sean is busted by Ryu's Hadoken.)
Sean: "Guwah! He's just too good!"

unrealman
character vs. Sean quotes

Alex vs. Sean ( "You shouldn't use big moves you can't control, kid!"wink

Dudley vs. Sean ( "Such a greenhorn! You leave your temple wide open. Bad form!"
)

ELENA vs Sean ( "You want to fight me again? You have the heart of a lion, but
the power of a kitten!"wink

Gill vs. Sean ( "Like a prayer without faith, your moves are incomplete. Your
odds to win are 1 in a million."wink

IBUKI vs. Sean ( "You want more? A true Master knows when not to fight!"wink

Ken vs. Sean ( "You must understand the basic rules of fighting!"wink

Nerco vs. Sean ( "Maybe I won't beat the crap out of you anymore. Thank me!"wink

Oro vs. Sean ( "You're so young! I envy your youth, but not your lack of
skill."wink

RYU vs. Sean ( "Master the basics first. You can learn from the rest!"wink

Yang vs. Sean ( "You want to try again? Sure, you'll just lose again."wink

Yun vs. Sean ( "Your moves are hard, but unpolished. You'd better tone up or you'll never win with that stupid junk."wink

AKUMA/SHIN AKUMA vs Sean ( "Why are you defeated and humiliated? Ask your own fist one more time."wink

Alex vs Sean 2 ( "Your immaturity might get you killed someday. Are you sure you are ready for this stuff?"wink

Dudely vs. Sean 2 ( You shouldn't worry yet! Lack of experience is the reason for your poor performance."wink

ELENA vs Sean 2 ( "You shouldn't give up easily! Learn from your master and believe in yourself."wink

Gill vs.Sean 2 ( If you were reincarnated a hundred times, I would still
rule.... And you would still suck!"wink

Hugo vs Sean ( "That was about as fun as kicking a soda can, but a soda can is recyclable. You are worthless."wink

IBUKI vs. Sean 2 ( "You still want to fight? Not today, I have things to do! Bye bye!"wink

Ken vs Sean 2 ( "You must defeat Ryu to stand a chance!"wink

Nerco vs. Sean 2 ( You're a bit rude.... Are you selfish as well? Tell me why you fight...."wink

Oro vs. Sean 2 ( You are young. I admit that I envy you, but your path as a fighter may be a troubled one."wink

Ryu vs. Sean 2 ( If you cannot learn from the battle itself, there is nothing I can teach you!"wink

Urien vs. Sean ( "A horrible waste of effort! A small fish like you forced me to fight for nothing!"wink

Yang vs. Sean 2 ( "After that, you still want to fight?! That would be
suicidal.... You're much too weak!"wink

Yun vs. Sean 2 ( "What's shakin', small fry? Or is it "Vegetable Head"?"wink

SaTsuJiN
lol.. since when did "shotokan" karate become "ansatsuken" (corny name lol)?

and terry / rock has this hands down.. seans too amateur, and terry is more evenly matched with ryu

unrealman
since it was first made (Shotokan is mistranslation by Capcom of America)

edit: infact you can't trust anything Capcom of USA saids they butcher the Translation to street fighter and made stuff up.

SaTsuJiN
hmmm cuz I remember in my regular street fighter 2 instruction booklet for SNES it said shotokan.. which i thought was cooler cuz it was like they were using part of a real fighting art... ansatsuken (murderous fist) is just too anime-sounding for me..

Gouki
I find those quotes funny. Hopefully Sean, will get his act together and become as strong as the rest.

shin_remy
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
terry is more evenly matched with ryu

Will you PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE STOP!!!

ALWAYS in ALLLL THOSE TOPICS where there is a match with terry and ken...

you ALWAYS come up with that stupid theory that terry is more matched to ryu..

and then you get that stupid discussion about, kyo, iori, terry and ken and ryu..

unrealman
Ken's style if translate form this site always comes out assassin fist.

http://kei927.fc2web.com/

edit it used to be called Kyokushinkai Karate it was until SSF2X that Capcom of Japan change it to ansatsuken.

brainchild81
Will you PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE STOP!!!

ALWAYS in ALLLL THOSE TOPICS where there is a match with terry and ken...

you ALWAYS come up with that stupid theory that terry is more matched to ryu..

and then you get that stupid discussion about, kyo, iori, terry and ken and ryu.. Ditto. Regardless of the whining about the matchup choice, the IMPORTANT people (Capcom/SNK) don't seem to think Terry matches up w/Ryu. His fans should be lucky that Ken didn't match up w/Iori(That would've been cooler though) and that Terry didn't get Guile. Always remember, things could be worse. Anyway, Sean might be tough someday, but right now Rock'd beat the s**t out of him easier than Ken would beat Terry. Rock(who's either better now or will eventually be better than Terry) would then rush Ken who'd be @ less than 100% from his fight w/Terry. Rock'd still be pretty fresh from fighting Sean

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by brainchild81
Ditto. Regardless of the whining about the matchup choice, the IMPORTANT people (Capcom/SNK) don't seem to think Terry matches up w/Ryu.

they cant simply because ryu is japanese and so is kyo... that really takes care of the 'why'... do you really believe a highschool student is going to chump someone with nearly 30 years of fighting experience? give it a break already... you and shin always brown nosing eachother to death is giving me nausea

Originally posted by unrealman
Ken's style if translate form this site always comes out assassin fist.

http://kei927.fc2web.com/

edit it used to be called Kyokushinkai Karate it was until SSF2X that Capcom of Japan change it to ansatsuken.

ah... all these years I was just thinking they kept it the same as SF2 'shotokan' cuz their animations really havent changed... maybe in SF4 they'll make a whole new animation set for ansatsuken.... ugh.. I hate that name..

unrealman
Oddly enough Ryu was base on Famous Kyokushin Karate master name Yoshiji Soeno.

http://www.all-karate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=824

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1274302017525395825&q=kyokushin

P-Geyser
they cant simply because ryu is japanese and so is kyo... that really takes care of the 'why'... do you really believe a highschool student is going to chump someone with nearly 30 years of fighting experience? give it a break already... you and shin always brown nosing eachother to death is giving me nausea

ah... all these years I was just thinking they kept it the same as SF2 'shotokan' cuz their animations really havent changed... maybe in SF4 they'll make a whole new animation set for ansatsuken.... ugh.. I hate that name..

I AGREE the nationality plays a huge part in this B.S. Plus people who actually know about the characters know that Terry is on an equal level with Ryu. The reason why that backstreet boy is the lead, is because KOF is playmore's cash cow and Flameboy just happens to be the main character of KOF which I think is a huge fault on playmores part.

Anyways....as to the match, I think Terry and Rock have this one. I think Rock will Beat Sean. Terry and Ken will go back and fourth but in the end I really think the Lone Wolf has it.

2D_MASTER
Ditto. Regardless of the whining about the matchup choice, the IMPORTANT people (Capcom/SNK) don't seem to think Terry matches up w/Ryu. His fans should be lucky that Ken didn't match up w/Iori(That would've been cooler though) and that Terry didn't get Guile. Always remember, things could be worse. Anyway, Sean might be tough someday, but right now Rock'd beat the s**t out of him easier than Ken would beat Terry. Rock(who's either better now or will eventually be better than Terry) would then rush Ken who'd be @ less than 100% from his fight w/Terry. Rock'd still be pretty fresh from fighting Sean

I agree, this is a fight between Terry, Ken, Sean and Rock. PEOPLE PLEASE, AND I DO IMPLORE YOU. Dont bring up side topics like, Terry VS Ryu. Stick to the fight at hand.
Although, I don't think that it is a definate that Terry would lose to Ken. People posted some pretty good arguments in the Terry V.S. Ken fight. So after talking that into consideration, I think that fight could go either way. The Rock VS. sean fight, I agree with most the people here, Rock would give him the ol' neo deadly rave, it would be a mess, poor Sean.

P-Geyser
Agreed. I think though that Terry though still has this in the end. Ken is a talented fighter and can go the distance but I think Terry has a little more than that and he will prevail. I also agree with Sean getting beat Rock.

unrealman
Sean vs. Sean quote from second Impact

1 "You fight like Dan! You are DAN!"

brainchild81
they cant simply because ryu is japanese and so is kyo... that really takes care of the 'why'... do you really believe a highschool student is going to chump someone with nearly 30 years of fighting experience? give it a break already... you and shin always brown nosing eachother to death is giving me nauseaThen go vomit and stop wasting post space. I'm not going to waste my time calling you an idiot. Why do you always feel the need to insult people who don't agree w/you? Man up, dude. What are you like 6 or something? It's tiresome & childish and you always wind up looking stupid. Let's be civil here. Maybe the 'why' is because Kyo is seen as SNK's most popular/famous/important and Ryu is the same for Capcom. Do you have any official proof from SNK that they chose Kyo to face Ryu because he's Japanese? If not(and this is just another one of those assumptions you like to make), do us all a favor and squash that mess and move on. There's more people here who are tired of this issue than just me & Remy. Be an adult. It seems like everybody gets along fine and then you act like your period's on just because somebody disagrees w/you.

P-Geyser
Wow Brainchild a little serious there....I thought you took this all in fun.

Gouki
Yeah, he tends to go spontaneous every once in a while.

brainchild81
"spontaneous" is my middle name mad laughing I do take this all in fun guys, but this always going @ it with SaT over something stupid is getting old. Sorry if I was too harsh.

SaTsuJiN
lol your entire post was a flame and you're calling me a child?..90% of your post had nothing to do with what I previously posted.. so you're the one wasting space... looks like someone is in desperate need of their own advice...

popularity also has its drive in the decision.. but how do you think he gets popular?.. who are they going to choose?.. a blonde haired american .. or a japanese with a cool name / outfit ?.. I'm merely stating the obvious.. games made in japan.. played more often in asia.. so the main character... has to be asian!.. whoa.. could we be on to something?.. no expression

plus Kyo is always broken , gameplay-wise, in every single KoF... thats another factor to his popularity.. just go dig up some kyo infinite combo videos on youtube or something

heres a sample for starters http://youtube.com/watch?v=2WAFfBWfKDg

brainchild81
lol your entire post was a flame and you're calling me a child?..90% of your post had nothing to do with what I previously posted.. so you're the one wasting space... looks like someone is in desperate need of their own advice...Do you wear a helmet? You said that me & shin brown nose each other(not nice). The whole post focused on what you posted.embarrasment Still having trouble understanding the little words on the screen? Chin up, lil' champ. you'll get it someday. You need to work on those percentages alsosmile Rebuttal, not flame.

popularity also has its drive in the decision.. but how do you think he gets popular?.. who are they going to choose?.. a blonde haired american .. or a japanese with a cool name / outfit ?.. I'm merely stating the obvious.. games made in japan.. played more often in asia.. so the main character... has to be asian!.. whoa.. could we be on to something?.. no expression
I guess you just answered my question about actual proof from SNK. You don't have any. You're just assuming(as always). Why am I not surprised? laughing

SaTsuJiN
Actually.. you're the only person asking for info..most other people who enjoy fighting games respect terry as a character.. as soon as ken gets compromised you throw a huge pile of bs about how I'm the one whining..the Kyo / Ryu thing is totally obvious.. which brings me to how you ignored what I've said, when I clearly asked you if you thought a highschooler with super powers (Kyo) could defeat a karate master with around 30 years of experience.. (ryu)... that went unanswered...(coincidence? I think not).. then.. a majority (at least 3 out of the 6 lines in your post was instead aimed at calling me a child.. yada yada.. (which really makes you seem soooooo grown up doesnt it?... laughing out loud ) and trying to act like kyo isnt favored by SNK whatsoever... had the entire world recieved a part in the poll where it was decided whom to include in the game?.. no... that poll was japan only.. thus... japans decision influenced alot of the game.. kyo, being an asian character, was implimented due to this process, among many other factors (some of which I've stated) of course... if you dont like the idea of terry being superior to ken.. thats fine (not saying he 'is' ... but the idea bothers you very much obviously).. but dont sit there and act like everyone who doesnt agree with your opinion is being a child... other people have opinions of their own.. not just you and shin

heres the PSX Cover of Cap vs SNK Pro... (the correct way in my opinion)

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/e/e0/C_vs_snk.jpg

shin_remy
Dude will you ever STOP with Kyo, Ryu, Tery, Ken, Iori

like i said you always do that..you are ruiing all the topics with this crap

stop it.. be happy that they didn't match him up with Guile

here a cover of snk vs capcom with Ken vs Terry

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2659/203419nz.jpg

SaTsuJiN
This is a "Terry vs Ken" match basically.. they are the backbone of the battle even though the apprentices are involved.. so what is being discussed is perfectly fine..you dont ruin topics by discussing matters involved with that topic.. so if you or brain dont like it, dont post... thats all..

svc chaos isnt out yet for ps2 stick out tongue lets see ken dodge that p.wave smile

shin_remy
Svc not out for the ps2??

are you kidding me??

i have it pal, and Jap

and you must read the other post of the other members...

Terry wins from ken and even if Ken wins he hasn't enough strenght left to defeat Rock

and Rock wins from Sean

and you come up as first post as.. Terry rivals to Ryu bla bla bla Kyo bla bla bla...always messed tsss

SaTsuJiN
Svc not out for the ps2??

are you kidding me??

i have it pal, and Jap

isnt that europe and japan?.. its not out in america as far as I know...
I had checked gamespot the other day for it..http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/snkvscapcomsvc/index.html

I have it for xbox anyways... its really a shame that SNK made no money from "Cap vs SNK" series

Of course I read the other posts.. I havent disagreed with anyone persay... its just that my opinion conflicts with others

brainchild81
Actually.. you're the only person asking for info..most other people who enjoy fighting games respect terry as a character.. Whoa! What's that got to do w/anything? Where've you been? When I made my peace w/P. Geyser (a long time ago), I stated that my main reason for not liking Terry was those movies w/the lovesongs & stuff. I said in the future I'd try to look past those movies & that Terry couldn't be all that bad if he trained Rock. I still think that certain people would beat Terry, but it's no longer a matter of disrespect. Notice how me & P.Geyser don't get into pointless arguments and resort to name-calling (brown nosing?. Come on SaT, be mature) anymore? We don't always agree, but things would get boring if we did. We still get along though. I'm busting my @$$ right now trying to get some scans for him of Terry kicking @$$. You on the other hand seem to have something against me and now it's spilled over to you having something against Shin Remy just because he agreed(as did P-Geyser & 2D. I guess they're just brown nosing us to deathroll eyes (sarcastic) ) that he doesn't want this to turn into another Ryu should've rivaled Terry cryfest. Even those who agree with you on Ryu/Terry don't want to talk about that HERE.

as soon as ken gets compromised you throw a huge pile of bs about how I'm the one whining..the Kyo / Ryu thing is totally obvious.. which brings me to how you ignored what I've said, when I clearly asked you if you thought a highschooler with super powers (Kyo) could defeat a karate master with around 30 years of experience.. (ryu)... that went unanswered...(coincidence? I think not).. then.. a majority (at least 3 out of the 6 lines in your post was instead aimed at calling me a child.. yada yada.. (which really makes you seem soooooo grown up doesnt it?... laughing out loud ) and trying to act like kyo isnt favored by SNK whatsoever...I call you a child because you constantly are the guy who can't just chill & get along with everybody. @ 1st I though it was just me, but now you badmouth Remy just for not agreeing with everything you say word for word. Your thought process is "If more than one person disagrees with me on anything, they're just brown nosing each other to death". That's childish and you know it. I'd never call you a child if you didn't always act like one. Going by the logic you use about Terry/Kyo, how come every Japanese character they have isn't more popular than Terry?

No. I don't think Kyo can beat Ryu. I've still yet to see any proof that they chose Kyo because he's Japanese(Maybe him being a cool character has something to do with it?). You say that constantly with absolute zero proof from SNK to back it up. It's your opinion and you have a right to it, but stop presenting it as an obvious fact.
had the entire world recieved a part in the poll where it was decided whom to include in the game?.. no... that poll was japan only.. thus... japans decision influenced alot of the game.. kyo, being an asian character, was implimented due to this process, among many other factors (some of which I've stated) of course... if you dont like the idea of terry being superior to ken.. thats fine (not saying he 'is' ... but the idea bothers you very much obviously).. but dont sit there and act like everyone who doesnt agree with your opinion is being a child....other people have opinions of their own.. not just you and shinI don't act like that. There are others here who disagree. Only person I think is being a child is you, because you aresmile They're others who think Terry'd beat Ken, but that doesn't bother me because they're all just brown nosing you to death laughing See! I can be immature too! Just kidding. They've a right to think what they want. Let's squash this dude.

SaTsuJiN
I call you a child because you constantly are the guy who can't just chill & get along with everybody. @ 1st I though it was just me, but now you badmouth Remy just for not agreeing with everything you say word for word. Your thought process is "If more than one person disagrees with me on anything, they're just brown nosing each other to death". That's childish and you know it. I'd never call you a child if you didn't always act like one. Going by the logic you use about Terry/Kyo, how come every Japanese character they have isn't more popular than Terry?

name some japanese characters.. I'm sure I could rate their popularity level... a good example would be those new characters that came out of the clear blue to steal the spotlight from the older characters (the K999 team...then Soiree and his gang).. they arent still in the game for nothing.. and no I didnt badmouth remy for agreeing... the way the agreement occured was irritating.. it wasnt like a "Oh yeah thats true hehe" it was more like how a subordinate would agree with his/her supervisor in attempt to recieve brownie points for future endeavors..

plus its cute how you need proof for everything... next we'll have to prove tires are round for you.. sad

I brought this up because this became terry vs ken.. and people are all like "Yo terry would win, but he'd be exhausted".. give me a break laughing exhausted?.. I really dont think so

See! I can be immature too! Just kidding. They've a right to think what they want. Let's squash this dude.

Hmm...?..wow you're so funny.. no expression .. it was already squashed like 5 posts ago.. I needed confirmation? (oh thats right.. my bad.. I can only recieve confirmation after you've insulted me yet again.. some more coincidence.. perhaps I need proof though.. *cough* )... lets just say its obvious who doesnt like (or likes) SNK or Capcom here..

P-Geyser
I can only say thanks Brainchild. You are right though... us arguing is going to solve nothing. Though to be honest if I do blow my top a little, it's because of the day I had. As well I agree there are people that can defeat Terry...if Terry could never lose that would suck. All fighters have their strengths and their weaknesses.

Anyways...I hope both you guys can squash this.

SaTsuJiN
Oh, I've never said terry cant lose...to me he's at least a half or full tier above ken...the way I see things (with regards to pairing them according to 'design') is that :
terry is a wanderer (complete with dufflebag), just as ryu is a wanderer (with dufflebag)
Andy is terry's brother and rival.. just as ken is ryu's "brother" and rival.. as someone who designs characters as a hobby.. I would believe this to be the most logical matchup...
then you have the rich guys... the ninjas.. the thugs..the psychopaths.. they deserve to be paired with one another as characters (with consideration to "omg you're lucky terry wasnt paired with guile!".. guile could have easily been paired with anyone from the Ikari team, and that would have worked out fine)

the sheer fact that brainchild agrees that ryu could pound on kyo, shows that their being "rivaled" was absolutely pointless and half-assed, and could only be the result of their nationality being the characteristic that binds them as rivals... its not Capcom vs KOF.. its Capcom vs SNK

furthermore.. on the issue of solving nothing.. why even have a versus forum?.. all we can do is speculate everything.. 'we' didnt make these characters.. so really who are we to say who defeats the other?.. its all about trading opinions and enjoying those opinions.. but thats obviously not happening here

brainchild81
I call you a child because you constantly are the guy who can't just chill & get along with everybody. @ 1st I though it was just me, but now you badmouth Remy just for not agreeing with everything you say word for word. Your thought process is "If more than one person disagrees with me on anything, they're just brown nosing each other to death". That's childish and you know it. I'd never call you a child if you didn't always act like one. Going by the logic you use about Terry/Kyo, how come every Japanese character they have isn't more popular than Terry?

name some japanese characters.. I'm sure I could rate their popularity level... a good example would be those new characters that came out of the clear blue to steal the spotlight from the older characters (the K999 team...then Soiree and his gang)........Soiree and his gang in any of the crossover games? Terry is a good deal more popular than the other Japanese characters. They could have put any Japanese guy up against Ryu right? Why'd Kyo get it? Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
they arent still in the game for nothing.. and no I didnt badmouth remy for agreeing... the way the agreement occured was irritating.. it wasnt like a "Oh yeah thats true hehe" it was more like how a subordinate would agree with his/her supervisor in attempt to recieve brownie points for future endeavors..Wow. You've got a nasty little habit of reading a bit too much into something. You wind up seeing things that aren't really there. There was no brown nosing. NOBODY wants this to be a "Terry's rival shoulda coulda woulda fest". Is everybody brown nosing?

plus its cute how you need proof for everything... next we'll have to prove tires are round for you.. sadIs that SaTtalk for "Proof? I don't have any proof. Please stop asking for it. You're making me look like a guy who's just making assumptions about everything again. I hate when you do that because all I'm capable of doing in response is getting angry and insulting people "? If it is then I'm sorry for doing that. Not trying to be cute. "Tires are round" is an obvious fact. "Terry should be rivaled by Ryu" isn't. "Kyo rivals Ryu because he's Japanese" isn't either. It's opinion. It really shouldn't be that hard to understand. Seriously dude, ask yourself how come you're the ONLY one acting like this? I'm getting along with everybody but you and I'm trying pretty hard to just get along.
I brought this up because this became terry vs ken.. and people are all like "Yo terry would win, but he'd be exhausted".. give me a break laughing exhausted?.. I really dont think so

See! I can be immature too! Just kidding. They've a right to think what they want. Let's squash this dude.

Hmm...?..wow you're so funny.. no expression .. it was already squashed like 5 posts ago.. I needed confirmation?I didn't notice any squashing(Did anybody else? where?). My bad then. Fresh start for everybody now then. I'll make no more insults from this point on then.

brainchild81
Oh, I've never said terry cant lose...to me he's at least a half or full tier above ken...the way I see things (with regards to pairing them according to 'design') is that :
terry is a wanderer (complete with dufflebag), just as ryu is a wanderer (with dufflebag)
Andy is terry's brother and rival.. just as ken is ryu's "brother" and rival.. as someone who designs characters as a hobby.. I would believe this to be the most logical matchup...
then you have the rich guys... the ninjas.. the thugs..the psychopaths.. they deserve to be paired with one another as characters (with consideration to "omg you're lucky terry wasnt paired with guile!".. guile could have easily been paired with anyone from the Ikari team, and that would have worked out fine)

the sheer fact that brainchild agrees that ryu could pound on kyo, shows that their being "rivaled" was absolutely pointless and half-assed, and could only be the result of their nationality being the characteristic that binds them as rivals... laughing I didn't say pound on him. I think that Ryu'd win(could possibly be wrong. It's cool to see you putting so much stock into my opinion though), but Kyo'd give him a rough time. Same as w/Terry Vs. Ryu. I think that Ryu'd win, but Terry'd give him a rough time. Kyo'd probably give him a lil' more trouble IMO. I'm very glad nobody in charge put Ken Vs. Andy. That would've been a real insult. I like Andy, but SNK gives him very little respect nowadays. For SNK to pair him up against Ken wouldv'e been showing little respect for Ken. It honestly seems sometimes like SNK respects Ken a lil more than Capcom does. Ken & Terry both seem pretty badass in the books so far. People like Ryu & Iori are getting beaten pretty badly. I wish there would've been a Capcom VS. SNK2 book. Seeing Ken & Rock on the same page would've been awesome. You think Andy'd be a better rival than Iori for Ken?

SaTsuJiN
Andy was at his peak in real bout fatal fury special.. I think he was called violent andy (shadow andy?) or something.. a secret character...and his geki hishouken kicked major ass.. he also had Zan'ei reppa if I'm not mistaken... if they put that version of him in, I'm sure he'd garner major respect... KoF wise.. andy has been crapped on

andy rival with iori?.. I dont think their personalities go well together as characters to muster a rival with them... Kim Kap-Hwan always says something crazy to the evil ones.. he's usually the better one to create a special intro for in regards to Iori (aside from Kyo of course)... then you have Violent Ken vs Blood-riot Iori (great matchup in my opinion)

brainchild81
SNK wise he's been crapped on. Why is Choi on SVC Chaos and Andy ain't?

SaTsuJiN
they havent updated andy at all last I've seen... (I stopped playing @ like 98 or 99...).. robert also suffers from lack of updates... even in Neo Battle Coliseum he seems crappy (and omg his outfit and fighting stance is horrible).. the designers need to be fired desperately... so many talented artists out there looking for a job

2D_MASTER
SNK wise he's been crapped on. Why is Choi on SVC Chaos and Andy ain't?

personally, I never did like Andy.. His costume is genertic ass hell, and he is too serious and monotone. Game play wise, he can be pretty good, I actually can kick ass with him. Andy will probably never get updated just becuase his charcter is just too dull, as well as his outfit.

brainchild81
I like ninjas

SaTsuJiN
hmm.. I liked the realbout rendition of his outfit... when he started wearing the black gloves.. they could easily reinvent that if they cared...

I doodled terry on artpad http://artpad.art.com/?ixcpdp5ylrs
(hmm.. I think artpad is having problems.. it may have not gone through sad )

brainchild81
I couldn't see it. You talking about these gloves?

shin_remy
to me he's at least a half or full tier above ken...the way I see things

LOOOOOOLL laughing

then you don't know enough about Ken!!

And 1 other thing I want to mention is that Ken has WON from Ryu in Street Fighter 3 ( not second impact or 3s )

stick out tongue

Ken rivals to Iori and Terry
Ryu rivals to Kyo and Terry

done.... is complete bullshit what youre saying about Terry a half or a full tier above Ken..

but OK it is YOUR opinion

brainchild81
Ken does have @ the very least 1 win against Ryu. Even though I don't hate Terry anymore, I really can't imagine him doing more than giving Ryu(or Ken) a rough time. I honestly think Terry's reached a plateau and has pretty much maxed himself out & reached his full potential. That's probably why he hasn't won much since the 90s. I don't think he can beat people like Ken & Ryu. He'd beat up damn near everybody underneath that level though. Ken on the other hand is far from his full potential because he doesn't train that seriously. He's a good as he now merely because he's what we call a "natural" like Kyo & Rock. Kyo's flames give him advantages over more experienced people. Rock, despite his age, has shown himself to be @ least on Terry's level and he'll only get better w/time. He's a natural because he wasn't taught Geese's moves but he somehow still knows 'em.

P-Geyser
Ken does have @ the very least 1 win against Ryu. Even though I don't hate Terry anymore, I really can't imagine him doing more than giving Ryu(or Ken) a rough time. I honestly think Terry's reached a plateau and has pretty much maxed himself out & reached his full potential. That's probably why he hasn't won much since the 90s. I don't think he can beat people like Ken & Ryu. He'd beat up damn near everybody underneath that level though. Ken on the other hand is far from his full potential because he doesn't train that seriously. He's a good as he now merely because he's what we call a "natural" like Kyo & Rock. Kyo's flames give him advantages over more experienced people. Rock, despite his age, has shown himself to be @ least on Terry's level and he'll only get better w/time. He's a natural because he wasn't taught Geese's moves but he somehow still knows 'em.

Damn I dont want to go off on topic because I respect your opinion but I am sorry I have to disagree a little. Terry I believe has not reached his full potential in my opinion. I really believe he can give Ryu and Especially Ken a serious time(and yes I think he could beat them) and I think he will give them a better challenge than Kyo. True Kyo has an advantage being that he was born being able to weild flames, but his martial arts skills are nothing compared to Ryu, Terry and Ken.

As well SNK never stated that Kyo officialy defeated Terry Bogard though I have a manga of KOF 94 were Terry beats Kyo....The story was the Japan team did win but that happened since they deafeated the womens team...Fatal Fury and AOF were a stalemate.

I am not sure Rock being on Terry's level now...well since the storyline in Garou is a decade after The FF timeline. Damn... anyways back to the topic.

Hoshi
in my opnion ken is probaly as strong as terry ,if they fought it would probaly result in a stalemate .The question is sean and rock .Rock is almost as strong as terry , and sean is not so close to kens level .In terms of teamwork both of them are pretty goog since they are master and student, but since sean knows ansatsuken and rock knows geese and terry style i could say ken and sean have a small advantage in teamwork.In the end I think it woud be a stalemate .

brainchild81
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Damn I dont want to go off on topic because I respect your opinion but I am sorry I have to disagree a little. Terry I believe has not reached his full potential in my opinion. I really believe he can give Ryu and Especially Ken a serious time(and yes I think he could beat them) and I think he will give them a better challenge than Kyo. True Kyo has an advantage being that he was born being able to weild flames, but his martial arts skills are nothing compared to Ryu, Terry and Ken.

As well SNK never stated that Kyo officialy defeated Terry Bogard though I have a manga of KOF 94 were Terry beats Kyo....The story was the Japan team did win but that happened since they deafeated the womens team...Fatal Fury and AOF were a stalemate.

I am not sure Rock being on Terry's level now...well since the storyline in Garou is a decade after The FF timeline. Damn... anyways back to the topic. Good point about the MOTW timeline. But it's weird though because Rock's in KOF:MI and the KOF:Another Day Anime. I think they're gonna disregard the whole "near future" thing.

SaTsuJiN
didnt you guys say that 1 win against ryu was because ryu was distracted about akuma wanting to teach him? so how does beating up someone distracted count?

To me.. terry vs ken is like a serious workout for terry.. but that terry vs ryu is when it gets serious... I'm going by the garou terry naturally, since its most recent.. which is strange because terry seems to have a newfound liveliness in garou (through rock maybe?)... ultimately.. I dont see SNK updating him gameplay nor storywise... didnt garou come out like 2001'ish?.. I remember it being one of a dying dreamcast's "must buy" titles

and yes I meant that outfit of andy's... that can easily be updated if the art department actually gave a damn... and plz god dont let falcoon touch it... sick

2D_MASTER
didnt you guys say that 1 win against ryu was because ryu was distracted about akuma wanting to teach him? so how does beating up someone distracted count?

To me.. terry vs ken is like a serious workout for terry.. but that terry vs ryu is when it gets serious... I'm going by the garou terry naturally, since its most recent.. which is strange because terry seems to have a newfound liveliness in garou (through rock maybe?)... ultimately.. I dont see SNK updating him gameplay nor storywise... didnt garou come out like 2001'ish?.. I remember it being one of a dying dreamcast's "must buy" titles

and yes I meant that outfit of andy's... that can easily be updated if the art department actually gave a damn... and plz god dont let falcoon touch it... sick

Actually I think SNK does a great job in updating Terry. Terry was first able to do a Buster wolf in 98, with Garou. In 2002 he was given rising force ( the original version of rock howards shining knuckle). In 2003 he was finally given the buster wolf for the first time in KOF. Also in 2003 it seems they final gave him the move that he used to defeat Mars (in my opinion), Power Stream. Then in SVC chaos they gave added the Buster wolf to Terry's arsenal, plus they made the triple power geyser executeable with a a power level of one. Not to mention in SVc they gave him the Rising beat (his own neo deadly rave). If you go to KOF 10th anniversary site( http://www.kof10th.com ) they talk about how much time they devoted to Terry in the KOF series. I think SNK has updated Terry pretty good.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Also in 2003 it seems they final gave him the move that he used to defeat Mars (in my opinion), Power Stream. If you go to KOF 10th anniversary site( http://www.kof10th.com ) they talk about how much time they devoted to Terry in the KOF series. I think SNK has updated Terry pretty good.

drool now I want 2k3 even more.. sad ...

I guess its not very KoF'ish of me.. but I'd like to see revisions of burning knuckle, and crack-shoot (maybe even rising tackle).. in every kof he uses the exact same amount of force to do those particular moves.. and maybe a beam power wave embarrasment like in the anime eek!

isnt it wierd how they're talking about KoF 10th anniversary in 2005/2006.. when their first KoF title was 94? What the f**k?

its true they did update him movelist wise.. mostly what I mean is that nothing major happens in his life anymore (lastly being the apprenticeship of rock)

P-Geyser
Good point about the MOTW timeline. But it's weird though because Rock's in KOF:MI and the KOF:Another Day Anime. I think they're gonna disregard the whole "near future" thing.

Playmore messes up ALOT with this kind of stuff.

shin_remy
Ken has won in sf alpha 1 when ryu had a big mouth and was proud that he defeated sagat!!

AND he has won in street fighter 3... you can also see the ending... Ken wants to give ryu a lift after the battle but ryu wants to walk....

it is now

2-3 for ryu

ken lost from ryu in street fighter 3 third strike

brainchild81
Originally posted by P-Geyser
The only two matches that Terry did not lose for a dumbass reasons is when he fought Ryo and K". Ofcourse the HK baised writers had Terry lose but Terry fought K' and Ryo the way he would have. He gave Ryo and K' a hard time. Most think (Including me) that Ryu'd beat the mess outta Ryo. Is Ryo beating Terry canon?

SaTsuJiN
so if he gave both a hard time.. he would have defeated ryo if it were 1 on 1..

brainchild81
Read the two matches thing SaT. Two fights, not 2 on 1. Unless he fought them together 2x

SaTsuJiN
he does it one after the other right?.. meaning he loses some energy on one and has to progress to the next.. or did he rest in between?

Superboy Prime
This is the way I see it:

Ken > Terry - exhausted Ken
Rock > Sean - fresh Rock
Rock > Ken - exhausted Rock

brainchild81
That's the same way I see it. Sean is the weak link and he causes his team to lose by getting his @$$ beat so easilyOriginally posted by SaTsuJiN
he does it one after the other right?.. meaning he loses some energy on one and has to progress to the next.. or did he rest in between? Nah. We're talking about him losing 2 fights. He lost ALL his energy I guess. These fights probably didn't take place on the same day. P-Geyser would know though.

shin_remy

Terry wins from ken and even IF Ken wins he hasn't enough strenght left to defeat Rock.

and Rock wins from Sean

Ken is exhausted from the battle from Terry

i don't know if Ken has the power to defeat Rock too after Terry. I don't think that..

i still go for the Team of Terry.. Cause SEAN SUCKS!!!!

P-Geyser
Ken is exhausted from the battle from Terry

i don't know if Ken has the power to defeat Rock too after Terry. I don't think that..

i still go for the Team of Terry.. Cause SEAN SUCKS!!!!

I agree but I really dont think Ken will beat Terry....it will be a long match but Bogard will come out on top. And maybe we should ease up on Sean a bit.

SaTsuJiN
well rock 'does' have it in his lineage to battle.. thus him being better than sean.. but its nice that sean tries.. at least he went from a nobody to a fireball throwing nobody smile

Darkstorm Zero
Somehow, I get the feeling that this was an inintentional curbstomp, although Ken is a great fighter, he can't beat them both on his own. and Sean is basically like a 2nd generation Sakura... He will get owned pretty quickly

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Somehow, I get the feeling that this was an inintentional curbstomp, although Ken is a great fighter, he can't beat them both on his own. and Sean is basically like a 2nd generation Sakura... He will get owned pretty quickly

It wasnt intentional, I thought there would be tons of SF fan boys, giving this To Ken and Sean. Ken is my favorite street fighter Character, I would'nt try and put him in a spite thread.

Darkstorm Zero
I meant to say Unintentional, it was a Typo stick out tongue

Well anyways, Terry and Ken are fairly even, but Sean is not going to get far ith Rock. so essentially this becomes a 2 on 1, and Ken cannot beat both of them simultaneously.

unrealman
Sean isn't worthy enough to wash the feet Dan walks on much less Sakura shoes.

SaTsuJiN
yeah.. at least sakura can choose how big to make her hadoken... and i dont think ryu trained her to do it o_O..

honestly I dont like how 'lightly' hadokens or power waves, stuff of that nature, is taken... they should have more of an impact on the fight or something

Superboy Prime
Sean is ****ing gross and pathetic. We were better of playing as a seasoned/older Sakura in SF3. Damn it. I mean she learned the moves just by watching Ryu perform them, and eventhough they are not as effective as the original they are much better than Sean's who got first hand training from Ken himself. The guy is just lame. I hate him. Now if he had the talent Rock has...anyways. Ryu does not train anyone simply because he is still a student himself--that's what he says anyway.

I still see Ken defeating Terry in a long fight though.
Rock completely destroying and humiliating Sean, and hopefully get him to quit the art of fighting altogether.
Then Rock having a hard time putting Ken down, but still doing it and probably thanks to the techniques he inherited from his father.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Sean is ****ing gross and pathetic. We were better of playing as a seasoned/older Sakura in SF3. Damn it. I mean she learned the moves just by watching Ryu perform them, and eventhough they are not as effective as the original they are much better than Sean's who got first hand training from Ken himself. The guy is just lame. I hate him. Now if he had the talent Rock has...anyways. Ryu does not train anyone simply because he is still a student himself--that's what he says anyway.

I still see Ken defeating Terry in a long fight though.
Rock completely destroying and humiliating Sean, and hopefully get him to quit the art of fighting altogether.
Then Rock having a hard time putting Ken down, but still doing it and probably thanks to the techniques he inherited from his father. Ditto. Ken'd have a little trouble w/Rock even if he was fresh. A tired Ken will eventually lose to a fresh Rock. Capcom's just hatin' on Sean 'cause he's black.

SaTsuJiN
oh dear.. not the race card laughing out loud and I think he's actually brazilian.. messed

brainchild81
laughing Yes!!! The race card!!!! Many people of African lineage live there. That's where capoeira comes from. It was created by slaves. He's black ya'll. He's black ya'll. & he's black & he's black & he's black ya'll!!!!!

Darkstorm Zero
It' doesn't matter if he's black white green or purple...

Dee Jay would kick his ass...

brainchild81
Yeah. Hopefully he's learning from all these beatings he's getting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.