Making My Own Movie...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DirectGirl14
Hey everyone, My name is Becca and I'm 14 years old.. and I've always wanted to make my own sort of movie. And I figured I'm old enough to get every thing together, and make one. And this is the only place I could find that might be able to help.

Soo, here goes..

I want to make a Horror/Thriller kind of movie...and I was wondering how you can make it sound like a 'film'. Ill be using a Home camera that we already have, I've got down a website that helps with making it look like a 'film'. But when you're recording, and then you play it back it has that certain sound to it that makes it not seem real enough, ya know?

So could anyone help with this?
Also if anyone could help me along with the movie I'm going to be making..I'm the Director/Actress, so I'm going to need a little help. And I don't know of anyone who could help me.

Thanks,
Becca

Solo
What matters the most for picture quality is the lighting. Audio is a much trickier subject, there's many factors you have to consider.

It all depends on how much you're wiling to spend for: mics, digital recording software, and many, many other things.

Audio requires quite a large amount of money. But the cheapest way to do things is grab condensor mics, grab Phantom Power (optional, make things a hell of a lot easier). If you plan on getting a digital recorder then the higher the sample rate (48khz or higher preferred) and the bit rate (16-bit is ok, 24 bit is optimal) the better.

S/N ratio is important too. That is signal to noise. The higher the better.

Also a -10db pad is very useful.

Making a movie isn't as easy as it looks, and if you want it to the budget will suck the money out of your pocket. But good luck to you.

Mišt
Record your audio stuff seperately and put it in through post production, it wont sound so gay and fake then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.