Doomsday Vs. Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Could the ultimate weapon of destruction truly take down the Spirit of Vengeance??? This is gonna be interestin'...!!!!!!!

This is Doomsday from the "Death of Superman" storyline in case you were wonderin'....and the fight takes place in downtown NYC at night...who wins and more importantly, HOW?

Thunderstrike
To be honest, and I'm looking for the Doomsday fanboys, but GR would take this one. He has two things working for him that will screw Doomsday over.

1. Ghost Rider literally cannot die. Whoever had Blade killing him was crap.
2. The penance stare. Doomsday can process thought, and has always had a hatred of all life. The penance stare will work on him.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
To be honest, and I'm looking for the Doomsday fanboys, but GR would take this one. He has two things working for him that will screw Doomsday over.

1. Ghost Rider literally cannot die. Whoever had Blade killing him was crap.
2. The penance stare. Doomsday can process thought, and has always had a hatred of all life. The penance stare will work on him.

thumb up Happy Dance I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!!!!!!!

Darth Kal-El
Been done before, but Ghost Rider beats him the first time, then loses the other times

Thunderstrike
He can also send him to hell. Also, the Penance Stare doesn't kill either. Just puts the person in eternal torment.

leonidas
not too sure about the eternal part . . .

anyway, it's an interesting battle. another interesting question -- does dd have a soul? he was created rather than born. he's sort of an evolving machine. if he has no soul the stare won't work at all. there was someone else who was immune to the stare. something about feeling no remorse for any deed. if that's the case (can't recall the actual details) dd would certainly fall into this category as well.

i think it's a large question whether the stare would work on him for both these reasons. if the stare doesn't work, gr is finished. he might not be able to kill gr permenantly, but he certainly would ko him and gr would be little to no threat physically though the hellfire might cause dd some grief.

Thunderstrike
The Hellfire is sick, and causes an immense amount of pain to anything that it hits. It's considered magical, which makes it able to hurt Superman as well. There's a reason I think that GR should be considered the most feared foe in Marvel Comics, not counting the Celestials. There's a reason they don't have him fight guys like Thanos though. Also, the thing is that Doomsday wouldn't be able to kill him.

Avalonofthewind
DD.
GR would have actually stood a much better chance against the more recent "thinking" Doomsday with the stare. Death of Superman DD was pretty much mindless so I doubt the stare would work. As far as I know, DD is a notch above Supes in durability since he has no actual weakness to anything. Supes has taken Hellfire pretty well, so I doubt GR is doing anything.

Thunderstrike
Supes shouldn't be able to take GR's hellfire though. It's a mystic/magical ability. It would hurt him beyond all means. I also read in DD's bio that he just didn't speak the first time around. All he felt was hate. Also, DD wouldn't be able to really hurt him. Just hit him. GR could always whip him around with that chain of his.

Avalonofthewind
Supes has been immersed in the flames of hell (actual hell) and survived it, plus took a shot from Etrigan who's quite powerful himself so he's quite capable of surviving such an assault. In the actual book, DD is shown to be a mindless creature. Current DD is JUST learning emotions, emotions made him curious. The penance stare would likely not work on him in DOS level. As for Ghost Rider "throwing" him around with his chain....he's nowhere near strong enough to contend with DD on a physical level. Even though GR is immortal, there is only so much punishment he could take at a time.

DD takes this.

Thunderstrike
I agree with everything except the punishment he can take. Actually, he's a true immoral provided he stays as the GR. You've made good points, Avalon. I think that, to be honest, this battle would go on for eternity with no victor unless Zarathos himself would emerge.

K Von Doom
Ghost Rider can be physically harmed by the superstrong Doomsday, but there's nothing the Spirit of Vengeance can do to physically hurt Doomsday. If we say Doomsday is just some kind of animal, the penance stare wouldn't work on him.

leonidas
I agree with everything except the punishment he can take. Actually, he's a true immoral provided he stays as the GR. You've made good points, Avalon. I think that, to be honest, this battle would go on for eternity with no victor unless Zarathos himself would emerge.

blink

gr's been knocked out many times. if he really wants, dd just extends his knuckle bones and shoves them in gr's eyes. wolverine ko'd him that way. and while wolvie wasn't durable enough to NOT get ko'd along with him, dd sure as hell is . . .

hellfire would cause him some pain, but that's nothing to dd. penance stare probably wouldn't work for reasons above. gr is not even close (not even remotely close) to as strong as dd.

gr is uber cool, but he's in over his head here i'm afraid. the reason he doesn't fight the cosmic level menaces you're talking about is because zarathos himself is not a high level cosmic. mephisto has kicked his arse (and we all kow how mephisto does against thanos . . .). hell, even blade has taken down zarathos. if zarathos is below these cosmic-type guys, what chance does gr have of winning against them?

Tshern
How about Doomsday simply incapacitating GR? Just spreading the pieces of GR's trunk all over the town... There's no need to kill when incapacitating is an option.

And Doomsday might evolve to be immune against Penance Stare when it's used against him or during the usage.

Deicide
Superman isint weak against magic...he just has no defense against it. i think the stare would work on him.....plus GR could prolly call upon the forces of Hell to assist him in defeating DD. who could stand up to that? Superman? lol.

Mider
DD would probably evolve beyond the stair and maybe even evolve to the point where he can hurt ghost rider like he did the radient.

Comicbook_kid
All Doomsday can do is hit and punch him, or kick him, and tear him in two...but none of that is going to stop Ghost Rider...hell, he's been blown to pieces before and reassembled himself...and especially if DD's going up against the Ghost Rider most recently seen in Garth Ennis' mini-series, he's really going to have problems. Ghost Rider went toe to toe with an archangel and a very powerful high-level demon from Hell...
I personally believe the penace-stare will work on Doomsday...and here's why. Remember at the beginning of the DOS storyline when Doomsday crushed the bird in his hand and then laughed about it...well, that tells me that Doomsday is capable of feeling and understanding his actions and that he's not a totally mindless creature capable of feeling only hatred. He obviously understood what he did to the bird and liked it!! He caused the death of that bird and reliced in the feeling of death...therefore, I believe the penace-stare would work on Doomsday. He would indeed be able to feel the pain of all of his victims multiplied a thousand fold...
The penace-stare along with pure hell fire would be something Doomsday couldn't handle...

Deicide
Hey comicbook kid. i agree with u on that one....by the way. im a fellow West Virginian, in Hamlin.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Deicide
Hey comicbook kid. i agree with u on that one....by the way. im a fellow West Virginian, in Hamlin.

COOL!! Always nice to meet a fellow West Virginian!! Although I'm not exactly sure where Hamlin is though...where is that exactly? Is that in the northern panhandle? I live in the south right on the border of WV and VA...

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Mider
DD would probably evolve beyond the stair and maybe even evolve to the point where he can hurt ghost rider like he did the radient.

You can't evolve beyond Hell. Ghost Rider is powered by a demon. Also, if he's hit with the Stare, he doesn't die. He lives, but in an eternal hell of his own until the day he dies of old age. If he's immortal, there will be no release. Also, after the Penance Stare, he could chain DD to his bike, and throw him into the gates of Hell.

jgiant
can't really decide who wins...dd would probably be affected by the stare...but i don't kno if it will slow him down that long...he could evolve to the point were it doesn't cause him pain...then there is the fact that i don't kno what can really harm gr...doomsday can just beat the shit out of him all day but i don't kno if gr will go down for the count...

Thunderstrike
Penance Stare keeps them locked where they are.

jgiant
Penance Stare keeps them locked where they are. Yes but can dd evolve enough to overcome it...

Thunderstrike
It's not of his dimension, or of even life itself. The Penance Stare is literally judgment being passed to the person recieving. You can't evolve beyond it. It's like saying Doomsday could evolve beyond Spectre sending him to hell.

jgiant
interesting...but didn't some run away after the stare was used on them...mr. hyde...

Deicide

i live in Lincoln County. thats near Huntington and Charleston. near the Ohio and Kentucky borders

jgiant

i live in Lincoln County. thats near Huntington and Charleston. near the Ohio and Kentucky borders awesome...sounds like your life is just one big adventure...

Mider
if DD cant evolve beyond it why didnt GR just use the stair on mephesto

Deicide
thanks for that.....that was so awesome.

jgiant
thanks for that.....that was so awesome. no prob...

Deicide
have u heard about the new Ghost rider movie? is Nicholas Cage supposed to be playing Johnny Blaze GR or the other guy who was GR. anyway i just dont see nick cage as any kinda super hero.

jgiant
have u heard about the new Ghost rider movie? is Nicholas Cage supposed to be playing Johnny Blaze GR or the other guy who was GR. anyway i just dont see nick cage as any kinda super hero. yeah...there is a teaser for it and a cgi gr...it looks pretty cool, but i agree cage is no superhero....but who knows he may surprise...

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Mider
if DD cant evolve beyond it why didnt GR just use the stair on mephesto

Throwing a stair at him wouldn't do anything. Throwing a whole flight of stairs would do anything either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.