Official favorite scripture thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

docb77
Ok, here's the deal. I think there is something to learn from everyone. I want to know what everyones favorite scriptural verses are. These can be from the Bible, Torah, Book of Mormon, Bagavad gita, Vedas, Koran, etc. Any writings considered sacred are allowed.

My favorite from the Book of Mormon

Alma 37:36-37

36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

I like it because it shows a source of strength anyone can turn to when they are in need. There's a comfort knowing He's always there for you.

Wesker
Wow, a real religious thread in the religious forum that doesn't question religion. That's... fantastic.

I applaud the idea.

docb77
Yeah, I wondered why I didn't see anything like this before. So how about it Wesker? Any bit of scripture inspire you?

Wesker
Another time. I'm having trouble locating it; I may have the wrong version. Anyways, I -think- it was Corinthians 13-14.

docb77
Whenever you find it.

Punker69
Psalms 3

Luke 16:15-18

debbiejo
It would be nice if you all quoted what the verses were, so I wouldn't have to go look them up............hmmm let me think. *thinking*

I just woke up ya know....

If you have offended your brother, put down your sacrifice and go make amends with him, because peace is better than sacrifice.....something like that.....

Adam_PoE
David, a handsome, ruddy-cheeked youth and the youngest son of Jesse, is brought before Saul, the king of Israel, having slain the giant Philistine warrior Goliath with only a stone and sling (1 Sam. 16:14-21).

Jonathan, the eldest son of Saul, is struck with love for David on their first meeting (1 Samuel 18:1), and that same day, makes a covenant with him because he loves him (1 Samuel 18:3). He then removes and offers David the rich garments he is wearing, and shares with him his worldly possessions (1 Samuel 18:4).

The people of Israel openly accept David and sing of his praises, so much so that it draws the jealousy of Saul (1 Samuel 18:5-9). Saul tries repeatedly to kill David, but is each time unsuccessful, and David's reputation only grows with each attempt (1 Samuel 18:24-25).

Upon learning of one of Saul's murder attempts, Jonathan warns David to hide (1 Samuel 19:1-2). David is forced to flee more of Saul's attempts to kill him (1 Samuel 19:1-20:1), and in a moment when they find themselves alone together, David says to Jonathan, "Your father knows well that I have found favor in your sight, and he has said, 'Do not let Jonathan know this, or he will be grieved,' but truly as the LORD lives and as your soul lives, there is hardly a step between me and death," (1 Samuel 20:3).

"Then Jonathan said to David, 'Whatever you say, I will do for you,'" (1 Samuel 20:4). And "Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, 'May the LORD require it at the hands of David's enemies,'" and "Jonathan made David vow again because of his love for him," (1 Samuel 20:16-17).

David agrees to hide, until Jonathan can confront his father and ascertain whether it is safe for David to stay (1 Samuel 20:18-22). When Jonathan approaches his father to plead David's cause, he replies, "You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you are choosing the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother's nakedness?" (1 Samuel 20:30).

Jonathan is so grieved that he does not eat for days (1 Samuel 20:34). He goes to David at his hiding place to tell him that it is unsafe for him and he must leave: "When the lad was gone, David rose from the south side and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed three times And they kissed each other and wept together, until David exceeded. Jonathan said to David, 'Go in safety, inasmuch as we have sworn to each other in the name of the LORD, saying, 'The LORD will be between me and you, and between my descendants and your descendants forever.' Then he rose and departed, while Jonathan went into the city," (1 Samuel 20:41-42).

Saul continues to pursue David (1 Samuel 21-23:14), David and Jonathan renew their covenant together (1 Samuel 23:15-18), and eventually Saul and David reconcile (1 Samuel 24:16-22). When Jonathan is slain on Mt. Gilboa by the Philistines (1 Samuel 31:2), David laments his death saying, "I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; you have been very pleasant to me. Your love to me was more wonderful than the love of women," (2 Samuel 1:26).

Wesker
I Corinthians 12-14. Specifically:

'Love is patient; love is kind and envies no one. Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude; never selfish, not quick to take offence. Love keeps no score of wrongs; does not gloat over other men's sins, but delights in the truth. There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, its hope, and its endurance.

Love will never come to an end. Are there prophets? their work will be over. Are there tongues of ecstacy? they will cease. Is there knowledge? it will vanish away; for our knowledge and our prophecy alike are partial, and the partial vanishes when wholeness comes. When I was a child, my speech, my outlook, and my thoughts were all childish. When I grew up, I had finished with childish things. Now we see only puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we shall see face to face. My knowledge now is partial; then it will be whole, like God's knowledge of me. In a word, there are three things that will last for ever: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of them all is love.'

That has to be my favorite.

debbiejo
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

evil face

debbiejo

Wesker
That's just that Dark Ages idea of God's will is right, anything not God's will is wrong. Morality becomes subjective to God; might is right.

Shakyamunison
JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

debbiejo
Isa.57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

debbiejo
II SAMUEL 24: And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Isreal and Judah.

I CHRONICLES 21: And SATAN stood up against Isreal, and provoked David to number Israel.

Which one of these is true? Is Satan and god the same person??

Shakyamunison
1 Cor.1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and wil bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

docb77
Thanks guys! Lot's of good scriptures.

Hey Shaky, I thought you were buddhist or hindu. I was a little surprised that you used bible scriptures.

Wesker
He's a poser! Ooooo!

sithsaber408
Prov. 16: 2-5....

"All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, But the Lord weighs the motives.
Commit your works to the Lord, and your plans will be established.
The Lord has made everthing for its own purpose, even the wicked for the day of evil.
Everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord; assuredly, he will not be unpunished."

smile

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by docb77
Thanks guys! Lot's of good scriptures.

Hey Shaky, I thought you were buddhist or hindu. I was a little surprised that you used bible scriptures.

I know the bible well, I used to be a Christian.

+ Deb gave it to me. laughing

MC Mike
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
David, a handsome, ruddy-cheeked youth and the youngest son of Jesse, is brought before Saul, the king of Israel, having slain the giant Philistine warrior Goliath with only a stone and sling (1 Sam. 16:14-21).

Jonathan, the eldest son of Saul, is struck with love for David on their first meeting (1 Samuel 18:1), and that same day, makes a covenant with him because he loves him (1 Samuel 18:3). He then removes and offers David the rich garments he is wearing, and shares with him his worldly possessions (1 Samuel 18:4).

The people of Israel openly accept David and sing of his praises, so much so that it draws the jealousy of Saul (1 Samuel 18:5-9). Saul tries repeatedly to kill David, but is each time unsuccessful, and David's reputation only grows with each attempt (1 Samuel 18:24-25).

Upon learning of one of Saul's murder attempts, Jonathan warns David to hide (1 Samuel 19:1-2). David is forced to flee more of Saul's attempts to kill him (1 Samuel 19:1-20:1), and in a moment when they find themselves alone together, David says to Jonathan, "Your father knows well that I have found favor in your sight, and he has said, 'Do not let Jonathan know this, or he will be grieved,' but truly as the LORD lives and as your soul lives, there is hardly a step between me and death," (1 Samuel 20:3).

"Then Jonathan said to David, 'Whatever you say, I will do for you,'" (1 Samuel 20:4). And "Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, 'May the LORD require it at the hands of David's enemies,'" and "Jonathan made David vow again because of his love for him," (1 Samuel 20:16-17).

David agrees to hide, until Jonathan can confront his father and ascertain whether it is safe for David to stay (1 Samuel 20:18-22). When Jonathan approaches his father to plead David's cause, he replies, "You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you are choosing the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother's nakedness?" (1 Samuel 20:30).

Jonathan is so grieved that he does not eat for days (1 Samuel 20:34). He goes to David at his hiding place to tell him that it is unsafe for him and he must leave: "When the lad was gone, David rose from the south side and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed three times And they kissed each other and wept together, until David exceeded. Jonathan said to David, 'Go in safety, inasmuch as we have sworn to each other in the name of the LORD, saying, 'The LORD will be between me and you, and between my descendants and your descendants forever.' Then he rose and departed, while Jonathan went into the city," (1 Samuel 20:41-42).

Saul continues to pursue David (1 Samuel 21-23:14), David and Jonathan renew their covenant together (1 Samuel 23:15-18), and eventually Saul and David reconcile (1 Samuel 24:16-22). When Jonathan is slain on Mt. Gilboa by the Philistines (1 Samuel 31:2), David laments his death saying, "I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; you have been very pleasant to me. Your love to me was more wonderful than the love of women," (2 Samuel 1:26).

Wow. I need to show that to my Christian friends...

Wesker
Damn, I didn't even read that initially. Interesting.

Gregory
Somewhere in Matthew ...

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Then the King will say to those on his right, `Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, `I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Then he will say to those on his left, `Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I was naked and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

They also will answer, `Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, `I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

Nellinator
The steps of a good man are
ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be
utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with
His hand.
Psalm 37:23-24 (The New King James Version)

Regret
Here is one of many...

Isaiah 32:5

5 The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful.

Regret
And another...

Tao Te Ching 7

The sage stays behind, thus he is ahead.
He is detached, thus at one with all.
Through selfless action, he attains fulfillment.

peejayd
"The Lord is good, and giveth strength in the day of trouble: and knoweth them that hope in him."
Nahum 1:7

"For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."
Psalms 100:5

Shakyamunison
Does it have to be from the bible?

Alliance
No...its favorite scripture.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
No...its favorite scripture.

Cool. big grin

Regret
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

I figured I'd post some non-Bible wink it needed to be opened up... Title should have been "quote your favorite passage from some religious text"

Alliance
scripture means all religious texts does it not?

Regret
scripture means all religious texts does it not?

Most people, when a Christian makes the statement, are unsure of whether or not it means "only Bible." JIA would probably disagree wink

peejayd

* here, i quoted the first post...

Ok, here's the deal. I think there is something to learn from everyone. I want to know what everyones favorite scriptural verses are. These can be from the Bible, Torah, Book of Mormon, Bagavad gita, Vedas, Koran, etc. Any writings considered sacred are allowed.

* pretty clear, ain't it? wink

Alliance
apparently not to some people...

peejayd
* so it seems...

Shakyamunison
The Lotus sutra

The Buddhas of future ages,
although they preach hundreds, thousands, millions
a countless number of doctrines,
in truth do so for the sake of the single vehicle.
The Buddhas, most honored of two-legged beings,
know that phenomena have no constantly fixed nature,
that the seed of Buddhahood sprout through causation,
and for this reason they preach the single vehicle.
But that these phenomena are part of an abiding Law,
that the characteristics of the world are constantly abiding--
this they have come to know in the place of practice
and as leaders and teachers they preach expedient means.

Chapter Two: Expedient Means

Since I attained Buddhahood
the number of kalpas that have passed
is an immeasurable hundreds, thousands, ten thousands,
millions, trillions, asamkhyas.
Constantly I have preached the Law, teaching, converting
countless millions of living beings,
causing them to enter the Buddha way,
all this for immeasurable kalpas.
In order to save living beings,
as an expedient means I appear to enter nirvana
but in truth I do not pass into extinction.
I am always here preaching the Law.
I am always here,

Chapter Sixteen: The Life Span of the Tathagata

Alliance
Its a bit long but:

1. Men are born and remain free and equal in rights. Social distinctions may be founded only upon the general good.

2. The aim of all political association is the preservation of the natural and imprescriptible rights of man. These rights are liberty, property, security, and resistance to oppression.

3. The principle of all sovereignty resides essentially in the nation. No body nor individual may exercise any authority which does not proceed directly from the nation.

4. Liberty consists in the freedom to do everything which injures no one else; hence the exercise of the natural rights of each man has no limits except those which assure to the other members of the society the enjoyment of the same rights. These limits can only be determined by law.

5. Law can only prohibit such actions as are hurtful to society. Nothing may be prevented which is not forbidden by law, and no one may be forced to do anything not provided for by law.

6. Law is the expression of the general will. Every citizen has a right to participate personally, or through his representative, in its foundation. It must be the same for all, whether it protects or punishes. All citizens, being equal in the eyes of the law, are equally eligible to all dignities and to all public positions and occupations, according to their abilities, and without distinction except that of their virtues and talents.

7. No person shall be accused, arrested, or imprisoned except in the cases and according to the forms prescribed by law. Any one soliciting, transmitting, executing, or causing to be executed, any arbitrary order, shall be punished. But any citizen summoned or arrested in virtue of the law shall submit without delay, as resistance constitutes an offense.

8. The law shall provide for such punishments only as are strictly and obviously necessary, and no one shall suffer punishment except it be legally inflicted in virtue of a law passed and promulgated before the commission of the offense.

9. As all persons are held innocent until they shall have been declared guilty, if arrest shall be deemed indispensable, all harshness not essential to the securing of the prisoner's person shall be severely repressed by law.

10. No one shall be disquieted on account of his opinions, including his religious views, provided their manifestation does not disturb the public order established by law.

11. The free communication of ideas and opinions is one of the most precious of the rights of man. Every citizen may, accordingly, speak, write, and print with freedom, but shall be responsible for such abuses of this freedom as shall be defined by law.

12. The security of the rights of man and of the citizen requires public military forces. These forces are, therefore, established for the good of all and not for the personal advantage of those to whom they shall be intrusted.

13. A common contribution is essential for the maintenance of the public forces and for the cost of administration. This should be equitably distributed among all the citizens in proportion to their means.

14. All the citizens have a right to decide, either personally or by their representatives, as to the necessity of the public contribution; to grant this freely; to know to what uses it is put; and to fix the proportion, the mode of assessment and of collection and the duration of the taxes.

15. Society has the right to require of every public agent an account of his administration.

16. A society in which the observance of the law is not assured, nor the separation of powers defined, has no constitution at all.

17. Since property is an inviolable and sacred right, no one shall be deprived thereof except where public necessity, legally determined, shall clearly demand it, and then only on condition that the owner shall have been previously and equitably indemnified.

docb77
What's that from? Magna Carta?

Alliance
Declaration of the Rights of Man

26 August 1789.

Regret

debbiejo
God helps them who helps themselves

What we would call god would help you in what you imagine yourself to be.......If you imagine yourself in need, then you will only get that "Only need"........If you imagine god is saying to you "You can be what you imagine yourself to be", than god or what we call call would creatively create that for you.................We are part of THIS creative process.....you are what you think/imagine you are........simple.

Regret
This is my religions view on the attitude that education should take, as well as any other serious venture. I like it.

debbiejo
I am

Meaning I am coming,To be, becoming

In other words kind of like evolving....

docb77
Please post references along with the text of the scripture. How's someone supposed to read more if they like your scripture if you don't.

peejayd
"(For we walk by faith, not by sight) ;"
II Corinthians 5:7

Alliance
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

debbiejo
Please post references along with the text of the scripture. How's someone supposed to read more if they like your scripture if you don't. What...you don't know where god says say "I AM?"........

docb77
couple of places actually, but I don't know to which you are referring.

debbiejo

Soleran

Alliance
Originally posted by debbiejo
What...you don't know where god says say "I AM?"........

laughing

I apologize docb7, my #2 wes from the US Declaration of Independance.

docb77
Yeah, I recognized that one, and I definitely do consider it a sacred document, so it fits great on this thread.

peejayd

debbiejo
Nope..........because a god wouldn't need sexual organs.....There would be no purpose for it unless you feel god has sex up there and always takes a wizzzzzzzz.......So answer me this....What would god do with this sexual organ??

Alliance
but is god XX or XY? Thats where the real distinction comes in

peejayd
Nope..........because a god wouldn't need sexual organs.....There would be no purpose for it unless you feel god has sex up there and always takes a wizzzzzzzz.......So answer me this....What would god do with this sexual organ??

* calling God a "HE" does not mean God has sexual organs... you mix God and a human... God is far more different than a human... wink

* God is called "The Father" because all things, living or non-living, was made and created by him... Christ, His Son, calls Him "Father"... and the term "father" is masculine... wink

* ooops, sorry, i forgot you don't that Jesus is Christ or the Messiah... well, it's up to you... stick out tongue

peejayd
* oh, sorry for the double-post... i just found this new book about Jewish Sayings and it includes some of Albert Einstein's...

"Science without Religion is lame;
Religion without Science is blind."

* any reactions? wink

Alliance
Einstein was wrong? laughing I never realyl liked mayn of hsi religous positoins. But meh...its not the worst thing in the world.

Einstein also believed that religion was more etherial....not really a god, but more an sense of awe. This is often misninterpreted by many that dont' know the subtleties of what he meant. Which many people do becuase he is a pop-figure.

Im not trying to accuse here.

docb77
I was reading the Book of Mormon last night and found this,

Jacob 6:12

12 O be wise; what can I say more?

Short, simple, profound. The world could use more wisdom don't you think?

Alliance
Not if its short quotes that dont really mean anything...stick out tongue

Nellinator
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13

This passage brings me real peace.

Alfheim
This is from Havamal, The Words of Odin the High One.

If haply a fool should find for himself
wealth or a woman's love,
pride waxes in him but wisdom never
and onward he fares in his folly.

Dr. Zaius
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
Neither are your ways, my ways," declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."
"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth,
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
So shall my word be which goes forth from my mouth;
It shall not return to me empty,
Without achieving what I desire,
And accomplishing that for which I purposed it."

Isaiah 55:10-11.

Dr. Zaius
I was reading the Book of Mormon last night and found this,

Jacob 6:12

12 O be wise; what can I say more?

Short, simple, profound. The world could use more wisdom don't you think?

"And I set my mind to know wisdom and to know madness and folly; I realized that this also is striving after wind.
Because in much wisdom there is much grief, and increasing knowledge results in increasing pain."

Ecclesiastes 1:17-18.

docb77
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
"And I set my mind to know wisdom and to know madness and folly; I realized that this also is striving after wind.
Because in much wisdom there is much grief, and increasing knowledge results in increasing pain."

Ecclesiastes 1:17-18.

Quite a contrast when you compare that to the verses on wisdom in Proverbs, don't you think?

"11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it. "

Proverbs 8:11

So do the 2 together mean that wisdom and knowledge, while painful to obtain, are worth it in the end?

Dr. Zaius
Quite a contrast when you compare that to the verses on wisdom in Proverbs, don't you think?

"11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it. "

So do the 2 together mean that wisdom and knowledge, while painful to obtain, are worth it in the end?

Perhaps. Or maybe it means that everything, even human virtue, is tainted and fallen.

Regret
Perhaps. Or maybe it means that everything, even human virtue, is tainted and fallen.

Or perhaps it's just the value of the concept.

Wisdom is understanding how one should do things, knowledge is how things truly are. Neither aids one in actually accomplishing what one needs to accomplish.

Wisdom sees the error of ones ways, thus grief. Knowledge condemns one for the error of one's ways, thus pain.

All the same, they are more beneficial than physical possessions.

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by Regret
Or perhaps it's just the value of the concept.

Wisdom is understanding how one should do things, knowledge is how things truly are. Neither aids one in actually accomplishing what one needs to accomplish.

Wisdom sees the error of ones ways, thus grief. Knowledge condemns one for the error of one's ways, thus pain.

All the same, they are more beneficial than physical possessions.

Agreed.

Nellinator

Remember that the Bible clearly states that there is a difference between God's wisdom and the wisdom of the world. We must intermingle the two.
This leads to my favorite verse collection:
"My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding... then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:1-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding." Proverbs 4:7
This seems to say that attaining wisdom is worth it no matter how painful it is.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Proverbs 9:10

"If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you" Proverbs 9:12

When reading these it is important to understand what the fear of the Lord is:
"To fear the Lord is to hate evil" Proverbs 8:13

This makes Proverbs 9:10 read something like this:
" is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nellinator
Remember that the Bible clearly states that there is a difference between God's wisdom and the wisdom of the world. We must intermingle the two.
This leads to my favorite verse collection:
"My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding... then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:1-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding." Proverbs 4:7
This seems to say that attaining wisdom is worth it no matter how painful it is.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Proverbs 9:10

"If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you" Proverbs 9:12

When reading these it is important to understand what the fear of the Lord is:
"To fear the Lord is to hate evil" Proverbs 8:13

This makes Proverbs 9:10 read something like this:
" is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Just because the bible says something does not mean that it is true.

Dr. Zaius
Just because the bible says something does not mean that it is true.

That's true. But in a discussion centered around scriptural passages, what the scripture says is the most relevant issue at hand.

Shakyamunison
That's true. But in a discussion centered around scriptural passages, what the scripture says is the most relevant issue at hand.

This is not a discussion about scripture only. If you read back to the beginning you will see that many other documents have been quoted. Plus I was just giving Nellinator a bad time. I wanted to see what kind of response he would give. wink

Dr. Zaius
This is not a discussion about scripture only. If you read back to the beginning you will see that many other documents have been quoted. Plus I was just giving Nellinator a bad time. I wanted to see what kind of response he would give. wink

I'm with you.

Alliance
I always liked this passage...

Ni su'cuyi,
gar kyr'adyc.
Ni partayli,
gar darasuum.

I'm still alive,
but you are dead.
I remember you,
so you are eternal.

docb77
I always liked this passage...

Ni su'cuyi,
gar kyr'adyc.
Ni partayli,
gar darasuum.

I'm still alive,
but you are dead.
I remember you,
so you are eternal.

What's it from?

debbiejo
My fav.

Judge not or you'll be judged in like manner...

docb77
My fav.

Judge not or you'll be judged in like manner...

Matthew 7:1 Unless I'm mistaken.

Quiero Mota
The Gospel of John.

Imperial_Samura
The entry "Pray" from the Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce.

"Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled on behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy."

Ah, it makes me smile. It always does.

Nellinator
I was just giving Nellinator a bad time. I wanted to see what kind of response he would give.
What if I choose to snub you?

Alliance
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
The entry "Pray" from the Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce.

"Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled on behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy."

Ah, it makes me smile. It always does.

laughing

Shakyamunison

Nothing new. laughing

Imperial_Samura

Snub as in ignore, the lesser version of the dreaded blank, or snub as in relation to a nerve disrupting weapon (or taser) as some people call them. I don't know why, still, I don't think Shaky deserves to be tasered.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Snub as in ignore, the lesser version of the dreaded blank, or snub as in relation to a nerve disrupting weapon (or taser) as some people call them. I don't know why, still, I don't think Shaky deserves to be tasered.
Let's just say Shaky is lucky I don't have a taser.

Shakyamunison
Let's just say Shaky is lucky I don't have a taser.

Typical Christian. roll eyes (sarcastic) Someone gets in your face about religious ideas and you pull out a weapon. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Nellinator
Typical Christian. roll eyes (sarcastic) Someone gets in your face about religious ideas and you pull out a weapon. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing
THATS IT mad
Now you get the stretch table until you confess that Jesus is Lord and that you are horrible sinner that committed horrendously foul sins against the Pope of Rome, who though a man, is somehow better than you in God's eyes.

Shakyamunison
THATS IT mad
Now you get the stretch table until you confess that Jesus is Lord and that you are horrible sinner that committed horrendously foul sins against the Pope of Rome, who though a man, is somehow better than you in God's eyes.

laughing Stretch table? That sounds like it would be really good for my back. laughing

Nellinator
laughing Stretch table? That sounds like it would be really good for my back. laughing
Fine then, I will use ______ to mess up your _____. Then I will put you on a ______ and _______. Fill in the blanks with your imagination. It might be all that bad after all.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by peejayd
"(For we walk by faith, not by sight) ;"
II Corinthians 5:7

A Christian who likes Wrestling....hmmm...

It seems you enjoy things that are fake. yes

docb77
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
A Christian who likes Wrestling....hmmm...

It seems you enjoy things that are fake. yes

Bashing isn't really appropriate for this thread. The point was kind of to uplift anyone who cared to read the scriptures pointed out here, no matter where the scriptures came from.

debbiejo
He tasted and it was good

Imperial_Samura
Fine then, I will use ______ to mess up your _____. Then I will put you on a ______ and _______. Fill in the blanks with your imagination. It might be all that bad after all.

Hmmmm. "I will use pudding to mess up your glockenspiel. Then I will put you on a skateboard and push."

Artistic.

debbiejo
Actually the heretic Paul did say something of value.

"So as a mans thinks in his heart that is what he is." It doesn't matter what a persons says because the REAL person WILL COME OUT.

docb77
There's some good scriptures in the "Words of wisdom" thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/t423392.html . It seems that many people consider eastern religion to just be wise as opposed to being actual scripture.

marcu
A bowl of soup with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate. Proverbs 15:17

Love that! *smiles*

docb77
Originally posted by marcu
A bowl of soup with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate. Proverbs 15:17

Love that! *smiles*

??? I don't think I remember that proverb. confused

Alliance
laughing Its a new twist on an old favorite.

Storm
1 Corinthians 13: 1-13.

marcu
??? I don't think I remember that proverb. confused

Life Application study bible

New living translation. smile

docb77
just thought I'd bump this thread. We need more scripture! Both Christian and non-Christian!

Regret
Amos 3: 7
7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Nellinator
Mine still is Psalm 37:23-24
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: And He delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand."

Isaiah 53:5
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with his stripes we are healed."

Matthew 5:6-9
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure of heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

Regret
James 1: 5
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Adam_PoE

debbiejo
Better to sleep on the roof then with an angry woman......Yeah, there's real truth in that one...angel_not

Shakyamunison
Better to sleep on the roof then with an angry woman......Yeah, there's real truth in that one...angel_not

When was the last time you sleep with an angry woman? confused laughing

debbiejo
I don't.......I read the bible........ roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
I don't.......I read the bible........ roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well, there is your problem. roll eyes (sarcastic)

siriuswriter
Judges 19:22-30 by Adam_PoE

Oh dear, one of the least shining moments of the bible, I'm afraid... *laughs*

However, I do like how all the translations can get things screwed up.

There's the "Sin On More" bible, misprint of "Sin no more..." I think that's my favorite. big grin

debbiejo
Isa.57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

1 Cor.1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and wil bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

confused

God is fickle

FeceMan

Looks like that Sodom and Gomorrah didn't get brimstoned to death...shame.

It seems, though, that Israel indeed became as bad as those two cities.

debbiejo
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, but when I became an adult I put away childish things

docb77
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, but when I became an adult I put away childish things

I thought you didn't like Paul Deb.

debbiejo
Hmmm just popped in my head... blink

Get it out, get it out!!

Alliance
Or...its a good comment but paul was just a hypocrite.

debbiejo
Actually I think it's a good scripture quite that some can learn from....I think Paul stole it.

FeceMan
You know, Proverbs says that, as a dog returns to its vomit, so will a fool return to his folly.

I'm wondering: how much proof of there is that on these forums?

Non-Christian: "TEH BIBLE SAYS THIS, THIS, AND THIS SO STFU H8 SPEACH"
Christian: "Well, not really because
Non-Christian: "TEH BIBLE SAYS THIS, THIS, AND THIS SO STFU H8 SPEACH"
FeceMan: *Bangs head against the wall.*

Of course, I'm cheating on how "fool" is used, but bear with me here.

Punkyhermy
"Read! By the name of Allah, who created man from a clot of blood."

Adam_PoE

Nellinator
What translation is that?

Alfheim
Or...its a good comment but paul was just a hypocrite.

Yeah his names not Mohammed.

Lord Urizen

Lord Urizen
"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD. "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die. I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD. "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship. I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear. For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars. They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too. So now I will destroy them! And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do. They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings." (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him. (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)

FeceMan

Yeah, that is a funny one. Damnable whores.

TRH
And These Things They Will Do Unto Because They No Not The Father Nor Me-John 16 3

Crash Plains Into Buildings.....NOW YOU IMBECILE!-Koran......somewhere

Help
Mark 3:29

Proof Jesus is not all forgiving.

willRules
The famous one;

John 3:16

debbiejo
"as a man thinks in his heart, so is that man."

Meaning you can't try to hide what you are inside, it comes out eventually.

lord xyz
6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Just plain beautiful.

Adam_PoE

Goddess Kali
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Goddess Kali

docb77
From The Tao Te Ching:

The river carves out the valley by flowing beneath it.
Thereby the river is the master of the valley.

In order to master people
One must speak as their servant;
In order to lead people
One must follow them.

So when the sage rises above the people,
They do not feel oppressed;
And when the sage stands before the people,
They do not feel hindered.

So the popularity of the sage does not fail,
He does not contend, and no one contends against him.

Tim Rout
Originally posted by {{QS}}

Proof Jesus is not all forgiving.

Of course Jesus isn't all forgiving. What ever made you think He was? The Bible says that those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. Christian scholars have frequently debate precisely what this means. Some have postulated that it involves attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to the devil, given Mark 3:30, but it is far more likely that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is more basic than that.

When a person receives Christ, he thus receives the Holy Spirit . If a person blasphemes the Holy Spirit in rejection of Christ -- whether this involves attributing His work to Satan or not -- then the person is left hopeless. Thus we might paraphrase Mark 3:28-29 something like this:

God will forgive any sin you commit, but if you blaspheme the Holy Spirit by refusing to receive God's Son as Lord and Savior, then you will never be forgiven.

Consequently, many evangelical scholars hold that the only sin God won't forgive is the sin of refusing His Son...and I agree with them.

As for my favorite Scripture, there are too many to list.

Shakyamunison
Luke 7:19 And John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?

I guess John is in hell.

chickenlover98
the book of norris

The Book of Norris 1:1

In the beginning there was just Norris. For many a millennia Chuck Norris was alone for he was everything. Then billions of years ago Chuck Norris decided to create space and everything in it. With a blink of his eye galaxies were created and planets popped into existence. It was then that Norris noted one galaxy in particular. On a whim Norris spoke to his creation and said, "I have found ye worthy of baring my image and on one of your planets I shall create a being of my creation."
With that Chuck Norris randomly selected one of the planets in the galaxy and began to mold it into a place where his creations could live and prosper. On the first day he terra-formed the landscape and added the forests and seas. On the second day he created all of the species that would be used by the people in his image. On the third he spent the full twenty-four creating a being in his image, for anything that was related to Norris had to be perfect. After the three days Chuck Norris stepped back and admired his work.
It was then that Chuck Norris stepped back and took a seat on the planet Mars to watch his creations and how they went about there life. Thousands of years passed, which to Norris seemed like two years. After watching his creations that he saw that they did not truly worship him. His creations had had the tenacity to worship different beings then him. It was then that Norris said, "This is heresy of the deepest order." and with that he grabbed a beer and headed towards earth.
When Norris reached Earth he searched for the perfect vessel that would give birth to his human form, for he could not simply descend onto the Earth for the mear sight of his god like form would cause a mortal to explode in a shimmering ball of fire. So with his mind set on finding a vessel for his new body Chuck Norris began to scour the world for the perfect female.

the beginning of Chuck Norris. Let he who worships him sing praise up to the almighty Chuck Norris.

the book of Norris 1:2

And so Chuck Norris scoured the world looking for the vessel that would give birth to his mortal form. It did not take long for Norris to find the perfect vessel for he was all all knowing and could look into the heart of his creations and determine who was worthy. The women he had chosen was a lady of beauty and intelligence, a sure sign that he ancestors had received and extra dosage godlyness from Chuck Norris when he created man.
Chuck Norris then visited this women in her dreams and said to her, "It is I, your one true god Chuck Norris. I have deemed you worthy of bearing my mortal body and through you I shall do awsome deeds." With that Chuck Norris touched her brow and allowed some of his mighty power to enter into her body. After allowing some of his power to enter her body Norris, so that she could handle his manliness, Chuck proceeded to make love to her for the next five days.

And so the Eternal Norris was born into the world of the humans.

when the time of birth arrived, guests had come to see baby Norris, for he was not to be born in a manger, but a palace filled with women who already had lost their virginity to him.

4 wise men arrived at the palace bearing gifts for the Almighty Norris. Sylvester stallone brought Baby Chuck his first gift, which was a razor. Baby chuck, with his already full beard grabbed it with his third fist and crushed it. Sylvester was later punished for trying to take away part of Chucks manliness. Bruce Lee offered up his martial arts knowledge to young Chuck. Chuck accepted and in 1 days time had learned everything that Bruce had to know. Arnold Schwartzinegger tryed to defeat Baby Chuck in combat and lost to his Mighty Roundhouse kick. he was forever banished to the state of California. the fourth and final wise man, Waldo, brought forth his gift. he layed it before Chuck and Chuck opened it. inside were 10 bombs. Chuck thinking quickly roundhouse kicked the box out of his castle.Chuck vowed to kill Waldo. Chuck Norris is the reason waldo is hiding. Everytime children find waldo he has to relocate

The Book of Norris 1:3

And so the childhood of Chuck Norris began in earnest as Norris set off to learn about his creations. Chuck Norris' early life went by fast as his body and mind grew at an exponential rate. By the time he was five he had a full grown body with a beard that could obliterate men with a touch and was impossible to destroy. Being the all knowing being that he was Chuck Norris quickly breezed through school and graduated at thirty-five different colleges at the same time. How this was accomplished was never known and no one dares to ask Norris about it for fear of angering the almighty Norris with questions.

It was at the age of six that Norris met a man by the name of Mr. T. Norris was at a local bar downing keg after keg of beer to slake his thirst when he felt a tingling in the back of his skull. Knowing that only someone who he had remotely graced with a small amount of his godlike power could cause a tingling in his skull Chuck Norris began to search for the person who had caused this sensation. It did not take long for Norris to find the man who had peaked his interest. Standing before Chuck Norris was none other than the great Mr. T.

As both men laid eyes on each other they knew that a battle for domination would ensue. In the blink of an eye both beings of power charged at each other. Chuck Norris made the first move as he threw a round house kick to Mr. T's face. Mr. T, who's ancestors had power bestowed upon them by Chuck Norris himself, was able to block the kick with his forearm and not have it crushed to pieces by the power of the kick. Mr. T retaliated by throwing a powerful punch to Chuck Norris' face. Norris easily deflected the punch off his beard and sent another roundhouse kick towards Mr. T's legs. The kick connected and Mr. T was forced to his knees by the power of the blow.

For hours the battle continued on like this as Chuck Norris could never gain a solid up hand in the battle. Had Chuck Norris been in his godlike form he could have won in meer seconds, unfortunately his mortal body was limited in the power it could stand and there was only so much awsomeness within its blood. It was then that Chuck Norris was able to land a powerful roundhouse kick to Mr. T's chest. This allowed Norris to place a foot on Mr. T's chest and declare victory. It was then that Chuck Norris asked for the name of the person with whom he had fought. In a terse reply Mr. T said, "I'm Mr. T fooool!" With that Norris bent down and clasped Mr. T's hand in his own and said, "You are a worthy adversary Mr. T. Become my right hand man and we shall become famous and powerful beyond all reckoning."

It was as if Chuck Norris' voice had turned on a switch in Mr. T's brain, for he knew he was in the presence of his creator. It was with this new knowledge that Mr. T accepted Norris' offer and they went to go grab a drink to seal their friendship. Unfortunately every bar they walked into exploded out of the sheer impossibility of holding all that awsomness in one room.

chickenlover98
The Book of Norris 1:4

And so the life of Chuck Norris and Mr. T began in ernest as they set off to find a way to rise to fame in the world. They long winding journey began in the land of Hollywood. Hollywood was the land famous actors and Norris knew that once you became a famous actor you could truly gain power. So Chuck Norris and Mr. T set off for California. It was easy enough for them to get two tickets, first class to California, as all Chuck Norris had to do was wink at the receptionist behind the check-in booth and add a little of his god-like power to his smile, for no women born could stand up to Chuck Norris' charm. The smile promptly led to the woman falling madly in love with Chuck Norris and ninth months later Chuck Norris was the father of two twin boys who already had full grown beards. But anyway, back to the story of Chuck Norris.

The first thing Chuck Norris and Mr. T did was to find accommodation's. Both Chuck Norris and Mr. T checked into the nearest hotel they could find. It was then that the receptionist behind the desk made a fatal error. He had checked them in and then had told them that it would be one thousand dollars for a week. It was unto him that Mr. T vent his fury as he reached over the desk and smacked him. "Fool!!! Do you know who this is? This is Chuck Norris the one and only. How dare you tell your maker that he has to pay to stay in what he created!" All the while Mr. T had continued to pimp smack the receptionist and the man had curled up into a ball on the floor.

It was then that Norris stopped Mr. T from killing the receptionist. "Do not kill him my son for he does not know with whom he speaks. Let this be a lesson to him so that he may learn and remember to never do such a deed again." It was then that Chuck Norris leaned down and whispered into the ear of the receptionist. "Be warned though, If thoust do this deed again to me I will roundhouse kick you so hard your atoms will be obliterated." It was with that that Chuck Norris and Mr. T headed for their room, which was the grand suite at the top of the building, for where Chuck Norris goes he gets the best of the best.

With that Chuck Norris and Mr. T settled into their room. It was then that they decided to order room service to bring up some dinner. It did not take long for their dinner to arrive as the rest of the hotel service had heard what happened to receptionist. When Mr. T heard the knock on the door he was famished. "Bout damn time our lobster got here I'm famished!!!" With that Mr. T opened up the door and took the platters from the shaking delivery boy. It was then that Mr. T learned that the hotel staff had made a grave mistake. They had made them crab instead of Lobster. With that Mr. T grabbed the person who had delivered the meal and put him into a headlock. "What does this look like to you FOOL? Is that lobster? I don't think so. When I tell you people to make lobster I expect lobster. None messes with Mr. T." With that Mr. T threw the person who had delivered the food outside the room along with crab. The room service delivery person could only shake in fear and nod as as he crawled away from the wrath of Mr. T. Unfortunately for him one does not escape the wrath of Mr. T that easily. Mr. T then started to lay the smack down on the poor delivery person. Pimp smack after pimp smack rained down upon the poor mans head as Mr. T taught him never to never fail to bring what Chuck Norris and Mr. T asked of him. Mr. T, pleased with the smackdown he had placed upon the person, then headed back into the room where he waited for them to bring up what he and Chuck Norris had demanded for.

Shakyamunison
chickenlover98 It doesn't count if you wrote it yourself. roll eyes (sarcastic)

chickenlover98
chickenlover98 It doesn't count if you wrote it yourself. roll eyes (sarcastic) i editted it, spadoinkle wrote it all

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by chickenlover98
i editted it, spadoinkle wrote it all

ALright then. wink

WrathfulDwarf
Ezekiel 25:17 read it sometimes...

Oh, and I'm not a bible quoter so I can get away with it..hehehe...

AngryManatee
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/4/40/BIBLE-Genocide_Mondays.jpg rolling on floor laughing

Shakyamunison
^ A loving god?

Deja~vu
Lot liked it a lot

Adam_PoE

SpearofDestiny
Wow...that sounds a lot like Muhammed

ushomefree
Debbiejo-

I have said this in the past, and I'll say it again: "Read your Bible and actually study it!" Many people, including yourself, treat the Bible as "guilty until proven innocent." It should be the other way around; but anyway.

Isaiah 45:7 reads: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Problem: According to this verse, God "creates good and evil" (Jer. 18:11; Lam. 3:38, and Amos 3:6). But many other Scriptures inform us that God is not evil (1 John 1:5), cannot even look approvingly on evil (Hab. 1:13), and cannot even be tempted by evil (James 1:13).

Solution: The Bible is clear that God is morally perfect (Deut. 32:4; Matt. 5:48), and it is impossible for Him to sin (Heb. 6:18). At the same time, His absolute justice demands that He punish sin. This judgement takes both temporal and eternal form (Matt. 25:41; Rev. 20:11-15). In it temporal form, the execution of God's justice is sometimes called "evil" because it seems to be evil to those undergoing it (Heb. 12:11). However, the Hebrew word for evil (ra) used here does not always mean moral evil. Indeed, the context indicates that it should be translated, as the NKJV and other modern translations do, as "calamity." Thus, God is properly said to be the author of "evil" in this sense, but not in the moral sense--at least not directly.

Further, there is an indirect sense in which God is the author of moral evil. God created moral beings with free choice, and free choice is the origin of moral evil in the universe. So, ultimately God is responsible for moral evil. God made evil "possible" by creating free creatures, but free creatures made evil "actual." Of course, the possibility of evil (i.e., free choice) is itself a good thing. So, God created only good things, one of which was the power of free choice, and moral creatures produced the evil. However, God is the author of a moral universe and in this indirect and ultimate sense is the author of the possibility of evil. Of course, God only "permitted" evil, but does not "promote" it, and He will ultimately "produce" and greater good through it (Gen. 50:20; Rev. 21-22).

The relation of God and evil can be summarized this way:

GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF EVIL

In the sense of sin
Moral evil
Perversity
Directly
Actuality of evil

GOD IS THE AUTHOR OF EVIL

In the sense of calamity
Non-moral evil
Plagues
Indirectly