World of Warcraft Warlock vs Warrior Duel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burning thought
This is a duel between a Warlock and a Warrior from WoW, both are lvl 60 all with full tier 2 gear (Nemesis for Warlock, Wrath for Warrior), warrior wields hand of Sulfurus while Warlock has the Staff of the Shadowflame, about +500 extra damage for the Warlock from all his +damage gear and charms, Warrior has about 6-7k life

Try the site Allakazam if you want to check out the items and gear they have to measure them up

Both people playing the characters are Masters of their Class, so their skill is about the same on their chosen character

my bets are on the Warlock thanks to Fear

SaTsuJiN
warlock... first move will probably be fear > seduce > dot > dot > dot > immolate > conflagrate > fear > shadowbolt for 3k crit > pwned.. maybe a deathcoil in there somewhere if one of the fears gets resisted

Burning thought
yeah i use a Warlock, i deathcoil first because warriors often charge so i get them away from me, then i fear while he is under the fear effect of deathcoil and then carry on Dotting, fearing and Shadow bolting smokin'

the only thing i hate is when the warriors use their fury sort of attack and then their immune to fear and deal like 2k hits maybe more and then i die sad

SaTsuJiN
berserk stance does that right?... lol you pimped out both characers... so if he did get to hit the warlock it'd hurt like hell

DarkC
Originally posted by Burning thought
This is a duel between a Warlock and a Warrior from WoW, both are lvl 60 all with full tier 2 gear (Nemesis for Warlock, Wrath for Warrior), warrior wields hand of Sulfurus while Warlock has the Staff of the Shadowflame, about +500 extra damage for the Warlock from all his +damage gear and charms, Warrior has about 6-7k life

Try the site Allakazam if you want to check out the items and gear they have to measure them up

Both people playing the characters are Masters of their Class, so their skill is about the same on their chosen character

my bets are on the Warlock thanks to Fear
It depends on if warrior gets charge in first and more importantly, what pet the warlock's using.

I dueled my friend with my warrior; I beat him when I got charge in first and he was using his Succubis; I feared the succubis, pummeled him when he tried to fear, and I won.

He won the next duel fearing me and using his voidwalker.

SaTsuJiN
the deathcoil tactic seems to prevent the charge from happening lol.. unless you lag or something o_O

Burning thought
nobody gets a good charge on me usually, i just DC so fast then fear them, then once that first fear has been fired off ime in control of the situation, thanks to the Succ i defeated a guy who was wearing almost all of the Epic tier 2 warrior set and he had nearly all epic items and all i had was blues big grin , and about 30+ damage so i think Warlocks must be a bit too strong in WoW. Especially Demonology, that rulz with Soul Link stick out tongue

MadMel
warlock..ive never played WOW..but i know that stats...weapons and stuff. warlok uses fear, immolate, shadow bolt and voidwalker..and he'll pwn warrior..evil face...also, some racial abilities might help..im not sure how well tho laughing out loud

BackFire
Warlock.

The Highlord
dots sucks, they break the fear way to often, a lock in Nemesis shouldint have to relie on dots but rather good shadowbolts, but my money is on the warrior, simply cause i've been with and seen it happen a few times hoiw much havok a good arms/fury warrior can do, this one time me and a warrior on my server, simply turned a loosing av game into a winning one, its very much likely that couldint have happened hadint it been for us, and it was very much cause this warrior was so good

The Highlord
clothies die within a few secs when he gets close

BackFire
A good warlock won't let him get close. Fear + Deathcoil + Succubus = bye bye warrior.

The Highlord
also its not really fair with that gear, since the warrior set items from bwl are made for tanking, now there are some very sweet plate random items from bwl that could benefit the warrior more for pvp, I've seen the warrior I used to play with tear up locks tons of times, its not impossible for a warrior to nail them, and besdies in real pvp warlocks are not always prepared to do the fear + deathcoil and succub, so on a average day in say AB or Alterac I'd say the warrior gets the better of the lock

Burning thought
i dont think warriors have much chance if the Warlock can do 3k crits, also i think its improved shadowbolt gives an extra 10 or 20% dmg if you crit for all shadowspells, imagine a warrior running around from Fear with Curse of Shadow on him, thats an extra 30% dmg from a normal shadowbolt. i think only a Ruin class warlock can hit 3k crits adn thats when he has the best gear, only way a Demonology Lock can hit as high is if he saccs his Succubus for the 15% extra dmg she gives to shadow, but cmon, thats well over 1.5k dmg every hit, 4 hits roughly and most Warriors are dead Happy Dance

Doesnt take long to cast a shadowbolt either and if a Warlock keeps his fear up and Seduces he can take the Warrior down no problem, Ofc is it messes up and the Warrior Resists a fear or two, and some Shadowbolts are resisted or perhaps lag and then the warrior would only need a couple of hits on the Lock sad , Ofc demonology locks have Soul link which is extremely good protection, simply use a Voidwalker to get the 10% off all dmg, thats 40% off the warriors attacks included with soul link, then the lock can simply Sacc his void walker for the Shield it gives then summon another one or a Succubus instantly big grin

Also even in BG a Void Walker can be summoned and Sacrificed, also most of the time if you die it comes back with you even i you sacrificed it so no need to worry about shards, ive seen most classes piss themselves when i put up my void shield and blast them with shadowbolts and curse everyone before i die smokin'

sry for the massive post but i had to defend Warlocks, Warriors are dum assed sword swingers, no offence to dum assed sword swingers ofc smile

The Highlord
agree many are dumb, this is what I felt in my WoW days, I could meet up with warriors that couldint do shit, i could take them down without loosing 20-30% of my health and not use 1 heal, then again I would meet some of the more exspriaianced once and i had to heal 1 or 2 times and sometimes even buble up to win, so its def a hard calss t play and thats why its considerd a dumb class by many, but put a good player with a well geard warrior and i bet ya he has a chacne agsint all classes in the game

SaTsuJiN
o_O.. DoT's break fear?.. since when?... I ran around for a full 20 seconds while I had immolate (which went into conflagrate), shadow word : pain , curse of agony , disease , serpent sting , viper bite (that hunter shot that drains mana) , hamstring and rend, while I was getting mana burned.. needless to say I died before fear wore off

Burning thought
yes i think theres a chance that they break fear, only a small chance, many times my fear has been broken by my succubus attacking or a Dot so yes they do, still regardless it they arnt needed to kill a warrior, they just need the old Fear, Seduce and shadowbolt technique and with the Curse of Shadow on them they will be taking huge damage from a Warlock with that much damage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.