Mr. Fantastic vs Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
No prep. Who wins?

samishe
Mmmm... hard to say. I'm not sure what could Venom do to Mr. F.
Possibly damage his brains through nosedrills.

badabing
Originally posted by samishe
I'm with you on this one. I looked at this thread 3 times and couldn't come up with anything.

blind faith
I'm going with Venom my man. Don't get me wrong it'd be close but Venom could take him out, he could just web up Reed's arms and legs since Venom's web is a bit more durable and stronger than Spidey's. Venom wins 7/10 or 6/10.

Thunderstrike
I really don't see how either could win this one. Stalemate.

samishe
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
I really don't see how either could win this one. Stalemate.

I believe Venom could use his tendrils to kill Fantastic. And Fantastic with his super(jewing gum)powers couldn't do anything to Venom.

batdude123
^ laughing

Scoobless
Reed would beat Venom.... he just would .... yes

Reed has so much experience with his own powers, he knows all about Venom (in fact it was Reed who discovered Spidey's costume was alive in the first place and developed weapons to subdue it) he knows all of Venom's weaknesses and there's no doubt that within a city environment he could find a way to exploit those weaknesses

Brains over brawn here people

samishe
Originally posted by Scoobless
Reed would beat Venom.... he just would .... yes

Reed has so much experience with his own powers, he knows all about Venom (in fact it was Reed who discovered Spidey's costume was alive in the first place and developed weapons to subdue it) he knows all of Venom's weaknesses and there's no doubt that within a city environment he could find a way to exploit those weaknesses

Brains over brawn here people

I doubt he could find anything in the city that would help him to beat Venom. If it were a prep match then ofcourse he would've won. But no prep...

Tshern
Maybe Venom could somehow suffocate him after a hard struggle?

Scoobless
I doubt he could find anything in the city that would help him to beat Venom. If it were a prep match then ofcourse he would've won. But no prep...

Reed doesn't really need prep to handle Venom.... he can come up with a plan on the fly, Fire (or heat) isn't difficult to come by in a city

Originally posted by Tshern
Maybe Venom could somehow suffocate him after a hard struggle?

Reed can extend much, much farther than Venom can... there's no way he'll get suffocated

Hell.... Reed is more likely to be able to completely contain Venom than vice versa

samishe
Originally posted by Scoobless
Reed doesn't really need prep to handle Venom.... he can come up with a plan on the fly, Fire (or heat) isn't difficult to come by in a city

Heat doesn't really hurt Venom a lot. Reed would have to make a real huge explosion to hurt him, but Reed wont, because it is not like him.

Mindship
Reed has been able to give Ben--someone who knows what Stretcho is capable of--a good fight. Reed: 6/10, barely.

samishe
Originally posted by Mindship
Reed has been able to give Ben--someone who knows what Stretcho is capable of--a good fight. Reed: 6/10, barely.

Well, Grimm doesn't have tendrills to hurt Mr. F

Black Adam

he would have to be able to reach his head in the first place.

samishe
Originally posted by Black Adam
he would have to be able to reach his head in the first place.

Also true. But he's fast so i think he could.

Black Adam

TheKahn
Reed 8 or 9/10. Just about everything Venom can do, Reed can do better. He can also use the tendril attack method against Venom, and I believe he has a greater range. Reed can even turn his body into an almost liquid state making it very difficult for venom to grab or web him. And would be extremely difficult if not impossible for Venom to cut him. Add in Thing-level strength and the intelligence advantage and I just don't see how Venom can beat him.

Black Adam
Also true. But he's fast so i think he could.

I think reed can stretch faster.....

samishe

spideycarnage
bump

inamilist
Venom has a good chance imo, a good bite on stretcho might do some damage

but, for the most part, reed takes it after one hell of a long fight 6-7/10

Wynndar
Err bite him>? are u serious? Like it was previously mentioned...Reed has been cut by the Brood Queen only, and that was a specially evolved Brood from another dimension i think...and it was never explained why. He cant be cut by Wolverine's claws...not even by Terrax's axe which can sheer an electron from its atomic orbit. And Venom is sposed to bite him?

no part of Reed's body is going to be harmed from penetration...thats silly, even if Venom attempted to use his tendrils to reach his brain, how would they harm his brain which is just as durable and flexible as the rest of him?

Reed increased his strngth and size to "Thing like proportions" and went toe to toe with Onslaught just so u know, so its not exactly a punk move.

A bloodlusting Reed can send spikes and blades made from his body into Venom just as well, but Venom has no flexibility powers as far as I know.

And someone said Reed wouldnt have enough resources in a city environment to find a way to hurt Venom...Reed beat Terminus in 3 pages by himself by pulling some spare parts off the fantasticar. Terminus is on Galactus' level in terms of destructive power and he almost beat the JLA.

Thats why I think Reed would win this

samishe
Originally posted by Wynndar
Err bite him>? are u serious? Like it was previously mentioned...Reed has been cut by the Brood Queen only, and that was a specially evolved Brood from another dimension i think...and it was never explained why. He cant be cut by Wolverine's claws...not even by Terrax's axe which can sheer an electron from its atomic orbit. And Venom is sposed to bite him?
But you're right bite wont work.
no part of Reed's body is going to be harmed from penetration...thats silly, even if Venom attempted to use his tendrils to reach his brain, how would they harm his brain which is just as durable and flexible as the rest of him?

Reed increased his strngth and size to "Thing like proportions" and went toe to toe with Onslaught just so u know, so its not exactly a punk move.

A bloodlusting Reed can send spikes and blades made from his body into Venom just as well, but Venom has no flexibility powers as far as I know.

And someone said Reed wouldnt have enough resources in a city environment to find a way to hurt Venom...Reed beat Terminus in 3 pages by himself by pulling some spare parts off the fantasticar. Terminus is on Galactus' level in terms of destructive power and he almost beat the JLA.

Thats why I think Reed would win this

No Fantasticar in this thread.
Venom wouldn't has do physically damage his brains. When tendrills reach brains it's like a telepathy attack. It brings illusions and madness.

Wynndar
Um he doesnt need the fantasticar, I was just pointing out how resourceful he is. Still, the thought of Venom getting his tendrils on someone who cant stretch 180 in an instant is silly.

samishe
Um he doesnt need the fantasticar, I was just pointing out how resourceful he is. Still, the thought of Venom getting his tendrils on someone who cant stretch 180 in an instant is silly.

Why not? His tendrills move VERY fast for Mr. F to react. Venom once cought a bullet with it.

Wynndar
*Raises eyebrow* Hmm so Venom overpowered a bullet eh? Doesnt matter Reed is much more versatile than u give him credit for. The tendrils dont matter, Reed frequently changes his shape where he has no discernable head let alone orafaces. Yet Reed can easily get ahold of Venom.

samishe
*Raises eyebrow* Hmm so Venom overpowered a bullet eh? Doesnt matter Reed is much more versatile than u give him credit for. The tendrils dont matter, Reed frequently changes his shape where he has no discernable head let alone orafaces. Yet Reed can easily get ahold of Venom.

He had problems with catching spider-man, Venom is almost as fast.

willRules
I say reed wins 7/10

inamilist

wolvies claws depend on the writers, some have cut some haven't, but ya, he is super durable, i get that stick out tongue

lol, how do you bite sandman though?

ya, thats right

Bite>>>>>Physics

spideycarnage
Originally posted by inamilist

Bite>>>>>Physics

laughing laughing laughing

willRules
In enemy of the state wolverine was hyped up and still admitted he couldn't cut reed..................

inamilist
Originally posted by willRules
In enemy of the state wolverine was hyped up and still admitted he couldn't cut reed..................

i remember it being brought up in another thread

apparently he has done it "once" but im more than willing to call it PIS

Black Adam
No Fantasticar in this thread.
Venom wouldn't has do physically damage his brains. When tendrills reach brains it's like a telepathy attack. It brings illusions and madness.

"Mr. Fantastic also has a degree of immunity to psychic attacks; his mind is as pliable and resilient as his body. Mind control is rarely effective on him. When it does work, it wears off sooner than it would a normal person."

MuffinmanMike
I believe Venom could use his tendrils to kill Fantastic. And Fantastic with his super(jewing gum)powers couldn't do anything to Venom.

Except strangle, slam, throw, squeeze, hold, etc.

Reeds a lot more powerful than you think.

samishe
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
Except strangle, slam, throw, squeeze, hold, etc.

Reeds a lot more powerful than you think.

Strangle? Well may be...
slam? Mmmm... i doubt it would hurt Venom.
Throw? Where? I mean what for? It ain't helping him to win the fight.
Squeeze? Juggernaut couldn't do that, why Reed could?
Hold? Nah, ain't gonna work. He wont be able to catch him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.