Does God have a sense of Humor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Well does god have one....Look around, is he laughing or what?....And why can't god have a sense of humor anyway?

Mindship
big grin You know what Voltaire said....

Besides, he created us, didn't he? What other proof do you need?

Wesker
Sure he does. He gave the largest predator on the planet (T-Rex) vestigal forearms. That's hilarious.

soleran30
Devil's Advocate with Al Pacino said it bestsmile

Taste but don't eat, look but don't touch...............etc etc clearly god is sadistic and has a sense of humor I mean speaking from a christian/islamic point of view anywaysmile

debbiejo
I loved that Devil's Advocate with Al Pacino........I think god is laughing at how foolish we all are discussing a book called the bible, and taking it seriously and pointing fingers saying "To hell with you and you and you."

Besides whats this thing with biological functions of elimination.....What is that all about.

Shakyamunison
That's not funny! mad

And that is were the joke is. laughing

WrathfulDwarf
Of course God has a sense of humor....he created humanity. We're the biggest joke in the entire universe.

Black Rob
Humans want stuff but greed is a sin
Humans want sex but lust is a sin
Humans get pissed but anger is a sin

Yeah he has a sense of humor all right...

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Black Rob

thumb up

The Christian God is no different than Zeus.

Wesker
No, Zeus was a damn pimp.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Wesker
No, Zeus was a damn pimp.

Good point. If I was a God, I'd be Zeus

As far as their demands of humans--they have a lot in common. Zeus does have shorter temper though.

Wesker
Yeah.

"Omg... did you not sacrifice a bull to me this week? Bam! Eternity pushing rocks up icy hills!"

DiamondBullets
Yeah.

"Omg... did you not sacrifice a bull to me this week? Bam! Eternity pushing rocks up icy hills!"

A God saying "omg"?--"Oh myself!" laughing

Wesker
Yeah, that would cause a serious complex. I mean, if something goes bad, who does a God ***** to?

"Self-dammit.... not again!"

debbiejo
Yeah.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo

Yes, that is my life. eek!

debbiejo
No, no..........that's supposed to be hell............. laughing out loud

Darth Jello
the platypus

Tired Hiker
"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that God's got a sick sense of humor, and when I die, I expect to find him laughing."

-Depeche Mode

Tired Hiker
I'll elaborate on this . . . .

Depeche Mode - 'Blasphemous Rumors' Lyrics

Girl of sixteen, whole life ahead of her
Slashed her wrists, bored with life
Didn't succeed, thank the Lord
For small mercies
Fighting back the tears, mother reads the note again
Sixteen candles burn in her mind
She takes the blame, it's always the same
She goes down on her knees and prays

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find Him laughing

Girl of eighteen, fell in love with everything
Found new life in Jesus Christ
Hit by a car, ended up
On a life support machine

Summer's day, as she passed away
Birds were singing in the summer sky
Then came the rain, and once again
A tear fell from her mother's eye

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find Him laughing

Darth Jello
I just think that if you ignore facts, science, evolution, and human stanards of cuteness, likability, and the adorable factor, the the platypus, the echidna, and basically the entire order Monotremata seems like a joke.

Darth Jello
the other thing i'm saying is the sheer likability of these creatures proves that it is God's will that mammals lay eggs.
so ladies, if you don't successfully merge your vaginas, urethras, and anuses into one universal chloachea, you are going to HELL!!!

Dreampanther
And on the seventh day, God stood, looking around at His/Her Creation, smoking a big fat joint, and S/He started laughing so hard, S/He choked, collapsed, died and have never been heard from again.

redcaped
Humor is Ignorance...what we call funny could be also weird or unknown. God knows everything. When you joke is when you don't understand.

Wesker
Originally posted by redcaped
Humor is Ignorance...what we call funny could be also weird or unknown. God knows everything. When you joke is when you don't understand.

Proof that God has a sense of humor; you exist.

Rayvann

You again? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
He hasn't closed this thread, so he must have a sense of humor. laughing

debbiejo
Hey god can be kind of funny. He plays this joke on guys every month when with a women..................lol.............Every month.........guys just don't seen to understand gods little joke when they're getting things thrown at them............... laughing out loud stick out tongue

Darth Jello
Hey debbie, less joking and more growing a cloaca or you'll go to hell. remember, the platypus and echidna are our inspirations.

soleran30
Hey god can be kind of funny. He plays this joke on guys every month when with a women..................lol.............Every month.........guys just don't seen to understand gods little joke when they're getting things thrown at them............... laughing out loud stick out tongue

I think its in the scriptures Jesus or Moses or Satan I forget who but they said...............never trust an animal that can bleed for seven days and not die. laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by soleran30
I think its in the scriptures Jesus or Moses or Satan I forget who but they said...............never trust an animal that can bleed for seven days and not die. laughing I've never heard that scripture......But I don't think it was Satan.......He's not quoted much............... laughing laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Hey debbie, less joking and more growing a cloaca or you'll go to hell. remember, the platypus and echidna are our inspirations. I like the T-Rex with the short arms.........He certainly couldn't satisfy himself, no wonder they died...........of depression.

Wesker
Yeah, the dinosaurs died off because of sexual frustration.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Black Rob

I think you can add gluttony to that list.

debbiejo
Yeah, he made prehistoric women too................Doesn't that get ya hot??

DiamondBullets
Debbie.......that was just wrong...

Pandemoniac

I disagree. Finding humor or even irony in certain matters is often proof of a better insight and understanding, and not ignorance.
Unquestioning acceptance and unfounded fear are the indications of ignorance and the lack to see beyond.

Dreampanther
Once you accept that God is a woman everything makes more sense - mood swings, irrationality, chaos, panic and confusion... stick out tongue

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
I disagree. Finding humor or even irony in certain matters is often proof of a better insight and understanding, and not ignorance.
Unquestioning acceptance and unfounded fear are the indications of ignorance and the lack to see beyond.

Humor is the rebellion against logic.

debbiejo
Look at the method of procreation................ laughing out loud laughing out loud ........God sure had a good laugh at that one...........

dani_california
Wow, just try and imagine society without sex

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by dani_california
Wow, just try and imagine society without sex

Easy, no society. laughing

peejayd
Well does god have one....Look around, is he laughing or what?....And why can't god have a sense of humor anyway?

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked : for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
Galatians 6:7

Mindship
Proof that God has a sense of humor:
The human capacity to ignore facts, to argue in irrational circles, to do whatever it takes to save face and "always be right," no matter the obvious.
Eg, proponents of Intelligent Design. Ah, the irony.

KharmaDog
Does God have a sense of Humor?

That would explain Deano.

debbiejo
Originally posted by peejayd
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked : for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
Galatians 6:7 That could also apply to reincarnation.. wink

peejayd
"Do not deceive yourselves; no one makes a fool of God. You will reap exactly what you plant."
Good News Bible

office jesus
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Yeah, that would cause a serious complex. I mean, if something goes bad, who does a God ***** to?

"Self-dammit.... not again!"

Self-dammit. Lmfao.

ðµhµl gê†ñåh
yeah god does have a snes eof humor, just that its a little more perverted than most believe....

he takes things away w/o recognition
ex:
miscarriges
cheating lovers
deaths
cancer
other terminal illnesses

yeah thats some sense of humor to me.....

he is indeed selfish if he does exist:
taking whenever, where ever, how ever he feels fit

oh and not to mention how he tortures his loved ones. and drives them insane, terminal illnesses that slowly kill u and make u suffer

pretty kool guy/girl/entity if u ask me.....

debbiejo
Well, according to the Bible god, then yes........Whoah..

Mindship
"Self-dammit!"

laughing

debbiejo
Man, I'm depressed.......

Mindship
Man, I'm depressed.......

Possible solutions...

1. beer

2. hoover

3. partytime just from life (or some reasonable facsimile thereof)

4. pokey

5. Watch God on Comedy Central (check your local listings)

KingDubya
"Do not deceive yourselves; no one makes a fool of God. You will reap exactly what you plant."
Good News Bible
And that does not mean that God does not mock, or that God does not make a fool of someone. So that sense of humor is still possible, and probably likely.

debbiejo
Yeah Job............Jonah............Adam...........Yeah...humor!!

Lord Urizen
If he can let Hitler do what he did to all those people in the Holocaust....

....if he can allow Hurricane Katrina to run rampant and take away homes....

....allow AIDS to wipe people out by the millions......

....allow the Black Death to erase 2/3 of the European population......

......allow the Ku Klax Klan to done what they have done to blacks, jews, hispanics, women, and homosexuals........

.......have it so that animals must kill other animals to survive........

Either he thinks this is funny and allows this for his own entertainment OR he really doesn't care.

Alliance
God can have a sense of humor...just look at religion laughing

Lord Urizen
Religion is the funniest thing in the whole World.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.