Green Lantern Corps vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
One by one, they don't stand a chance, but united?

batdude123
If you're talking about the WHOLE entire Green Lantern Corps, all 7,200 of them, LED BY PARALLAX, then before Galactus could piss his pants in horror, he'd die awfully.

Thunderstrike
I thought Parallax is gone?

batdude123
^ Yes, but BlaqChaos hasn't said that this team wasn't led by Parallax yet. So until then, I'm just gonna assume it is. evil face

Thunderstrike
Okay then.
Led by Parallax - Galactus gets beaten
Without Parallax - Galactus eats them.

batdude123
^ I don't know about that. Alan Scott is still a beast and they have 7,200 members.

Thunderstrike
With his tech he may be able to absorb their energy. By himself at full power, his power is near Eternity's, considering they are siblings.

batdude123
Idk if were even talking about a fully powered Galactus and anyway, I doubt he could hold his own with 7,200 Green Lanterns when he has a problem with ONE Sentry.

Thunderstrike
We don't know how powerful Sentry is yet though. He himself may be powerful enough to take on GL's like nothing. Hyperion from Supreme power may be the same as well. Writers in Marvel nowadays are almost hell-bent on Galactus being powered down, when in reality he's so powerful it's ridiculous.

batdude123
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
We don't know how powerful Sentry is yet though. He himself may be powerful enough to take on GL's like nothing. Hyperion from Supreme power may be the same as well. Writers in Marvel nowadays are almost hell-bent on Galactus being powered down, when in reality he's so powerful it's ridiculous.

I know. roll eyes (sarcastic) But we still haven't heard from the thread maker if this is a fully-powered Galactus. Even if it was, I SERIOUSLY doubt that Galactus could stop ALL 7,200 members. The GL corps patrols the universe stopping evil and bringing balance to the universe. I doubt Galactus could beat them.

Thunderstrike
Well, it took the entire Shi'ar fleet, all of Earth's heroes, and part of the Kree fleet as well. Those numbers were well beyond the power of the GL corps, and they took Galactus. However, he was hungry as well. Now in comics, they have him getting beaten by a Sentinel from squad O.N.E with ease.

batdude123
^ Yes, but do you realize the unworldly power those rings hold? They'd beat Galactus 7/10 times.

the Darkone
Full Galactus can destroyed the universe 10x over with own powers, A full powered Galactus eats them and farts on the rest of the corp. A full powered Galactus =Eterntiy even stated by the man himself, a hungrey galactus is a different story they can defeat a hungrey galactus a normal or full powered not in this life time.

batdude123
I agree that a full-powered Galactus would kill all of them, but even a normal one would get his ass kicked.

Crease
Galactus could devour Ego and still wouldn't be able to defeat 7,200 guys with rings that can produce anything they wearer can imagine. None of his feats back such a claim.

Validus
All 7,200 together should be able to stop almost anything. That includes Galactus.

batdude123
^ That's what I think.

Crease
There was a recent thread pitting the Vishanti against the entire GL Corps. I chose The Vishanti ONLY because there are 3 of them, their power is magical in nature, and they are immortal. Galactus, while being stupid crazy powerful, has only cosmic might to rely on.

batdude123
Galactus would go down.

Validus
Originally posted by Crease
There was a recent thread pitting the Vishanti against the entire GL Corps. I chose The Vishanti ONLY because there are 3 of them, their power is magical in nature, and they are immortal. Galactus, while being stupid crazy powerful, has only cosmic might to rely on.
Yeah, the Vishanti would win because of the magic factor. Cosmic energy is just another day at the job for a GL. A hard day but still, they can take him.

Thunderstrike
Most of Oa, if they won, would be completely annihilated.

Tron
Originally posted by batdude123
^ Yes, but BlaqChaos hasn't said that this team wasn't led by Parallax yet. So until then, I'm just gonna assume it is. evil face

He never said they WERE led by Parallax (who was never a GLC member), so you're better off assuming different.wink

BlaqChaos
Okay, this is Galactus when he's fully powered. And no, Parallax is not leading the GLs. Galactus has come to devour OA, and the entire GL Corps has been summoned to stop him.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Okay, this is Galactus when he's fully powered. And no, Parallax is not leading the GLs. Galactus has come to devour OA, and the entire GL Corps has been summoned to stop him. This is Galactus at full power? The Corps go down en masse. They literally drop like flies. Big G at full power is a multi-universe buster on par with the likes of Eternity. I'm not sure it would even be a fight, Galactus might wade through the rain of GL attacks and constructs and simply devour the Battery.

Superherovandal
he's no multiversal threat but yeah he beats them but not without feeling a little something.

batdude123
Do the GL's have Ion on their team? Cause it would make a big difference.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by batdude123
Do the GL's have Ion on their team? Cause it would make a big difference. Last I checked, did Ion simply have access to the total sum of all GL powers. Hence, if he's there then all the other Lantern's don't have power.

bean_machine
True that

Crease
Originally posted by Acrosurge
This is Galactus at full power? The Corps go down en masse. They literally drop like flies. Big G at full power is a multi-universe buster on par with the likes of Eternity. I'm not sure it would even be a fight, Galactus might wade through the rain of GL attacks and constructs and simply devour the Battery.

Again, Galactus has no feats to back such a claim. The only time he ever faced something like this was when the FF, the Shiar, Kree and Aunt May all ganged up on him. He died. So, going by feats, Big G loses.

Woild it have been different had he not been weak? Possibly. I don't have any eveidence of it though.

Thunderstrike
In the Galactus: The Devourer limited series (1999-2000), Galactus was killed after a battle against the united forces of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Starjammers, the Shi'ar Empire and an armada of other united planets (including even a Kree starship). He died with an ominous warning that his death would allow a great evil to surface. After his death, Galactus' true form was revealed, that of a star.

From Wiki

Crease
I think 7,200 GL's mights even be more total power than that.

jrodslam
Also, when GL's are in unison next to each other, it amps up their powers. Willpowers combined of sorts. Pretty cool. And yea, without feats to back up 100% Galactus, he loses to the Corps.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by jrodslam
Also, when GL's are in unison next to each other, it amps up their powers. Willpowers combined of sorts. Pretty cool. And yea, without feats to back up 100% Galactus, he loses to the Corps. On the other hand, GL Corps "assembled" don't exactly have the greatest track record either, do they? Wasn't one human named Hal Jordan enough to kill off most of the Corps?

jrodslam
On the other hand, GL Corps "assembled" don't exactly have the greatest track record either, do they? Wasn't one human named Hal Jordan enough to kill off most of the Corps?

Putting rookies and idiots against the top GL ever? You have a guy with a ring, but yet decides to use a gun against Hal? Talk about lame-brained. It would be obvious that theyd lose. Plus noone can match Hal in willpower save for Guy and maybe Kyle. Regular Hal never killed Guy, John or Kyle to my knowledge. All who are above Kilowog imo.

The newer Corps look much more badass and powerful than some of the previous members. Plus now its double the amount.

Validus
On the other hand, GL Corps "assembled" don't exactly have the greatest track record either, do they? Wasn't one human named Hal Jordan enough to kill off most of the Corps?
No. A good deal of the Corps Hal killed were the result of him absorbing the power battery and their rings going dead while they were flying around in space.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.