Who was the Jedi Jango killed in the Genosis Arena?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fjord
Does anyone know who is the Jedi that Jango Fett killed in Genosis.

Ushgarak
Would you believe that that was meant to be a Jedi Council Member? How stupid is THAT!!? You think there would at least be a fight of it!

I beleive yerss or Rex could give you the actual name.

LanceWindu
I know the guy, but his name always escapes me.

He was one of the new council members.

jedi fernando
his name Coleman Trebor
and yes he was memeber of the jedi council

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/index.html

ToMacco
That was a pretty lame death.

yerssot
yup, fernando is right

who's so stupid to jump to Dooku if you know he's an ex-jedi? Jump with your activated sabre, do a quick slash and it's done...but NOOOOOOOO; mister dinosaur didn't want to do it that way!

finti
well it seemed like he caught Dooku of guard, didnt count on Jango who himself got a lame death

yerssot
nah, don't believe Dooku can be that uncarefull with a bunch of Jedi just beneath him

jedi fernando

Ushgarak
We know how quickly Jedi can draw their sabres. Dooku could have settled his hash easily if he could have been bothered.

But really, that was a COUNCIL member! Jango should have had to make some great effort, not just shoot at him!

yerssot
well, perhaps he didn't thought jango was a danger

Julie
guess he thought wrong then.... evil face

Ushgarak
Sod whether he though Jango was a danger, he had his sabre out! Lazy shots like that; he could have bounced them all day!

Julie
(sigh)...but then he wouldn't be dead...and we would have no stupid death to argue over

yerssot
let's say it was to show how good Jango was...

Ushgarak
But it didn't! He just stood there and fired at him! If Jango had done some brilliant manoeuvre to kill him then fine, but as it is your average battle droid was more imaginative!

yerssot
last time I want to help *sigh*

ok... than it shows that the Jedi can't use the force that well anymore...

Ushgarak
That doesn't work either because all the others were fine!

All it shows is that Mr. Trebor was uncharacteristically rubbish and should not have been allowed on the Council!

yerssot
well, perhaps that person is someone else, and not hte one from the council?

Ushgarak
I would love to think that.

I note the databank at sw.com says that Jango 'callously' shot him. Huh? I get the feeling they use the word 'callous' just because Jango is a bad guy, but it is hardly fair. It would have been callous if Jango had shot someone in the back while sleeping. Shooting someone who is armed with a deadly weapon, on the enemy side in a big battle, who is a direct threat to you... that ain't callous!

yerssot
*runs off to search the meaning of callous*

well, Jango wasn't attacked by him...

Ushgarak
But he WAS hostile, which was the important bit. It was a war!

yerssot
ok ok, the dude was utterly crap! again a flaw from GL...

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) If none of the Jedi died, then we'd be saying the story was unbelievable.....

Ushgarak
What has THAT got to do with anything. Julie? There is no complaint that he died; the complaint is the crappy nature of it. If Trebor had been surrounded by 100 droids, fine, but he was NOT, he was being shot at by ONE man and we all know how bloody hard it is to kill a Jedi one on one. It was THIS thjat was unbelievable, thank you very much.

Bespin Bart
So...who's Robert Coleman? You can tell that Trebor is named after Robert Coleman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.