Apocalypse vs Ghost Rider & Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
A pretty powerful mutant vs two cool characters

Apocalypse- http://spider-bob.com/villains/marvel/Apocalypse.htm

vs

Ghost Rider- http://spider-bob.com/heroes/marvel/GhostRiderVII.htm

&

Iron Man- http://spider-bob.com/heroes/marvel/IronManI.htm

Thunderstrike
GR could take him alone.

golem370
Sure he could

Thunderstrike
Penance stare turns him into a babbling moron.

B dot Rob
I was thinking the same thing.

golem370
Sure it would Apocalypse can make force fields & teleport

Thunderstrike
Those won't save him. No force field has ever fought GR's penance stare.

golem370
and what about teleportation

Thunderstrike
GR could follow him, unless Apoc is too scared of him. That chain of his is wicked.

golem370
Known Powers: Apocalypse is a mutant who possesses superhuman strength which he can augment by psionically drawing on outside energy sources. Apocalypse can alter the atomic structure of his body at will in order to change his form. He can even increase his size by taking on additional mass from a presumably extra-dimensional source. Through his ability to alter his form, Apocalypse can give himself virtually any superhuman physical power. Apocalypse's "costume" is actually part of his body, and he can psionically alter its appearance at will.

He can levitate himself telekinetically.

Apocalypse has an extraordinarily long life span that has already lasted thousands of years. He can survive for weeks without food or water and can rapidly recover from injuries that would prove fatal to normal human beings. In the future, however, his physical form will eventually grow too aged and enfeebled to contain his vast superhuman energies. Hence, he will transfer his consciousness and powers into a succession of host bodies, abandoning each one when it too grows too old to contain his power.

spideycarnage
i think a non jobbing apoc take this

guy222
Originally posted by golem370
A pretty powerful mutant vs two cool characters

Apocalypse- http://spider-bob.com/villains/marvel/Apocalypse.htm

vs

Ghost Rider- http://spider-bob.com/heroes/marvel/GhostRiderVII.htm

&

Iron Man- http://spider-bob.com/heroes/marvel/IronManI.htm

which gr

llagrok
Apocalypse at full power?

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok
Apocalypse at full power?

What's Apocalypse at full power?

TricksterPriest
IM is not a problem, it's GR who decides the match. If Apoc can take him out without getting PSed, he wins. If he gets hit with PS, he's screwed.

llagrok
Originally posted by batdude123
What's Apocalypse at full power?

Well, he has quite a lot of decent feats at full power.

Taking BB's scream without flinching, fighting the high evolutionary, beating Loki, beating Ikaris and so on.

batdude123
Well, he has quite a lot of decent feats at full power.

Taking BB's scream without flinching, fighting the high evolutionary, beating Loki, beating Ikaris and so on.

Those are called "high showings." He wasn't on a different power level, nor is he 'depowered' now. He doesn't have a full powered state.

Btw, Black Bolt whispered at him.

llagrok
Those are called "high showings." He wasn't on a different power level, nor is he 'depowered' now. He doesn't have a full powered state.

Btw, Black Bolt whispered at him.

Yeah, I meant whisper. My bad xD

He was on a different power level, he's been severely weakened in all of his other appearances. Hence why Angel managed to make him bleed. You know all this man.

batdude123
Yeah, I meant whisper. My bad xD

He was on a different power level, he's been severely weakened in all of his other appearances. Hence why Angel managed to make him bleed. You know all this man.

He hasn't been depowered, he just jobs a lot. Huge difference.

TricksterPriest

He has been depowered. When his original body was killed on the moon in X-Factor #68, he lost alot of his power. He's been using substitute bodies that couldn't handle his power ever since. That's why his power is lower. But yes, he does job alot. sad

llagrok

Are you serious?

In his last fight had he drained a shit load of his own blood in order to try and restore powers to all those mutants who lost theirs. What do you think it was Havok drank?

batdude123
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He has been depowered. When his original body was killed on the moon in X-Factor #68, he lost alot of his power.

laughing out loud @ the supposed "immortal."

Alright, I accept him being depowered nowadays, but he was still a jobber.

Symmetric Chaos

Well I think the fact that he's kept going after they killed him rather solidifies that.

TricksterPriest

Alright, I accept him being depowered nowadays, but he was still a jobber.

Yeah..... whistle There was some serious PIS/plot device in that story. Somehow, baby Nathan (Cable) and Jean Grey, combine their powers to boost Scott Summer's optic blasts to a level where he can kill Apoc in one shot. nono

Sym: I know. He's like Kenny on South Park. "Oh my god! They killed Apocalypse!" "You Bastards!" laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well I think the fact that he's kept going after they killed him rather solidifies that.

I guess Jason Todd, Superman, Mar-Vell, Doomsday, Hal Jordan, etc. are all immortal too, am I right? smile

It's called resurrection.

If you can be killed, no matter if you come back, you're not immortal.

batdude123
Yeah..... whistle There was some serious PIS/plot device in that story. Somehow, baby Nathan (Cable) and Jean Grey, combine their powers to boost Scott Summer's optic blasts to a level where he can kill Apoc in one shot. nono

Summers Family>>>>>>>>>>>>>Apocalypse

Symmetric Chaos
I guess Jason Todd, Superman, Mar-Vell, Doomsday, Hal Jordan, etc. are all immortal too, am I right? smile

It's called resurrection.

If you can be killed, no matter if you come back, you're not immortal.

I was under the impression that he was body jumping.

TricksterPriest
Summers Family>>>>>>>>>>>>>Apocalypse

durfist Hey, at one time, it was going to be En Sabah Nur Summers. stick out tongue

TricksterPriest

Correct. He started doing that after X-Factor 68. And for some reason in AoA, despite his body not dying on the moon........... thumb down

batdude123

How is that immortality?

Symmetric Chaos
How is that immortality?

It implies that they only succeeded in killing his body. His soul/mind/spirit never needed to be restored.

batdude123
It implies that they only succeeded in killing his body. His soul/mind/spirit never needed to be restored.

That's not immortality. Psychics can transfer their consciousness.

I guess Prof. Xavier from the X-Men movies is immortal as well. smile

llagrok

Apocalypse was never immortal. If he was, there wouldn't have been a need to do the whole rejuvenation chamber thing.

batdude123
Apocalypse was never immortal. If he was, there wouldn't have been a need to do the whole rejuvenation chamber thing.

I know that. However, there have been plenty of people who have claimed he was (like Symmetric Chaos right now, for example). That's why I lol'd.

Symmetric Chaos

He could be if he wanted to erm

batdude123
He could be if he wanted to erm

Transferring consciousness != immortality

Blight
Well if it means you never die then... uh... yeah.

Symmetric Chaos
Transferring consciousness != immortality

confused If you never die then you're immortal. It's really a simple concept.

batdude123
confused If you never die then you're immortal. It's really a simple concept.

Apocalypse isn't immortal though. smile

Symmetric Chaos

Meh, missed that.

Body jumping still can make one immortal though.

TricksterPriest

Body-jumping and having an eternal essence, is technical immortality.

batdude123
Meh, missed that.

Body jumping still can make one immortal though.

If you're body can die, then by definition, you're not immortal.

batdude123
Body-jumping and having an eternal essence, is technical immortality.

"Technical" immortality?

No it isn't, you fanboy.

Symmetric Chaos
If you're body can die, then by definition, you're not immortal.

Not really smile

Immortality in no way necessitates possessing a physical being.

batdude123
Not really smile

Immortality in no way necessitates possessing a physical being.

Ghosts (which, for all intents and purposes, telepathic astral projections of a person might as well be) are dead. I guess we're all immortal too because there's "life after death." erm Apocalypse can be destroyed, and his body can be KILLED. What does it mean when you can be killed? It means you're not immortal.

Apocalypse is NOT immortal. He has retarded aging, nothing more.

Symmetric Chaos
Ghosts (which, for all intents and purposes, telepathic astral projections of a person might as well be) are dead. I guess we're all immortal too because there's "life after death." erm Apocalypse can be destroyed, and his body can be KILLED. What does it mean when you can be killed? It means you're not immortal.

Apocalypse is NOT immortal. He has retarded aging, nothing more.

If your body is killed and then an infinite amount of time later you're still operating in the physical world because you've been jumping bodies would you say that's not immortality?

batdude123
If your body is killed and then an infinite amount of time later you're still operating in the physical world because you've been jumping bodies would you say that's not immortality?

No.

That's not the definition of "immortality."

llagrok
Ares has been defined as Immortal, yet he can die in battle.

batdude123
Ares has been defined as Immortal, yet he can die in battle.

You just said Apocalypse was never immortal, you hypocrite!

If you can "DIE" then you aren't immortal.

Symmetric Chaos
No.

That's not the definition of "immortality."

Really? Because RandomHouse, AmericanHeritage, WordNet and Wikipedia all disagree.

batdude123
Really? Because RandomHouse, AmericanHeritage, WordNet and Wikipedia all disagree.

They say immortality is the destruction of one's body, then the transference of one's consciousness into another person is immortality?

What Apocalypse does is a technicality that bears a resemblance to immortality, but it's not the same thing.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Apocalypse can't switch consciousness after his corporeal form dies. He has to make an effort to do that before dying. Therefore, he's NOT immortal.

Symmetric Chaos
They say immortality is the destruction of one's body, then the

They define it as perpetual existence be it in a physical or non physical form.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Apocalypse can't switch consciousness after his corporeal form dies. He has to make an effort to do that before dying. Therefore, he's NOT immortal.

OK that would make a difference.

llagrok
Batdude's lone battle against logic.

batdude123
They define it as perpetual existence be it in a physical or non physical form.

Then we're all immortals. ermm

OK that would make a difference.

Damn straight.

batdude123
Batdude's lone battle against logic.

Is this coming from the same person who said Apocalypse wasn't immortal either?

laughing out loud @ you

Symmetric Chaos
Then we're all immortals. ermm

Yup. Just not useful ones.

llagrok
Is this coming from the same person who said Apocalypse wasn't immortal either?

laughing out loud @ you

It's late, I have no idea what the hell I'm saying.

Apocalypse was somehow able to return after Cable killed his essence with the Psimitar, that's rather impressive.

guy222
Blaze(Angel of Vengeance) FTW
Kale/Ketch(Angel of Death) FTW

Placidity
Immortality (or eternal life) is the concept of living in physical or spiritual form for an infinite length of time, or in a state of timelessness.

Thats the general definition of Immortality.

Although there are certainly more classifications of Immortality.

Physical Immortality - Avoid death and maintain conscious thought

Biological Immortality - Biological immortality is an absence of aging (can be killed by other means)

Spiritual Immortality - Mostly a belief in the afterlife and such concepts associated with religion.

Bad Ash231
Apocalypse is about as immortal as any Eternal, god, etc...just to what degree exactly varies from writer to writer.

TricksterPriest
They say immortality is the destruction of one's body, then the transference of one's consciousness into another person is immortality?

What Apocalypse does is a technicality that bears a resemblance to immortality, but it's not the same thing.

He has done it after the destruction of his physical body. He tried to do it at the end of the 12 arc, but Cable aced him with the Psimitar.

Grok: I think that was due to HoM and not his spirit. Unless I'm wrong and his spirit came back ala animated Apoc. ermm

geshien
Apocalypse is probably very much aware of both his opponents abilities so it would be in his best interests to take out Ghost Rider first which, shouldn't be too hard so long has he avoids the PS.

scyven
Really there u guys think GR will win this...the egyptian Magician is a relative god and immortal, the pennance stare cant't be made 200 ft away while riding 200mph its gotta be up close and personal!

Apocalypse dominatessssssssss!!!!!! infact rider become a new horseman I think more appropriate.

Lord Feron
Everyone going hard for the win, I think the Team takes it.

StiltmanFTW
Nur

the ninjak
Poccy ftw!

That or Tony traps Poccy in a forcefield while GR walks up and Penance Stares the big lug.

scyven
As advanced as everyone thinks Tony's equip is Poc's 100x times more advanced...he has celestial tech, is smater and has had thousands of years to develop his tech...Apocalypse dominates

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.