Spam Thread Merge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badabing
Spam Thread Merge

capt it up
Originally posted by badabing
1) Nightcrawler is in the mountains of New York. He gets an 8 hour head start and can teleport 3 times. Who tracks him down first?

2) Both have 3 hours to trap a black bear.

3) All out brawl. First knockout wins.

Kraven has all of his physical enhancements and a large knife but no guns.
wolverine.

wolverine

wolverine

Thunderstrike
Neither get past part 1. Nightcrawler teleports their heads off, then uses the third one to go home.

badabing
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Neither get past part 1. Nightcrawler teleports their heads off, then uses the third one to go home.
They are not fighting Nightcrawler, just trying to track him. It's just a contest between Wolverine and Kraven.

capt it up
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
first off wolverine can sense with night crawler will teleport. second off he can't teleport wolverines head off.

Colossus-Big C
Who Can Break out of Immortal Hercules headlock using strength only

http://i49.tinypic.com/2q0ps2a.jpg

WonderMan
Namor Hydrated
Abomination
Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Adam Warlock
Solomon Grundy
Hank Henshaw
All Star Superman

amnesia
ass

The Nuul
Cap.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by The Nuul
Cap. Cap isnt there

The Nuul
Yes he is.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by The Nuul
Yes he is.

cap isnt here

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

WonderMan
Namor Hydrated
Abomination
Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Adam Warlock
Solomon Grundy
Hank Henshaw
All Star Superman

The Nuul
Who Can Break out of Immortal Hercules headlock using strength only

WonderMan
Namor Hydrated
Abomination
Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Adam Warlock
Solomon Grundy
Hank Henshaw
Captain America
All Star Superman

YES he is!

SuperiorTech
LOL

Mshinu
None of those gets out of Herc`s headlock once it is fully in place. Once you`re there, you`re phucked.
Well maybe Cyborg Supes given enough time.

Bouboumaster
Abomination (Probably)
Superman (Maybe)
Martian Manhunter (Maybe)
Silver Surfer (Maybe)
Gladiator (Probably)
All Star Superman (Easely)

Mindset
None of them can.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Honestly, Oeming's reasoning for that scene was asinine. Since Thor has Mjolnir and so on, Hercules should be slightly more skilled. Since when are comics about being fair? Hercules/Thor have had like 5 other previous fights and this skill advantage was never shown or hinted as far as I can recall. Hopefully it'll be ignored in future fights.

Time line wise, I think that was actually their second fight. There are ways to explain away that scene.

All that being said, not many people would be able to break out of that hold. Thor had just gone toe to toe with Hercules and being put in that position by someone as strong as Hercules would be no picnic.

Superman and Gladiator would have the best shot in my opinion. I just wish Thor had at least attempted to break out of that hold and not simply stand there.

Bentley
Herc is more skillfull than Thor, Thor is not the best at everything man!

(That's why Wonderman beats him on h2h biscuits)

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

I just wish Thor had at least attempted to break out of that hold and not simply stand there. he couldnt really move, he was being put to sleep, i doubt he could of break free seeing as he called down lighting to break free which hit him too

Rage.Of.Olympus
What? He was put in a hold. He would have passed out eventually. That doesn't mean he can't move. He didn't even attempt anything. It was just stupid.

There are much better ways to show that one opponent is more skilled than the other.

Originally posted by Bentley
Herc is more skillfull than Thor, Thor is not the best at everything man!

(That's why Wonderman beats him on h2h biscuits)

Whatever slight skill advantage Hercules has apparently doesn't make any difference unless he gets the chance to put Thor in a hold. Or something.

Thor's broken out of nearly the exact same hold created by Hercules by the way. Like I said, it was their second fight. Perhaps Thor went Karate Kid and did some training. With beings physically identical on average, any skill advantage should be evident. Whatever, I'm too tired to give a shit.

In your dreams. And MM's.

The Nuul
LOL @ Namor Hydrated.

marwash22
Wonder Woman. hmph

jalek moye
What? He was put in a hold. He would have passed out eventually. That doesn't mean he can't move. He didn't even attempt anything. It was just stupid.

There are much better ways to show that one opponent is more skilled than the other.

Whatever slight skill advantage Hercules has apparently doesn't make any difference unless he gets the chance to put Thor in a hold. Or something.

Thor's broken out of nearly the exact same hold created by Hercules by the way. Like I said, it was their second fight. Perhaps Thor went Karate Kid and did some training. With beings physically identical on average, any skill advantage should be evident. Whatever, I'm too tired to give a shit.

In your dreams. And MM's.

I would think Herc's skill advantage would be more evident in grappling only instead of all around fighting.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Honestly, Oeming's reasoning for that scene was asinine. Since Thor has Mjolnir and so on, Hercules should be slightly more skilled. Since when are comics about being fair? Hercules/Thor have had like 5 other previous fights and this skill advantage was never shown or hinted as far as I can recall. Hopefully it'll be ignored in future fights.

Time line wise, I think that was actually their second fight. There are ways to explain away that scene.

All that being said, not many people would be able to break out of that hold. Thor had just gone toe to toe with Hercules and being put in that position by someone as strong as Hercules would be no picnic.

Superman and Gladiator would have the best shot in my opinion. I just wish Thor had at least attempted to break out of that hold and not simply stand there.

It seems any brick who can apply a choke hold can KO Thor with EASE. BWAHHAHAHAA

Sr J-Bieb
Theoretically, no one. Even though Jerk didn't have the hooks in.

But in comics (Thor can't do it obviously), Surfer can.

Colossus-Big C
bump

Colossus-Big C
who wins here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-Beast

Colossus-Big C
Boxing match

quanchi112
Adam wins.

CosmicComet
Thor's boxing is meh.

Maybe if he spent more time throwing hands than waving stupid ol Mjolnir around, he'd be a better CQ fighter.

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/98330/1762053-322507497_acbded9ff7_o_super.jpg

VS

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/98330/1762055-copthanos9yk_super.jpg

JakeTheBank
NYPD > All

Existere
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=465233

Been done... ironically with the near exactly the same images and format.

kgkg
Originally posted by Existere

Been done. O snap laughing out loud

dmills
Eternal stalemate. There's very little difference between the NYPD and thugs.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by dmills
Eternal stalemate. There's very little difference between the NYPD and thugs. I see what you did tehre.

psycho gundam

Been done... ironically with the near exactly the same images and format. colossus'big"C" upgraded from stealing sigs to entire threads

Lord Feron
Hah i like how DS got smacked with a chain hehehe.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by psycho gundam
colossus'big"C" upgraded from stealing sigs to entire threads Soon he does the Doomsday and steals posts from others to argue with us.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Soon he does the Doomsday and steals posts from others to argue with us.
laughing

Existere
What kind of thugs use the word "sociology" mid-mug?

Clearly they're a step above the average mugger.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Soon he does the Doomsday and steals posts from others to argue with us. *charges celestial muzzle*

Omega Vision
What kind of thugs use the word "sociology" mid-mug?

Clearly they're a step above the average mugger.
They're out of work college professors.

Apparently there's a lot of those nowadays.

psycho gundam
the thugs beat darkseid on-panel, that's a hell of a lot more embarrassing then getting politely walked into a police cruiser

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the thugs beat darkseid on-panel, that's a hell of a lot more embarrassing then getting politely walked into a police cruiser
Yeah, its what happened to Thanos in the Precinct holding cell after that that's the humiliating part.

psycho gundam
yeah man, he did that whole "head up the other guy's ass thing" hancock style just because someone looked at him funny

poor guys

Parmaniac
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2355/643180-untitled_super.jpg

Maybe Squirrel Girl just found Thanos after he got raped, it would also explain why the Watcher was around to "wittness".

Hyperion Prime

Been done... ironically with the near exactly the same images and format.

Creepy confused If the police are playing by the rules the thugs win, but if they are dirty cops the cops win.

Supermutant
Thanos Copter lol
http://www.the-isb.com/images/SSS-ThanosCopterBig.jpg

Zack Fair
ROFL

Parmaniac
wet grass is Thanos' kryptonite.

Colossus-Big C

carver9
Sabertooth
2nd... Venom (eddie brock)
3rd... Joker

Endless Mike
Kid Miracleman

rotiart
Carnage/Cletus kassidy

Colossus-Big C
Who wins

Omega Vision
DC Earth.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
DC Earth.

Omega Vision
How well the Hypes fare depends on their goals. If they want to destroy DC Earth then they can might be able to wipe out 99% of the Supers in a blitz.

I still think the 1% that survive would beat them though.

If they want to conquer Earth then they get beat plain and simple. They're less powerful than the White Martians or the New Kryptonian army who both were defeated by DC Earth's forces.

Nihilist
DC Earth. Easy aswell.

batdude123
DC Earth and it's not even close.

carver9
King Hype takes a lot of heros with him but the Hypes are losing this. Dc versatility is off the chain. The Hyperions have a lot of speed though and they could blitz/kill a lot of people.

Q99
It's like New Krypton or the White Martians, yet not as bad.

Sure, it's a lot of power... but so are the major hero teams.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by carver9
King Hype takes a lot of heros with him but the Hypes are losing this. Dc versatility is off the chain. The Hyperions have a lot of speed though and they could blitz/kill a lot of people. I agree, the amount of regular humans they could take out is ridicerous. Until some random team comes and beats their faces in.

Even worse if they went to Khandaq. They wouldn't even have their faces beaten in, they'd just be ripped off.

Sirius77
DC Earth easily.

SquallX
Originally posted by Q99
It's like New Krypton or the White Martians, yet not as bad.

Sure, it's a lot of power... but so are the major hero teams.

That was the reason i hated the New Krypton arc, and because of that i stopped reading it.

I mean seriously, how in the blue hell did Kryptonians lose.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SquallX
That was the reason i hated the New Krypton arc, and because of that i stopped reading it.

I mean seriously, how in the blue hell did Kryptonians lose.
A much better depiction of what an army of Kryptonians could do came from the Great Darkness Saga where the Daxamites under DS's control basically steamrolled the entire Galaxy.

Colossus-Big C
A much better depiction of what an army of Kryptonians could do came from the Great Darkness Saga where the Daxamites under DS's control basically steamrolled the entire Galaxy. Based on this King Hyperion can solo.

Omega Vision
Based on this King Hyperion can solo.
I'm sure there's a planet somewhere where your post made sense.

Too bad this is Earth.

Q99
Based on this King Hyperion can solo.

A planet full of Daxamites >>>>> KH.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
One PC Daxamite >>>>> KH.
FTFY

Colossus-Big C
Why do people hate King Hyperion? He is cooler and more interesting than superman

batdude123
Why do people hate King Hyperion? He is cooler and more interesting than superman

1. No, he really isn't.

2. Nobody is hating on him.

Q99
I don't hate him. I think a lot of people on this board underrate him.

Still, he's basically a herald-level only much harder to kill. Here, his ten Hyperion backup will be worn away in conflict with opposing herald-levelers and teams (some of which have mind control. A Hyperion, against mind control? I think we all know how that goes), and he's going to end up facing 3 or more herald level people himself.

On the Daxam thing, King Hype is good and all, but he's not the same level of threat as a hundred thousand+ kryptonian-strong people.

Rage.Of.Olympus

no expression What?

TricksterPriest
Wasn't a hundred thousand. It was Three billion Daxamites.

Omega: You have to consider that Darkseid was controlling them, so they would be acting under his command. Thus, better strategy.

Omega Vision
laughing at KH being 'cool' or 'interesting'

He's basically the epitome of a boring but powerful villain. He has next to zero personality. He's like a weaker Superboy-Prime without the angst and HI-larious smack talk/angry exclamations.
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Wasn't a hundred thousand. It was Three billion Daxamites.

Omega: You have to consider that Darkseid was controlling them, so they would be acting under his command. Thus, better strategy.
I'd agree except there didn't seem to be much strategy involved. The Daxamites were simply so powerful that they steamrolled any opposition. The Science Police were overwhelmed before they even knew there was a fight, warships had their hulls stripped away before they could register the threat, etc.

TricksterPriest
It was PC, you didn't need strategy back then. Nowadays, I think DS would use abit more strategy. But then, he wasn't in good shape during GDS.

carver9

Tell me if you see a trend and when I say this, think about it... put 2 and 2 together.

People hate...

Sentry
Gladiator
Hyperion
King Hyperion
Supreme

Now think real hard on this and it would pretty much be a simple answer on why they hate these characters. If you don't know, I don't mind PMing you the answer.

Omega Vision
Tell me if you see a trend and when I say this, think about it... put 2 and 2 together.

People hate...

Sentry
Gladiator
Hyperion
King Hyperion
Supreme

Now think real hard on this and it would pretty much be a simple answer on why they hate these characters. If you don't know, I don't mind PMing you the answer.
Because no one likes a cheap knock off?

Oh and Supreme isn't actually hated. He's pretty cool. He's an example of a well written Superman knock-off.

TricksterPriest
Not early Supreme. Early Supreme sucked. But when Alan Moore took over, that's when he became someone who was could compared to Superman favorably.

Existere
I don't think Gladiator receives a lot of hate either, just indifference. Meh.

carver9
Because no one likes a cheap knock off?

Oh and Supreme isn't actually hated. He's pretty cool. He's an example of a well written Superman knock-off.

There ya go.

People don't want either of these people being better than the original (certain people). That's why they get no love. No matter what Sentry did, he was still hated on the forum and he will always be hated along with everyone that I've mentioned. I honestly believe that is messed up. Even when Sentry Voided out, people still nit picked to fnd ways so that he wouldn't be better than his copy (well he is Supes copy).

Existere
There ya go.

People don't want either of these people being better than the original (certain people). That's why they get no love. No matter what Sentry did, he was still hated on the forum and he will always be hated along with everyone that I've mentioned. I honestly believe that is messed up. Even when Sentry Voided out, people still nit picked to fnd ways so that he wouldn't be better than his copy (well he is Supes copy). Sentry could have a different, non-superman powerset with the same personality and everybody would still hate him.

It's not solely because he's a rip off, but also largely because he, in an absolute sense (not relative to Superman) sucks.

TricksterPriest
Sentry could have a different, non-superman powerset with the same personality and everybody would still hate him.

It's not solely because he's a rip off, but also largely because he, in an absolute sense (not relative to Superman) sucks.

QFT. And it's not even us calling him a rip-off. It was Joe Quesada himself who said he was going to be Marvel's Superman.

carver9
Sentry could have a different, non-superman powerset with the same personality and everybody would still hate him.

I seen him as a great character with a lot of potential. It was just those mood swings that threw me off.

People will always hate Supermen rip off... its nature. They don't want the copy being more powerful (even though Sentry, King Hyperion, Supreme, and Gladiator is more powerful imo) than the original.

Mindset
carver, you're a champ.

Existere
I seen him as a great character with a lot of potential. It was just those mood swings that threw me off.

People will always hate Supermen rip off... its nature. They don't want the copy being more powerful (even though Sentry, King Hyperion, Supreme, and Gladiator is more powerful imo) than the original. Not everybody reads comics for power level.

Having any depth of character and a personality that is in any way bearable are also important.

carver9
Not everybody reads comics for power level.

Having any depth of character and a personality that is in any way bearable are also important.

I agree and that's why Superman stories will always be greater than the peeps that I've named and that's why Superman versatility with his powers will always be greater than theirs and he will always remain an icon.

I just think people should actually pay more attention to these characters instead of bashing them because they are similar to Supes. Overall, all of these characters have a lot of potential and made good stories.

Supes will always be numero uno but there are people out there that are more powerful and even then, there shouldn't be a reason to hate these said characters.

I admit, Glads is my fave but I also admit that Thor can get a majority against him, Surfer, WWH, Orion (w/equipment), etc, etc... but I'm not going to go around dogging these characters because they are just overall powerful enough to drop Glads... just doesn't make sense and its kind of childish imo.

SuperiorTech
I agree and that's why Superman stories will always be greater than the peeps that I've named and that's why Superman versatility with his powers will always be greater than theirs and he will always remain an icon.

I just think people should actually pay more attention to these characters instead of bashing them because they are similar to Supes. Overall, all of these characters have a lot of potential and made good stories.

Supes will always be numero uno but there are people out there that are more powerful and even then, there shouldn't be a reason to hate these said characters.

I admit, Glads is my fave but I also admit that Thor can get a majority against him, Surfer, WWH, Orion (w/equipment), etc, etc... but I'm not going to go around dogging these characters because they are just overall powerful enough to drop Glads... just doesn't make sense and its kind of childish imo.

I always got the impression that you hated Superman with every fiber of your being.

carver9
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I always got the impression that you hated Superman with every fiber of your being.

Lol... naah, I don't hate him. Supes is about the only character that I read... that's why I can bring up everything that has happened with him along with arguing against people that mislead other people with his feats. I just disagree with a lot of people on how powerful he is and I also disagree with people on how powerful they think Thor AND Thanos, along with Wonder Woman. I think they are powerful but some people just overdue things a bit. I guess people can say the same thing about me and Gladiator.

Prep-Man
the best supes knock off is majestic. now and forever.

-Pr-
Don't make silly threads. Closing.

Colossus-Big C
Who wins here

-Pr-
Don't make spite threads.

Colossus-Big C
based on feats .

Thor-destroy a planet by hitting it with mljonir
Herculese-bench pressed the weigth of the earth
Gladiator-destroyed a planet much bigger than earth, destroy a star etc
Hulk-physically overpowered a planet from exploding, destroying a planet twice the size of earth with a punch, and can basically out muscle everyone in this thread.

JakeTheBank
I think a couple of them are strong enough to the point where Superman's strength isn't going to clearly surpass theirs in such a decisive manner outside of an amp.

dmills
I think on average they're all about even. Supes perhaps having more high end feats/showings.

rotiart
Yes and no. Some are stronger... Some arent

Sirius77
I think on average they're all about even. Supes perhaps having more high end feats/showings.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think a couple of them are strong enough to the point where Superman's strength isn't going to clearly surpass theirs in such a decisive manner outside of an amp.

Pretty much.

I'm tempted to list them, but that would be a big can of worms... mmm

carver9
based on feats .

Hulk-physically overpowered a planet from exploding, destroying a planet twice the size of earth with a punch, and can basically out muscle everyone in this thread.

The only 2 on that list that is stronger is Gladiator and Hulk.

Herc... pretty much equals, if I had to give a edge, it would be Supes. Going by feats, it would be Herc... the guy held the Universe up.

Thor and Superman are equals but I would give Thor the edge with hitting power via hammer. That hammer has some amazing destruction feats.

iceman24567
I think on average they're all about even. Supes perhaps having more high end feats/showings. This

ankur29
Originally posted by -Pr-
Pretty much.

I'm tempted to list them, but that would be a big can of worms... mmm

list them please

imo in a straight up lifting competition they are all exactly equal at base level except hulk who has to amp to reach that level.

But hulk's amp is inevitable if it is a brawl and he will become the strongest here.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ankur29
list them please

imo in a straight up lifting competition they are all exactly equal at base level except hulk who has to amp to reach that level.

But hulk's amp is inevitable if it is a brawl and he will become the strongest here.

The only ones i'd argue as being stronger are Thor or Hulk, and even then you could argue that Superman is stronger than they are too (bar Hulk's potential limitlessness).

Herc has some pretty decent strength feats, so he's in the same ball park.

Gladiator, Bill, Norrin and the like do lag behind, and the feats back this up, imo.

carver9
Gladiator, Bill, Norrin and the like do lag behind, and the feats back this up, imo.

Wow.

-Pr-
Wow.

I know. The truth can shock, but it shall set you free.

Simbon
based on feats .

When did Thor destroy a planet?

I'd say in general comparable strength, with DC being faster (Glads, Norrin, and Nova being comparable, however), and two of Marvel's being stronger: Hulk is potentially stronger, and classic Drax is stronger than any herald in Marvel or DC.

carver9
I know. The truth can shock, but it shall set you free.

Lol...You all are drivng me half crazy with these kind of statements about Gladiator.

Simbon
Lol...You all are drivng me half crazy with these kind of statements about Gladiator.

Does that mean he is making you more sane?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Simbon
Does that mean he is making you more sane?

thumb up

Nihilist
Non of that list are stronger than Superman using high/average feats, Gladiator is prolly the weakest from that bunch.

Philosophía
Nobody is as strong as him and Hulk is the only one with the potential to be so. Thor/Hercules are closer to Wonder Woman than him. Gladiator doesn't have the feats, and certainly not anywhere near the relative showings against other Marvel top-heralds to say he's at his level.

quanchi112
Hulk.

Mindset

dmills

Mindset
Phil is becoming Trick.

dmills
Originally posted by Mindset
Phil is becoming Trick. I certainly don't recall him being this brazen.

Simbon
Originally posted by Mindset
Phil is becoming Trick.

No, Phil is right; remember that the marvel characters have to be judged by their AVERAGES -- their low feats have to be taken into account. Contrast this with superman (whose low feats are all PIS, and therefore not taken into account), and it is clear who is teh strongest wun der iz.

Philosophía
This will go over well. Philo you certainly have a big pair, I'll give you that. There's nothing there that's not supported by the comics. In fact, the canon confrontations between Wonder Woman/Hercules and Superman/Thor show exactly that.

Starscream M

Harbinger
I think Phil already acknowledged that, though.

dmills

Hyperion Prime

Silent Master

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Silent Master
Not even Mangog or Kurse?
Pretty sure Mangog is considered Low Trans.

Silent Master
He is? ok, forget about him then.

What about Kurse?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Silent Master
He is? ok, forget about him then.

What about Kurse?

Kurse is plenty times stronger than Superman. Thor is above wonderwoman...he's trying to get attention always talking like supes is some kind god. At least Trickster is entertaining when he does it.

dmills
Originally posted by Starscream M
hulk can be stronger than superman though See I like demonstrative stuff. What is this "he has the potential to be" stuff? On the regular, he's not, and I've never seen a Hulk feat of strength that made me think "damn, Supes can't do that". And I couldn't care less about either.

Edit: The Onslaught feat may be the exception. I can't see a non amped Supes replicating that.

they're all in the same tier strenghwise. I'd say SM is marginally stronger than all of them, but not by much. Hulk's absolute best are above SM IMO, but his average is below him.

Simbon
Something needs to be emphasized here: the original poster asked about strength, not about hitting hard. Flash can hit pretty darn hard, but his strength is negligible. I would actually agree that Superman can hit harder than Thor, Herc, Hulk, and Glads -- but that's not what this thread is about.
Moreover, most of the people who have commented have been talking about whether or not these individuals are comparable, not whether one is a hair stronger than the other. The assertion that superman is simply in a different weight class than the marvel heralds is not supported by the comics at all.

dmills
Something needs to be emphasized here: the original poster asked about strength, not about hitting hard. Flash can hit pretty darn hard, but his strength is negligible. I would actually agree that Superman can hit harder than Thor, Herc, Hulk, and Glads -- but that's not what this thread is about.
Moreover, most of the people who have commented have been talking about whether or not these individuals are comparable, not whether one is a hair stronger than the other. The assertion that superman is simply in a different weight class than the marvel heralds is not supported by the comics at all. I agree. I just want to see Philo attempt to make his case.

Dum Dum Dugan
I assume you mean current superman?

DIAMONDBACK-777
Hulk and gladiators planet destroying feats place them as being stronger than superman. For all of supermans so-called high end feats, he has failed to even come close to being able to match hulks and gladiators. I would like to see comparable feats from superman who has been around longer than all these characters combined, yet cannot match the few feats that they have. And i know for a fact that he has atleast tried to destroy a shadow moon and we all know what happened.

-Pr-
Moreover, most of the people who have commented have been talking about whether or not these individuals are comparable, not whether one is a hair stronger than the other. The assertion that superman is simply in a different weight class than the marvel heralds is not supported by the comics at all.

It depends on the heralds, tbh.

No, Phil is right; remember that the marvel characters have to be judged by their AVERAGES -- their low feats have to be taken into account. Contrast this with superman (whose low feats are all PIS, and therefore not taken into account), and it is clear who is teh strongest wun der iz.

i know you're being sarcastic, but the irony amuses me.

iceman24567
On average Thor, Superman, Hulk, Herc and Gladiator are peers when push comes to shove Superman and Thor show they can will themselves stronger and Hulk can amp to unknown levels. Tend to think Superman is near the top strengthwise.

Allankles
based on feats .

They're in the same general league. If you had to pick one guy to win an arm wrestling contest, you'd probably go with Supes. I'd say a big part of that is how his strength actually works, this guy literally gets stronger with age, as he's exposed to more and more solar energy.

kgkg
Originally posted by iceman24567
On average Thor, Superman, Hulk, Herc and Gladiator are peers when push comes to shove Superman and Thor show they can will themselves stronger and Hulk can amp to unknown levels. Tend to think Superman is near the top strengthwise. I agree with this...

With two modifications. Superman is better on Average... Thor? lol not strength wise bro.

Superman is the strongest the only person who comes close and can surpass him in strength might be Hulk.

DIAMONDBACK-777
Hulk-physically overpowered a planet from exploding, destroying a planet twice the size of earth with a punch, and can basically out muscle everyone in this thread....... Could somebody, anybody show me current superman doing any of these things in any comic book. Also show me a scan of superman and thor willing themselves stronger.

Silent Master
Superman doesn't have Mjolnir....so how exactly can they show you Superman using it to destroy a planet?

iceman24567
Originally posted by kgkg
I agree with this...

With two modifications. Superman is better on Average... Thor? lol not strength wise bro.

Superman is the strongest the only person who comes close and can surpass him in strength might be Hulk. Well Thors strength feats are solid and his ability to gain strength via will or anger is well know its just my opinion that hes Superman level and your right Superman is the cream of the crop on average

Omega Vision
Originally posted by DIAMONDBACK-777

I keep hearing this. But was it stated how big the planet/planetoid was?

Black bolt z
Lol...You all are drivng me half crazy with these kind of statements about Gladiator. So now your 143% insane?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kgkg
I agree with this...

Superman is the strongest the only person who comes close and can surpass him in strength might be Hulk.

This is the type of shit I have problems with.

The only person who comes close to Clark in strength is Hulk? Stupidity. Even using JLA/Avengers as a basis, it's quite clear that Thor is pretty damn close to Clark in regards to physical capabilities.

Thor and Hulk are the only ones who can become stronger than Superman without some sort of outside amp.

On average, Thor is at best as strong as Clark and might have an edge of the mystical origin is played up; Clark at best will be physically stronger but not by much.

On average, Hulk is at best physically above Superman. Clark at best is Hulk's physical equal. At least a Savage Hulk and higher.

All of the ones listed here are on the same level. That doesn't mean they are all equals.

Black bolt z
Hulk can become stronger than him.

Its arguable thor already is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's what I said.

Stronger than Superman? Nah, he isn't unless we start including shit like Warrior Madness.

-Pr-
I keep hearing this. But was it stated how big the planet/planetoid was?

I don't recall it being, if its the feat i think it is. He just wails on this planet for a bit, and when he's done, the planet is rubble.

Hyperion Prime
That's what I said.

Stronger than Superman? Nah, he isn't unless we start including shit like Warrior Madness.

So would you agree that the fight between Thor and Superman was accurate in the JLA vs the Avengers.

I have always though even though that its not cannon that, that fight is how it would really go down between the two.

kgkg
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus The only person who comes close to Clark in strength is Hulk? Stupidity. Even using JLA/Avengers as a basis, it's quite clear that Thor is pretty damn close to Clark in regards to physical capabilities.
Did you read another version of JLA/Avengers ?
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7751/38231795nw7.th.jpg Dials goes to 11?

Hulk is to hard to gauge with his constant change of portrayal in terms of strength. But Hulk can do any feat because well that's what he does. On average he is not as strong as Superman.

Based on nothing? The only thing that Thor has over Superman is power output even than it's very close.

Nope... Superman doesn't have problem with meta's and street level characters.

DIAMONDBACK-777
So that's your answer? Superman doesn't have thors hammer?... I have seen claims on here that he hits harder than thor with his hammer... Ok then, what about the other 3? Show me superman doing those feats. I am also waiting for scans of him willing himself stronger. I have seen him bloodlusted against WW and fighting for his life against doomsday, why didn't he ( will ) himself stronger? I have seen him sundipp to get stronger by flying close to or into the sun to accomplish a task, why didn't he ( will ) himself stronger? I have seen him trying with help to move a planet or moon, why didn't he ( will ) himself stronger? he was trying to save lives and was failing in his task. Superman is slightly stronger than WW.. same as CM, weaker than black adam.. And none of them can match the feats in this thread.. You would have to go to his pre-crisis era to match those feats, and current superman is no-where close to that era, and not one of these characters used flight assist to accomplish their feats. except hulks and it trumps anything superman has ever done.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>