Team JLA vs. Team Marvel Cosmics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
The Justice League of America (this time consisting of Superman, Wonderwoman, Plasticman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Captain Marvel)

vs.

Team Marvel Cosmics (consisting of Thanos, Silver Surfer, Drax, Thor, Classic Juggernaut, Super-Skrull, Firelord).

Juntai
Team two should win most encounters, but team one still has the ability to gather wins.

Tshern
Chances are that Team Marvel takes it. Both have big guns, but balance is going to Marvel's side.

Of course this is somewhat speculated, but here's one possible scenario for the fight:
-Drax the Destroyer takes on Wonderwoman and probably would eventually pull out the victory. The duration and the outcome are dependent on the Power gem, or to be exact, whether Drax has it or not.
-Thor fights Green Lantern and wins.
-Captain Marvel eventually overcomes all the troubles Super-Skrull can dish out (possibly), but soon he has to face Thor who in my opinion takes down GL faster than Marvel beats Super-Skrull. Thor takes this fight finally.
-Thanos stalemates Supes until Silver Surfer and Thor come and help him.
-Classic Juggernaut can endure everything Flash and Plasticman throw at him, though he might never beat them either.
-Firelord would be a smart choice against Martian Manhunter because of MM's fear of fire.

But that is only one option. Both teams have possibilities to win, but a small edge to the Marvel Crew. Great fight and a nice thread.

Edit:
My point exactly.

golem370
I think it goes like this

Drax the Destroyer vs Captain Marvel now If Drax stays focused on the battle he could win probably stronger and tougher.

Classic Juggernaut vs Wonder Woman since she can only battle Juggernaut she falls after a good battle

Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern well IMO Silver Surfer wins just to powerful.

Firelord vs Flash well since Flash has no speed advantage and because firelord are powers that work for different ways I say he is to versatile

Super Skrull vs Plastic Man I believe SS is just to powerful

Thor vs Martian Manhunter I think this could really go ether way.

and

Thanos vs Superman I say Superman tries to speedblitz Thanos and when Superman looks back and sees Thanos still standing and when he tries it again Thanos release a powerful concussive blast of cosmic energy which stops Superman in his track and while Superman is dazed Superman use his brain Whammy and adds Superman to his herald list.

JOE NUNEZ
I'm trying to be fair, cause I like the DC team, but I DON'T see them winning .... The marvel team 10/10 just to powerful........

BlaqChaos
And I was thinking that the League would pull a win out.

JOE NUNEZ
THANOS ALONE could battle the jla...

Tshern
Of course he could. It wouldn't be a long match though...

DigiMark007
Even though the JLA's a walking excuse for PIS, Thanos should beat them....especially with the help he has in this fight.

Crease
Team 2 has Thanos of Titan...If you remove him team 2 still wins 6, maybe 7/10.

DigiMark007
Flash becomes tricky though. Thanos could conceivably just destroy a planet-sized area to kill Flash (and so could, say, Surfer probably) but remove Thanos and the JLA can occupy the others and possibly have the upper hand. Thus, Wally would be a b*tch to kill then since they can't divert their attentions to him....and he could certainly cause a lot of trouble (stealing speed, wrapping WW's lasso around people, etc.).

Sans Thanos, I give the JLA the win more often than not, even though Surfer's probably the 2nd most powerful in this fight.

Tshern
While Flash steals his speed, Martian Manhunter attacks him mentally, Supes is keeping him busy in a fist fight with Wonderwoman and Captain Marvel? Those could easily knock out Thanos and Plasticman and Green Lantern are yet to be used.

Oh yeah, Marvel takes the majority, but not Thanos alone.

leonidas
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
The Justice League of America (this time consisting of Superman, Wonderwoman, Plasticman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Captain Marvel)

vs.

Team Marvel Cosmics (consisting of Thanos, Silver Surfer, Drax, Thor, Classic Juggernaut, Super-Skrull, Firelord).

marvel is too tough, but the jla could get a couple wins. in the first few moments mm takes out thor with a powerful tp blast -- at least put him down for a good while. he could also take ss down that way without much trouble. both would/could fall very quickly giving the jla a fast numbers advantage. a couple seconds into the fight lantern keeps ss busy (that's a close fight -- hal could beat ss imo, at least half the time) and supes removes juggs via bfr. 3 marvels down in the first few seconds. while that is happening, cm keeps drax busy until supes shows up and they both put him down. ww and mm can keep thanos entertained while flash keeps fl busy (or beats him by stealing his speed) until the others show up to help him and gl. come to that, flash could steal speed from all of them or give it to the dc guys. that would make things very hard for the marvelites.

anyway, eventually the numbers advantage would be too great and the jla would be left with thanos who would still be tough but altogether they could get him.

likely scenario? not really, but possible. the only advantage the jla has is a massively powerful telepath. they would need to use that advantage to win this fight.

Tshern
With a telepathic shot? Think again, SS took a full mental blast from Moondragon who was at the time wielding the Mind gem and Surfer got back up immeadiately. And Martian Manhunter would take him down? I doubt him even taking Thor, let alone SS.

Marvel Also has two telepaths, Thanos and Silver Surfer. They don't show their telepathy that often and to be exact I cannot provide scans right know, but if you want to see I see what I can do. Anyone is naturally free to post them.

And Team Marvel could simply put Firelord against MM. Tough luck for Jonn.

Wally West
Team Marvel 10/10

It really isn't close at all, you could take out classic Juggernaut, Firelord, Drax and Super-Skrull and Marvel would still take a huge majority. Thanos makes it really unfair, and hes getting backed up by Surfer and Thor!

leonidas
by ss i meant superskrull. in the above i said gl was facing surfer . . .

and ss's tp is passive at best. he has strong defenses, but has never been shown to use psionics offensively in anyway. thanos too has shown very ltd tp powers. they are vague to say the very least.

and thor has been impacted by tp in the past -- he's been controlled by several characters (moondragon (pre-gem) and enchantress to name a couple offhand). it's not impossible with a massive blast mm could take him out or at least put him down for a while so someone else could finish him.

Tshern
1. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p17.jpg
2. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p18.jpg
3. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p21.jpg
4. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p22.jpg

For sure telepathy isn't Surfer's greatest power, but he has such a wide array of other skills that it doesn't even have to be. And Thanos defeated Moondragon in a telepathic struggle, quite a feat really.

Agreed. But Firelord might take MM first.

badabing
Team marvel is really stacked. I can't believe I'm going against a team with Supes, WW, MM, GL and the most powerful hero ever, CAPTAIN MARVEL. laughing wink <Just a little fanboy humor. But team Marvel takes at least 8/10.

leonidas
Originally posted by Tshern
1. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p17.jpg
2. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p18.jpg
3. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p21.jpg
4. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p22.jpg

For sure telepathy isn't Surfer's greatest power, but he has such a wide array of other skills that it doesn't even have to be. And Thanos defeated Moondragon in a telepathic struggle, quite a feat really.

Agreed. But Firelord might take MM first.

those scans don't do much other than show he has strong defenses, which i said earlier. it was pc not tp that he used to push those aliens back. and i've heard about the thanos/moondragon fight, but where was it? what issue of which book?

in any event, i never claimed mm could take out thanos or ss, just thor and skrull. maybe firelord. i was merely suggesting it might be possible to get a numbers advantage this way. and i thought mm was pretty much over the whole fire thing nowadays. doesn't matter much any -- flash could intercept him before he got to mm and that would still leave a numbers advantage to the jla.

then again, maybe flash steals all their speed . . . such a strange attack. i wonder if he could do it . . .

bats2jm
thanos makes this fight so unfair marvel team wins

guy222
Originally posted by bats2jm
thanos makes this fight so unfair marvel team wins

Marvel FTW

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well the JLA would beat Thanos everytime if he's alone. no question. Superman's Beat everybody aura would allow the wins. Now in this fight, The JLA can get the wins. Flash does A Super knot around Thanos with WW's lasso and Thanos is out of the fight. unless he can shrink himself like amazo did. I've never seen Thanos do that. hal Joran can beat Surfer. WW busies thor with her superior speed and skill and her superior defense and matching strength. He'll get frustrated tying to beat someone so much faster with better skills and uber defense. Drax is a non factor. He'll be mentally dominated by the other green guy. And turned against Firelord. MM phases a hand thru juggy's helmet and takes it off. Mind rape for the win against the two dumbest guys on the marvel team. Captain Marvel make short work of Superskrullw ith some well placed magic lighting bolts and a few mighty punches. Plastic man and Superman lend a hand where need be.

guy222
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Well the JLA would beat Thanos everytime if he's alone. no question. Superman's Beat everybody aura would allow the wins. Now in this fight, The JLA can get the wins. Flash does A Super knot around Thanos with WW's lasso and Thanos is out of the fight. unless he can shrink himself like amazo did. I've never seen Thanos do that. hal Joran can beat Surfer. WW busies thor with her superior speed and skill and her superior defense and matching strength. He'll get frustrated tying to beat someone so much faster with better skills and uber defense. Drax is a non factor. He'll be mentally dominated by the other green guy. And turned against Firelord. MM phases a hand thru juggy's helmet and takes it off. Mind rape for the win against the two dumbest guys on the marvel team. Captain Marvel make short work of Superskrullw ith some well placed magic lighting bolts and a few mighty punches. Plastic man and Superman lend a hand where need be.

Marvel wins

Stupid Rookie
I really don't see JLA being able to win much here. They could, but Thanos and SS with this team are too much.

Magee
Thanos is to much. Why cant Flash just steal everyones speed and give it the DC team, speed is one of the main deciding factors in any fight and Flash could do this before anyone had a chance to react.

Terryc250
i think supes is the strongest on the DC team.. and if u look at the marvel team, half of them r stronger then supes

StyleTime
I like the JLA but they can't take this. Thanos pretty much guarantees a victory for Marvel.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Magee
Why cant Flash just steal everyones speed and give it the DC team,

Because only AbsorbingMan outclasses Flash in terms of raw idiocy.

Hannibal-Lector
i think marvel would win alot... but the degree may vary based on which GL

xmarksthespot
Well if the thread was revamped with current Captain Marvel... it might be a different story... 131

StyleTime
...but what if it wasn't?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Well if the thread was revamped with current Captain Marvel... it might be a different story... 131

Isn't he like borderline skyfather right now?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by StyleTime
...but what if it wasn't? Marvel wins obviously. stick out tongueOriginally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Isn't he like borderline skyfather right now? Powers of the Wizard Shazam basically = Skyfather to me...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Faceman
THANOS ALONE could battle the jla... agreed team marvel obliterates this team 10 outta 10!

celestialdemon
Team Marvel wins. Way too much power for the JLA to content with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.