Puck vs. Slade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King_Mungi
Straight up fight, Puck vs. Deathstroke.

Usual equipment.

Tshern
Normal equipment for Slade, but does Puck have any stuff he carries around all the time, apart from his suit?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Tshern
Normal equipment for Slade, but does Puck have any stuff he carries around all the time, apart from his suit?

Normally not, he relies on himself in a fight. He's skilled in weapons, but he rarely uses them.

Tshern
That is exactly the impression I had. Thanks for making sure though.

But yeah, Puck definitely outclassed Cap in the other thread, but this time he has all he can handle. Slade could probably evade most of Puck's attacks because of his reflexes and speed, but inflicting damage on Puck is another issue...

I still think Slade takes the majority, he doesn't have to kill Puck, knock out of such is enough. I believe Deathstroke's grenades would do that.

soleran30
Yup I give this one to Deathstroke overall.

Puck's biggest asset in this fight is his durability..............however concussive forces should still be able to knock him out.

Thunderstrike
Bah. Puck takes this one. That little guy is uber-quick, and would more than likely get a lot of great hits on him.

King_Mungi
Those greandes Slade used to knock out Superboy isn't part of his standard equipment.

1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/scan_puck.jpg
----
Here's Puck bio for those who don't know:
Puck
The original Puck had enhanced agility and superhuman strength rivaling that of Spider-Man. He was also a trained soldier and formidable hand-to-hand combatant. After a run in with The Master of the World, his body was altered and compressed resulting into his tissue became akin to compressed rubber. The stats are from The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe - Master Edition #1

Agility: One of the most agile characters in the Marvel universe, even rivaling that of Spider-Man. He has superhuman agility, significantly beyond the natural limits of the human body. Prior to getting his upgrade, his speed and agility rivaled that of a 6' foot athlete even in his dwarf state. With his agility he can bounce off various things like a hockey puck and even now with his upgrade can do this feat to a greater extent.

Bull Fighter: Before he became a dwarf, he was a famous bullfighter in Spain in 1930's. They even said Eugene was better than Maera himself. Even Ernest Hemmingway was watching him and was quite impressed with his skills.

Durability: After the experimentations from The Master and having his body compressed, Puck gained metahuman durability. Which allows Puck to withstand extreme temperatures and pressures, and virtually all toxins, corrosives, punctures and concussions without sustaining injury. As he said he became invulnerable, due to Puck's tissues were condensed at a molecular level, causing his body to become akin to compressed rubber.

Experience: Puck is very old; he was a soldier of fortune in the early 1900s. He has traveled the world and experienced many cultures, battle many foes and learned from it all. His age almost rivals that of Wolverine, however, Puck's age keeps changing in the comics. He has been in many battles for instance on the opposing side against Black Widow in the Tonkin Gulf in 1967. Also Wolverine recognized his battle tactics in Maracaibo and even battled with Modred to stop the Brass Bishop into getting into the new Tower of Babel. He also fought with Wolverine and Ernest Hemingway in the Spanish Civil War.

Fake Death: An ability he learned in the Orient, where he can place himself in a temporary death-like trance state. This can fool most people leaving them open for an attack.

Fighting Skills: Puck is one of the most skilled fighters in the Marvel universe. He knows a mixture of various martial arts, street fighting techniques, acrobatics and gymnastics. He even has such skill that allows him to sneak up on Wolverine, as he said "Who...? You! Well, well, well. I shoulda known you'd be the only one who could sneak up on me like that."

Intelligence: A very bright person even in the heat of battle has quoted Hamlet from time to time. In a battle with Atlanteans, he quoted. "Let the foils be brought the gentlemen willing, and the King hold his purpose, I will win for him if I can, if not, I will gain nothing but my shame and the odd hits!" He's a scholar and often reads works by Shakespeare and even in the past was friends with Ernest Hemmingway. Puck can also speak fluent Russian, Japanese, German and various other languages as well. He also has a great deal of knowledge about magic, folklore and magical rituals.

Reflexes: Even prior to his upgrade, Puck trained himself to be the best shape he could be and even had superhuman level reflexes, virtually instantaneous. He could act out many battle tactics in his head only in a fraction of a second and in the next heartbeat act.

Speed: After the experimentations from The Master and having his body compressed, Puck gained superhuman speed. That's the ability to run 111-115 miles per hour

Stamina: After the experimentations from The Master and having his body compressed, Puck gained superhuman stamina. That's the ability to sustain peak exertion before fatigue impairs performance up to a day.

Strength: After the experimentations from The Master and having his body compressed, Puck gained superhuman strength. Prior to just being a dwarf he had peak human strength, but now he is Superhuman Class 10. That's the ability to press 2-10 tons.

Yoga: Trained by an old Hindu, named Dr.Srivinda, which allows Puck to slow his breathing and alter his body temperature. Even to the skill level being submerged into the freezing Arctic water for minutes without any problems at all. This was at the time when Puck hadn't had his upgrade yet.

soleran30
Nope but his staff is so is his sword and his promethium chain as well.

Slade takes this fight and beats Puck then lets him recover and beats him again....................now rinse repeat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.