Blue Mary vs Mai Shiranui

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P-Geyser
Okay since the last topic that involved Blue Mary was halfassed, I think this matchup seems better and that is who would win in a fight between Mary Ryan and Mai Shiranui?

Personally I think Mary Ryan has this match. She is self confident, Independant(I love that in a woman)not to mention her job as a Bounty Hunter/Detective keeps her strong on her toes and the fact that her Martial Art Combat Sambo is kickass. And lets not forget she is Terry's gal big grin

Mai Shiranui in my opinion is a disgrace to female ninjas. She hardly has the tools and experience in her grandfathers Martial Art. Plus the fact that she lags constantly lags on to Andy is annoying...especially in FF animes.

So thats my opinion...discuss.

P-Geyser
I think this pic looks nice

http://users.wordpainter.net/trunks/mary/images/mary-snap-mai.gif

2D_MASTER
I dunno, this is tough P-geyser. I like Blue mary, as a character, and I kick ass with her in KOF (I wish they would have put her in the crossover games). Blue mary;s style of "commando sambo" is only truely effective at close range, as obvious by gameplay. I dont think Mary woudl beat Mai easy, at all. Mai if she was smart would keep mary away with protectiles and aerial moves. I think this could go either way, until convinced otherwise.

SaTsuJiN
yeah this is a good battle thumb up

mary is cool... but I think its much easier to play keepaway for mai with her fans and aerial moves as said earlier, than it would be for blue mary to try and stay on top of her.. I think the instant mai does an obvious physical attack, mary'll just counter and start going buckwild... personally I suck with grapple characters, and would try my best not to be caught by one..

if mai has her shoryuken-style Ryu'enbu..(anti-air fire tail).. then I think mai takes it... if she doesnt she's gonna have some trouble keeping mary at bay

P-Geyser
I see what you guys are getting at. But I personally think that Mary would be all over Mai from the beginning not even giving her a chance to use her fan plus the fact that Mary is more serious in combat than Mai.

brainchild81
Good fight. Mai can win if she keeps her distance. I've seen real Sambo in action. You wanna stay away from people like that. Mai wins from afar. Andy @ least deserves a stacked girl to make up for all the disrespect he gets from SNK.

SilentNinja
Mary, her lockdown and cross up game takes some skill even in her KOF98 incarnation(the near unbeatable top tier Mary in KOF). Mai Keepaway game gets scrubbier and scrubbier.

Hey there P-geyser ^_^

isharacramer
maia nd blue mary will be draw

Esomark
A lot of old threads are getting revived. Are we running out of match ups?

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Esomark
A lot of old threads are getting revived. Are we running out of match ups?

0 post old threads need love too.

Well this isn't one of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.