Wonder Woman vs. Colosus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
current versions of both characters...

Thunderstrike
Wonder Woman.

bats2jm
they r both strong but WW has a bit more going for her wonder woman

Validus
Colossus is a step below Wondy.

JOE NUNEZ
would you say their even in strength.

Thunderstrike
Not really.

JOE NUNEZ
I know ww is wayyy faster.

Thunderstrike
Colossus is a low level Class 100. Wonder Woman is near Superman.

Validus
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
would you say their even in strength.
No way. I would say Diana is 85-90% as strong as Superman. Colossus isn't on that level.

JOE NUNEZ
o ok I always thought she was a middle class 100.

Thunderstrike
Nope.

JOE NUNEZ
shes not stronger than immortal herc, right?

badabing
Would WW be able to hurt Colossus?

soujaboy09
Yea she would. Colossus is one of my fav characters, but In this fight he's outclassed.

One of his best showings in a fight was when he fought Gladiator, and took him to his max. I figure thats PIS though

Metalmanx
Originally posted by soujaboy09
Yea she would. Colossus is one of my fav characters, but In this fight he's outclassed.

One of his best showings in a fight was when he fought Gladiator, and took him to his max. I figure thats PIS though

I wouldn't. While Colossus may not be as strong as Gladiator, his durability is legendary, allowing him to go toe-to-toe with Glads. I also assume the longer the fight went on, the less confident Glads became. Nonetheless, Colossus is a top-tier character when it comes to strength and durability.

But yea, Wonder Woman just outclasses him here. I can't argue that one (as much as I want to).

olympian
"Colossus is a step below Wondy"

Way more than a step.

A step below is what WMan is to Thor and WW is to Superman.

I dont consider 616 Colossus to be top tier if we are talking about the -same group- where Hulk and Thor are.
If hes able to lift hundred of tons or close? Sure. But you dont have to be in Hulk`s group to do that.

Thunderstrike
Colossus is probably my favorite muscle guy. Well, Him and Ben Grimm. These two are probably the best fighters of the muscle bound brawlers, but that's about it.

bats2jm
Strength Level: In his normal human form Peter Rasputin possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. As Colossus he can left (press) at least 70 tons under optimal conditions.

however if it was ultimate colossus then ultimate Colossus has the ability to transform his body from flesh and blood into an organic steel, giving him superhuman strength and making him impervious to harm. Supposedly his power has not yet fully developed because of his youth. Ultimate Colossus possesses vast superhuman strength, the limits of which have not been revealed. Colossus strength is sufficient for him to battle, and defeat powerhouses such as Thor (Ultimate), Iron Man (Ultimate), and Magneto (Ultimate), placing his strength well into the Class 100 level, being able to lift in excess of 100 tons with relative ease. Truly, only the Hulk (Ultimate) seems able to match the Colossus immeasurable physical strength.

samishe
Originally posted by Validus
No way. I would say Diana is 85-90% as strong as Superman. Colossus isn't on that level.

Supes now concidered to have limitless strength.
How could she be 90% of limitless?

bats2jm
Originally posted by samishe
Supes now concidered to have limitless strength.
How could she be 90% of limitless?

superman does not have limitless strength not

nimrod009
Collossus loses so badly it's not even funny. Massively outclassed.

samishe
Originally posted by bats2jm
superman does not have limitless strength not

According to his latest feats he has.

Galvaclaw
I'd say Wonder woman's 90% of the powerlevel Superman normally fights at. Not his allmighty Imperiex probe busting, E-2 Superman stalemating level.

bats2jm
that why i dont get into superman treads power level keep going up and down never known what its at

olympian
"According to his latest feats he has."

And what feats would that be?

samishe
Originally posted by olympian

And what feats would that be?

I read in wikipedia.

olympian
Dont take stuff there for granted. Its sometimes as accurate as handbooks.

Comic wise he doesnt have limitess strenght.

samishe
Dont take stuff there for granted. Its sometimes as accurate as handbooks.

Comic wise he doesnt have limitess strenght.

Besides that, in Hulk vs Supes thread i was claiming that Hulk could win due to his limitless streangth, everyone attacked me, they started to convince me Supes also has limitless strength.erm

Validus
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
I'd say Wonder woman's 90% of the powerlevel Superman normally fights at. Not his allmighty Imperiex probe busting, E-2 Superman stalemating level.
Exactly what I meant. Superman has a general and defined power level. That doesn't count his uber high showings such as King of the World, which I would say is his best Post Crisis showing in a combat situation.

batdude123
Why is this even a fight? Wonder Woman is stronger, she's faster, she's a definite better fighter than him, she's got the sword, the lasso, and the tiara. Colossus goes down so hard it's not even funny.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by batdude123
Why is this even a fight? Wonder Woman is stronger, she's faster, she's a definite better fighter than him, she's got the sword, the lasso, and the tiara. Colossus goes down so hard it's not even funny. Don't be hating....

golem370
Colossus would hang with her for a while specially If she dukes it out with him.

snoopdogg

A step below is what WMan is to Thor and WW is to Superman.

Wonderman and Colossus are on the same level. Wonderman don't really have the strength feats to put him ahead of Colossus and vice versa.

If hes able to lift hundred of tons or close? Sure. But you dont have to be in Hulk`s group to do that. Well Colossus has been said in a comic to lift hundreds of tons while shaking off mortar shells. Does that count?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus100tons2.jpg
(Doesn't get any more clearer than this)

Anyways on to the fight. Wonderwoman is too much for Colossus to handle. She's got him beat in everything except maybe durabilty. In a slugfest he will hold his own but once WW starts using her speed and weapons etc. this fight is over.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Wonderman and Colossus are on the same level. Wonderman don't really have the strength feats to put him ahead of Colossus and vice versa.
Well Colossus has been said in a comic to lift hundreds of tons while shaking off mortar shells. Does that count?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus100tons2.jpg
(Doesn't get any more clearer than this)

Anyways on to the fight. Wonderwoman is too much for Colossus to handle. She's got him beat in everything except maybe durabilty. In a slugfest he will hold his own but once WW starts using her speed and weapons etc. this fight is over.

Agreed. If Wonder Woman decided to have a slugfest with Colossus, he would definitely hold his own for a good period of time. But eventually, her massive power set would take him down.

Don't get me wrong though. Wonder Woman wins.

soujaboy09
I think Colossus would go more than a few rounds with Wonder Women. He's no pushover, and he does have great fighting ability. Even with this he loses, but the fight last for a few rounds.

batdude123
Originally posted by soujaboy09
I think Colossus would go more than a few rounds with Wonder Women. He's no pushover, and he does have great fighting ability. Even with this he loses, but the fight last for a few rounds.

Colossus is a great fighter, but Wonder Woman is suppossed to be one of the best fighters in DCU.

JohnR
Colossus would last a short while only because Wonder Woman wouldn't initially use her full strength. She's strong enough to break Superman's ribs, so she should be able to take Colossus out in one or two punches.

Ultimate Colossus would do much better (but would still lose). He dragged a sub and stopped a train, both which weighed thousands of tons. I don't think regular Colossus has that level of strength.

olympian
"Wonderman and Colossus are on the same level. Wonderman don't really have the strength feats to put him ahead of Colossus and vice versa."

He actually does. He was part of the crew who caught the Nefaria -
trowing - million of ton - island feat.

And then he has the matches with other big guns when he has done well: Thor. Abomination. Hyperion (where they had the earth or the planet they wer in, shake or something to that effect). Gladiator. Hulk, etc.

Colossus only has the Gladiator one, and that was before Glads was written as "pre crisis" Superman lite.

Wman is definatly stronger.

- - -

"Well Colossus has been said in a comic to lift hundreds of tons while shaking off mortar shells. Does that count? "

It does. But you dont need to be Hulks` range (and thats the group i call "top tier"wink to be able to do the same.

Cl 85- 90ish can handle weights in the hundred of tons range.

Juntai

And what feats would that be? I'd assume what they're talking about is the Ruin series, were we found out that he draws in more energy when in a stressful situation. While his showings agree with this, he also seems output it more while still maintaining a rising level of power. It's very similar to Hulk's 'get madder' technique, except more explained. In this type of character, Hulk could mad enough, or Supes could draw in enough energy, to accomplish any strength feat a writer needs.

Silent Master

Except for lifting a press that was stated to be 50,00 tons, supporting most of the Island where the Avengers hydrobase was(it even had a mountain on it) helping to catch a condensed island and having the shockwaves from his fight with Hyperion shaking the planetiod they were on

blackfog
Colossus has a 6/7 strength and a 4/7 Fighting Ability (only a four back in 96 and down)

Wonder woman has a 6 or 7 strength and a four Fighting but however has expirience flight and other powers/skills that colossus does not so WW has got this and pretty quick shes used to muscle bound guys

dman2008
Originally posted by blackfog
Colossus has a 6/7 strength and a 4/7 Fighting Ability (only a four back in 96 and down)

Wonder woman has a 6 or 7 strength and a four Fighting but however has expirience flight and other powers/skills that colossus does not so WW has got this and pretty quick shes used to muscle bound guys
wink
WW has about a 7/7 fighting ability she can hang with Shiva

snoopdogg

He actually does. He was part of the crew who caught the Nefaria -
trowing - million of ton - island feat. He may have been. But we don't know how much of the weight he had. Colossus or any powerhouse could have done the same. It's not a accurate feat.

And then he has the matches with other big guns when he has done well: Thor. Abomination. Hyperion (where they had the earth or the planet they wer in, shake or something to that effect). Gladiator. Hulk, etc.

Colossus only has the Gladiator one, and that was before Glads was written as "pre crisis" Superman lite.

Colossus has also knocked classic Juggernaut on his @ss twice in the same fight. And tossed She-Hulk aside like a little girl. Heck he even went toe to toe with the original Sasquatch.

When Colossus fought Gladiator he was written with his current powerlevel. When Colossus smashed him with a huge concrete pillar Glads didn't even budge. He just stood there.

Silent Master
There is still Wonderman lifting the 50,000 tons and helping to support an Island big enough to have a mountain on it, and last I checked the Gladiator/Colossus match was before Gladiator was shown as a high end cl 100 character

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Silent Master
There is still Wonderman lifting the 50,000 tons and helping to support an Island big enough to have a mountain on it, and last I checked the Gladiator/Colossus match was before Gladiator was shown as a high end cl 100 character WM didn't stop the press if I remember right. He tried, but failed. So that isn't a feat either. And helping somebody do something also isn't a feat. Sh!t I could help Arnold lift 600lbs but that doesn't mean I did it or even 1/3 of it.

Gladiator has always been a class 100 character. He fought Glads the around the same time the FF did. That's purely speculation on your part. You have no proof only assumptions.

Colossus has actually stopped the hydraulic press in the danger room while it was stuck at full power. A press this size has to be over 1,000 tons per side. And that's being generous.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossussmashinthedangerroom.jpg

WM and Colossus are on the same strength level.

Thunderstrike
^ and Colossus has gotten much stronger since then. Nice work, Snoop.

Silent Master
WM didn't stop the press if I remember right. He tried, but failed. So that isn't a feat either. And helping somebody do something also isn't a feat. Sh!t I could help Arnold lift 600lbs but that doesn't mean I did it or even 1/3 of it.

He did stop it, he just didn't think he could get out of the way in time if he were to let go

The Gladiator/FF fight happened after the Colossus one

50,000 > 1,000 and there is still the Island example

No, they're really not

snoopdogg
He did stop it, he just didn't think he could get out of the way in time if he were to let go I'm not saying your wrong. I don't remember it that way. You have a scan?

The Gladiator/FF fight happened after the Colossus one I know this. But the time gap is very small.

50,000 > 1,000 and there is still the Island example 1,000 is just a guess. It's a huge @ss press that was at full power. It may have been much higher than that. And he had two stop two presses. And the island example he had help doing. Not a good example of strength.

No, they're really not Well being they are both rated at level 6 strength yes they are. big grin

Silent Master
I'm not saying your wrong. I don't remember it that way. You have a scan?

I have the book somewhere, it's only a matter of finding it.

And nothing in the Colossus fight shows Gladiator was a cl100/top tier character

1,000 x 2= 2,000 or 1/25th of 50,000

Different Island, this was the one the Avengers hydrobase was on, Sue at first says that he is only taking some of the weight off her force-field a panel or so later she says that he is lifting it.

And the Living Tribunal and Thor are both listed as 7, doesn't mean their strength is anywhere close to each other(extreme example)

snoopdogg
I have the book somewhere, it's only a matter of finding it.Well please do. It's not in the WM respect thread.

And nothing in the Colossus fight shows Gladiator was a cl100/top tier character They were fighting, not lifting weights. Colossus smashed him on the head with a huge @ss pillar and Glads just stood there with his arms on his hips smiling. BTW Colossus is alot stronger now than he was then too.

1,000 x 2= 2,000 or 1/25th of 50,000I can do basic math. But I don't think your listening to me. I just put those numbers out there. They could be much higher.

Different Island, this was the one the Avengers hydrobase was on, Sue at first says that he is only taking some of the weight off her force-field a panel or so later she says that he is lifting it.Why wasn't this feat in his respect thread? I need to see it.

And the Living Tribunal and Thor are both listed as 7, doesn't mean their strength is anywhere close to each other(extreme example) Level 7 strengh varies the most. That mean that they are incalcuable. Level 6 means they have a measureable limit.

Silent Master
Well please do. It's not in the WM respect thread.

IIRC it was either Avengers 192 or 193, I should be able to find it.

Going by their feats he hasn't increased anywhere near as much as Gladiator has since that showing.

Or much lower

It also happened in the Avengers

Isn't the Thing also listed as a 6?

Thunderstrike
^ Colossus is a tad stronger than thing.

JOE NUNEZ
hey snoopdog go check out the inhuman vs xmen thread they need your knowledge.

Silent Master
I don't have a scanner but, from Avnegers#307

The land supporting the Island where the Avengers hydrobase is located is crumbling beneath it and the Island is threating to slide off into the ocean, currently Sue is using her forcefields to keep from tilting far enough to slid off.

Now from the issue

Sue:Reed it's too much! I feel like my head is going to burst
Reed:Try broadening your wedge,Sue, shift the centers of strength to...
Sue:wait! look! out of the western sky, it's...
Wonderman:Well not sky king, Richards..but I hope Wonderman will do!
Reed:It's the west coast Avengers! and not a moment too soon
Wonderman:Not "west caost" anymore,remember! we're all just one big happy team of Avengers now...and that means this Island is just as much my turf as the west coast coompund! and I'd sure gate to see it go splot!

And now that the context is taken care off, here is the important parts

Sue:He...he's taking some of the pressure off my force field!

Reed:but ...how? surely Wonderman's rocket belt doesn't have the strength to..wait! look! Wonderman is straining! could it be the rockets on his belt are somehow linked to his own mutated life energy

Sue:As you said youself Reed... Time to consider that later, he's leveling the Island, but it's still in danger of toppling

Reed:Yes... we must modify our approach, drop your field let
Wonderman take the full weight!

Wonderman:Hey! do you mind Richards? I'm already busting my back as it is!

Silent Master
Sue:he's right, Reed you can't expect him to...

Reed: only for a moment Susan! quickly now reproject your field..but this time as a spiral around the whole rock column

Sue:Oh-hh.I understand now, you want me to reinforce it!

Silent Master
As for Avengers#192 and the press, Wonderman holds it for 9 panels until Tony helps pull him clear.

Tony:got it, the worker's free, now you can jump clear
Wonderman:I-I-I can't, the threads on this thing are stripped if I jump out head first It'll slam down on the lower half of my torso, likewise for the other half, if I try feet first, and though my super hard body might be able to take it...

Tony:then trust me,Simon and let go, your only chance is to come out.

olympian
"He may have been. But we don't know how much of the weight he had. Colossus or any powerhouse could have done the same. It's not a accurate feat."

There wer only 4 avengers there and only one claimed he wasent able to handle the weight. That was IM.

616 colossus never handled even close as far as i am aware.

And he still lacks the record WM has with definite top tiers.

- - -

"Colossus has also knocked classic Juggernaut on his @ss twice in the same fight. And tossed She-Hulk aside like a little girl. Heck he even went toe to toe with the original Sasquatch."

Wasent that skills?. We all know Juggernaut, a drunk one at that already punked him easily. Colossus only had one shot.

Classic She Hulk was never top tier.

Classic Sasquatch its the only impressive showing he had with a conclusive top tier by then and it was clear who was stronger.

Whats impressive about Colossus considering he is a "brick" its mostly skills and his agility.

- - -

"Gladiator has always been a class 100 character. He fought Glads the around the same time the FF did. That's purely speculation on your part. You have no proof only assumptions"

Sorry Snoop. Your wrong in that regard.

The first time he started being a total beast was with the FF figth. Not before.

And Thing back then who was *punked ugly* by Glads was stronger than Colosuss. As seen by a better figthing track record.

About the island Graviton (my mistake, though was Nefaria) feat:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8125/avengers162zz.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3826/avengers176up.jpg

Has Colossus even with help ever done something this impressive?

snoopdogg

There wer only 4 avengers there and only one claimed he wasent able to handle the weight. That was IM.

616 colossus never handled even close as far as i am aware.

And he still lacks the record WM has with definite top tiers. The bottom line is he didn't do it by himself. Thor could have easily did 75% of it considering he did lift the Midgard Serpeant.

Wasent that skills?. We all know Juggernaut, a drunk one at that already punked him easily. Colossus only had one shot. Juggernaut can get drunk? He don't even need to breath or eat. He drinks for the fun of it. Colossus was the one who was drunk and he actually stumbled into Juggernaut spilling his drink. Colossus was the one who was drunk and considering that he did pretty well.

The first time he started being a total beast was with the FF figth. Not before.

Gladiator had like 6 appearances before that. It was impossible to gauge his power level at that time. eek!

Champion beat the crap out of WM easier than he did Colossus. That was most cause Colossus was more durable than WM. Colossus lasted almost a full round against him.

Silent Master
The bottom line is he didn't do it by himself. Thor could have easily did 75% of it considering he did lift the Midgard Serpeant.

Even if Thor did 75% of it, Ironman said it weighed millions of tons so going by the lowest number of 2 million, that would mean that Wonderman lifted at least 166,666 tons.

Champion didn't beat WM, Simon got DQ'd for ripping up the ring.

olympian
"The bottom line is he didn't do it by himself. Thor could have easily did 75% of it considering he did lift the Midgard Serpeant."

And id agree that the one who held most of the weight was Thor.

But considering we also have the "almost" Thor lifting feat he has on its own and this one, together with going against Hyperion making the surface they wer in, shake, i say Colossus isent on the same level. He doesnt have the top tier record.

- - -

"Juggernaut can get drunk? He don't even need to breath or eat. He drinks for the fun of it. Colossus was the one who was drunk and he actually stumbled into Juggernaut spilling his drink. Colossus was the one who was drunk and considering that he did pretty well."

A bar fight wich was cut clear he was outclassed.

But your right in one regard yeah. Jugs wasent the drunk one, my mistake on that one.

- - -

"Gladiator had like 6 appearances before that. It was impossible to gauge his power level at that time"

It actually isent. You draw a line with the FF fight.

See how he was written before that.

See how he was written in and therefore that.

Wich was definatly uber?

Nataku8188
Wonder Woman.

There is no logical argument.

snoopdogg

And id agree that the one who held most of the weight was Thor.

But considering we also have the "almost" Thor lifting feat he has on its own and this one, together with going against Hyperion making the surface they wer in, shake, i say Colossus isent on the same level. He doesnt have the top tier record. Sh!t now that I think about it Thor is more than capable of holding all of that weight. Those other guys were just basically balancing it most likely. Vision is even there laughing

Is this a top tier as far as raw power goes?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossusannual_4.jpg
(He punched through a barrier that Dr. Strange, Wolverine, And Storm could not even all at the same time)

A bar fight wich was cut clear he was outclassed.

But your right in one regard yeah. Jugs wasent the drunk one, my mistake on that one. A big mistake actually. Fighting somebody while you are drunk is not a good idea as far as vision and reflexes go. Colossus did alright under the circumstances.

It actually isent. You draw a line with the FF fight.

See how he was written before that.

See how he was written in and therefore that.

Wich was definatly uber? Is this the same Gladiator who was destroyed by the Hulk? Or Cannonball? Heck even Gambit took Glads down. He even recently needed a speed boost just to catch a tidal wave. eek!

Glads has always been Glads. Happy Dance

Silent Master
It took several plot devices in order for the Hulk to beat Gladiator, first the Hulk saw him as his father, then the Hulk's hand can stop Glad's laser vision when it was ripping through his chest, then Gladiator not only doesn't stop firing but is hurt by his own LV and then the Hulk of all people makes the logic jump that Gladiator must be wek to certain types of radiation, which luckily there just happens to be nearby.

He was mind controled during the Gambit example, BTW in AOA Gambit killed Colossus with I beileve one card, it took all 52 just to stop a mind-controled Gladiator

As for Cannonball, he did not beat Gladiator, all he managed to do was knock him down, notice he was back up with no damage and still thought so little of Cannonball that he said letting such a child fight would lack honor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.