He-man vs. Popeye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
who wins...

JOE NUNEZ
Popeye spends four hours eating spinach before the fight...

illadelph12
I say He-Man or draw.

He-Man's powers are magical, and his strength is augmented to deal with the task he's performing. Popeye's spinach strength will eventually fade as he digests the vegetable, but when he's infused with the spinach, he's literally unstoppable. During this period, more than likely neither will be able to harm the other unless He-Man is vulnerable to reality warping. When Popeye's strength wanes so will He-Man's, as his strength is comparable to the threat he's facing, and Popeye even without spinach can take godly amounts of damage.

This fight is dependent on whether He-Man is durable enough to take a full powered punch from Popeye without being morphed into some obscure object by the punch's abilities (like morphing into a baby in He-Man boots with Battlecat as a stuffed animal), or if He-Man can withstand Popeye's spinach endowed burst of power and score a victory when he returns to normal.

badabing
Popeye.

illadelph12
And just for clarification, I didn't start these Popeye threads today as a way of trolling, I was genuinely trying to bring Popeye to the table as a viable powerhouse who gets overlooked on this board because of his cartoon and legacy in pop culture.

Popeye was a beast in the comics if you evaluate his feats, he just doesn't get the accolades he deserves, so I thought I'd bring them to light.

bean_machine
He-man.

xtrubeastxcs
He-Man, popeye is uh well strong for a human

illadelph12
He-Man's powers strategically trump Popeye's. It's the nature of his powers. He-Man is magically endowed to be stronger than anyone he faces. The catch is Popeye is damn near invulnerable and pretty much immortal (though he has been shown to grow old). I'm not sure He-Man could put Popeye down for good, or if he could really stand up to Popeye at full spinach power. He would be stronger than Popeye, but Popeye has more than strength on his side. He's done some ridiculous feats. If he could get his hands on He-Man's sword he could chew it up and spit magical bullets at He-Man like a machine gun, and he could also use his pipe to fly. Popeye could pull of a victory if he uses his advantages (speed, agility, and durability). If it becomes a slugfest He-Man will eventually drop Popeye if his magic powers can cancel out Popeye's ability to transform the objects he punches.

xtrubeastxcs
Something about "full spinach power" makes me want to leave this topic and never goto one about popeye again... ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.