Spider-man Vs. The Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Peter Parker goes on an assignment for the Daily Bugle to take pictures of a rare new species of flower recently discovered only in a remote part of a hot steamy South American jungle. Once there, his fellow reporters disappear only to be found later by Parker...strung up like cattle, beheaded, skinned, and their spinal cords ripped out. Changing into his Spidey-duds, his spider-sense kicks into fifth gear barely in time to avoid a flying razor-disc buzzing past his head...
Spider-man looks but doesn't see anyone...at first. A blurry image reveals itself to be the Predator; looking for new prey to add to his skull collection...

"Oh great, something tells me I should've called in sick this morning...!!!!!" yells Spidey while barely managing to avoid a blast from the Predator's shoulder canon........"O.K. ugly, if it's a fight you want, it's a fight you're gonna get..!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So, who walks out of the jungle alive? Does a pissed Spidey triumph over the galaxy's most fear hunter? Or does Spidey's skull end up as the newest addition to the Predator's trophy room?

P.S. The Predator has all of his weapons and gadgets and the fight takes place in and amongst the trees of the hot, steamy jungle.

MrHeavySilence
Predator only has infrared vision. Spiderman, with his new upgrades, would easily knock Predator through a tree trunk and laugh it off. Also, its not like Spidey is exempt from the atmosphere of a jungle. I know Peter has night vision and can feel vibrations, so he could probably spot Predator easily.

batdude123
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Predator only has infrared vision. Spiderman, with his new upgrades, would easily knock Predator through a tree trunk and laugh it off. Also, its not like Spidey is exempt from the atmosphere of a jungle. I know Peter has night vision and can feel vibrations, so he could probably spot Predator easily.

Predator doesn't just have infrared vision. Where did you get that from?

Thunderstrike
Preds can see in multiple light spectrums. I don't think even and Elder could take Parker, but who knows. I think Slade vs an Elder Pred would be a better fight.

Crease
Even without the recent upgrades, without having to hold back, he beats the hell out of the Pred 8/10.

Psyquis52
Spiderman wins.

xkalybr
Spidey wins even without his new extra powers.

Look what Batman did to the Predator.

samishe
Spider-man.
Whatever Predator shoots at him Spider could dodge.

Tassadar
Spidey wins unless pred gets in a lucky shot

Comicbook_kid
Yes, just for future reference, this is the classic Spidey in his regular costume and powers, not his ridiculous new costume or upgrades.....

And now, back to the battle...................................

MR.Grum
spidey still owens preditor finds the flower and takes a pic of the dead preditor holding it then gets a lota cash and gets bizzy with mj

Darth Martin
Slade would get owned by an Elder.

braz
is this a warrior, an elder, what?

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by braz
is this a warrior, an elder, what?

An experienced "warrior" Predator....somewhat more experienced than the one in the first film....but this is a Predator from the comics, not movies. The Predators in the comics make the ones from the films look like the Care Bears....

But yes, to answer your question....this is a very experienced warrior Predator from the comics.......

Darth Martin
Predator with ALL of his weapopnry eqauls a dead spider. That's better than he iron suit.

Metalmanx
Yea. Spidey can win even without his new upgrades. But with them, beats the Predator 9/10.

Darth Martin
Elder beats spidey if he has acces to all weaponry regardless of spideys upgrades.

brainchild81
Originally posted by xkalybr
Spidey wins even without his new extra powers.

Look what Batman did to the Predator. Spidey wins but preds are still pretty tough. I think the second one beat Batmans a$$ with an ordinary wooden stick.

braz
ok, a warrior, thus a vet. what equipment and weapons does the pred have?

braz
if Pred gets his netgun, (not to mention a whole slew of other weapons too including his signiature weapon- the shoulder cannon) then pred traps Spidey in it. no way spideys gettin out. or at least not quick enough before Pred fires 3 or 4 plasma bolts at him while hes caught in the net. but spidey would also have the preds position via spider sense and he could maybe get the jump on him and take the battle into close quarters fighting, h2h, before he fires nething where spidey would win because of his superior reflexes. pred wouldnt lay a finger on him. but most likely, (not by much) but most likely the predator would trap spidey in the net before he can do nething. and he could do that here. remember its the jungle. if it was in New York, Pred gets owned easy. but since its the Preds habitat pretty much. Pred 6/10

Darth Martin
What weapons does the yautja get? It's important just like braz said if it gets netgun and plasma-caster or smart-disk that is a dead spider.

branhole
he should get all of them, hed hella kill.

Thanos_6383
Spider-Man better not underestimate the Predator.

Darth Martin
Dude if an Elder gets full access to yautja weaponry he would kill spidey 10/10 with opr without the upgrades.

Metalmanx
Nah. Don't get me wrong, the Predator would definitely be a challenge and make Spidey work for it, but ol' webhead would definitely win the majority here.

ExtraMision5555
For the record, martha stewart has been out of jail for quite some time now smile

braz
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Nah. Don't get me wrong, the Predator would definitely be a challenge and make Spidey work for it, but ol' webhead would definitely win the majority here.

naw fool. maybe if it was in New York where Spiderman was alot more mobile, but here. in the jungle which is Preds habitat basically, he pwns him. 6/10

Metalmanx
naw fool. maybe if it was in New York where Spiderman was alot more mobile, but here. in the jungle which is Preds habitat basically, he pwns him. 6/10

The jungle really doesn't make a difference actually. It still provides just as much cover and such as New York would.

Spidey definitely has the power-set necessary to take a Predator down.

braz
yea, but whats spidey gunna swing on with his webshooters?? little trees until he smacks into one like George of the Jungle?

Metalmanx
...Do you know who Spider-Man is?

braz
...Do you know who Spider-Man is?

um. yea. i think. confused

i just dont see how he'd swing on trees like he does on buildings in the city. theyre too narrow, too many of em, not tall enough. i mean yea spidey could probably hide up in a tree, and the pred would have his position immediately via bio helmet, shoots a metal net from his net gun, traps spidey for a sec, then blasts him wit the shoulder cannon

Metalmanx
um. yea. i think. confused

i just dont see how he'd swing on trees like he does on buildings in the city. theyre too narrow, too many of em, not tall enough. i mean yea spidey could probably hide up in a tree, and the pred would have his position immediately via bio helmet, shoots a metal net from his net gun, traps spidey for a sec, then blasts him wit the shoulder cannon

The trees will work just fine. They're not as tall, but if you read Spider-Man, he doesn't necessarily need to "swing". A lot of times, when he needs to do some quick moving, he just uses a sort of "zip-line". Basically, he webs a spot, then pulls. With his superstrength and the elasticity of his webbing, it fires him in the direction he wants to go. And in order to change directions, he just does the same thing while in mid-zip. He does it all the time.

Sure, the Pred can get his location via the bio helmet. But he won't be hitting Spidey with anything. Spider-sense works wonders, wouldn't you say? That and his superhuman speed/reflexes/agility, etc. No metal net will be hitting Spidey. And especially no shoulder cannon. It's nothing he hasn't dodged before, my friend.

braz
so hows Spiderman gunna come on the offensive when he can only defend himself? i say one of those nets eventually gets him, or the smart disk or plasma bolts which supposeably move faster than bullets, and trust me, Warrior class preds are surgical wit them damn things. and not to mention they lock on to their target also with that bio helmet.

Metalmanx
Oh, I was just talking about the defense because you brought it up.

Spider-Man is:
-Stronger
-Faster
-More agile
-Better reflexes
-Better equilibrium
-Better dexterity
-Smarter (most likely)
-Quicker thinker
-More resourceful
-Etc, etc.

When Spidey goes on the offense, he can literally rain blow after blow upon the Predator, completely unanswered. His plethora of blows will take the Pred.

braz
Oh, I was just talking about the defense because you brought it up.

Spider-Man is:
-Stronger
-Faster
-More agile
-Better reflexes
-Better equilibrium
-Better dexterity
-Smarter (most likely)
-Quicker thinker
-More resourceful
-Etc, etc.

When Spidey goes on the offense, he can literally rain blow after blow upon the Predator, completely unanswered. His plethora of blows will take the Pred.

so whats he gunna do exactly to beat the Predaor with all that?

Soljer
While I agree that Spider man is more than likely faster, stronger, more agile Etc. etc. etc. than a predator, I must contest the fact that you believe he is smarter. I know the Predators seem dumb in movies, but they have to. They are the enemy. I know predators seem feral or what not, but they aren't. Not only that, they are millenia ahead in evolution compared to humans, and they are at the LEAST, centuries ahead in technology. I very much doubt parker is smarter. Especially in a fight.

I will give him the physical attributes (for the most part), however. Most Predators are probably about class 2. They've lifted cars and what not, but they haven't JUGGLED them. One elder, however, managed to lift a tank. Most tanks weigh 65 tons or so, which is way out of spideys league.

Assuming we are pitting spiderman against an average Elder, and not the BEST of the BEST, I believe that it would be a very very good fight.

Probably 5/10 in either direction.

braz
this is a warrior Pred, one step below an elder. but regardless, i say Pred wins. i think he has enough experience to get the job done.

Robtard
Predators are now super-human strength? 65 tons wtf? Is that canon or just stupid writers making the alien hunters out ot be more than they are?

Spiderman can easily dodge bullets, which he has shown to do throughout his comic career, what is the Predator going to hit him with? Answer is nothing most of the time. Spiderman's superhuman speed, agility, reaction time and strength take the Predator down. SM even has his spider sense as an early detection warning to effectively nullify the Predators best defense, his cloaking device. Spiderman wins this fight 8/10.

People also forget, Spiderman can jump a few city blocks with his strength, he wouldn't even need to rely of his webbing to move around in the jungle, he'd be jumping and swinging circles around the Predator. This is one fight where speed matters most and Spiderman has that WAY over the Predators.

Soljer
The "one step" between Warrior and Elder is HUGE, my friend. Regardless, I don't think my prediction has changed. 5/10 in either direction.

EDIT in response to Robtard: Spidie has amazing reflexes, and his spider sense in tow. However, the fact is, he has been hit before. He will be hit again.

And as far as predators go, yes, they have super-human strength, as I said, in the range of two tons, more than likely. The lifting of a tank was probably indeed bad writing, but nonetheless, it happened. As I said, I would probably give every physical attribute to Spiderman, however, a predator is definitely smarter, has amazing weaponry, and is an incredible hunter. Yes, Spiderman dodges bullets like crazy, but the plasmacaster fires at much higher speeds than any conventional bullet. And, if necessary, the Predator could attack three ways at once. With plasma, a netgun, melee, a smart disk, etc.

Do I think the Predator would win no contest? No way! But do I think Spiderman could take him down without a problem? Probably not.

Robtard
Hell ya Spiderman would have to work VERY hard for it, one slip and he's dead from a single hit. But the combination of his abilities and that fact that he doesn't get hit often is why I said 8/10 Spidermans favor.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer
While I agree that Spider man is more than likely faster, stronger, more agile Etc. etc. etc. than a predator, I must contest the fact that you believe he is smarter. I know the Predators seem dumb in movies, but they have to. They are the enemy. I know predators seem feral or what not, but they aren't. Not only that, they are millenia ahead in evolution compared to humans, and they are at the LEAST, centuries ahead in technology. I very much doubt parker is smarter. Especially in a fight.

I will give him the physical attributes (for the most part), however. Most Predators are probably about class 2. They've lifted cars and what not, but they haven't JUGGLED them. One elder, however, managed to lift a tank. Most tanks weigh 65 tons or so, which is way out of spideys league.

Assuming we are pitting spiderman against an average Elder, and not the BEST of the BEST, I believe that it would be a very very good fight.

Probably 5/10 in either direction.

Isn't, however, just as much an assumption to say that the Predator is smarter than Spidey? I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm sure the Pred is very intelligent, I never once believed them to always be those freal creatures that the movies portray them as. But so is Spidey. So, we can just agree to disagree on that one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.