Silver Surfer Vs. Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Don't know if this fight has ever been done before, but it's one I would love to see...this is Lobo without his cloning powers by the way. I can see it now....just imagine this....

Silver Surfer (while still a herald of Galactus) arrives at the planet Czarnia to arrive to the inhabitants that his master Galactus is coming and to prepare to be annilhilated. But to his surprise, when he gets there he finds only one inhabitant left, the being known as Lobo.

"You're a little late Baldy...but better late than never I always say!!!! Oh, well, I can still use the exercise...."

Lobo hops on his bike and pulls out his hook and chain and races toward the Surfer...

"Prepare to face the full power of the Power Cosmic!!!" replies the Surfer....

So, could Czarnia's last son take down the Skyrider of the Spaceways????

MrHeavySilence
Silver Surfer.

jasofisc
surfer turns his body into a doll and since lobo is imortal he stays that way forever

long pig
Depends.

D.C continuity Lobo i.e equal to Superman/Manhunter/CapMarv or...and this is a biggie, Old School Lobo from his original series. The guy who IS skyfather level.

DC cannon Lobo loses, O.G Lobo wins.

Old Lobo and SS are similar in a lot of ways, neither can really fly (lobo can fart and fly and SS can discharge energy and fly...but it's useless) but they can use their vehicles to go hundreds and millions times the speed of light. Old Lobo displayed unheard of strength by ripping apart a 4D cube that had the sum weight of the entire universe....so, Lobo has the strength advantage.

Durability is equal, Lobo uses black holes as easy ways to get to bars. Surfer could probably to the same.

Lobo is smarter and a better fighter, but his reflexes aren't SS' speed, but they aren't low enough to get blitzed by SS.

Transmutation doesn't work on Lobo, it's part of his unique Czarnian body structure and quasi molecular control(Lobo can actually control his healing factor by way of controlling his molecules). Sort of like Thanos. Molecular tinkering has been tried, and it's failed.

Another one of Lobo's tricks is his ability to "see" his opponents weakness and automatically figure out how to exploit it by pure reflex.

Lunatik, Marvel's version of Lobo (created by the same guy) took Surfer out in a half page. Food for thought, I guess.

Anyway, cannon Lobo loses, old Lobo wipes the floor with shiny boy.

CaptainStoic
I agree, Lobo is a cretin, and his fighting style is too dirty for the Surfer. I can see him kicking the Surfer in the nutsac, and pressing the advantage. The first time I saw him fight Superman, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I mean he didn't just completely ruin him, but he had him on the run. I have to say that if it's that incarnation of Lobo, The Silver Surfer is done for.

Psyquis52
The problem with Silver Surfer is the idiot is always holding back. Even when he fights Thanos the idiot holds back!

Lobo's going to win because Silver Surfer is a softy.

juggernaut66666
silver surfer

samishe
^true. Lobo is taugh but surfer is taugher.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by long pig
Depends.

D.C continuity Lobo i.e equal to Superman/Manhunter/CapMarv or...and this is a biggie, Old School Lobo from his original series. The guy who IS skyfather level.

Old Lobo and SS are similar in a lot of ways, neither can really fly (lobo can fart and fly and SS can discharge energy and fly...but it's useless) but they can use their vehicles to go hundreds and millions times the speed of light. Old Lobo displayed unheard of strength by ripping apart a 4D cube that had the sum weight of the entire universe....so, Lobo has the strength advantage.

Durability is equal, Lobo uses black holes as easy ways to get to bars. Surfer could probably to the same.

Lobo is smarter and a better fighter, but his reflexes aren't SS' speed, but they aren't low enough to get blitzed by SS.

Transmutation doesn't work on Lobo, it's part of his unique Czarnian body structure and quasi molecular control(Lobo can actually control his healing factor by way of controlling his molecules). Sort of like Thanos. Molecular tinkering has been tried, and it's failed.

Another one of Lobo's tricks is his ability to "see" his opponents weakness and automatically figure out how to exploit it by pure reflex.

Lunatik, Marvel's version of Lobo (created by the same guy) took Surfer out in a half page. Food for thought, I guess.Actually, Surfer took it to Lunatik during their final battle; he knocked him across the planet, boiled him, and generally just beat the heck out of him. Lunatik got some shots, though Surfer ended things by linking Lunatik's DNA to the ecosystem of the planet on which they were fighting.

I'd give this fight to Surfer. He just has too many edges over Lobo.

Juntai
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Actually, Surfer took it to Lunatik during their final battle; he knocked him across the planet, boiled him, and generally just beat the heck out of him. Lunatik got some shots, though Surfer ended things by linking Lunatik's DNA to the ecosystem of the planet on which they were fighting.

I'd give this fight to Surfer. He just has too many edges over Lobo. Are they 1 and 1 then?
Or have they fought other times, who won?

Mider
have you ever seen the crazy stuff the old lobo does? He killed two god like beings, servived a universe destroying blast, as long wolf said he tore something that was the strengh of the universe give me a break he'd rip surfer a new one, transmutation wouldnt work, speed blitzing wouldnt work supes could have done it but didnt, lobo's durability is so great that he is also able to be in the sun and servive supes heat vision, with old lobo ss has no chance of winning cause he cant hurt him, his transmutation powers would not work, killing him wouldnt work, disintigration him might not work i mean how durable is this guy? as i said old lobo servived a galaxy destroying blast, if lobo gets his hands on this guy he'll smash him, and his bike went as fast as the flash once,,,,,,,it blew up but surfer aint as fast as the flash......lol no one is O_O anyway lobo has also killed gods, and smacked them around like nobodys his strengh is unknown old lobo wins but the one who lost to supes eventually loses to silver surfer maybe depending on how supes won if it was hand to hand well then whatever who ever wins against supes in hand to hand if it was something else surfer might have a chance. Also didnt he stalemate thanos lobo i mean?

blackfog
surfer has got this Lobo is very much cooler though

Mider
surfer will be murdered

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Mider
surfer will be murdered
How?

thesilverspider
Originally posted by long pig
Depends.

Lunatik, Marvel's version of Lobo (created by the same guy) took Surfer out in a half page. Food for thought, I guess.

Anyway, cannon Lobo loses, old Lobo wipes the floor with shiny boy.
eek! you're still alive

Comicbook_kid
WOW...this is turning out better than I thought!!!!!!!! big grin Keep em' comin' fellas!!!!!!!! yes

Mider
how? He'd tear surfers head off if he got his hands on him, he can go faster then him for a short time at least cause his bike went as fast or faster then the flash it exploded but it still happend, his transmutation powers wouldnt do crap to lobo, his endurance is strong enough to take supes heat vision which is hotter then stars which is probably hotter then nukes even the hulk cant take nukes to well, lobo has servived a blast that DID destroy a galaxy and just went oops cause he had caused it

CaptainStoic
Lunatik and Lobo are two different characters.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Mider
how? He'd tear surfers head off if he got his hands on him, he can go faster then him for a short time at least cause his bike went as fast or faster then the flash it exploded but it still happend, his transmutation powers wouldnt do crap to lobo, his endurance is strong enough to take supes heat vision which is hotter then stars which is probably hotter then nukes even the hulk cant take nukes to well, lobo has servived a blast that DID destroy a galaxy and just went oops cause he had caused it *opens umbrella to avoid being drenched by fanboy water*

Seperating Surfer's head from his shoulders is a feat that Superman would have trouble doing, if he could do it at all. I don't see Lobo accomplishing much, except perhaps getting a facefull of the Power Cosmic.

So far, Lobo's two assets are his HtH combat ability and his ability to "see" and exploit weaknesses. He might be able to score an indirect win by taking advantage of the Surfer's nobility, trashing some innocent planet, then attacking when the Surfer attempts to save people. I'm not sure his guile and combat ability will be enough against Surfer's powerset.

CaptainStoic
Lobo is also Immortal, and he is highly resistant to energy attacks. No I'm not a Lobo fanboy, I just have a lot of his comics, and he's no joke when it comes to power. In one of the Legion 9x books he is seen fighting a guy named Iceman, who was composed of pure energy. In that fight Lobo hurt him enough to make him flee.

Mider
we aint lobo fanboys alot of his apperences have him taking on gods, even near omnipatents, he uses black holes as jokes and things like that.

Mider
he and the mask killed other gods for jokes as well and killed whole planets just for kicks.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Lobo is also Immortal, and he is highly resistant to energy attacks. No I'm not a Lobo fanboy, I just have a lot of his comics, and he's no joke when it comes to power. In one of the Legion 9x books he is seen fighting a guy named Iceman, who was composed of pure energy. In that fight Lobo hurt him enough to make him flee. I didn't mean to suggest that Lobo was weak. Anyone that can hang in Superman's league qualifies as a beast. I only meant that Surfer's skills and powerset seem to overshadow Lobo's in most respects, not including HtH or the tendency to fight dirty. wink

Mider
lol use old lobo surfer wouldnt stand a chance

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I didn't mean to suggest that Lobo was weak. Anyone that can hang in Superman's league qualifies as a beast. I only meant that Surfer's skills and powerset seem to overshadow Lobo's in most respects, not including HtH or the tendency to fight dirty. wink

Your completely right, but it still remains a mystery whether or not the Surfers comic power blasts could even faze Lobo, annd if it did, it would likely only slow him down for a brief moment.

Lobo's immortality would be a plague to the Surfer, he would just continue to rise, (this is of course if he could knock Lobo out in the first place) and eventually wear the Surfer out.

In terms of how the fight would go, I see it going two ways:
1) If Lobo somehow manages to knock the Surfer off of his board, and get up close, this fight will most likely go to him.

2) If the Surfer can maintain a safe distance, and bombard Lobo with cosmic blasts, while hitting him travelling at hyper speeds repeatedly he will win, but if he makes an error enabling Lobo to capitalize on it, Lobo will surely do his famous brawling technique on him and take him out pretty quickly.

Lobo 7/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.